Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2013, 16:44   #1111
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Explorer edition kit will arrive from July 15th with KHT motors in Bangalore.
If the leather covers are of the same quality which is included in the VX model, 56K may be a steal, still no confirmation if there is a buyback option on the Alpine HU. Expecting delivery of my black EX next week, hopefully no surprises from Tata.
Attached Images

CharlesA is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 19:56   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
Explorer edition kit will arrive from July 15th with KHT motors in Bangalore.
If the leather covers are of the same quality which is included in the VX model, 56K may be a steal, still no confirmation if there is a buyback option on the Alpine HU. Expecting delivery of my black EX next week, hopefully no surprises from Tata.
The white Storme with the nudge guard looks super cool. Black alloys + a tyre upsize would make it look menacing.
Charles - congrats on your booking. What was the deal you got ? Have you opted for ext warranty and the AMC packages ?
Old 29th June 2013, 21:56   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
The white Storme with the nudge guard looks super cool. Black alloys + a tyre upsize would make it look menacing.
Charles - congrats on your booking. What was the deal you got ? Have you opted for ext warranty and the AMC packages ?
We got 5K corporate discount and 8k from the dealer. There is a 20K exchange bonus on the old car and 30k loyalty bonus if anyone owns a tata passenger vehicle in your close family, we were not eligible for either. .
Will be opting for extended warranty but not the AMC package. The beast is being purchased on lease, so insurance also was not required.
Old 29th June 2013, 22:45   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
We got 5K corporate discount and 8k from the dealer. There is a 20K exchange bonus on the old car and 30k loyalty bonus if anyone owns a tata passenger vehicle in your close family, we were not eligible for either. .
Will be opting for extended warranty but not the AMC package. The beast is being purchased on lease, so insurance also was not required.
Charles - that's a decent deal. It would have been good if they had extended the loyalty bonus nevertheless. What was the delivery period ?
Are you planning on a tyre upgrade/alloys. Does warranty get voided if one fits alloys from outside or upsizes the tyre ? Do you know by any chance ?

Last edited by narayan : 29th June 2013 at 22:46.
Old 29th June 2013, 23:12   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Charles - that's a decent deal. It would have been good if they had extended the loyalty bonus nevertheless. What was the delivery period ?
Are you planning on a tyre upgrade/alloys. Does warranty get voided if one fits alloys from outside or upsizes the tyre ? Do you know by any chance ?
The purchase order was sent to KHT Motors on 14th June and the vehicle arrived in Bangalore on 24th June. As per the VIN# it is a May 2013 Model. Am in Bombay this week so delivery was on hold this week. Will be completing the PDI on Monday and take delivery next week.
As per KHT, if the specifications remain the same, warranty will not be affected. Changing the HU/speakers from a third party will void the warranty though.
List of upgrades/mods planned:
Reverse parking camera and sensors. Don't like the snap on mirrors but there seems to be no option. Wish there was an option to get the factory fitted one.
Stock specification Michelin Latitude Cross.
Stock Alloys from the VX.
If the explorer edition leather seats are of good quality, will opt for it just for the Nudge guard, HU and Seat covers.
Old 30th June 2013, 12:05   #1116
BHPian

Folks

Am on my last leg of making a decision between the Safari Storme 2X4 Vx and the 110 Duster PS Optional. The idea is to have a big vehicle around the 15 lakh mark which can carry 5+ adults plus a child or 2 and stuff for at least a 5 to 7 day travel. Also, the next want would be a powerful vehicle that one can walk into

Going through the thread on the Storme, i have had conflicting view on product quality of Tata and after sales service. Can i request Storme owners to let me know how good the vehicle is from a mechanics and electronics point of view as well as service, esp in Bangalore
Also, i would like to improve the ICE, but am not planning the explorer kit. What parts of the warranty will i void if i replace the 1 DIN with a 2DIN system and amps from outside.
Also, has anyone done a Duster Vs Storme compare. If so, i would very much like to get a perspective on the same
thanks in advance
Old 30th June 2013, 13:00   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Folks Duster Vs Storme compare. If so, i would very much like to get a perspective on the same thanks in advance
I personally did that comparison before finalizing storme. I agree that Tass is a gamble, but they do listen and you can always escalate. Plus you will find it in the rarest and farthest places, Renault is still expanding. As far as storme is concerned, to me it is a 5 seater (adults-6footers) with ample space for luggage. It is well sorted and reliable, as haven't faced any major fault in 10k km that I have driven. Small issues like choo-choo noise etc. are there.
Ice is good, I have added an active sub which makes a good setup. A plug n play setup, without cutting wires and hence no warranty issues. 2 din would had been wonderful, but theres no space, and flip down units are actually flimsy, hence I do not prefer.
Ride and handling is amazing and impressed me most. It irons out everything you throw at it. Interiors are a lot better than duster. Seating position is very commanding and you see everything around your vehicle. Plus it has the road presence and commands respect.
It is a heavy vehicle, large also but the engine does a nice job of pulling it in such a manner that you don't even realise. The steering is wonderful, feels great and the turning radius just never let's you down by helping you turn in smallest possible space.
Braking is something which assures you every time. On many occasions when I thought it won't stop, it does without any fuss! No drama, nothing, it is sure footed at 3 digit speeds and handles itself, and never looses composure. That said, you still have to keep in mind that it has higher cg.
Warranty of 3yr/1lac, extended to 4yr/1.5lac is reassuring. and to have a peace of mind, there are amc packages at around 85paisa/ km to take care of any and everything.

My suggestion look no further!
Cheers

Last edited by stormerider : 30th June 2013 at 13:30.
stormerider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 13:11   #1118
BHPian

If someone of you have a acquaintance with Tata Motors do grab this offer as it is valid for TML employees, suppliers etc... its a steal offer is up to 31 July only
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-july-offer.jpg  

Last edited by 007 Bond : 30th June 2013 at 13:14.
007 Bond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 16:02   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
If someone of you have a acquaintance with Tata Motors do grab this offer as it is valid for TML employees, suppliers etc... its a steal offer is up to 31 July only
The offer could be on earlier model years. The Aria and Safari Vx looks like 2012 or even 2011 stocks
Old 30th June 2013, 16:31   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Also, has anyone done a Duster Vs Storme compare. If so, i would very much like to get a perspective on the same
thanks in advance
Even I did the same comparison. You can check here.
Old 30th June 2013, 18:15   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Folks

Am on my last leg of making a decision between the Safari Storme 2X4 Vx and the 110 Duster PS Optional.
thanks in advance

I had test driven both Duster and Safari Storme on the same day with my family members , it was Storme came as the winner for its space, sense of safety when sitting inside, comfort and the quality of interior materials.
In duster we did not even like the door handles we felt its cheap( it reminded me of my Nano handle), the door sound when closed gives a feeling that the entire door is hollow and weak!), too much road noise while driving,
only plus point was good control over the body roll !
many of my friends who were duster fans and who had opportunity to drive duster for about 500 + km, changed their view after they drove & experienced Storme's performance,they were really happy to see the difference in the ride quality compared to the earlier generations of safari !

Service center in Bangalore are not that bad, Since I owned Safari 2.2 for over 5 years I had pleasant experience with the Service. And if you are not happy you can always tell them and they will sort the issues ,over the years I have seen TASS improving.

I had Booked a Storme 2 weeks back and got it delivered last Friday at KHT Bangalore, getting the flooring, seat covers,reverse camera with sensors fixed today. I had a sub and amplifier in my old safari which I got it fitted in Storme
I would be posting the images soon
avanishphatak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 18:33   #1122
BHPian

Avanish, has KHT mentioned about warranty being voided if you install an amp and speakers? I have an amp from the old car and planned to upgrade the HU and install components but as per kht it would void the warranty. Which reverse parking sensors are you installing?
Old 1st July 2013, 11:22   #1123
BHPian

@Stormerider, @Chinkara, @Avanish - thanks for your inputs. I drove the Duster 110PS last evening and i must say, i felt scared driving it. It felt lose, felt flimsy and a lot of basic features were missing. The seating was bad. With the a/c vent stuck in between the two seats in front, it intrudes into the foot space of the middle passenger of the rear seat. It therefore becomes a 4 seater for long drives. The dealer said he could do jump seats in the boot to fix the baby seat and me and missus stood horrified
I have driven the Storme on multiple occassions thanks to my co-brother owning one and i do feel it to be sturdy, good drive comfort even in city roads and has a whole host of features that i would want
Now for the big question - in Bangalore, the rates run upto 16.2 lacs on road for VX 2X4. Are you folks aware of any deals going on. Also, can i ask for insurance outside since i might be able to wrangle a cheaper one. 20k is set aside by the dealer for handling charges. Apart from registration, i dont see anything there. Any tips on this would be helpful
I am hopeful to book the Black Beauty by Saturday of this month. Which is the most cooperative dealer in Bangalore both for sales and service.
Thanks in advance and jumping up and down to join the Storme wagon
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 11:56   #1124
NMS
BHPian

Guys, I had been to Pandit Automotive yesterday. He wasnt able to clearly explain the difference between AMC and Warranty.
Though I have a basic understanding of this, can someone elaborate more on this?
The AMC according to the showroom personnel was for 20 K Kms only ?

Quote:
Also, can i ask for insurance outside since i might be able to wrangle a cheaper one. 20k is set aside by the dealer for handling charges. Apart from registration, i dont see anything there.
Insurance outside will definitely save you quite a bit. However I feel 20 K handling charges sounds pretty steep. In Pune they charge somewhere around 5-6 K tops. Not sure about Bangalore though.

Last edited by NMS : 1st July 2013 at 11:59.
Old 1st July 2013, 12:12   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Guys, I had been to Pandit Automotive yesterday. He wasnt able to clearly explain the difference between AMC and Warranty.
Though I have a basic understanding of this, can someone elaborate more on this?
The AMC according to the showroom personnel was for 20 K Kms only ?
The personnel in Bangalore stated that AMC is for approx INR7k per year and they charge it for 2 years upfront. 30k kms wherein for the service that you do post the free services, consumables will be free. Labour will still need to be paid

Hope this clarifies
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks