Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2012, 14:07   #196
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

44 Lakhs OTR !! OMG. It is unfair to compare it with the X1. Which is by far more than 10 L cheaper. For a second I was tempted on getting my hands on the Q3 but the pricing is a disaster. If I had that kind of budget I would have already been driving the C250 CDI Avantgarde or the new F30 period.
Old 20th September 2012, 02:39   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver View Post
44 Lakhs OTR !! OMG. It is unfair to compare it with the X1. Which is by far more than 10 L cheaper. For a second I was tempted on getting my hands on the Q3 but the pricing is a disaster. If I had that kind of budget I would have already been driving the C250 CDI Avantgarde or the new F30 period.
Ya and it is not that well equipped also. The list is endless.
1. No paddle shifts even in the High variant.
2. No Bose surround speakers. They don't give you as a package also.
3. No Rear View camera.
4. No arm rest in the back seat.
5. You cannot select different shades for leather seats.

I am going to wait till they make the Q3 more feature packed and give package options to customers like the A4 and A6.
mod_to_odd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 03:52   #198
BHPian

Audi thinks the Q3 is a car people are going to buy based on its Exclusiveness and styling. I think they forgot they are wrong because in India people want value for money. Yeah some people pay for the badge and bragging rights of owning a premium car, but in this industry these days companies are becoming more and more competitive with features and pricing and because of that the consumers aka the customers are also becoming more smarter as they shop around.
Old 2nd October 2012, 12:29   #199
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Vermillion Red BMW 320D + Snaps & Review of friends Audi Q3 after a long drive

Did a Tirupati trip in my friends brand new Audi Q3 this weekend. He took delivery of the vehicle on Thursday night in Mumbai, drove down to Bangalore on Friday and we set off to Tirupati on Saturday. It’s such a cool machine, my better half who hates SUV’s for its wobbling fell in love with it. I felt this would have been a perfect fit for my requirement of mix of highways and forest roads (and no worries of an RFT).

Black is stunning

Audi Q3 : Official Review-imag0289.jpg

My observation after driving it close it close to 500 kms is below

Plus

• GC, don’t have to worry about potholes and bad roads is a big advantage. That’s something I miss badly in my beemer, Tried it on a very bad stretch in Bangalore where there is literally no road and huge craters, it is much more than a soft roader.
  • Excellent Riding comfort, Both front and back seat passengers are equally comfortable. No Body roll in an SUV amazingly, even X6 has it. It can match a luxury sedan on this front
  • Sound insulation is superb, nothing filters in to the cabin. Engine is not very silent outside, but not as noisy as beemer
  • All wheel drives gives you the grip and confidence to hit the corners at 3 fig speed with ease. Something you don’t generally feel confident in doing in a car with high Center of Gravity
  • Smooth acceleration, linear acceleration curve of Audi feels different from the sudden torque delivery of Beemer. It can hit the 3 fig mark in no time. Didn’t strain the engine beyond 3K RPM mark since the vehicle is yet to run 2K kms. It was cruising above 160 mark at 25K RPM, but kept a light foot always to keep the RPM low
  • Handbrake, took some time to get used to pulling a button to engage and pushing it to release the handbrake, felt it as a good refinement for a premium vehicle
  • Sufficient leg space and boot space, back seats was comfortable for 2 adults and 2 kids
  • Masculine looks, true head turner
  • Interiors looks very premium
  • Audi infotainment system is good
  • Parking sensors, has both reverse and front parking sensors and the display in the infotainment system makes parking very easy
Minus
  • I missed the sudden torque of 320D while overtaking
  • Leather seats are little hard for my liking
  • Steering wheel has a stunning look, but is not so great to touch and hold, not sure what is missing in the leather wrapped wheel
  • Wipers blades are small and does not do a great job in heavy rains
  • Small mirrors , center mirror is very small, door mirrors is just ok. My personal preference is bigger rear view mirrors
  • There is wind noise at high speeds, need to get this checked
  • No memory for seat, may be the option is there, but we could not find it
  • We didn’t play around with the Sports mode to keep RPM in control. Need to pull the auto shift stick down from drive mode to move to sports. This can be done in BMW with a tap to the left on the stick, that is definitely easier and fun to do while on the move for a quick acceleration. In Audi I felt it is meant to be more to engage this mode and keep driving in it unlike BM where you can keep toggling between the modes
  • No option of India maps on the infotainment system, big shame on Audi if they are planning to sell their cars in India
  • Smart keys has become a norm even in smaller cars, why is Audi is still sticking to the traditional huge key and chain remote control!
Overall rating is 9 on 10, a perfect luxury vehicle that suits Indian roads.

PS: Mumbai – Bangalore – Tirupati – Mumbai, it’s around 2800 kms in just 5 days after taking delivery of Q3 for my friend, he is loving it.

Here are some snaps that are taken from the phone camera, sorry about the quality

Jr. is confused whether his 320D or Q3 is better

Audi Q3 : Official Review-imag0292.jpg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-imag0288.jpg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-imag0286.jpg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-imag0291.jpg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-imag0293.jpg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-imag0294.jpg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-imag0295.jpg

Audi Q3 : Official Review-imag0296.jpg

Last edited by gadadhar : 2nd October 2012 at 12:30.
gadadhar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 03:01   #200
BHPian

Is this the cobalt blue colour? Exactly, Audi should have smart key/keyless go
access in all their cars.
Old 6th October 2012, 09:52   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod_to_odd View Post
Is this the cobalt blue colour? Exactly, Audi should have smart key/keyless go
access in all their cars.
It's the 1st Black delivered in Mumbai...
Old 15th January 2013, 19:09   #202
BHPian

Re: My Vermillion Red BMW 320D + Snaps & Review of friends Audi Q3 after a long drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Did a Tirupati trip in my friends brand new Audi Q3 this weekend.
My observation after driving it close to 500 kms is below
You had a good drive there. And your observations are spot-on. Just out of curiosity, if you had the option and the resources to chose between the two, which one would you pick? (Considering the new 320d is almost the same price as the Q3 now).
Old 21st January 2013, 22:34   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
You had a good drive there. And your observations are spot-on. Just out of curiosity, if you had the option and the resources to chose between the two, which one would you pick? (Considering the new 320d is almost the same price as the Q3 now).
Tough question.. given the Indian roads + NO step in + GC, I think it will be Audi, but I will miss the punch of BM when you step on the gas
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:07   #204
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. Practicality scores and most important is the GC. Really tough question i know. But if you ask me, end of the day you have the punch. I guess there is no replacing that.
Old 13th February 2013, 16:00   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi has launched the petrol version of the Q3 in India.

Quote:
The Audi Q3 2.0 TFSIq is priced at Rs. 27.37 lakhs (ex-showroom, Maharashtra). It is powered by a 2.0-litre TFSi engine which gets Audi’s quattro all-wheel drive system as standard. Thie engine produces 211 HP of power and 300 Nm of torque between 1800-4900 RPM and is mated to a 7-speed S tronic transmission. 0 – 100 km/hr takes only 6.9 seconds for the Audi Q3′s 2.0 TFSIq version, with the top speed being 230 km/hr. This engine has been voted as the ‘International Engine of the Year’ for 5 years in a row.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/audi-q...CfyobIZthWd.99
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 08:36   #206
BHPian

So from what I've heard : The base variant of audi q3 misses the stunning led. So in that case one can purchase a light package. How true is that? Also Audi Q3 had to be produced in india 2013 onwards. Why is it still a CBU?
Old 4th June 2013, 20:44   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi Sells 1850 Q3 SUV's in India since its launch.

http://motorbash.com/audi-sells-1850...special-offer/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 14:55   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Audi Sells 1850 Q3 SUV's in India since its launch.

http://motorbash.com/audi-sells-1850...special-offer/
Did any T-BHPian make enquiries on this offer. Just doing the math on this offer makes it an (almost) 0% loan scheme- which I believe is anyway on offer in Mumbai. That IS a great offer.

However, when I enquired with the dealer in Hyderabad over telephone, he added an extra "annual bullet payment" of approx. 2.3L which brings the interest to almost 11%- which is not much different from other commercial offers from banks.

Any insight from the members here?
Old 16th June 2013, 18:57   #209
BHPian

I had received a mailer from them for the first 100 customers, 6 lacs dp and 37k emi for 84 months. On road cost.
Old 16th June 2013, 19:34   #210
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
I had received a mailer from them for the first 100 customers, 6 lacs dp and 37k emi for 84 months. On road cost.
Surely this would have had an annual bullet payment?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks