Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2017, 16:44   #826
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
I didn't understand the meaning of AMC so can you please elaborate?

The AMC from Tata motors covers even consumables, such as oil, and some wear and tear items, such as wiper blades, etc. The cost benefit of the gold AMC is well worth the price and I recommend it. The service bills will be in hundreds rather than thousands.
Old 31st July 2017, 23:58   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
I didn't understand the meaning of AMC so can you please elaborate?

Your comment has surely increased my confidence in the nano.

Thanks for your help, I have two questions in my mind
1. Does the XM version come with air con? I am confused because the dealer told me that it doesn't come with it but tata's webpage mentions that it has the air con.

2. What will be the resale value after 3 or 4 years of usage?
Hi Shreyas,

Answers to your questions.

1. AMC or Annual Maintenance Contract or Value Care Advantage is provided by Tata Motors as a facility so that you can cover your tata car for all the ccheduled maintenance services – labour, parts & consumables. You can read in detail on the following website.

http://service.tatamotors.com/content/value-care

I took the Gold AMC (scroll down to the bottom of the page mentioned in the URL above). It is a small amount that you pay up front to cover for all the scheduled maintenance including parts and consumables that you otherwise pay for.

2. I also think that XM version does come with the air con, however I would confirm the same to you once again tomorrow morning after talking to salesperson.

3. After Sales service is something which is not really something worth talking about when it comes to Tata vehicles. So its not a different story for Nano either. To sum this point, Tata Nano are not going to fetch you a handsome resale value which you might expect.

I would however say that Tata Nano is a complete city car and I am enjoying every bit of it since the date I bought one!

Cheers!
Old 20th October 2017, 01:05   #828
Senior - BHPian

I bought this 2013 single owner LX edition for Rs 65,000 from a dealer today. I've been given an estimate for Rs15,000 for bodywork and engine tune up by my mechanic who is also going to sticker the roof shiny black and add side body graphics, nothing too loud i hope. I can't wait for the refinished car to roll down my driveway.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-c.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-d.jpg  

Last edited by nickatnite : 20th October 2017 at 01:07.
nickatnite is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 09:51   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I bought this 2013 single owner LX edition for Rs 65,000 from a dealer today. I've been given an estimate for Rs15,000 for bodywork and engine tune up by my mechanic who is also going to sticker the roof shiny black and add side body graphics, nothing too loud i hope. I can't wait for the refinished car to roll down my driveway.
Congratulations - that's a sweet price and the car looks great! The 2013 model doesn't come with power steering, if I remember correctly?

We bought a Nano CX in 2011 and replaced it with the Twist XT in 2014. It is a wonderful car for in-city commutes, especially for the elderly.

Good luck with the bodywork and embellishments!
spindoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 23:09   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Congratulations - that's a sweet price and the car looks great! The 2013 model doesn't come with power steering, if I remember correctly?

We bought a Nano CX in 2011 and replaced it with the Twist XT in 2014. It is a wonderful car for in-city commutes, especially for the elderly.

Good luck with the bodywork and embellishments!
Thanks for the best wishes. The 2013 does not have power steering but it is ok to drive.As for the stickers i gave strict instructions to not overdo and i've decided on similar to 2012 'special edition' Nano. Anyways, i will post pics of the completed car soon.
nickatnite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 08:09   #831
Senior - BHPian

The 2013, IMO, is the best of the years, and I don't now recall my top trim car's model designation, but if that is LX, it is the best of the trims. The car doesn't need power steering and can do without the glitches of the AMT, unless all the driving is in slow speed traffic.

At that price, it is worth bring it back to looking/feeling like new. On my blue car, I have used matt black 3M film on the bonnet panel and the corresponding panel on the rear, in preference to the roof. Works very well and looks as good as new four years after.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 09:27   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The 2013, IMO, is the best of the years, and I don't now recall my top trim car's model designation, but if that is LX, it is the best of the trims. The car doesn't need power steering and can do without the glitches of the AMT, unless all the driving is in slow speed traffic.
The 2013 LX is a great model, with a no. of improvements including a larger size steering for easier manoeuvring. The lack of EPS is certainly not a deal-breaker.

However, the power steering (with active return) is a wonderful unit and is a boon when it comes to driving in traffic and parking in tight spaces.

We use temp drivers often and while no one really complained about the manual steering in the 2011 model, many speak about the effortlessness with the EPS in the Twist.
Old 21st October 2017, 09:41   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quite possibly, but this is also what I dislike about PS in general; it gives you the power to turn the steering wheel when the car is stationary. Something that is good for neither tyres nor the underlying steering gear in the long run.
Old 4th November 2017, 00:05   #834
BHPian

Of late I have noticed a lot of Nanos running with an awful amount of camber in the rear wheels. From what I have seen from the diagrams, the mounting axis of the rear swingarm is transverse, so a positive camber can only be a result of a bent suspension components. Can anyone shed some more light on this matter?
Old 4th November 2017, 00:45   #835
Senior - BHPian

Following up on post #828, my mechanic drove up in my refurbished 2013 Nano last monday and i drove right through the first day of the monsoon rains through flooded streets and the car drove quite well. Touch wood!. I like the car a lot and i'm attaching a couple of pics i took after a rain soaked drive as that's how the weather has been in Chennai this entire week.Total bill with labor charges rounded off at 20,000 rupees so the total cost of the car is 85,000 rupees including RC transfer fee which was included in the purchase price.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-b.jpg  

nickatnite is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 16:55   #836
Senior - BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...yem-neo-406644

Tata Nano Electric to be launched by Jayem Automotives, Coimbatore as Jayem Neo with Electric power train from Electra EV. Courtsey ACI.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 00:12   #837
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Does anyone on this thread have any experience of the TASS in Bombay? Specifically, the one in Kandivali (West) which I think is now Wasan Motors.
I was looking at buying a second hand Nano as a runabout, 1 year & 3 months old, run less than a 1000Kms and my only fear is the TASS as from what I have experienced in Goa their service leaves a lot to be desired.

Also would the 4 year warranty be transferred to the second owner? If I don't get the warranty, I will not buy the car.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
SS
Old 2nd December 2017, 05:51   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post

Also would the 4 year warranty be transferred to the second owner? If I don't get the warranty, I will not buy the car.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
SS
The warranty is based on the car details, not the owner. It will be transferred to your name when you get a new smartcard. Till then, it will remain in the current owner's name but you can go to the service centre to get things fixed. The sms updates might go to the previous owner till you transfer ownership.

If it is a year old car, you may not have to worry too much about the quality of TASS. You will not have to go there more than twice a year.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 14:25   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

This news must make it to the thread.

As per reports, only one Nano was produced in June-18! This is a sure shot sign that the once much hyped car by Tata is now crawling towards its natural death.

Going by the trails, the car, honestly did not do as well as it was expected by the manufacturer before the launch. In fact, even the people believed that a one-lakh rupee car (initial pricing) will flood the already crowded streets. But troubles in one form or another always remained at the side of the Nano. They started even before the car itself was born. Call it a marketing blunder or a grave mistake, the 'world's cheapest car' tag did not go well with the actual buyers later, as it seems. The Singur episode and subsequent shifting of the plant to Gujarat's Sanand, multiple reports of fire in the car, the price hikes, never helped the cause. The car was given multiple upgrades, AMTs and everything Tata could do, which though may have helped a little to improve the top line figures for a while, but it never went really going for them. Later, one big reason of Mistry's fall-out from the Tata group was also attributed to Nano's poor sales and profitability as per the reports. Mistry's plan to halt the production owing to losses the project had made may have been financially in line, but that probably didn't go down well with Mr. Ratan Tata, for whom Nano was also an emotional project.

But looks like it's near curtains for the Nano, at least in the current form. With just one unit produced in June, it leaves nothing much for imagination. Though, we should also wait for the official June-18 car sales report on TBHP to draw parallels, but reports indicate that domestic sales were at just 3 units in June as against 167 units in the year-ago month.

Source: https://www.business-standard.com/ar...0401136_1.html

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 11:23   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
But looks like it's near curtains for the Nano, at least in the current form. With just one unit produced in June, it leaves nothing much for imagination. Though, we should also wait for the official June-18 car sales report on TBHP to draw parallels, but reports indicate that domestic sales were at just 3 units in June as against 167 units in the year-ago month.
Since June, 2018 Nano seems to be selling in two digits again. The latest shows 54 units for Oct, 2018. It seems to be still on sale and not really out of production. Here is the row from our Oct, 2018 sales thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-screen-shot-20181113-1.43.04-pm.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks