Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 09:09   #121
jp1
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Quanto : Official Review

As per indianautoblog.com, Quanto LHD is showcased in Brazil with mHawk 2.2. ltr heart generating 120 hp, 5 seater.
Source
http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/m...+Autos+blog%29
Old 27th October 2012, 13:15   #122
Senior - BHPian

went to check quanto with wifey and kids, its pretty much the same as xylo as what GTO said, just the length is been chopped, couldnt get the TD as vehicle was not available, i felt the height should have been worked upon as well rather then just chopping up the length, it would have given better planted ride then the current one, though havent driven ityet but saying taking xylo's ride quality.On that day of dusherra there were 40+ deliveries of quanto from this dealer.
Old 27th October 2012, 14:29   #123
Senior - BHPian

Haven't spotted a single QUANTO on the road in Bangalore till now, wondering if People have given up on the QUANTO and it's going the XYLO way :-(
Old 27th October 2012, 20:57   #124
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Haven't spotted a single QUANTO on the road in Bangalore till now, wondering if People have given up on the QUANTO and it's going the XYLO way :-(
Looks like there is an issue meeting delivery schedule. It is 3 weeks since I booked and at the time of booking, I was told by the dealer the vehicle can be expected in 3 weeks time. But as of now, no news on delivery and dealer as well as MnM not committing any dates. I thought the dealer is telling me stories, hence called up MnM and the guys keep telling me the sales team would contact me, but no one called so far. By the way I saw one vehicle yday delivered. Dealer claims they so far delivered around 30 vehicles.
Old 28th October 2012, 11:46   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Today morning saw deliveries happening at one of the dealers here for quanto and xuv, and also one of the neighbours brought one D6 variant yesterday evening, so here its pretty much seen on roads now.
Old 29th October 2012, 15:14   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

The Renault Sandero (crossover) should take care of the Quanto if & when launched ( in the 5-7 lakh segment )

Mahindra Quanto : Official Review-renaultsanderostepwayfront.jpg

Mahindra Quanto : Official Review-renaultsanderostepwayrear.jpg

The SANDERO may not be a 7 seater but surely is a proper 5 seater.

Where as the Quanto isnt a proper 7 seater nor a spacious 5 seater (as the middle row is cramped)
Old 7th November 2012, 09:36   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The Renault Sandero (crossover) should take care of the Quanto if & when launched ( in the 5-7 lakh segment )

The SANDERO may not be a 7 seater but surely is a proper 5 seater.

Where as the Quanto isnt a proper 7 seater nor a spacious 5 seater (as the middle row is cramped)
Renault messed up with the prices for the Duster so I don't expect them to do any better with Sandero. Duster was expected to be priced much lower than what we saw. With those kind of prices think what a 4wd version will cost

Mahindra can do better with Quanto at two levels. One, they can improve the fit and finish, improve the colors used in the interior and beef up those seats and loose that cover on the spare wheel for alloys. This will be low cost and quick solution. Two, they can reduce the height of the vehicle, cut down the weight a bit (primarily body shell, taking out last row seats will go towards a lighter suspension), provide a 4wd version with a more powerful engine and bigger, wider tyres, and take out the Xylo out of the Quanto. This will be more pricey taking it to 8.5+ side.
Old 7th November 2012, 10:03   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Renault messed up with the prices for the Duster so I don't expect them to do any better with Sandero. Duster was expected to be priced much lower than what we saw. With those kind of prices think what a 4wd version will cost

Mahindra can do better with Quanto at two levels. One, they can improve the fit and finish, improve the colors used in the interior and beef up those seats and loose that cover on the spare wheel for alloys. This will be low cost and quick solution. Two, they can reduce the height of the vehicle, cut down the weight a bit (primarily body shell, taking out last row seats will go towards a lighter suspension), provide a 4wd version with a more powerful engine and bigger, wider tyres, and take out the Xylo out of the Quanto. This will be more pricey taking it to 8.5+ side.
They did something that will be even cheaper(just 100 crores over xylo development) and they are seeing 2500+ sales in a month.

I feel that as long as we have this dreaded waiting period in our auto industry, we are still long long way from becoming mature and only then we will have real competition and in order to survive these very same manufacturers have to offer the best or perish.

Waiting for that day.
Old 8th November 2012, 14:59   #129
BHPian

Not many Quantos on the roads here in Delhi. I guess they are pushing deliveries in Tier II and III cities first, as that's where the real market for the Quanto is. It's not a bad vehicle per se, and I can quite fancy driving it alone on a long drive where one enjoys the ride height and peppy engine, without having to think of all the empty seats like in a Scorpio or Xylo. The key to its appeal is that it's 'personal' in ways that the Xylo can never be.
Old 8th November 2012, 15:10   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
True they messed up , but still they got lucky

^ Thanks to the 1st mover advantage

Which may not be there in the Sandero, so ' if ' launched the pricing will be very critical like always

Last edited by karan561 : 8th November 2012 at 15:14.
Old 8th November 2012, 20:35   #131
Senior - BHPian

What is the lead time quoted by seller for this vehicle in Bangalore?
Old 9th November 2012, 11:01   #132
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
they can improve the fit and finish
The Quanto's fit & finish is acceptable for the price. You won't complain as the rough edges aren't visible (unless you look very closely). Check one out in person and then reply to me
Old 10th November 2012, 22:59   #133
BANNED

Mahindra Quanto has an Android app in Google Play store..
Old 12th November 2012, 08:36   #134
jp1
BHPian

Finally my vehicle arrived at the dealer and I inspected on Thursday. Asper vin it is manufactured in September (J), I booked it on oct 5th, so why MnM delayed delivery? Are they hyping the demand? Yet to take delivery. Dealer claims registration delayed due to festival rush

Last edited by jp1 : 12th November 2012 at 08:50.
Old 12th November 2012, 10:36   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405
Not many Quantos on the roads here in Delhi. I guess they are pushing deliveries in Tier II and III cities first, as that's where the real market for the Quanto is. It's not a bad vehicle per se, and I can quite fancy driving it alone on a long drive where one enjoys the ride height and peppy engine, without having to think of all the empty seats like in a Scorpio or Xylo. The key to its appeal is that it's 'personal' in ways that the Xylo can never be.
True that .... my uncle is selling off his innova because he mostly drives alone and not because of the 'driver image'.he just feels weird driving all those empty seats!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks