Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2013, 21:50   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Stunning! Do you have elderly/very young passengers usually? If NOT, get rid of the footboard/sidestep!

You'll love the looks! Just visualize the last pic WITHOUT the same :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 3rd February 2013 at 21:54. Reason: Clarity
Old 3rd February 2013, 22:03   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Here's some pictures of the same.
Looks good.
Did you try or look for any "Brush" finish wheels instead of stainless steel look ?
One thing I realise now - Storme is already thrown with a lot of flashy chrome in front and rear. Your "this" wheel update covers up for the sides too Kind of matches with the headlamp housing !
I agree, its a personal choice, I would like to leave it with the stock alloys that comes brush finish.

Prem.
Old 3rd February 2013, 22:24   #558
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
TYRES Well i was very serious about the tyre thingy, had talks and suggestions flowing from all tyre walas , enthusiast friends & the sales rep at Tata motors, all told me to put nice alloys but not to upsize the tyres, the tyres are stock 235/60 r 16 Bridgestone Duelers HT, reasons
Congrats on your new vehicle. Good choice for the tyres, its best to stick to OE sizes & Duelers are certainly better than Apollos.

The vehicle is looking handsome in White. Hope Tata has managed to deliver a "niggle" free vehicle & that's my biggest concern.

What's the Warranty given with the Vehicle ? Purchased from Cargo ?
Old 4th February 2013, 14:15   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TYRES

Well i was very serious about the tyre thingy, had talks and suggestions flowing from all tyre walas , enthusiast friends & the sales rep at Tata motors, all told me to put nice alloys but not to upsize the tyres, the tyres are stock 235/60 r 16 Bridgestone Duelers HT, reasons:

1. Company may void suspension warranty-told by sales rep at tata.

2. The upsize from 235 to 255 will take some driving & maneuverability & they would come out of the car making her dirty every time- the tyrewalas friends & personal experience in my earlier 2009 dicor & 2010 innova

In addition to the above , the OEM Bridgeston 235/60 r 16 duelers are actually good tyres for noiseless, comfort runs, i was given the option of swapping them for apollo hawks 255 at no extra price but i feel its not sensible to change BS with apollos. Yes Yoko Geolanders are good but they can always be kept as replacement choice down the years.
Thanks NST. The warranty part is a big threat that looms over ones head. But I think the stock tyres look quite fine with the alloys. I presume the stock alloys are 6J and hence the 6.5J kind of stretches the stock tyres a wee bit to give that filled up wheel well look ( atleast in the rear ).

Alloys look nice. How much was the damage ? Did you go for the AMC plans ?
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 16:08   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
Hi NST440,

The beast looks gorgeous. Did you do any ICE Update?. If so kindly let us know. How is OEM ICE? Do you think is there any need for update?
One thing that i am happy about is the OEM Alpine HU- CDE 126BT, Alpines are known for the sound quality & believe me this HU is good. For a moderate listener the ICE is good.

Regarding Upgrade:

Yes i ve done the ICE upgrade but retained the OEM HU, pioneers & JVCs cannot match Alpine SQ.When it comes to Audio i am an audiophile, The upgrade i did included:

1. 2 Pairs of front & rear comps (JBL GTO)
2. Rockford fosgate 250.4 amp
3. Sony Xplod 2 Channel amp
4. Rockford fosgate P1 enclosure 2 subs
5. Planned doors damping in later stage-Dynamat

Would upload the pictures soon, sound is crisp & clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Stunning! Do you have elderly/very young passengers usually? If NOT, get rid of the footboard/sidestep!

You'll love the looks! Just visualize the last pic WITHOUT the same :-)
I know, but sometimes my mom travels alongwith so removing it wont do , thanks for the advice mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Looks good.
Did you try or look for any "Brush" finish wheels instead of stainless steel look ?
One thing I realise now - Storme is already thrown with a lot of flashy chrome in front and rear. Your "this" wheel update covers up for the sides too Kind of matches with the headlamp housing !
I agree, its a personal choice, I would like to leave it with the stock alloys that comes brush finish.

Prem.
Yup, i love the shiny bling chromes have, they go well with the vehicle. Actually here in Punjab, "If its not chrome , its not an alloy !!''

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Congrats on your new vehicle. Good choice for the tyres, its best to stick to OE sizes & Duelers are certainly better than Apollos.

The vehicle is looking handsome in White. Hope Tata has managed to deliver a "niggle" free vehicle & that's my biggest concern.

What's the Warranty given with the Vehicle ? Purchased from Cargo ?
Thanks a lot. Yes purchased from Cargo Motors, the standard warranty is 1 Lac Kms/3years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Thanks NST. The warranty part is a big threat that looms over ones head. But I think the stock tyres look quite fine with the alloys. I presume the stock alloys are 6J and hence the 6.5J kind of stretches the stock tyres a wee bit to give that filled up wheel well look ( atleast in the rear ).

Alloys look nice. How much was the damage ? Did you go for the AMC plans ?
Thank you, all have complemented the decision, there is no compromise on the ride quality with the 6.5 J which is very important.

The AMC plans were good, i was provided a brochure about the extended warranty & i can get it done in the meanwhile,check out the pic for details:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-service-book.jpg  

Old 4th February 2013, 16:33   #561
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Yes purchased from Cargo Motors, the standard warranty is 1 Lac Kms/3years.
The AMC plans were good, i was provided a brochure about the extended warranty & i can get it done in the meanwhile,check out the pic for details:
Welcome, Cargo is good at A.S.S too. Standard Warranty of 3yrs/1L kms is great. How much does the extended Warranty cost? I was wondering if one can manage a total 5yr. Warranty, it could be a headache free ownership experience.
Old 4th February 2013, 19:51   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's some pictures of the same.
Buddy, your SUV is looking good. Now that I know how it looks, I will keep an eye out for it. And will definitely stop by to say hi!
Old 5th February 2013, 09:10   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post

Buddy, your SUV is looking good. Now that I know how it looks, I will keep an eye out for it. And will definitely stop by to say hi!
Sure thing bro. Will keep a look out for you too, have a lot to learn from your dicor excursions
Old 5th February 2013, 20:41   #564
BHPian

Hey NST congrats on your ride. It looks gorgeous and I hope that you have a lovely time with it.

O.T. Just one request though. Could you quickly start your own ownership thread? No offence, but this thread should be restricted to the review of the beast and not be made into a ownership thread. Thanks!
Old 5th February 2013, 21:34   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Hey NST congrats on your ride. It looks gorgeous and I hope that you have a lovely time with it.

O.T. Just one request though. Could you quickly start your own ownership thread? No offence, but this thread should be restricted to the review of the beast and not be made into a ownership thread. Thanks!
Hey neel,

Thanks for your suggestion & complement ,ownership thread would be coming soon, i am just responding to the queries asked by fellow bhpians & i guess that is the right thing to do , after all its what is most important at Team Bhp, discussing & clarifying things.Take care.
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 15:31   #566
BHPian

Just completed my 1000 km on the strome , 1 st service done . I will put up an initial review thread this weekend . Overall an awesome experience , glad I bought the strome

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image533374616.jpg
Fortuner71 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 15:51   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

^^Firstly congrats on the Storme. Nice teaser.

Is this the mysore road concorde showroom.

OT: Saw a white storme already completely dirty as if it went into slush right after delivery.
Old 6th February 2013, 23:21   #568
BHPian

Hey Guys!
Took delivery of my UB EX on 2nd Feb.
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc_1484.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc_0001.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc_0052.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc_0070.jpg

Did a 250 km trip and was blissful
Loving my beast
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 06:42   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Hey Guys!
Congrats Vignesh.
Wish you many happy and thrilling miles.

Your beast looks awsome.
Hope to see your ownership report soon with lots of pictures.
Old 7th February 2013, 07:19   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Hey Guys!

Did a 250 km trip and was blissful
Loving my beast
Hello Vignesh,

Your Storme looks beautiful. Congratulations to you. The 2nd picture, that is the front shot really looks menacing.

Looking forward to a detailed review with additional pictures

-Shivang Gandotra

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks