Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2014, 10:54   #256
BHPian

Does anybody have any idea about Navigatoon system in Q3?
The provision is there with a button and all but it is not yet activated.

I am told many conflicting things.
1. Q3 MMI doesn't have hard disk so it will never support.

2. Audi is looking at using one of the SD cards for the navigation database and software. Roughly will cost 80000/-

3. At random some if the chassis numbers of Q3 have the hardware to so maps processing. Not all Q3 have them. So it will be chassis number dependent. <- this is the most funny one.

What have you all been told. Will be good to know.
Old 12th January 2014, 14:46   #257
BHPian

Araje, am not sure about Q3 but for my A6 the navigation cost 80k like u said. It was installed last year and that was the biggest mistake done by me last year. The maps are pathetic and most of the state highways around my town is not shown on the maps. Kindly don't get them.
surgvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 17:27   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgvij View Post
Araje, am not sure about Q3 but for my A6 the navigation cost 80k like u said. It was installed last year and that was the biggest mistake done by me last year. The maps are pathetic and most of the state highways around my town is not shown on the maps. Kindly don't get them.
Really?
Are they not MapMyIndia ?
Old 13th January 2014, 07:37   #259
BHPian

I don't know what maps they are but I don't think they are map my India maps. Last month when I asked my SA he said some updates are in the pipeline but he didn't know when they will be released. May be you can try using these maps in their demo car before buying them. I didn't do this and now I regret.

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th January 2014 at 10:40. Reason: Please avoid sms lingo in posts. U = You
Old 18th January 2014, 14:23   #260
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Got my car delivery on thursday.
Cobalt Blue, Q3, premium plus.

I have to say - the Audi Bangalore (Electronics City) showroom is really great
Everything was delivered on time and adhering to my dates and time. I pulled the date to the left and they worked out the plan and still made it happen.

The delivery experience was also awesome. First the paper work and explanation of all the documents, insurance, Audi Assist, Servicing protocol etc.

While all this was happening, my car was being washed and prepared since it had gone for registration and had come back.

Once all the discussions were over (30mins), I was taken to the delivery bay and the whole car was covered in Red curtain. They did a small photo session and while my sales guy with whom I worked all this while handed over the wrapped key, flower bouquet and an Audi box. And then slowly someone from back (without being visible) pulled over the red curtain from over the car unveiling the car. They had a traditional agenda too and did a pooja before they asked me to enter the car.

After that, I was introduced to my service advisor to whom I should be contacting for all my queries, doubts, servicing etc. The service advisor spent about 45 minutes explaining the car to me - all the electronics aspects, driving aspects etc etc. Nothing was just simple boiler plate stuff and it was all good to know.

Then we started off with the sales advisor standing at the gate with a final thumbs up as we drove past him.

So - yes, with the price tag we do expect an experience and it was good. Wifey was impressed - mission accomplished.

The sales advisor has given 2 calls so far (he had already informed he would keep calling at least once a day for next 2-3 days) to talk about anything that I need to talk about the car.

Yesterday I took the car to 3M HSR layout showroom for all spa treatments - but thats off topic.

Will share more in the ownership reviews.

Audi Bangalore (Electronics City Showroom) - Highly recommended.
I have dealt with only 1 sales advisor and would like to confidently recommend him, should you wish to go with Audi - Mr. Akshay DS.
araje is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 11:08   #261
BHPian

Hearty congratulations araje. Wishing you many happy miles with the car. One small question , did u go for the navigation? If yes how much did it cost you and how are the maps? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 24th January 2014, 12:19   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgvij View Post
Hearty congratulations araje. Wishing you many happy miles with the car. One small question , did u go for the navigation? If yes how much did it cost you and how are the maps? Thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Navigation provision is there but it is not available yet for Q3 and Q5 yet. They are bringing in SD card based navigation since there is no hard disk in MMI.
When it is available, we will have an option to buy it. Not sure if the price.
Old 25th January 2014, 16:32   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Navigation provision is there but it is not available yet for Q3 and Q5 yet. They are bringing in SD card based navigation since there is no hard disk in MMI.
When it is available, we will have an option to buy it. Not sure if the price.
Q5 has navigation in the Technology pack. Q3 might get an SD based navigation in the near future but it is not yet 100% confirmed. Also, compatibility with the existing Q3s is not a certainty. Only time will tell.
Old 26th January 2014, 12:35   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Q5 has navigation in the Technology pack. Q3 might get an SD based navigation in the near future but it is not yet 100% confirmed. Also, compatibility with the existing Q3s is not a certainty. Only time will tell.
As far as the pricing goes, I have an A4 (B8 model - 2011). I was once contacted by Audi Pune workshop, informing me about an upgrade available.

They said the cost was a Whopping 80,000.
Obviously, I passed up. My Google Android smartphone does a fantastic job. Don't think I need to spend 80 grand on it. I might as well use the 80 grand perhaps on something useful like a better air filter or perhaps a better turbocharger than stock.
Old 31st January 2014, 13:49   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannuBhai View Post
As far as the pricing goes, I have an A4 (B8 model - 2011). I was once contacted by Audi Pune workshop, informing me about an upgrade available. They said the cost was a Whopping 80,000. Obviously, I passed up. My Google Android smartphone does a fantastic job. Don't think I need to spend 80 grand on it. I might as well use the 80 grand perhaps on something useful like a better air filter or perhaps a better turbocharger than stock.
I agree. It doesn't seem worth 80K.
I checked with a couple of Audi dealers in US and they told me that the SD card version and the HDD version will have differences. It's largely because of the hardware. The navigation plus package which comes as a part of technology pack has better hardware for graphics compared to the 6.5in standard screen. So 80k and not all of the fruit is a bit disheartening.

Also, we are so used to not being stuck up with a database by google Maps that it really will be a step backword. I really don't think I will want to type an address. We just type what we want and select from the search and off we go - who cares about its actual address. I am pretty sure, the 80k doesn't give us the Audi Connect feature which works google earth in the MMI by using your phone's 3G to connect outside.

So will pass I think. This specific aspect I think was better in X1. But just this point.
Old 24th February 2014, 18:57   #266
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Its that time of the year when you run for making the corporate buys. So this time I am looking at the Audi , BMW and Merc for my buy.

I checked out the following Cars:

1)Audi Q3 top end X Line 48L OTR BLR
2)BMW X1 Top end High Grade 48L OTR BLR

Test drove all three cars and here are my views,

Audi Q3;

Loved the commanding Looks, Shares same DNA as the Q5 which adds the appeal, The Fit Feel and finish is awesome and the Drive Felt great.The Interior quality is top Notch, The Quatro inspires confidence to take it to farm house and on slushy areas, The car handles Nice on the Bumpy roads and Overall walked away feeling good about the car. How ever noticed few negatives,

Firstly the Rear Seat Space is very limited. Infact it felt as small as Jazz or I20. The Rear view Mirror is too small and lastly features such as Navigation, Push button Start are all missing. This is irritating for a 48L car.

BMW X1:

Loved the Drive. The car was always planted and gave confidence while driving. Was a tad bit bumpy compared to the Audi. The interiors did not feel that great compared to Audi but were good. Especially the brush finish aluminium and Red stitched steering looked really great on the sports line. Loaded with features such as memory functions for seat and push button start with 8 Speed transmission the Drive was much better than AUDI. , it was more involving and put a smile on my face. The Features in the BMW are also endless like large screen MMI, Navigation, HDD , memory Seats and mirrors, regenerative breaking, Start Stop and more. For me Coming from XUV 500 background the features did make sense on the BMW and since I use all of them on XUV would want to have them on my next car. Sadly most of which are missed on the AUDI.

Negatives? Well the car looks are questionable. Although the face lift does look commanding and I Liked the DRL compared to Audis DRLS some how the over all package you don't feel it looks like an SUV. The interior material quality need to be updated to match Audi.

okay so in short that's my view on the TD I had for both the vehicles.

Now Here is the bouncer :

While I was discussing I found out about the AUDI Q5 Business Edition and the price for that was just 4 L more than the Q3, what's different is I Will not have the Wood trim and the panoramic Sunroof will be missing. This Left me totally confused Should I stretch and go for Base Q5 or Make do With Top end Q3. If its the Q3 then X1 peps it out on features and is more VFM as is slightly cheaper (2L)

So what are your thought on the same? What do you think would be a better buy. Also What kind of discounts can I expect from these brands?

Cheers
Shai
Old 24th February 2014, 19:18   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post

So what are your thought on the same? What do you think would be a better buy?
Loaded with features such as memory functions for seat and push button start with 8 Speed transmission the Drive was much better than AUDI. , it was more involving and put a smile on my face.
Well you answered your question yourself. The BMW X1 would always excite you more when you drive the car. It has more features and also BMW service packages should make it relatively less expensive to maintain.
I agree with you that the AUDI Q3 looks better. But the driving pleasure of BMW X1 would make you forget the looks

I would also suggest you to have a look at the BMW 3GT and the BMW 3 series.

Quote:

Also What kind of discounts can I expect from these brands?
Although discounts vary from city to city, but you can still expect some very good discounts from both the brands. Discounts to the tune of 3-4 lakhs are easy. You can negotiate for accesories and service packages too. And in case the cars are 2013 manufactured, then you can squeeze more discounts.

Cheers!
amansanc
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 19:34   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Shai100
I recently had the opportunity to drive both the Q3 and the Q5 during an offroad event organised by Audi called the Q drive. I drove both cars for around 20 min each in offroad conditions in Aravalli hills near Gurgaon. I was thoroughly impressed by the Q5 ride quality and it is a major upgrade over the Q3. I found the Q3 extremely cramped compared to the Yeti I currently drive. The ride quality of the Q5 was miles ahead of the Q3 and also my Yeti. Even on extremely rocky trails it just glided through. I would 100% recommend the Q5 if your budgets permit. I had also went interested for the Q3 but after experiencing both I was impressed by the Q5 and will probably hang on till I can afford the Q5!
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 19:56   #269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post

So what are your thought on the same? What do you think would be a better buy. Also What kind of discounts can I expect from these brands?

Cheers
Shai
Q3 is definitely the better choice if it is going to be used on bumpy roads, etc. The X1 is a better drivers car, its pretty obvious. The Q5 business edition does miss out on a few more things than what you mentioned, do check on it. Also while you are checking the Q3 business edition, have a look at the X3 advantage edition.

BTW I would suggest you wait till March, as close to the financial year end as possible. And then 5l+ discounts should be available on all.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 22:27   #270
Senior - BHPian

Just got an email from Audi saying bookings for the Q3S are now open again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks