Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2012, 11:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Quanto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

While the running board is all metal, the caps at either end are made of plastic. The elderly will need this running board (not provided on the base variant) to get in:

Thanks for the excellent review

Is that rust you see there between the running board and the body or just a prominent and unpleasant gap ?
Old 8th October 2012, 11:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Great review as usual, GTO

The proposed 4X4 would be interesting. I think the weight increase would be more than 200kg with the 2.5L engine and 2 additional differentials. But hopefully the driving dynamics would improve with more weight added at the bottom. Price already touches 7.5L for 2wd. Considering that most manufacturers would bring 4X4 for higher trim versions, price for this would come around 8.5L - may not find many takers
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Design wise its a disaster.
The only thing I like is the spare wheel mounting.

This race of "See Mom....I got a SUV!!!"...is getting ridiculous.
download2live is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Among the biggest sunglasses holders we've seen:

Many people mistook it for a fold-able DVD Screen in my Xylo. Opened with quite an expectation only to find a couple of sunglasses
Yes.. Its that big.

Cheers,
Abhijeet

Last edited by coriollis : 8th October 2012 at 12:09. Reason: Deleted a couple of unwanted words
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:20   #20
BHPian

An awesome review from TBHP as usual. I have read ACI review of Quanto and it doesnt tell you everything about the car.

TBHP review on the other hand tells you everything about the small, yet significant things that matter.

Thanks GTO!
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:27   #21
BHPian

Awesome review as usual GTO.

I had one additional question though.
How is the braking ability and ride quality as compared with the Bolero, do you think its better?
Old 8th October 2012, 12:29   #22
BHPian

Great review as always, you guys set the benchmark so high, I doubt others can even compete.

Some questions, Firstly how bad is the roll over problem, when you say scare the wits out of you on a moderate lane change, do you mean it can actually topple over if pushed a bit, that would make this car highly unsafe in my opinion, especially when you mention that taxi owners are a targeted segments. Those hell riders stop at nothing.

Secondly and this is after reading ajmat's post about crash testing, How safe would that rear be in a rear impact.

Thirdly and this is a bit puzzling to explain, what does every one mean when they say turbo lag, is it that the car will stop moving or the speed will take time to kick in, I have read wikipedia and although I understand it technically what should one be looking for to experience turbo lag. I have a Figo but that everyone says has no lag at all so can't understand. I drove the new Dzire recently but it was fine felt more refined actually, speed was available whenever I wanted. I even tried picking up from standstill in 2nd gear and it worked. Some help here please

Cheers
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:37   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Crisp review. Thanks.
Quote:
Try as we might, we couldn't figure out why this tail-gate cap comes off. Seems pointless and shouldn't have been this way in the first place:

That is to allow access to the hinge bolts for the rear door.

Don't notice an answer to the quintessential kitna deti hai question. What are the ARAI certified figures?
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Was waiting with a lot of anticipation for the official review on knowing that it would be today from the other review thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2925039

Though the vehicle characteristics are much talked about in terms of boat like handling which does not inspire a lot of confidence, the other aspect of a powerful and smooth powerplant may quell some doubts about a 3 pot. All in all a great reference guide for many potential customers. A key question is mileage with Mahindra advertising an ARAI certified mileage of 17.4 kmpl, it may be a dampner for many since the real world mileage would be much lower.

The other thing which is surprising is that many individuals are interested in this vehicle since it offers the SUV life with a entry level pricing even at the point of ignoring its odd looks and overhang. This vehicle may turn out to be a surprise winner afterall!

Last edited by girishglg : 8th October 2012 at 12:44.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:44   #25
BHPian

Great review GTO!

Small question here, the Quanto is pretty heavy for the engine configuration. Did you get a chance to drive it on the highway? If yes, did you find it underpowered?

Mahindra has offered a very practical deal at a great price. Except for the awkward rear I personally liked the Quanto!
Old 8th October 2012, 12:49   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Quanto's ARAI rating of 17.21 kpl is significantly higher than other body-on-frame UVs. For instance, the Xylo's best ARAI rating is 12.92 kpl.
[/IMG][/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Crisp review. Thanks.

That is to allow access to the hinge bolts for the rear door.

Don't notice an answer to the quintessential kitna deti hai question. What are the ARAI certified figures?
Its quite a good mileage for this paper weight with wheels.

Thanks for a AWESOME review.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 13:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

This car actually has an interesting profile.. On other thoughts, why cant suzuki launch the Jimny in india ? It is a really a good car, and is like a mountain goat in the world of big SUVs...
Old 8th October 2012, 13:14   #28
BHPian

Awesome review GTO and rated five stars as usual. The standard of Tbhp reviews are miles ahead of any that auto magazines with their "professional reporters" can offer. On one point though, will have to disagree with GTO - I feel Quanto will do really well with private buyers. Already 2 of my non-auto enthusiast friends have decided to book Quanto. Both chose it over sedans they were considering earlier. So lets wait and watch as to what the next few months bring.
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 13:33   #29
BHPian

Will this engine fit Verito in case Mahindra decides to discontinue Renault Engine?
Old 8th October 2012, 13:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

WOW, one more added to the list of "detailed" review, such reviews would help the "prospective" buyer to a great extent!

Am pretty impressed with the "interior" of Quanto, always been a fan of Xylo for its interior, i think Quanto may do some damage to Bolero sales...

Last edited by lohithrao : 8th October 2012 at 13:38.
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks