Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2013, 23:23   #541
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
Congrats NST440 for your new addition. waiting for ownership review. Happy mile munching ahead.
Thanks a lot prajeesh , ownership review coming soon, as of now loving the way she rides, even after driving nothing less than innova for 4 yrs. i am feeling so sure about this ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats! Please add as much as pics as you can. I would like to see the interior pics and have a visual comparo with VX (I have been in VX). Kind of unhappy with the color used right above the glove box.
Thanks swiftnfurious sure would add more clicks , VX has wooden interiors with all beige which i wanted to stay away from, in flesh this interior does look very sublime and premium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Congrats on your Storme bro! Looks beautiful.

Thanks a ton ebonho, thats exactly what i said to myself when i saw her standing tall on the delivery bay.The glances & stares i get from the crowd, i just love them.

Are those beige mats stuck at the bottom on the floor in the first photo?
No those are cardboad type material to keep safe the main carpet behind it, though my dealer gave me black TATA carpet mats as complementary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiransri_bng View Post
That's a Mean looking Beast there. Congrats on your new ride and wishing you happy and Safe miles ahead. Waiting for Initial ownership thread from a Strome Owner.
Heartly thanks kiransri_bng, yeah sure would update about my observations very soon , Just finished with my ICE upgrade & alloys fitting in these 2 days, driven 60 Kms. only, loved each second with her.
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 00:38   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a way the middle seat (on both ends) could be moved to front in Storme? I found the under thigh support of those middle seats to be extremely good. After sitting there for some time, I didn't even want to switch to driver seat.

Since the VX has leather, how can we add padding to it? Would it not spoil the leather which is already done on it?

TATA team
, if you are reading, PLEASE PLEASE consider this for your next version!

Just use the same seat in the middle row (on both sides) and transfer it to front seats! Your car will be a totally EMPEROR material! And yes, you have the added benefit of scalability & more part sharing!

Edit:: The middle portion of the middle row still is NOT great on under thigh support.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st February 2013 at 00:39. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
Old 1st February 2013, 07:18   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

TATA team
, if you are reading, PLEASE PLEASE consider this for your next version!

Just use the same seat in the middle row (on both sides) and transfer it to front seats! Your car will be a totally EMPEROR material! And yes, you have the added benefit of scalability & more part sharing!
Didn't understand your comment. Are you saying the middle row bench should be used upfornt also?
Old 1st February 2013, 07:54   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Didn't understand your comment. Are you saying the middle row bench should be used upfornt also?
@rrsteer, I think he means the material / construction. I too found @swiftandfurious' post a little un-clear.

Based on my experience in the Storme, I found the bench part of the rear seat to be nice & firm, while the contour of the base of the driver / co-driver seat was not very comfortable. The material is the same, but the surface is not the best designed. I think they tried to match the base surface to the shape of the body when we sit on the seat.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 08:31   #545
BHPian

I had the test drive of Storme and Dicor back to back( 8 to 9 test drives in total) Most of the points are already covered here. We wanted to have a look at the LX interiors before we make the booking. We wait for LX to arrive at the dealer. Couple of days ago I got a call from sales rep of the LX variant been available, and i can take a look before we make the booking. We went to their stock yard. Below are the observations from the LX model.

The colour combination of the dash was ok.
The colour combination on the seats is very bad.
The under thigh support on front seats were less. Vista has better under thigh support, my 11 year old Indica has better front seats.
As mentioned by others the steering wheel touches the legs. ( I am 6"3 and dad is 6) both had this issue.

My wife who's not an auto enthuse, did not like the back of the car ( Spear wheel missing). The new dash is just like another car. There is no big display (2 din) or nothing to say its new design.

For me Storme is not a decision made from heart, it requires lot of inputs from the mind.
I have listen to heart and booked the Dicor 2.2 Lx. The wait is on to Reclaim your life. The dealer has promised to deliver the car in 10 to 15 days time.
I will write my buying experience and others in the different section.

Thanks,
Arvind

Last edited by arvindmanju : 1st February 2013 at 08:33.
arvindmanju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 17:53   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@rrsteer, I think he means the material / construction. I too found @swiftandfurious' post a little un-clear.

Based on my experience in the Storme, I found the bench part of the rear seat to be nice & firm, while the contour of the base of the driver / co-driver seat was not very comfortable. The material is the same, but the surface is not the best designed. I think they tried to match the base surface to the shape of the body when we sit on the seat.
Sorry. I meant to say the surface area under the thigh. The front seats should have the same measurements like the rear bench.
Old 1st February 2013, 19:38   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

I remember there was a lot of discussions about the Storme's variants prior to its launch on Luke's test drive thread with some TML insiders (??) also confirming the list which contained a 'LXa'. Now, it clearly wasn't launched.

So, I am wondering if this will be coming or is permanently shelved.
Old 1st February 2013, 20:55   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I remember there was a lot of discussions about the Storme's variants prior to its launch on Luke's test drive thread with some TML insiders (??) also confirming the list which contained a 'LXa'. Now, it clearly wasn't launched.

Guess thats the version without ABS and with Drum Brakes. Wondering why Tata is not launching like a low hanging fruit
Old 1st February 2013, 21:32   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Could be the stripped down version they are planning.
Old 2nd February 2013, 08:20   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Just got my strome will write in detail overall good experience
Congratulations. I am very interested in your ownership thread as your handle suggests you also thought of buying a Fortuner, and surely would have done extensive comparison before coming at the decision to buy a Safari Storme.

I am also on similar boat, would appreciate if you could cover the areas that you compared the two and the rationale in choosing the Storme.

I was talking to one of my friends who owns a Fortuner and we agreed its far more reliable and would surely last 10 years, but my argument was in the price of Fortuner i can buy two Storme, so even if Storme is sufficiently well built to last 5 years without any problems than i have got my moneys worth.

Apart from this there are other things to talk about like all around Disc brakes, rotatory knob to turn 4x4, sleek gear shift.

Today i would have to find time to make a Visit to VST Motors in Whitefield. I have been passing Concorde and VST multiple times in the last few weeks but due to some other commitments never stopped to take a look. To me the heart says Fortuner, but the calculative mind says Storme.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 2nd February 2013 at 08:33.
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:11   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

Congratulations. I am very interested in your ownership thread as your handle suggests you also thought of buying a Fortuner, and surely would have done extensive comparison before coming at the decision to buy a Safari Storme.

I am also on similar boat, would appreciate if you could cover the areas that you compared the two and the rationale in choosing the Storme.

I was talking to one of my friends who owns a Fortuner and we agreed its far more reliable and would surely last 10 years, but my argument was in the price of Fortuner i can buy two Storme, so even if Storme is sufficiently well built to last 5 years without any problems than i have got my moneys worth.

Apart from this there are other things to talk about like all around Disc brakes, rotatory knob to turn 4x4, sleek gear shift.

Today i would have to find time to make a Visit to VST Motors in Whitefield. I have been passing Concorde and VST multiple times in the last few weeks but due to some other commitments never stopped to take a look. To me the heart says Fortuner, but the calculative mind says Storme.
Hi,

Yes I will write in detail , just back from a long drive , it's an amazing vehicle I must say . PM me your number will call u , not finding time to write in detail.
Old 2nd February 2013, 19:06   #552
Senior - BHPian

@NST440 - could you pls post some pics of your ride after the alloy fitment ? did you go for a tyre upsize as well ? what about the TML AMC package ( like GOLD /SILVER etc ? )did you opt for the same as well ?

@Fortuner71 - pls update your signature as well
Old 3rd February 2013, 13:46   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I found the under thigh support of those middle seats to be extremely good. After sitting there for some time, I didn't even want to switch to driver seat. TATA team, if you are reading
Dear swiftnfurious - thanks, yes, we are reading every day, we know exactly what you are saying! It's not only the seat dimension but the overall X2 chassis package which is delivering the desired result to you. Obviously, the dimension is helping as it is spot-on, so is the backrest angle. I hope people don't monkey around with it in the field. I have conveyed your comments also.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 21:21   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
@NST440 - could you pls post some pics of your ride after the alloy fitment ? did you go for a tyre upsize as well ?
TYRES

Well i was very serious about the tyre thingy, had talks and suggestions flowing from all tyre walas , enthusiast friends & the sales rep at Tata motors, all told me to put nice alloys but not to upsize the tyres, the tyres are stock 235/60 r 16 Bridgestone Duelers HT, reasons:

1. Company may void suspension warranty-told by sales rep at tata.

2. The upsize from 235 to 255 will take some driving & maneuverability & they would come out of the car making her dirty every time- the tyrewalas friends & personal experience in my earlier 2009 dicor & 2010 innova

In addition to the above , the OEM Bridgeston 235/60 r 16 duelers are actually good tyres for noiseless, comfort runs, i was given the option of swapping them for apollo hawks 255 at no extra price but i feel its not sensible to change BS with apollos. Yes Yoko Geolanders are good but they can always be kept as replacement choice down the years.

Alloys

I asked the retailer to fit 3 different alloys all 16 inches on my storme to see which looks better, inspected them thoroughly & after thorough inspection i came to know one of them was a 7.0J & other was a 7.5J , so it made my decision simple to go for the third one , the 6.5J, it was luckily the one i liked too, i wanted to stay away from tyre width more than 6.5J as its company recommended and Duelers suit them the best.

Here's some pictures of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dueler.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-alloy.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-fitting.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-wear.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-stance.jpg  

NST440 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 21:42   #555
BHPian

Hi NST440,

The beast looks gorgeous. Did you do any ICE Update?. If so kindly let us know. How is OEM ICE? Do you think is there any need for update?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks