Can somebody confirm if supplied Audio system with Storme support bluetooth
Yes. Pairing is very easy & works fine.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 21:06   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Yes. Pairing is very easy & works fine.
It supports calls only.. You cannot stream songs via Bluetooth.
CharlesA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 21:10   #1323
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
You are correct. Audio will need A2DP, which your BT device must have.

sorry - a lil sleepy after an early start to the day
Old 29th July 2013, 08:26   #1324
BANNED

Hello everyone,

I took a pretty detailed test drive of the Storme Vx 2WD yesterday and felt that the steering of the 2WD is significantly lighter than that of the 4WD, at all speeds.

Does someone here echo my feelings? If yes, what could be the reason for it?
Old 29th July 2013, 09:54   #1325
Senior - BHPian

I have TDed both 4WD and 2WD, more than 5 times in last 4 weeks. I feel steering anyway is really tight as compare to my SX4 and needs some effort, but between 4WD and 2WD, I did felt 2WD little lighter, not sure why.

Unfortunately all the TD cars were different and they had different feel to every dynamics of the car.

I TDed one 2WD yesterday and the clutch was pain, while it was butter smooth on previous TD car

Quote:
Is there a mic some where in the cabin of voice is picked up by phone itself?

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th July 2013 at 11:28. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post. Thanks.
Old 29th July 2013, 10:05   #1326
Distinguished - BHPian

The mike is near the roof-mount lamps - a small circular thing with perforations.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 11:41   #1327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I have TDed both 4WD and 2WD, more than 5 times in last 4 weeks. I feel steering anyway is really tight as compare to my SX4 and needs some effort, but between 4WD and 2WD, I did felt 2WD little lighter, not sure why.

Unfortunately all the TD cars were different and they had different feel to every dynamics of the car.

I TDed one 2WD yesterday and the clutch was pain, while it was butter smooth on previous TD car

Hydraulic clutches are extremely sensitive to abuse. So if a car is not driven properly, you will find clutch getting hard. Speaking of 2WD vs 4WD, 4WD steering is harder due to additional weight up front. That said, for a vehicle of this class, steering is fine, just takes a little bit used to it. Compared to the old safari, this one is a class apart.
tsk1979 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 12:06   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In newer versions of Safari ( after 2009) with aluminium clutch master-slave cylinders pain is lot less then what it used to be there earlier so in storme is should be even better.

I used to bother about my Safari clutch hardness a lot whereas A.S.S used to say it is fine , Recently I drove a 40000KM Innova and clutch feel was similar so now my expectations are realigned.

I have done 52K so may be it will last till 65K but I am not going to change it till I notice either a slippage or juddering.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 13:14   #1329
BHPian

Quote:

Bharat, the music system is not up to mark. I had a figo earlier, so did not expect it to be this bad. MIDs and lows are non existent. Need to increase the bass to Max for decent sound. There is a PDF manual uploaded in one of the earlier posts. Am planning to add an amp and check if there is improvement. Coming from the figo.
Old 29th July 2013, 14:11   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bharat, the music system is not up to mark. I had a figo earlier, so did not expect it to be this bad. MIDs and lows are non existent. Need to increase the bass to Max for decent sound. There is a PDF manual uploaded in one of the earlier posts. Am planning to add an amp and check if there is improvement. Coming from the figo.
I tried that first. The sound from the lower front speakers starts cracking big time. I find 6 to 7 level best.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 14:25   #1331
Senior - BHPian

BTW anybody installed gear lock in storme, as per dealer, its not possible, but the SA told me, can be done from outside.

On the explorer edition kit. I like the Decal (Front and side) and nudge gaurd. Still thinking on 2Din stuff, little odd in placement.

I will check all that Explorer Edition gimmick today at Concorde, Delhi.

BTW I loved the Push Button Stop/Start installed on the TD Storme, works perfect, but its an after market

Last edited by rkbharat : 29th July 2013 at 14:44.
Old 29th July 2013, 14:51   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
BTW anybody installed gear lock in storme, as per dealer, its not possible, but the SA told me, can be done from outside.

On the explorer edition kit. I like the Decal (Front and side) and nudge gaurd. Still thinking on 2Din stuff, little odd in placement.

BTW I loved the Push Button Stop/Start installed on the TD Storme, works perfect, but its an after market
Bharat, please do check update on the quality of the Art Leather seats on the Explorer Edition Kit.
Old 29th July 2013, 15:41   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bharat, please do check update on the quality of the Art Leather seats on the Explorer Edition Kit.
Seat covers with VX is much better than Explorer edition kit. Confirmed by the SA.
Old 29th July 2013, 16:05   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seat covers with VX is much better than Explorer edition kit. Confirmed by the SA.
The faux leather covers offered by Tata Motors as part of the authorized genuine accessories for the Storme are not very nice looking or feeling either.

I'll most probably be going in for Autoform Feather Touch ones made to order for the Storme. Nutmeg shade (a little lighter than the photo below - should go well on a black car). Has a nice soft luxurious feel, and a natural looking grain as well.

Name:  carseatzoom5.jpg
Views: 5299
Size:  43.9 KB

The black Autoform covers from MGA in my Baleno have held up beautifully over 8 years. No loss of shape or opening of stitching or fraying. And never feel hot or sweaty. So better to pay a little more and go for something tried and tested.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 13:31   #1335
BHPian

Quote:

I got my Gear Lock installed at the dealer on the day of the purchase; it carries the same one that they fit into the safari so don't know why the SA is replying in the negative! I got mine from Concorde motors.
Rahul
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks