Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 18:05   #1471
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Is there a speed or rpm limiter in the Storme? If yes, when does it kick in?
Old 21st August 2013, 18:09   #1472
Distinguished - BHPian

It's pretty high - speeds you would not be normally doing
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 19:00   #1473
BHPian

Hi
has anyone tried after market Automatic climate control for storme or any other car? just came across one such product in one of the online stores
Old 22nd August 2013, 22:50   #1474
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L technical/Other problems/solutions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Tata Storme.
@Navpreet, would you know how does the Storme behave in the mountains ? Is there sufficient power ?
Old 23rd August 2013, 06:51   #1475
Senior - BHPian

As is the case with most turbo charged vehicles, it does need to be spooled up for more power. The thing in mountains is that we mostly drive in 2nd or 3rd gear. So the turbo is spooled up most of the time and power gets through. You will need to shift between 2nd and 3rd and even to 1st for the occasional hairpin bend. That's how we drive and that's how we expect a vehicle to be driven in the Himalayas. Its the case with all vehicles. I actually don't find anything surprising here. You cannot compare it to something like a NA 3 liter sumo or a bolero. Those are tuned for mountains. And have a serious handicap on the highways.

On the sufficient power thing, yes it has more than sufficient power for any leh, spiti or zanskar trip. One just needs to juggle it through the gearbox.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 23rd August 2013 at 06:53.
navpreet318 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:18   #1476
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Safari Storme Explorer Edition launched at Rs 10.86 lakh.(ex- Delhi)

It comes with a host of additional features over the regular Safari Storme.

This includes a front nudge guard, decals, chrome garnish for the projector headlamps and tail-lamps, and ‘Explorer Edition’ door visors.

On the inside, a 2-DIN touchscreen infotainment system with hands-free ability and phonebook operations, reverse parking assist, a navigation device and faux leather seat covers.

Optional extras include a cycle carrier, cargo basket and a roof-mounted canopy.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/354...1086-lakh.aspx
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:44   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
As is the case with most turbo charged vehicles, it does need to be spooled up for more power. The thing in mountains is that we mostly drive in 2nd or 3rd gear. So the turbo is spooled up most of the time and power gets through. You will need to shift between 2nd and 3rd and even to 1st for the occasional hairpin bend. That's how we drive and that's how we expect a vehicle to be driven in the Himalayas. Its the case with all vehicles. I actually don't find anything surprising here. You cannot compare it to something like a NA 3 liter sumo or a bolero. Those are tuned for mountains. And have a serious handicap on the highways.

On the sufficient power thing, yes it has more than sufficient power for any leh, spiti or zanskar trip. One just needs to juggle it through the gearbox.
Yes , i agree it has more than sufficient power for any leh type of trip but if you look at XUV's driveability as well as highway cruising qualities this is where the 6 speed box is doing wonders . However Storme too has it's own advantages over the XUV. I know that i am not comparing an apple to an apple but just pointing out to 6 speed box's advantages.
(are you reading this TATA?????)
Old 23rd August 2013, 18:17   #1478
BHPian

The explorer edition accessory list is updated on the storme site.
The rear parking camera output is on the HU; neat. This should be provided as standard on the Storme instead of the Alpine HU.
Old 24th August 2013, 16:36   #1479
BHPian

Explorer kit contains many things which are good to have when one want to explore new places but one thing TML is not offering is 4X4 option with LX and EX variants of Safari, one has to really pay for all other luxuries to get 4X4 option for Rs. 15 Lacs approx.

Where as many customers (including me) want 4X4 option but don't want to pay more (or due to budget problems) keep themselves away from real off-road experience.

TML, if you are listening, start offering 4X4 as option with all variants of Safari.
SaurabhSaran is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 18:13   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Its a Micromax canvas
Well the device error part seems to be an unfixed bug , If you are interested in finding a fix may be we can take it on some other thread, it is not worth an attempt if you are not a developer.
However I am sure someone might have found and applied a fix on some custom image so may be you can find it out on XDA or some other forum.
Old 29th August 2013, 15:40   #1481
BHPian

Got back from an 800km long drive recently. The Storme behaved impecably. Left Bangalore and right from Koramangala till Adayar drove through torrential rain one way in the evening. Thank god for a big car, felt perfectly safe and visibility was brilliant. Stress tested the wiper to the hilt and it worked pretty well i must say. However, the wheels did manage to skid on some watery patches, but then i was at a high speed, so pardonable. The vehicle is a true mile cruncher and does not get tired.
Sent it for 1st free service at 1800km. SA told me that was fine. Tks to the washing resource, 1 wiper was bent and am changing it. Seats a bit squeaky and that will be fixed
Going to Karlson to get steering grips done and later the speakers. Another road trip round the corner. Need to figure out how to play the ipod with the coaxial cable. Any clues on selection of genre or playlist would be helpful
cheers
subraiyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 09:59   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I got a word that Tata is thinking about an LX 4x4 due to inquiries. Currently, they are trying to figure out if there is enough demand. If there is, the LX 4x4 may be sold in the next 3-4 months.
So maybe, if enough people want it, Tata will make the LX 4x4
Black cladding would be nice and would pay for the alloy wheel upgrade over the regular storme.
Thanks for the information tsk. If it is indeed the case, since TML closely follows opinions/feedback posted on this forum, an additional vote from my side. It would indeed be great to provide ABS and Airbags at least as an option on Lx.

As mentioned on this forum very frequently, one of the interesting ways to grab attention and confidence of a prospective buyer could be to provide features as on option. It's great to have customizations on your toy and lends an aura of uniqueness. Off course, maintaining quality levels would be the basic requirement.

Was just wondering, since Safari/Storme generates so much buzz all the time on this forum and it is a beast that has so much love/hate relationship with all owners, it could be a nice idea if someone conducted a poll to check the pulse of this forum to provide customized vehicles from any brand and just not from Tata Motors.

After all, Team-BHP has been so influential in Indian Automotive scenario in the past decade. The interest I'm sure has been so huge that it could also influence all manufacturers to provide ABS and Airbags as basic offerings on an entry model. This need has been the voice of this forum after all.

Warm Regards,
Andy
ayadalam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 19:34   #1483

The Storme is my 4th Safari and I've done many Bombay-Bangalore-bombay trips in the old Safari and all of them, though extremely comfortable always left me with a feeling of "this vehicle could be so much more than just this"... Till three days ago when I came back, once again from Bangalore after the first long journey in my brand new Storme.
For the first time ever, as I drove back into Bombay I felt like jumping with joy. I mean, this thing really is a beast. It chewed through the 2000 Kms (approximate) with such maturity like I've never seen in the Safari before. Everything and I mean EVERY THING was brilliant. The drive, the handling, the 4x4 switch everything and every now and then I had to keep reminding myself that this really was a TATA.
So, finally I truly believe that TATA has got it right... Bang on target. Way to go!!!
arjunmenon is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 20:41   #1484
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunmenon View Post
So, finally I truly believe that TATA has got it right... Bang on target. Way to go!!!
Owners like you M-U-S-T put up detailed travelogues about your experiences with the vehicle for the benefit of all.

The biggest challenge for TML is to change their perception and it is ONLY happy owners like you who can do it....
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 09:18   #1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Owners like you M-U-S-T put up detailed travelogues about your experiences with the vehicle for the benefit of all.

The biggest challenge for TML is to change their perception and it is ONLY happy owners like you who can do it....
I agree with you Devdath. If Storme owners were to put up detailed travelogues and share their experiences of riding the beast, it would be a good boost to Storme, a vehicle I truly admire and have plans to own it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks