Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2013, 21:28   #3226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
For city use FM will work without the roof antenna. Do check for the replacement cost from Renault. You have better aftermarket antennas out there. I feel the original antenna is too long.
Will do, any brands I can look for in after mkt?Cheers
Old 2nd November 2013, 22:27   #3227
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Will do, any brands I can look for in after mkt?Cheers
The FM will work without the antenna but you will get disturbance around a bus or in basement.

Best option is to go for the OE renault one unless it is prohibitively expensive. After market there are no branded ones, only cheap chinese ones mainly fancy ones.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 22:57   #3228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Please bleed the brakes. It should be fine after that.
Many thanks ampere. I went with my uncle yesterday to Renault Panipat from where the vehicle was purchased. After the road-test, the SA himself suggested bleeding the brakes unlike the SA at Renault East Delhi who said the brakes were normal.

The braking is spot on now and the pedal no longer feels spongy. The air filter was also cleaned and the car is running much smoother now. Finally, total damage: 0 bucks
Old 3rd November 2013, 00:00   #3229
BHPian

I'll be taking delivery of my Duster pretty soon and would like to install the front and rear plastic skid plates (Silver-Satin finish) just for ornamentation purpose. Renault charges around Rs 10000 for a set, which is on the higher side. Are aftermarket alternatives available ? If so, where can I source a set from ?
Old 3rd November 2013, 00:30   #3230
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! As I also own pearl white Duster, I would strongly recommend a
3M sealant done ASAP considering the vehicle is parked in open; also, consider getting PPF done for the wheel arches. Yeah get a repeat demo done for stepney change in the least. Happy driving! Cheers
Thank you Waxeloquent! I'll be going for the underbody coating soon, so will keep in mind your suggestion as well.

Can you please share the cost of the treatments suggested by you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats !

Mandatory Updates:
- Change speakers alone. HU is pretty decent. Would recommend an Infinity Primus Components for front and co-ax for back. Increases the quality by few notches

Desirable Updates:
- Get good quality leather seats. The seating improves quite nicely compared to fabric.
- Door damping for both inner and outer linings. Gives a good thud like feel to the door. In addition marginally improves noise isolation
Thanks Ampere!

Getting the leather seats + Reverse Camera is my first priority. Will surely consider your advice when I go for the speaker upgrade!

I'll have to research a bit for the door damping process! Need to find some good, trustworthy shops!

Also, I found the front doors to close with a better THUD sound as compared to the rear doors. Is it the case normally?
Old 3rd November 2013, 09:52   #3231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Getting the leather seats + Reverse Camera is my first priority. Will surely consider your advice when I go for the speaker upgrade!
+1. I would say spend the extra money and get original leather.

Quote:
Also, I found the front doors to close with a better THUD sound as compared to the rear doors. Is it the case normally?
Did not notice that. May be possible thanks to front door being larger? (Just thinking aloud)

Last edited by ampere : 3rd November 2013 at 09:56.
Old 3rd November 2013, 10:15   #3232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The FM will work without the antenna but you will get disturbance around a bus or in basement.

Best option is to go for the OE renault one unless it is prohibitively expensive. After market there are no branded ones, only cheap chinese ones mainly fancy ones.
Yeah thanks Vid that's what I plan to do. Then FM is only for within city as the signals fade out by 25km max on highways; I guess antenna are just for radio signals and no point in spending fancy money on that. Wonder who would steal an antenna :(

Cheers
Old 5th November 2013, 09:48   #3233
BHPian

Had been on a long drive to Goa over the weekend, the AC made a loud sound and stopped working somewhere near Hubli, had to continue the rest of the journey without AC, was a very difficult situation.On reaching Goa,called the Goa service center,unfortunately they were closed for Deepawali and asked me to come on Monday. When i went on Monday they said that the AC blower was stuck and they would take a day to set it right,since I was on my way back to Bangalore, decided to fix this in Bangalore.The response in Goa Service center left a lot to be desired,their response was more like this is a common problem.Has anyone else faced this?
Old 5th November 2013, 10:39   #3234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Had been on a long drive to Goa over the weekend, the AC made a loud sound and stopped working somewhere near Hubli, had to continue the rest of the journey without AC
Did you by any chance select the outside air circulation mode?
That's when small leaves or dirt is sucked in if some has accumulated inside the plastic mesh that covers the wiper water supply tank.

I too am stuck with a similar problem, the rodent kind.
During the recent floods in kolkata, rats have climbed up through the wind shield water drainage area.
It has eaten through the wiper water spray tank wires, pipes, and plastic mesh above.
All the plastic bits had accumulated in that area got sucked in by the outside air circulation vent as I switched into that mode.

(This is the same vent through which water spills into the inside of the cabin, again when the water drainage pipes on either side gets blocked and rain water accumulates.)

The AC and fan motor are running fine but fan makes an obstruction kind of noise when switched to speed 4.
I though opted not to open the entire dashboard for this as I never use speed 4.

Werfish, my friend, you have to open the dash. Try to be present during the process and hope its not a major issue.
Make sure they fit in all locks on the dash properly or they may give irritating noise later.
Old 5th November 2013, 12:06   #3235
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah thanks Vid that's what I plan to do. Then FM is only for within city as the signals fade out by 25km max on highways; I guess antenna are just for radio signals and no point in spending fancy money on that. Wonder who would steal an antenna :(

Cheers
The decision was easy; Renault replacement antenna for Duster 110 costs Rs950... it is thread type as easy to remove the original one. Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 12:24   #3236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Did you by any chance select the outside air circulation mode?
Yes, i set it to outside air circulation mode,but then when i tried to revert it back,the knob was stuck in middle and i had to leave it at that.The AC knobs are all very tight and difficult to use.
Old 5th November 2013, 13:27   #3237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Yes, i set it to outside air circulation mode,but then when i tried to revert it back,the knob was stuck in middle and i had to leave it at that.The AC knobs are all very tight and difficult to use.
+1. Need to careful with that dial. (In fact all dials). I ensure minimum usage of the same.
Old 5th November 2013, 13:32   #3238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
110 ps owners please confirm.
There is a suction like sound coming from the engine after the engine is turned off.

Can be heard only when the bonnet is open. Ask someone to switch off the car while you standing in front of the engine.

Quick update is much appreciated.
Yes I hear it all the time. You do not have to be near the engine if its a silent night you can hear it from the driver's seat as well. I am almost sure its the turbo fan shutting down so nothing to worry.
suchit23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 13:54   #3239
BHPian

It's been 300 Kms with my new Duster and I'm loving every bit of it! The ride quality is great as expected. The engine is under the running-in period, so have to restrict myself till 2500 rpm, and generally shift at 2000 rpm.

The MID was showing a mileage of 11.2 kmpl on the first day I got the car home, but there was bumper to bumper traffic that evening and it took me 3 hours to cover 45kms! The mileage is now hovering around 14.5-14.9 kmpl, with mostly in-city driving with low-medium traffic! Don't know if that's good or bad, but surely expect it to go up by another 1-2 kmpl.

The touchscreen MediaMav system works beautifully and I have no problems connecting my phone via Bluetooth. It shows the call history, contacts, etc. I'm yet to get hold of the Navigation part, as I haven't tried it extensively yet.

I'm really eager to get the leather seats, as the fabric ones falls short in the comfort department IMO. Didn't get the time to visit shops, so tried searching online for the same, but nothing worth considering so far.

One question: I didn't get the body care package from the dealer and hence, no paint protection, underbody coating on the car yet. Should I be getting them on a high priority basis? The dealer asked me to just get the underbody coating when I give my car for the first service. Anything else that's a must for the car?

On a different note, drove my Estilo to work today after driving the Duster consecutively for 4 days, felt in a completely different world altogether!

P.S. Sorry if this is a bit OT, but this is my first Diesel car, so any tips / suggestions I should be following strictly, which might enhance the performance / economy ?

Last edited by Abh1nav : 5th November 2013 at 13:56.
Old 5th November 2013, 15:28   #3240
BHPian

Contratulations on your buy and thanks for the ride feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
One question: I didn't get the body care package from the dealer and hence, no paint protection, underbody coating on the car yet. Should I be getting them on a high priority basis? The dealer asked me to just get the underbody coating when I give my car for the first service. Anything else that's a must for the car?
I'll recommend to go for 3M paint sealant. It will give a nice gloss too.
IMO; The paint protection film (PPF) is not worth the money. It yellows with time, so totally not recommended for your white beast.
Under-body protection is not an immediate requirement. Duster has anti-rust treatment done from factory. If you still plan to do, you must do the Rubberized Coating. It has sound dampening quality.

Quote:
P.S. Sorry if this is a bit OT, but this is my first Diesel car, so any tips / suggestions I should be following strictly, which might enhance the performance / economy ?
Keep a tab on the paddles, you dont need to rev the car for power
Kitna deti hai totally depends on driving style and traffic. Your mileage figures are good. Duster gives best mileage around 2500 rpm in top gear. Not your territory yet

The car is definitely not happy below 1000rmp, I'll rather shift gears to match.

Last edited by HillMan : 5th November 2013 at 15:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks