Old 7th February 2013, 09:03   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Hey Guys!
Took delivery of my UB EX on 2nd Feb.

Did a 250 km trip and was blissful
Loving my beast
Congrats vignesh your beast sure looks fabulous. Lots of pictures awaited man, wishing you and your family lots of happy miles and smiles.
Old 7th February 2013, 10:30   #572
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Fantastic!!! COngrats Fortuner, NST and Vignesh have fun

Am eagerly waiting to read the ownership report.
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 00:04   #573

I would suggest a Bridgestone Duler AT or Michelin AT on the alloys...
sshastri13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 07:55   #574
BHPian

Got an SMS from Concorde Motors, Bangalore, that there is another Storme Terrapod event on 9th and 10th Feb'13 at St.Charles School Ground, Hennur Main Road, near East Railway Station, Frazer Town. Timings 9am to 8pm.
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 20:29   #575
BHPian

Test drove the Storme VX 4X2. Compared to the Safari, the braking was awesome, the handling was much better as was the engine response. As far as the looks are concerned, I always found it awesome!

In short, now I am sure of what I will drive in the coming few months!
Old 10th February 2013, 16:43   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Alloys

I asked the retailer to fit 3 different alloys all 16 inches on my storme to see which looks better, inspected them thoroughly & after thorough inspection i came to know one of them was a 7.0J & other was a 7.5J , so it made my decision simple to go for the third one , the 6.5J, it was luckily the one i liked too.

[/b]
First off, congrats on your new ride. It looks real awesome. A word of advice though.
I am a Duster owner with bling (read chrome) alloys like yours.As much as the looks are a real head turner, maintaining the same is time consuming and next to impossible. I spend 30 mins every 3 days just to keep them blings looking sparkling clean. Still, after 3 months small pits have started to appear and after 6 months rust has started to set in. It is still not glaringly visible as of now, but Iam not sure if it will last the summer.
Looks and maintenance are a personal choice, but if you still want to retain these alloys, go for some form of protection coating which some companies provide. At the very least try to get meguire alloy wheel cleaning spray from 3M. Once again cheers and enjoy your ride.
Neil Roy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 18:56   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post

First off, congrats on your new ride. It looks real awesome. A word of advice though.
I am a Duster owner with bling (read chrome) alloys like yours.As much as the looks are a real head turner, maintaining the same is time consuming and next to impossible. I spend 30 mins every 3 days just to keep them blings looking sparkling clean. Still, after 3 months small pits have started to appear and after 6 months rust has started to set in. It is still not glaringly visible as of now, but Iam not sure if it will last the summer.
Looks and maintenance are a personal choice, but if you still want to retain these alloys, go for some form of protection coating which some companies provide. At the very least try to get meguire alloy wheel cleaning spray from 3M. Once again cheers and enjoy your ride.
Thanks a lot neil for your valuable inputs. Actually I ve been using 3M on my other cars alloys too (the white rubbing compound thingy) & even on my enfields too to shine those chrome areas and indeed it works like charm. I am so fond of it that actually ive asked the seller to get me a bigger pack as small ones are just too small :-)
Old 11th February 2013, 14:02   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Congratulations to new and prospective owners of Storme.
Looking at recently launched Manza and Vista 90 I think Tata Motors now have all the parts ready in there parts bin to add climate control and 2 din touchscreen ICE to the dashboard. For me this will complete the package.
I definitely agree, Storme really lacks feature...The least they could do was...add automatic climate control.. (I remember my Baleno had it) & 2 din touch screen with navigation (considering you will use it max for long drives). Bonus would be to get the refrigerator.
Old 11th February 2013, 18:37   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Quote:
I got the ipod cable ALONG with my 2.2. Do the provide these with Storme?
The iPod/iPhone cable comes along with the stereo, but sales guy doesn't provide it to the customer as it is bit cumbersome to install. I took 2 cables from him, incase one gets faulty due to wear and tear.
Old 11th February 2013, 21:48   #580
Senior - BHPian

Test drove Storme last Sunday, have mixed reactions from whatever i saw and felt.

Its surely much better then the older Safari but its still has some distance to go i terms of giving that confidence of lasting. Engine felt responsive, did not had a chance to test brakes as the drive was for 10 mins within City limits. Later when i do more longer test drive will probably be in a better position to comment.

Overall fit and finish feels a bit more to be desired. I could see loose panels, and uneven gaps. It somehow does not inspire confidence that this would last long.

The absence of 2 din, Foot rest, or anything else is not a deal breaker for me, also did not had any problems in keeping my left foot idle. Apart from this the AC felt nice, my wife and daughter from rear seat felt it was strong enough. This was in the afternoon hence AC is surely good.
Old 12th February 2013, 13:53   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navsangeet View Post
The iPod/iPhone cable comes along with the stereo, but sales guy doesn't provide it to the customer as it is bit cumbersome to install. I took 2 cables from him, incase one gets faulty due to wear and tear.
Wear and tear yet to happen for mine ( but I keep the ipod there most of the time); after 4 plus years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Test drove Storme last Sunday, have mixed reactions from whatever i saw and felt.

Its surely much better then the older Safari but its still has some distance to go i terms of giving that confidence of lasting. Engine felt responsive, did not had a chance to test brakes as the drive was for 10 mins within City limits. Later when i do more longer test drive will probably be in a better position to comment.

Overall fit and finish feels a bit more to be desired. I could see loose panels, and uneven gaps. It somehow does not inspire confidence that this would last long.

The absence of 2 din, Foot rest, or anything else is not a deal breaker for me, also did not had any problems in keeping my left foot idle. Apart from this the AC felt nice, my wife and daughter from rear seat felt it was strong enough. This was in the afternoon hence AC is surely good.
Just rode one, the LX version.
  • Got to say that even LX interior look good than I thought
  • Clutch is soft! Damn soft
  • Auto lock of doors works well
  • Awesome brakes! No drama on hard braking.
  • Yes, its more silent inside the cabin.
  • Even LX gets the bluetooth HU!
  • LX costs 11.26 OTR !!! VX 4x4 15.96 OTR!
Interiors looks better built.

When I bought the EX, it was 9.45 lac OTR 5 years ago!
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 21:28   #582
BHPian

Hello fellow bhpians. I currently own Indica Vista and am considering to buy Storme. I have taken two long test drives (both on VX 4x2). Things are reassuring and though I was driving a SUV for the first time, I never felt the bulk or the size of the vehicle intimidating. The only thing which I did not like was the vibrations in the gear lever. Is that a normal thing in Storme. In my vista, there is no vibration at all at any RPM or at any speed. Could someone shine some more light on the same. Thanks in advance.
Old 14th February 2013, 14:04   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymant View Post
Hello fellow bhpians. I currently own Indica Vista and am considering to buy Storme. I have taken two long test drives (both on VX 4x2). Things are reassuring and though I was driving a SUV for the first time, I never felt the bulk or the size of the vehicle intimidating. The only thing which I did not like was the vibrations in the gear lever. Is that a normal thing in Storme. In my vista, there is no vibration at all at any RPM or at any speed. Could someone shine some more light on the same. Thanks in advance.
Maybe it's the test drive vehicle , vibrations if any are very minimal .
Old 14th February 2013, 15:12   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Maybe it's the test drive vehicle , vibrations if any are very minimal .
Thanks for the response. However, the two vehicles which I drove were not the demo vehicle. So probably that much of vibrations are acceptable in Storme.
Old 14th February 2013, 16:55   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymant View Post
Thanks for the response. However, the two vehicles which I drove were not the demo vehicle. So probably that much of vibrations are acceptable in Storme.

You are correct - the vibrations are quite high especially if you are upgrading from a car. But I guess people who are used to an old school SUV will find it better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks