Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2013, 12:51   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
In the older Safari, the fuel tank was placed in the rear, where the current spare wheel resides. Hence when I accelerate upon getting the low fuel light, the fuel slosh (however marginal it is because of baffles in the tank etc), will make the sensor sense more fuel and the low light doesnt come on until about 8-10 kms later. Once it comes on the second time, it stays put.
Do you have the same issue? If so, it seems more of a sensor problem than the fuel tank placement.
Yup same thing. Second time is permanent. So its not really a problem per se right? Just the fuel moving around in the twilight zone where the level is just about to enter the "low fuel" zone. Happens in bikes too with deep central ridges seperating the tank into two wells.
Old 8th June 2013, 16:15   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Yes, potentially dash refresh and automatic shared bw aria and storme!
Prem
Any idea on when/ any additional details pls
Old 8th June 2013, 19:55   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Yup same thing. Second time is permanent. So its not really a problem per se right? Just the fuel moving around in the twilight zone where the level is just about to enter the "low fuel" zone. Happens in bikes too with deep central ridges seperating the tank into two wells.
No problem as per me!! I understand from a SA that the yellow low fuel light comes on when the car senses about 10 liters or lesser in the tank, however the red band is the actual measure for 10 liters or below. I am not sure about this, any comments please.
Old 8th June 2013, 20:42   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before: http://www.tatamotorsfullthrottle.com/

There are 3 types of events, Experiences, Rallies & Trails.
The best is the Experience and the next one The Tata Motors Full Throttle Kutch Experience .. The highlight of the expedition will be the drive across the Little Rann of Kutch.

Cost: Rs. 10,000 per participant - all inclusive.
And you pay for your own fuel.
Not bad eh?

Now I wish I had a Tata
If anyone goes, hope they post their Experience on T-Bhp!
Hi I had been to this event from Bangalore in my Safari lx 2.2 with my family , it was one of the most memorable events in my life, we had great fun driving in Little run of Kutch ,
for the first time I sat in Safari Storme VX owned by one of the fellow participants, we also had 2 winners of the storme facebook/twitter slogan contest , they were given a brand new storme vx to drive for the entire tour and all expenses paid by Tata Motors
we also had Arias, Xenons , dicor2.2 , Grande (ambulance) , I was really surprised the way Aria performed at Kutch, it is really capable vehicle !

I always wanted to write about it in Team-Bhp but couldn't do so bec of my work schedule, may be I will take some time and share my experiences here.

after I saw the storme and spoke to the owners about their experience with it I was thinking that my next vehicle would be Tata Safari Storme , I was dreaming about it since then, though it was not for the looks( I like the old 2.2's looks) but for the other improvements over the old safari, and off late I am kind of falling for its looks also
I am booking an LX variant soon (I 'll be missing the hand rest )

Last edited by bblost : 8th June 2013 at 20:47. Reason: Please refer forum rules. No more than 2 smileys per post. Thanks.
Old 8th June 2013, 23:22   #1010
BHPian

Guys please post some ownership reviews of the Storme. I have searched and found only a couple of them. I am currently looking to buy the Storme but just waiting for some discounts as I can sense it is around the corner. The only thing I am worried about are the niggles which had plagued the earlier Safari.
Old 9th June 2013, 10:04   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been looking for mats, to help protect the carpet mats in the Storme.

I have a set of add-on mats, with a beige color carpet type material (on top), and the lower side is a synthetic, black color.

What I noticed is that the guys at Prerana Motors flip the mats over when I hand it for servicing. And strighten it when they return the STorme after servicing. This is a simple way to protect the mats, and I think the same can be used during rains / similar situations when we need to protect the mats.

I dont think this is a new approach, but appreciate the guys at Prerana Motors for doing this.
Old 9th June 2013, 19:58   #1012
BHPian

hi ,
my friend has got a complete pvc flooring done in his Storme and it is blending really well with the Beige interiors , it is also easy to maintain/clean and it is odorless. I guess its available in all car accessories shop.
Old 9th June 2013, 20:48   #1013
Distinguished - BHPian

I am trying to avoid PVC flooring since IMO it takes away feel of the interiors.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 21:27   #1014
BHPian

Carpets are classy. Hence I got black carpet mats for my storme. I really couldn't digest the PVC flooring, apart from the cleanliness, I find no positive.
stormerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 10:22   #1015
BHPian

I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that the front central AC vents start emitting white smoke after the AC is on for around 10 mins specifically when the temperature is showing under 40 degrees. This effects the airflow as well as the cooling. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to get this checked?
Also my brakes keep making squeaking sounds (as if some dust I caught in them). What to do for this?
Old 10th June 2013, 10:52   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Condor, I too have those beige carpet with black rubber backing mats. Provided as "official" Storme accessories (some 1500 odd bucks for the set - but nothing for the 3rd row).

So now that the monsoons have started, I have put a set of the black rubber Safari mats over these.

They fit the Storme perfectly in the 2nd and 3rd rows (slight overlap for the 3rd row - so the Safari Dicor is slightly bigger there).

But they comes as two different shapes for the front row. One narrower and like a rectangle with rounded corners (I have put this for the co-driver side), and one wider with cutaways at two opposing corners - front left and rear right (I have put this for the driver).

They do have a strong rubber smell which I do not like though, so once the monsoons are over, will take them off.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:56   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that the front central AC vents start emitting white smoke after the AC is on for around 10 mins specifically when the temperature is showing under 40 degrees. This effects the airflow as well as the cooling. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to get this checked?
Also my brakes keep making squeaking sounds (as if some dust I caught in them). What to do for this?
The white smoke is nothing, but the chilled air with high moisture content. This normally happens around the end of summer (start of monsoons), when the moisture content in the atmospheric air is very high. It happens in most of the cars. Nothing to worry about it. Enjoy your AC & your beast.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 10:57   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
I am also noticing this smoke, for last 2-3 days. Don't know if its a problem but used to happen in our old safari also. Will probably get it checked. If you get any solution, please di share.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:58   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man your Storme really is a twin of mine! Happened the other day to me on my night drive too. But since the window was down, I thought the whitish smoke was smoke or fog from outside. It disappeared then immediately and was not seen again. No burning smell. What could it have been? Condensate vapor?

Last edited by ebonho : 10th June 2013 at 10:59.
Old 10th June 2013, 13:33   #1020
BHPian

Spoke to the SA, he said not to worry as it is formation of ice which causes the white smoke. I am not satisfied with this as it never happened in any other car I own.

On a recent drive to manali I found the engine quite stressed on some sections and had to frequently downshift. Also sometimes had to stretch on 2nd gear beyond 3K rpm. Is this normal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks