Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2014, 15:36   #706
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano Twist launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Is there anything that we would miss if the hatch is not openable? I thought there was no useful space there worth accessing. I would like to see some better things like an auto gearbox, a 3 pot engine, some safety kit etc.

Nano failed to become a poor man's car. It wouldn't hurt if they add some aspirational factor to it.
adding to this, they could have provided the fuel intake as in normal cars rather than expecting the owner to open the bonnet and fill it. Its just a comfort add-on.
Balaji31582 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 16:26   #707
Senior - BHPian

according some people in the know TML is working on a sporty Nano, to inject some flair into the marque.
Birdies tweet that the "hot" version of the Nano is likely to be powered by a 800cc, triple, turbo-petrol pumping out around 60ps.
Of course, all other aggregates will be upgraded too in line with the power bump-up. But not before 2015 will this "hottie" be launched.
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 17:18   #708
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully the power steering should get a lot more people into the Nano.
Old 13th January 2014, 17:59   #709
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

The Nano Twist is clearly a big feature added to the small car. Though the car shipped just over 500 numbers in December (company to dealer), hopefully they have cleared all the older stock and gunning for some better number starting the new year and new variant.

The power steering would draw in many more customers to its flank and fill up a big void in the feature list compared to its nearest competition the Alto800, Eon. Already the little car is drawn by its super effective A/c and tall boy design, now the driving ease would draw many more of the fairer kind must say! The new color in Purple is once again a cutie .

Really hoping a Twist in the tale for the super mini in the coming days!

Last edited by girishglg : 13th January 2014 at 18:00.
Old 13th January 2014, 18:10   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
still the rear hatch is not openable ??

had heard before that tata wil address this issue in the next facelift, but i don't think that has happened.
The storage space is not much which means, you can put your stuff from inside the car, so why keep an openable hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
adding to this, they could have provided the fuel intake as in normal cars rather than expecting the owner to open the bonnet and fill it. Its just a comfort add-on.
Probably a good feature. But current owners should comment if this really helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
The power steering would draw in many more customers to its flank and fill up a big void in the feature list compared to its nearest competition the Alto800, Eon.
I have a feeling that the missing power steering was not the weak link for Nano. To me the noisy experience was actually a turn-off.

But we need to test drive the Twist before we decide something.

Has anyone put sound deadening/ insulation material in Nano? If yes where?
Old 13th January 2014, 21:48   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

To me the noisy experience was actually a turn off

Did you feel it noisy when you were sitting in the rear with the windows up? Also did you try out the petrol nano?
Old 13th January 2014, 23:06   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

When I drove a Nano, its steering was not that hard to require a power steering actually. Its just another feature to the list of features. The steering was pretty light, if not very light. Also I just hope the steering gets harder as speeds increase. A light steering for the nano at high speed will mean trouble on highways.

Did not get what they meant by "Power steering with brushless motor". Guess the EPS unit does have brushless motors in all cars?
Old 13th January 2014, 23:17   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The storage space is not much which means, you can put your stuff from inside the car, so why keep an openable hatch?

Probably a good feature. But current owners should comment if this really helps.

I have a feeling that the missing power steering was not the weak link for Nano. To me the noisy experience was actually a turn-off.

But we need to test drive the Twist before we decide something.

Will try and address some of these points. After driving a M800 and a Santro, both with hatch doors, I have rarely missed it on the Nano. It's actually better because the luggage remains secure and you don't have to open the hatch at mall security. This was a slight turn off for me too, but no more.

Same goes for the fuel inlet. The front hood is remotely openable. So it's perfectly possible for you to remain seated in the comfort of your car and let the attendant fill the fuel. Also no risk of the fuel filler flap being stolen.

As for the noise I barely notice it. I also frequently have my passengers carrying out normal cellphone conversation with wimdows open. Haven't heard loud noises or complaints.
Old 13th January 2014, 23:50   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Is there anything that we would miss if the hatch is not openable? I thought there was no useful space there worth accessing.
no..its not for the storage space as you have mentioned.

when i read some rumors about a possible hatch-door in the next face-lift, i thought that instead of the current seat-flipping procedure to access the engine-bay, they would give a proper openable hatch-door to directly access the engine bay from outside, just like how we open the bonnet to access engine-bay in other cars.
or is there any other way to access the engine-bay in the new nano?

I have never seen or accessed a nano engine bay. I have just read about the seat-flipping procedure in team-bhp review a few years ago.
Old 14th January 2014, 10:15   #715
Senior - BHPian

Tata is working on an openable rear hatch and I have seen these cars at the Tata plant. I'm not sure why that didn't make it to this version. My only guess is all those changes are coming with the diesel Nano as all those cars had different front and rear bumpers as well.

The Twist is a good launch, but they should have offered the power steering option on other variants too. Many people buy the Nano for the lady in the house and the steering is a little hard at parking speeds.
Old 14th January 2014, 11:28   #716
Senior - BHPian

As an ex-owner, I am happy to see the power steering being added to the car. It is certainly a welcome addition. I have been a very happy & content nano owner and my car is now with my cousion. On the other hand, another cousin of mine has bought the 2013 Nano. So, within the family, I have two nano owners and both are happy with the car and service.

If I have to crib about something, may be I would like to have a newer design steering wheel. Tata should have used this opportunity when they launched the nano Twist.
Old 14th January 2014, 11:31   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Did you feel it noisy when you were sitting in the rear with the windows up? Also did you try out the petrol nano?
We only drove the CNG version - but on petrol mode. CNG mode was not used at all.
We do not have any CNG pumps near our residence, so we are not considering CNG at all (considering the long queues at the pumps which are quite far off in the first place).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Tata is working on an openable rear hatch and I have seen these cars at the Tata plant. I'm not sure why that didn't make it to this version. My only guess is all those changes are coming with the diesel Nano as all those cars had different front and rear bumpers as well.
So, is the diesel version coming out or not?

Quite confused reading conflicting reports every where.
Old 14th January 2014, 12:20   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, is the diesel version coming out or not?

Quite confused reading conflicting reports every where.
Well, that's the big question. The last we have all heard is that the engine is ready and they were sorting out some NVH issues. With the amount they have invested into developing that engine, I don't think it will be shelved.

The auto expo should give us some clarity.
Old 14th January 2014, 18:18   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nano likely to get automatic transmission.

Quote:
Tata Motors, has confirmed the car maker is evaluating various technologies, including auto transmissions, to strengthen the Nano’s positioning as a city car
A more cost-effective automated manual transmission (AMT) ,( following speculatons of Maruti bringing the same tech in the upcoming Celerio) are likely options for such a ‘clutchless’ Nano .

Cheers!

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...on-369556.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:27   #720
BHPian

Tata Nano 30000 Kms service estimate at Rs.3600!!!

Concorde Motors in Hyderabad gave me an estimate of Rs.3600/- when I took the car for a general service at 30000 Kms!!

The 20000 Kms service was done by another service centre in Hyderabad for Rs.1560/-. I just do not understand this huge variation in cost.

If I am made to pay over 3.5 K for a NANO, I am scared to own a larger car by the Tatas in future.

When I asked the service manager why this is costing me so much, he said the previous service centre might not have done all the job required for the service at 20000 Kms.

I am supposed to be driving a Nano and I am not supposed to pay high service bills!

I had to rant about it somewhere and what other place is better than TBHP.

Please let me know if other TBhpians have faced similar situations.
Cuatro is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks