Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:46   #1141
BANNED

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Devdath - is this the July offer ? 60k cash discount or "benefits" ? I'm also awaiting a revert today from Tafe Chennai for the July schemes. Thanks
It is a cash discount as my the information given to me by Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle.

That reminds me, Concorde, Dairy Circle is the worst TML dealership I ve been to, in a long time. Lackluster staff, no dedication and sheer apathy towards customers.
Old 3rd July 2013, 17:12   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
It is a cash discount as my the information given to me by Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle.

That reminds me, Concorde, Dairy Circle is the worst TML dealership I ve been to, in a long time. Lackluster staff, no dedication and sheer apathy towards customers.
Chennai Concorde will match up to the same levels as well and this is from an inhouse dealership ! Tafe, by far, seems to be the best atleast from the pre-sales point of view in Chennai. I wonder how soon, the various initiatives at TMl will filter down to the dealerships.

on the discount part, i just noticed that the 60k you mention was posted earlier as an offer for TML employees/vendors etc for July. now it seems to be extended to anyone who owns a TML vehicle in their family
Old 3rd July 2013, 17:53   #1143
Distinguished - BHPian

Official discounts are posted on the Storme page, and updated every month:

http://tatasafari.com/static/storme-suv-india.php

Check the linky "SPECIAL OFFERS" at the bottom, centre
Old 3rd July 2013, 18:17   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Official discounts are posted on the Storme page, and updated every month:

http://tatasafari.com/static/storme-suv-india.php

Check the linky "SPECIAL OFFERS" at the bottom, centre
The information in the website is outdated. it carries an offer that expired on APRIL 30TH, 2013
Old 3rd July 2013, 19:36   #1145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
The information in the website is outdated. it carries an offer that expired on APRIL 30TH, 2013
Last time I checked (in May), the information was updated for May 2013, and it was different from the offer I had got (in April). When I checked today, it did not have current offers, but definitely not old offers
Old 5th July 2013, 16:49   #1146
BHPian

We are looking to buy a 7 seater SUV/MUV in a couple of months, it will spend most of its time running round trips between Kollam and Trivandrum (70 kms). I want something supremely comfortable for my mother who is nearing her 60s and something that must have personality (rules out innova).

The choice is basically between the Storme & the XUV and looking at the niggles (especially ones with brakes) being reported by the users of the latter, I am tilting towards the Storme.

Yes I have considered the Aria but I find it looks a bit uninspiring (a bit like the innovas).
Old 5th July 2013, 17:47   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
We are looking to buy a 7 seater SUV/MUV in a couple of months, it will spend most of its time running round trips between Kollam and Trivandrum (70 kms). I want something supremely comfortable for my mother who is nearing her 60s and something that must have personality (rules out innova).

The choice is basically between the Storme & the XUV and looking at the niggles (especially ones with brakes) being reported by the users of the latter, I am tilting towards the Storme.

Yes I have considered the Aria but I find it looks a bit uninspiring (a bit like the innovas).
If the primary users will be your parents / mother, then you may want to consider the Ertiga for ease of ingress/egress, or the Xylo for its flexible seating, that can convert to a flatbed if required.
smsrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 17:55   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Aria has a low floorboard as well as a damn good 200mm GC. While Storme or XUV, both have only a namesake 3rd row, Aria does have a decent 3rd row. There's also a 4.5L discount as of now, so that'll definitely save quite some cash too!

Wrt reliability, TATA, since recently, seems to have been very supportive to its customers compared to before. Anyway, take a TD and go with whatever you find comfortable. All the luck!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 5th July 2013 at 17:57.
GrammarNazi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 18:02   #1149
BHPian

Another worry I have with the Aria is whether Tata would decide to pull the plug on that ? The Safari has been around for quite a while and there is no chance of that happening.

As for the service, after spending a year haggling with the local Tata-Fiat dealer, I think I can handle them.

Is the Aria's ride as comfortable as the Storme's ? Yes a Test Drive beckons.
Old 5th July 2013, 20:45   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Another worry I have with the Aria is whether Tata would decide to pull the plug on that ? The Safari has been around for quite a while and there is no chance of that happening.

As for the service, after spending a year haggling with the local Tata-Fiat dealer, I think I can handle them.

Is the Aria's ride as comfortable as the Storme's ? Yes a Test Drive beckons.
Rode in @torquing_points Aria last week. The ride was superb. As much as it bites, it was plusher than the xuv, and way better with less roll than the storme.

With the offers on the car, it's hard to resist although it's a bit too long in my opinion.

But the length also means way better space, although in Bombay, parking is a pain.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 20:51   #1151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes I have considered the Aria ..
Between these three, I'd take the Aria for the conditions you have mentioned. It's very comfortable. My only concern with the Storme is the height - it could be a little difficult for seniors to get in & out. Else the Storme is very comfortable too.

(Personally, I didnt like the car-like feel of the XUV, esp since I wanted a SUV).

SMSrini, GrammarNazi & DJPeesh have given the relevant points for you to consider.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 21:47   #1152
BHPian

I had been to a Tata dealer today and had an extensive chat with him about Horizonnext and what next from Tata
14 new models in the next 3 to 4 years and also bifurcation of general public vehicle and cabbies. 2 different service centers is being planned for each class. That should be interesting !
Old 5th July 2013, 22:28   #1153
BHPian

Has anyone checked out the new double din system? Am keen to know how it is, the price as well as buy back options for the alpine if available. Also does it integrate navigation and reverse camera?
Old 6th July 2013, 08:38   #1154
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
We are looking to buy a 7 seater SUV/MUV in a couple of months, .
If you want a proper 7 seater, and cannot digest the Innova, then Aria is a better bet. Storme, etc are not really 7 seaters. You can even consider the Ertiga. Don't buy a SUV for 7 seats as these are just name sake seats.
Old 6th July 2013, 09:16   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
The Aria has a low floorboard as well as a damn good 200mm GC. While Storme or XUV, both have only a namesake 3rd row, Aria does have a decent 3rd row. There's also a 4.5L discount as of now, so that'll definitely save quite some cash too!

Wrt reliability, TATA, since recently, seems to have been very supportive to its customers compared to before. Anyway, take a TD and go with whatever you find comfortable. All the luck!
GN, on which variant is the 4.5L discount being offered? Is this from Tata or the dealer? Dealer's name please (I'm in Bangalore too)? The Aria was out of my budget as listed on their website, but discounts like this may make it a possibility. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks