Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 11:25   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
Could you please let me the location and contact details of Madhu. I would like to do wheel balancing for my Storme
Please refer this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

They have another facility on JC road as well. It is owned by a BHPian
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 14:15   #1577
BHPian

Dear friends,
For quite some time I've been searching for a SUV suitable for my requirements and after test-driving Storme 3 times, I find it's the only one that impressed me with its ride & poise, my wife with its looks, and my 7-year old son with its power (yes! he has a hobby of comparing BHP figures in all car ads!).
I find Lx fit for my needs but considering Ex also, only attraction for me being height adjustable seat. As I'm 5' 8'' and my wife is 5' 1'', I want to know whether we really need this feature (couldn't find an LX for TD so far)? Also, I need guidance on which AMC package to go for as my usage is limited (< 10000 km/year). Can somebody throw some light on the performance of Explorer kit 2-din system and reversing camera also ?
P.S. - This is my first post, so please excuse the errors (if any). I'd also like to thank each and every member of Team-bhp for sharing their experiences, which make decision making process much easier.
Old 13th September 2013, 14:58   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
Dear friends,

I find Lx fit for my needs but considering Ex also, only attraction for me being height adjustable seat. As I'm 5' 8'' and my wife is 5' 1'', I want to know whether we really need this feature (couldn't find an LX for TD so far)? Also, I need guidance on which AMC package to go for as my usage is limited (< 10000 km/year). Can somebody throw some light on the performance of Explorer kit 2-din system and reversing camera also ?
P.S. - This is my first post, so please excuse the errors (if any). I'd also like to thank each and every member of Team-bhp for sharing their experiences, which make decision making process much easier.
Welcome to TBHP.

I think that you would need the rear AC unit during summer. The seat height adjustment would help too.
Also I think the EX get engine immobilizer and sort which is worth the extra money.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 15:06   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Also I think the EX get engine immobilizer and sort which is worth the extra money.
The LX has engine immobilizer too:

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme.jpg

EDIT: The immobilizer line is hidden by the Team-BHP watermark!

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 13th September 2013 at 15:08.
Old 13th September 2013, 18:08   #1580
Distinguished - BHPian

@YGarg,
Check the LX seating - see if it is comfortable, or if the seat position feels better in the EX (after adjustment). For the seating position alone, I think it will be fine.

More than the seating adjustment, I feel the ones that more important (IMO) :
1. Fog lamps - esp front
2. Rear Wash-wipe.
3. Roof A/c for summer - esp if you will have people in the 2nd row.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 19:55   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I find Lx fit for my needs but considering Ex also, only attraction for me being height adjustable seat. As I'm 5' 8'' and my wife is 5' 1'', I want to know whether we really need this feature (couldn't find an LX for TD so far)? Also, I need guidance on which AMC package to go for as my usage is limited (< 10000 km/year).
Am same height as urs, Lx is perfectly ok. When you tried the Ex, what position did you keep the steering adjustment at ? Most likely the topmost.

I'm from Chennai - so don't miss the rear wiper or fog lamps, despite Chennai heat, don't miss the rear ac. Maybe required if you fill up the 3 rows with people.

Only item I thought I might miss was the arm rest. Have been driving the Lx for 4k kms now and am doing fine without the armrest. Go for the Lx and save the money for some upgrades later. Mind you Lx comes only in Black, Artic silver and pearl white

Amc - pls go back a few pages and check the table tsk has posted and pick the one that suits you best ( I think 4yrs/40k should be fine )

Btw what's the deal your getting ?
narayan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 20:02   #1582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I find Lx fit for my needs but considering Ex also, only attraction for me being height adjustable seat. As I'm 5' 8'' and my wife is 5' 1'', I want to know whether we really need this feature
The driver seat height adjustment is really not so essential if one has been driving a car without it, one can easily get used to the position in a Storme very quickly, unless one is very short, even if there was adjustment, it will probably be used once to get the required height and then it's forgotten (assuming that a single person drives the car).

Quote:
Can somebody throw some light on the performance of Explorer kit 2-din system and reversing camera also ?
There is just a pop out screen single DIN in the explorer version, no 2-DIN, and there is no reversing camera, just the reverse proximity sensors.
Old 13th September 2013, 20:14   #1583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Only item I thought I might miss was the arm rest. Have been driving the Lx for 4k kms now and am doing fine without the armrest.
The Arm rest is something that the co-driver gets to enjoy. As the driver, I find it not convenient to use in city driving, but is a good feature for long drives.
Old 14th September 2013, 00:32   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Can somebody throw some light on the performance of Explorer kit 2-din system and reversing camera also ?
Welcome to Team-BHP YGarg, good to see a member from city famous for Engineering Entrance Exam Preparation.

The 2 din music system which is being offered with explorer kit is Blaupunkt product and is good when it comes to performance. It has got Rs.21,000 (only unit)as MRP on the box but as you buying a car in low sales period I think you can get some good discount on this.

You can connect the reverse parking camera to this system. You need to buy this extra as camera will not come with the package.

Do consider that you may need middle row AC during extreme summers of Kota and this can not be upgraded.

Which color you are planning to pick?

-
SS
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 14:11   #1585
BHPian

Hi All,
Got the First service done for my Storme Ex Urban Bronze recently , so far not much to complain with the vehicle, the vehicle is absolutely fantastic and I am extremely enjoying the improvements over my previous Dicor 2.2, the silent cabin, less vibrations , lesser body roll, better quality interiors and the best part is shorter Turning Radius ( Those days where I had to engage reverse gear for taking U turns are gone! )
there are small minor squeaks on the passenger door and the driver info panel which I noticed recently which need to be fixed.

Few things I did not like is the Ac vent controls which was better in old safari where the airflow can be controlled without changing the direction of flow, reduced fuel tank capacity, lesser space in the third row, music system which looks after market and the jack.

I have just managed to clock about 2500 km in 2 months could not go on a long drive because of the work schedule, just did Bangalore-Mysore round trips twice.

Here are the list of things I got it fixed in my storme.

1. Seat covers,art leather ( ~13k)
2. Reverse sensors and camera with touch screen Lcd display Red soul ( ~11k)
3. PVC flooring on the complete carpet area (~4k)
4. DRL Chinese make (1.8k)
5. Sub-woofer and Amp (JBL which I got it fixed from my previous Dicor 2.2)

I had a race chip tuner installed in my old safari which I did not fix in this ( probably I would sell it)

Things in my wishlist :

1. Automatic climate control ( which I feel is a must. I have seen one after market device for this, need to consult for any Warranty issues before trying it)
2. Tweeters ( since I have already got sub-woofer now I am missing all the High frequencies.)
3. Bull Guard
4. More lights
5. Driver info Heads Up Display ( I have seen one on-line Chinese make which projects all the infos like speed, rpm, fuel, odo , fuel consumption, etc on to the wind-shield . not sure if its really compatible )
6. Window privacy screen.
7. Fold-able Mirrors ( from Vx variant if possible)

Here are some of the images of my Storme

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme_front.jpg

Image creating using the special effects in the phone by my friend

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme_scropio.jpg

Took this image for size and looks comparison

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme_pvc_flooring.jpg

PVC flooring on the carpet area, very useful in cleaning as its water proof , prevents dirt and liquid getting into the carpet which is very difficult to clean , the workmanship could have been better

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme_pvc_flooring_back.jpg

Jump seats are bigger than older safari which makes almost difficult to place the sub-woofer in any other place

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme_seat_covers.jpg

Have tried to get the seat-cover combination blend with the existing interiors

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme_pvc_int.jpg

Red-soul reverse parking sensor and Display
the display quality not up to the mark , resolution of the image feels less and also too much of over exposure , also there is too much glare from the rear window which makes the image difficult to view, planning to get sun-film only to the read window.
avanishphatak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 14:38   #1586
BHPian

15K done . Enjoying the beast more than ever . Ownership review updated with details
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-image3765236322.jpg  

Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 16:26   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanishphatak View Post
lesser space in the third row
Bro this is honestly a perception issue, probably due to the larger jump seats in the Storme. I have measured my friend's brand new Dicor and my Storme back to back. It is exactly the same.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 20:24   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Bro this is honestly a perception issue, probably due to the larger jump seats in the Storme. I have measured my friend's brand new Dicor and my Storme back to back. It is exactly the same.
Hi ebonho , I think you are right, may be because of lager jump seats, not sure if they have also raised the seat position, as my 6 ft friends would feel more comfortable in my old dicor jump seats than in storme.
Old 15th September 2013, 12:16   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanishphatak View Post

Hi ebonho , I think you are right, may be because of lager jump seats, not sure if they have also raised the seat position, as my 6 ft friends would feel more comfortable in my old dicor jump seats than in storme.
I think its the spare tyre which moved under the body is responsible for this..:-)
Old 15th September 2013, 17:59   #1590
BHPian

Hi,

Pleased to share the have taken delivery of Storme EX UB today. Had done PDI yesterday and vehicle was Aug 2013 manufactured as per VIN information and ODO has 39 KM on it.

However, the experience with dealer was of kind of mix, not good or not bad. I was surprised that they charged me Rs.5000/- extra for number of my choice though the number series was available with dealer.

Also, as last moment they told me the insurance price quoted is not zero dep, whereas had clearly told them that I need Zero dep, so had to shell out extra Rs.1600/- on insurance (instead of 3500 he was asking).

The reverse parking camera + sensors they had installed was of LCD type, display they fixed on right side on dashboard, whereas I had asked them for display on IRVM. Have asked them to change it but could not get it done due to sunday. (Is LCD type better or IRVM display better, I felt IRVM display unit is easy...what do you suggest?)

On other front, though they handed over insurance and receipts with registration number, they didn't gave me invoice (again excuse was sunday). Security number plate will be available in few days at dealer only.

I have few queries (as per delivery checklists posted on forum):-

1) I didn't get Pollution certificate, they said sticker is fine and valid for 1 year.
2) what is sales certificate, guy at dealer was not aware
3) They also didn't gave anything on Extended warranty.

After visiting the temple, straightaway went to tyre shop and got Dicor Alloys with Yokohama Geolander (Stock specs) installed. 35K for 5.

Then the tricky part (I was scared of this part) parking it my parking (which has just enough space with big approach slope and small road in front) Even for my UVA I had to reverse and position it on approach slope.

But to my surprise, I could fit storme very easily in first try...so happy now.

Here are few pics (before tyre change)

Will post more how it looks with Dicor alloys and new set of tyres and initial ownership review after couple of days.

Next on list is seat covers, good mats, weurth strips.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-new-truck-033.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-new-truck-032.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-new-truck-021.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-new-truck-024.jpg  

Last edited by sunit5 : 15th September 2013 at 18:13.
sunit5 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks