Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2012, 11:16   #76
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Awesome review Anshuman. Gives a real spanking on the back to the car magazines who dish out only the positives of a car and brush aside the more important negative points which could have a bearing on the love of our car in the long run.

Do you feel that the 170mm GC will be a deal breaker for those who buy a cross-over instead of a sedan solely because of the size of speed breakers in our country?
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 11:29   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone
Awesome review Anshuman. Gives a real spanking on the back to the car magazines who dish out only the positives of a car and brush aside the more important negative points which could have a bearing on the love of our car in the long run.

Do you feel that the 170mm GC will be a deal breaker for those who buy a cross-over instead of a sedan solely because of the size of speed breakers in our country?
Like i have always mentioned, please do not judge a car's ability to negotiate speed breakers/ramps/obstacles by the paper spec value. While the Q3 has the offroading ability limited due to GC but i feel it is more than capable of handling speedbreakers of any size.
Old 22nd May 2012, 09:36   #78
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The Q3 on the contrary will definitely split the market a bit - there will certainly be some amount of consumer migration from the potential X1 buyers towards the Q3 - possibly for no other reason than greater exclusivity because this is a fresh launch.

Audi and VAG group in general has an impeccable fit and finish to their vehicles - indeed I would go so far as to say that my simple little Yeti itself is as well if not better finished on its interiors, seats etc than the BMW X1. It is very evident that the BMW X1 has really been engineered to a certain cost.

The Q3 is eminently desirable indeed. If only the Volvo boys would up their game a bit and make that XC60 more accessible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Yes initially I dont think the Q3 will make much of an impact on the X1 sales. Once the FWD version is out, I feel it could be priced cheaper than the X1 which could make an impact in head to head sales.

The facelifted X1 seems to be a tiny garnish job, just on the bumpers.

I think I will go on to say that the Q3 is a better looking vehicle compared to the X1. I havent seen the former in the flesh so im 50:50 on the looks division right now.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 18:40   #79
Senior - BHPian

Got this in email today.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120526_184008.png
Views: 3102
Size:  203.7 KB
Old 3rd June 2012, 02:13   #80

A nice and balanced review thank you. As a more that regular reader of leading car mags, i thought the visual information (Translated: photos) were detailed and super.

While I was initially excited about the Q3, an SUV for me should have oodles of space - so this goes off my wish list!

Disappointed to read the "con" regarding the inconsistent sales and service. You see similar feedback on Skoda and it is high time the group addressed this.
knganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 21:54   #81
BHPian

Booked the new Q3. Hope to get it by June end (hoping so). Sales guy says ex-showroom is 33.25. Has offered me the "Dynamic Drive" trip to Delhi sponsored by Audi.

In any case, hoping to get it real quick and double our Audi population in our stable here. The first one being the extremely beautiful Black Devil Phantom (A4)
Old 6th June 2012, 14:42   #82
Senior - BHPian

Just read this on FB. Posted by Renuka Kirpalani

"Audi Q3 launches at 26.21L for base and 31.49 L for top end - prices ex showroom Maharashtra"
Old 6th June 2012, 15:17   #83
BHPian

Audi launches Q3 at Rs 26 L

AUDI LAUNCHES THE Q3 AT Rs.26.21 lakhs!

So finally Audi has launched its competition to BMW X1.
(mods please merge if there is a similar thread,thanks )
Rameshdude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 15:21   #84
BHPian

AUDI Q3: Shocking prices!

Hormazd (of Autocar fame)has just tweeted that Audi Q3 2.0 TDi is 26.21 lakh for base model & 31.49 for top end model. Petrol Q3 coming later. (Both ex-showroom i guess)

If true (he normally is), i think thats a good value proposition considering it is rawther closely priced to A4 (its more than BMW X1 but then even the base model Q3 is supposed to be loaded). Also to consider the fact that govt has increased inport tax, excise duty etc but yet Audi has still given us a nice suprise. Also knowing how us indians are all SUV crazy, this is going to rock the market.

Siddharth Vinay patankar (of CNB fame) has tweeted that most of Audi dealers have confirmed that thier allotments of Q3 is already sold-off even before prices were announced.

Audi has been shocking us with tremendous & VFM pricing! Do you think Audi is gona beat BMW & emerge as the top Luxury car maker for the year?

MODS: I searched but cound not find any threads on this. please merge if it exists.

Last edited by urajkumar : 6th June 2012 at 15:25.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 15:24   #85
BANNED

Re: Audi launches Q3 at Rs 26 L

This, by far, could be the single-most important ticket for the Bangle to take on the might of BMW and emerge as the top grosser (in volumes) amongst the 'holy trinity'

The baby Q has many things going for it - least of which will be the status that comes in abundence with it. The engine, the silhoutte, the 'me-too' scaping with the Q5, the well appointed interiors will be the main attractions for the car. Coming from the lineage of Audi, am sure, the handling will be tight around corners at 120+ too.

What can, however, plague it will be the constricted access to the rear seats. But one doesn't that in its closest competitor - X1 either. Any Audi, priced around 30L will no doubt get the 'aam janta' into the showroom. Only a few months down the line, we will gather how much it could shoot the numbers in the sales figure.

Any news on the variants and expected delivery timelines?
Old 6th June 2012, 15:51   #86
Senior - BHPian

Killer pricing! Thats the price of a diesel! And seems only 500 cars available as of now!
Old 6th June 2012, 16:08   #87
BHPian

yes and only 2 variants - base and higher end. Also, most of the 500 cars being imported as CBU have already been booked according to news reports.
Old 6th June 2012, 16:12   #88
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if the pricing is something I'm particularly thrilled about. The version tested by TBHP is the higher grade version and that will be closer to 35L on road. Even the Sunroof isn't standard
Old 6th June 2012, 17:00   #89
Senior - BHPian

I guess the poll was added recently. I have voted for BMW, as they are also gearing up for the release of the new 3 series. Audi is releasing the Q3 after almost half the year has passed by. Hence I think the BMW group will be winning over Audi in this year.
Old 6th June 2012, 17:31   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I don't know if the pricing is something I'm particularly thrilled about. The version tested by TBHP is the higher grade version and that will be closer to 35L on road. Even the Sunroof isn't standard
But that Panoramic Sunroof can be ordered even in the base model.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks