Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 15:29   #181
BANNED

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Now the game-changing Xover duel has gotten interesting.

According to the report in the below link, Mercedes has woken up from their deep slumber and are mulling a counterpart for their rivals' Q3 & X1. But i wonder, by the time they design, develop and produce the vehicle, both these cars will be in their 3rd & 2nd avatars respectively. Surely a plot missed by Merc here.

Link: Indian Car Bikes
Old 24th August 2012, 08:53   #182
BHPian

guys! Can any one here help with the Q3's on road Delhi price as my F-I-L is planning to buy one.
Old 29th August 2012, 17:45   #183
BHPian

Anshuman, you said the "paddle shifters are available as an option". But when I called Audi Mumbai West to confirm about this they said its not there even as an option.
The Q3 will be my first premium SUV and I like Audi because they make cool looking cars and have fabulous interiors. But due to the lack of paddle shifters it just spoils my mood and to add to the disappointment this car does not even have the Audi Drive Select as an option.
Now my question is, when can we expect the Q3 to have the paddle shifters??? I want a car that looks good, is not exorbitantly expensive and which puts a smile on my face when i drive it. Please suggest me if I should wait.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th September 2012 at 09:07. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
mod_to_odd is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th August 2012, 16:46   #184
BHPian

Ok please shed some light to my query above and the one i am posting now. On the Audi India website it says the Bose system is there and even when watching video reviews on YouTube reviewed by Autocar India and Overdrive they too say the bose system is there as an option.
I am disappointed in 3 areas where i never imagined i would be so let down by Audi.

I just came from the Audi Mumbai west showroom. I had gone to check out the Q3 bcoz i intend to buy one.

1) A 43 lakh car does not have a keyless go feature. SHOCKER .
This is a very neat feature which comes standard in many cars these days. And eliminating it from this car is stupidity.

2) Now, where is that Bose Speaker system which is shown in the official Audi India Web Site and reviewers like Autocar India and Overdrive have been talking about?????? Again NOT THERE.

3) I read at many Indian sites that Paddle Shifters will be there as an option too. NOT THERE.

Disappointment after disappointment. How can i convince my self to buy such a car which does not even have such features as an option. Many would say it would bring the cost up but come on guys, they should at least have this in their packages and let the customer decide what they want and what they dont. This is just lame.
Old 1st September 2012, 17:46   #185
BHPian

Is it a 43 lakh car? I ask this because I am planning to buy one in next 2-3 months. On carwale , on road price was shown to be 32lakh for base model and 38 lakh for higher version. Also nothing really is mentioned about what really is the difference between these two versions except airbags.

I am yet to visit Audi Showroom though!
Old 2nd September 2012, 03:14   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khadoos baby View Post
Is it a 43 lakh car? I ask this because I am planning to buy one in next 2-3 months. On carwale , on road price was shown to be 32lakh for base model and 38 lakh for higher version. Also nothing really is mentioned about what really is the difference between these two versions except airbags.

I am yet to visit Audi Showroom though!
You will be just as disappointed as I was when I discovered that it was missing some of the basic of features and if you see their official Indian site of the Q3, the higher variant should have come with rear camera and a Bose speaker system. To my amazement it does not. Its all false information. And as if this wasnt enough to add the disappointment, the lack of a Keyless Go function was the deal breaker for me.

For now Q3 is coming as CBU (completely Built Unit) so 44 lakh is the price that I got for the high variant. This price is for on road Mumbai. And if I am not wrong the base model isn't available yet. Difference between the two is that high comes with xenon plus lights, sun roof, parking assist and a few other tech thrown in.

In international countries the Q3 comes as a better package which also includes the Audi Drive Select, Paddle Shifts, Rear Camera, Keyless Entry, colour choices for leather seats and the Bose speaker system. I don't know why Audi India decided not to have any of these even as an optional package for the Q3. I will play the waiting game till they get something worth it. People like my self who buy a new car after almost a decade will surely think twice before taking the plunge.

Last edited by mod_to_odd : 2nd September 2012 at 03:17.
Old 2nd September 2012, 16:29   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod_to_odd View Post
You will be just as disappointed as I was when I discovered that it was missing some of the basic of features and if you see their official Indian site of the Q3, the higher variant should have come with rear camera and a Bose speaker system. To my amazement it does not. Its all false information. And as if this wasnt enough to add the disappointment, the lack of a Keyless Go function was the deal breaker for me.

For now Q3 is coming as CBU (completely Built Unit) so 44 lakh is the price that I got for the high variant. This price is for on road Mumbai. And if I am not wrong the base model isn't available yet. Difference between the two is that high comes with xenon plus lights, sun roof, parking assist and a few other tech thrown in.

In international countries the Q3 comes as a better package which also includes the Audi Drive Select, Paddle Shifts, Rear Camera, Keyless Entry, colour choices for leather seats and the Bose speaker system. I don't know why Audi India decided not to have any of these even as an optional package for the Q3. I will play the waiting game till they get something worth it. People like my self who buy a new car after almost a decade will surely think twice before taking the plunge.
Are they really serious about selling Q3? This price is quite close to Q5.Moreover with the current discount available on Q5 as mentioned elsewhere on forum , its weird isnt it.

Whats the logic behind not giving basic stuff like parking assist in the base version.It cant be worth difference of 8 lakhs? Surely someone who wants to buy 30L+ car should deserve more than this.

AUDI SHOWROOM experience was as disappointing(even without entering one)

Last weekend had visited Vashi Raghuleela mall to watch movie and found out that it has Audi showroom. But strangely they dont have any entrance from inside the mall and one has to go all the way on the outside ( a circle easily of about 300m or so) to get into the showroom. Though there is a entrance door from the mall which is only opened for employees.

I saw this Audi employee standing 10 paces from the entrance from inside the mall( I recognised from his uniform) and asked him whether he has Q3 on display and that I would love to have a look at it.

The Conversation:
Me: Hi, are you an employee from this Audi? I have a query?

GUY: YAAAAH!

Me: Can you tell me if Q3 is on display?

GUY: YAAAAAAAH.... (AND HIS CELL RINGS AND HE PICKS UP AND STARTS TALKING, TAKES FEW STEPS BACK AND LEANS ON THE GLASS OF DOOR OF SHOWROOM- door from inside of showroom.

i wait patiently........ after 2-3 min... he hangs his cell.
In the mean time, I see few guys opened the mall door to Audi showroom and went in ..

Me: Buddy, If you have Q3 on display, can you let us in through this mall door as I really dont want my father to walk all the way out side the mall , make a 3/4th round of mall and go by external door.Its raining too.

GUY: NO... That is not possible.

Me: So I ll have to go from outside only ?

GUY: EXACTLY! with a rude face... and turns his back to me..and starts fiddling again with his cell

I walk off!

conversation ends....

I do agree that they have to abide by the rules, but atleast can be pleasant in conversation. I didnt expect "SIR- SIR" from him but he treated me as if I cant afford to check a display Q3 , Leave alone buying one!

They lost one buyer for sure!

Note from Mod : Please DO NOT type like.......and use capitals as it will be an eye-sore for reading the post. Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th September 2012 at 09:56.
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:19   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Are they really serious about selling Q3? This price is quite close to Q5.Moreover with the current discount available on Q5 as mentioned elsewhere on forum , its weird isnt it.

Whats the logic behind not giving basic stuff like parking assist in the base version.It cant be worth difference of 8 lakhs? Surely someone who wants to buy 30L+ car should deserve more than this.

LOL. It is really sad if that's how they treat customers. I would have taken the pain to go from the outside and made sure he doesn't do that again to any other person. Anyways I called up Audi Mumbai today and told them that the least they can do for me is to consider the price bcoz as a customer I was majorly upset finding out they don't give the Bose System and neither the Rear View camera in the High version even though it's clearly specified on Audi India site.
They said its not possible. Believe me, I wrote an email to Audi describing my frustration. THis is what i wrote.

Hello Mr (Employee). It was a pleasure for me and my uncle to meet you and your colleagues yesterday at the Audi Mumbai West showroom. We were really happy and pleased with your assistance in giving us all the details on the Q3.

I am writing this email as a customer with the aim of enlightening a few important things to the various senior people who handle sales, marketing, and who import Audi cars in India. This is not a complain letter by anyway its rather a feedback you can say, so that it helps people at Audi to understand the basic needs of their customers which is very important for any good company.

I do a lot of research before i buy anything be it a cell phone, an expensive watch or a big Plasma screen because it makes me confident enough to go and buy the product i believe is best in the budget i have.

For the same reason, before we buy a Car many Indian customers like my self read Indian car magazines, visit official web sites, watch video reviews posted by our very own Indian people who get cars from various car companies to test and review them. All these things aid customers to buy cars according to their budget and practicality and then we decide on what we want, and what we don't. They are the only initial source for customers that give all the information about the vehicle they want to purchase.

Yesterday when i came to your showroom, i was pretty excited bcoz i knew which car i wanted to buy. It was the Q3. For this car being the High Variant model in its segment, I had made a list of some basic and essential equipment in my diary and among them, 7 were the deciding factors.

1) Paddle Shifts.
2) Bose speaker system and..
3) Rear View Camera parking system which is also mentioned clearly in the official Audi India site and the Q3 special site.
http://www.audi.in/sea/brand/in/mode...equipment.html
http://www.audi-q3.in/config.html

4) Leather colour options apart from Black and Beige.
5) Audi drive Select
6) Start Stop button
7) Keyless entry.

Now 44 lakhs is a huge amount and even if i put a rock on my heart and forgive this car for not having the paddle shifts, leather colour options, Audi Drive Select, the Start & Stop Button and Rear View camera, i at least expect the Q3 to have the Bose speaker system as advertised on your official Audi Indian web site, and the keyless entry where i just got to have my car keys in the pocket and the doors would unlock and lock by placing my thumb on the door handles.
How can a car costing 44 lakhs not have such a simple and commonly used feature like the "Keyless entry"????
Several cars these days and even the ones costing between 9-25 lakhs like the Honda city, civic, CRV, Mitsubishi Outlander, Hyundai i20 etc all have paddle shifts, keyless entry with other interesting technology. Eliminating all the above mentioned equipment list makes the Q3 less desirable and calling this particular model as the higher Variant just does not fit in.

My point is, why hasn't Audi provided all the above mentioned features even in their optional packages????
Keeping the cost low of a vehicle is understood but at least let the customers decide if they want certain packages or not.
On the other hand, The Audi Indian web site is very misleading which shows false information to people about their car equipment. Please visit the Q3 Indian sites and see it for yourself. If you are not providing certain things in the Car, then your website also should not have that info.

Now you tell me, how can i convince myself to buy a car worth 44 lakh Rs which does not have the most basic features and equipment which is also shown in the Audi Indian site. The price just does not justify the kind of stuff this car has to offer. There are customers like me who buy a new car after almost a decade, and expect their new car to have some basic and optional packages rather than compromising in every area of functionality.
I hope you are getting my message what i am trying to convey from a buyers perspective. It is my request that you please forward this email to the concerned Audi people who can understand my disappointment. Since you are the only person i know having met you personally i thought of sending this email to you. May be Audi India can do something about this for the upcoming models.

I love Audi cars and this could have been my 1st premium SUV.

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd September 2012 at 15:04. Reason: DO NOT quote long posts. Secondly, Please dont use BOLD for entire post. Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 14:28   #189
BHPian

Fantastic mail. I am curious to know what they replied. Do update
Old 4th September 2012, 14:57   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic mail. I am curious to know what they replied. Do update
They have not replied to my mail yet and i doubt they will do that as they are too busy selling cars. But one of the Sales lady from Audi Pune did apologize to me for all the confusion and said she has reported my query to the concerned Audi department. What she said to me is that as of now, the Q3 comes with whatever they have and cannot be customized. May be in the future when we see the CKD versions, we could have more creature comforts.

But as an SUV its really an amazing vehicle. I sat on all the seats front and rear and the way they managed to create space in the car is remarkable. Its very comfortable and quality of everything is breath taking. The tail lights and front LED lights are one of the best looking designs my eyes have ever witnessed and are better looking than the Q5 and Q7.

You know its goes like this, the more you wait, better are your chances of getting that perfect Car you have always dreamed of having. I am still in a lot of thought process before i actually go and buy one. Because many a times it happens with people that you book a car and by the time you get the delivery it happens so that a newer model comes along in the market and shatters your excitement. That feeling of regret is the worst.
Old 15th September 2012, 23:23   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, its around 42L OTR in Pune..
Interestingly though, it was the launch of the Q3 at the supposed brilliant price tag of 32L ex showroom that I ended up looking out for a new car

On a side note, it may be just my bad experience but got a feeling that Audi's sales staff are a far cry from BMW..
The BMW sales guy was nice, polite, friendly and knowledgeable .. in short diametrically opposite to the Audi guy who was borderline rude, lacked basic knowledge of car tech and had a ruefully low IQ as the cherry on top :-P

No prizes for guessing who closed the sale
Old 17th September 2012, 01:38   #192
BHPian

Abhi182 u are correct about BMWs staff. They seem to have more knowledge and their overall approach is very welcoming. Audi isn't bad but ya, compared to BMW they need to get things right. Can any one give me email address of Mr Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India.
Old 17th September 2012, 06:55   #193
BHPian

Absolutely right, the Audi West folks in Mumbai were least interested in telling me more hen what I asked. Most incompetent as compared to Navnit BMW folks. I believe audi knows about this and that's they had a pre printed financing offer but did not bother give a brochure pack, while Navnit BMW had a pack for me, which includes brochures, comparisons, magazine article, YouTube urls . . .

Last edited by barua : 17th September 2012 at 06:58.
Old 19th September 2012, 06:40   #194
BHPian

Guys I wanted I ask if it is the right time to buy the Q3. Will Audi ever put any other features in the high variant? For example there is no Bose surround sound. But www.audi-q3.in says it has one. And even the reviewer said in this thread that paddle shifts are available as an option. Where did he get that info from? Bcoz Audi denies such a thing when asked.
Old 19th September 2012, 10:00   #195
BHPian

Audi is a mixed bag. India is bad execution. They messed up the products in terms of price & trims. They have staffed their showroom with i10 sales persons and unless you have your bit set for Audi, you probably won't buy one. But I must admit the a4 finance scheme is very attractive, wish they had a fun diesel engine, else they have to be priced at least. 20% lower
barua is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks