Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2013, 20:57   #871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Question for Storme owners:

Your feedback on the stock Bridgestone 689's, pelase ?
Has any one replaced the tyres ? If yes, details please.
Ii have replaced with Yokohama 245/70/R16 HT. please note it's not AT. My most of the driving was highways, so I don't need AT, HT is very good for Highways with very low noise.
Old 22nd April 2013, 21:22   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Similar experience on the Aria - the TD vehicle I had driven had bulges in 2 of the tyres. I dont remember the exact model of the tyres, though.
I am not aware of wrangler R 17s but my good year wrangler lasted 65 k on my safari. I guess its more to do with wrong pressure and alignment and balancing issues. It's not without reason that Good Year is the number one tyre maker in the world
Old 25th April 2013, 10:31   #873
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

The best colours for the Storme:

If you like the Matte Black section on the rear door, then you need either Off white or Pearl Champaign to highlight it. It would also happen with Silver though. And if you wish to hide it then Black or Rustic Bronze would be neat.

Pearl Champaign and Rustic Bronze look the best to me followed by Off white.

The Off White and Pearl Champaign colours brings out the bulk of the vehicle and it looks a lot more imposing. The Rustic Bronze makes it looks smaller that it is.
The biege interiors go with all three colours.
Old 25th April 2013, 10:37   #874
Senior - BHPian

I wonder why Tata is not bringing back the original Safari colours, namely the dark maroon, the forest/dark green and thE navy/Arizona blue. These shades should look great on the Storme.
Old 25th April 2013, 12:15   #875
Senior - BHPian

I think Storme should offer the grey body cladding that comes standard with the Dicor LX. Maybe same matching shade to the matte grey strip on the tailgate. Should look nice. I would have chosen that.

The Safari looks imposing and people move out of the way only if you are bearing down on them head on.

Otherwise everyone seem to be coming extra close on the sides (esp the left) and unlike in a sedan, since you are not at the same height, your peripheral vision often misses these low flying objects.
Old 25th April 2013, 13:23   #876
BHPian

Haven't seen the Champagne Color in flesh. Can someone please post picture os Storme in Champagne
Old 25th April 2013, 13:40   #877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Haven't seen the Champagne Color in flesh. Can someone please post picture os Storme in Champagne
Pearl White
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-pearl_white.jpg

Pearl Champagne
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-pearl_champagne.jpg
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 13:57   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pearl White
Attachment 1077368

Pearl Champagne
Attachment 1077369
Cant help notice but, are the tyres in the picture different than the BS?
Old 25th April 2013, 14:53   #879
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I wonder why Tata is not bringing back the original Safari colours, namely the dark maroon, the forest/dark green and thE navy/Arizona blue. These shades should look great on the Storme.
Yep had that Blue on my TCIC Safari, not many SUV's have those kinds of colours today. The Blue on the Indica Vista does not seem to be selling too much for them. The XUV does have a kind of dark forest green that looks good but again does not seem to be bought much.

The Aria was launched with a Sardenia Red which is a more somber Maroon in some ways - a bit like wine red and all their catalogues and advts. had this one. I felt that everyone would go for this colour so I bought a Night Shade Black so that it does not become too common. Every one seems to have throught similarly so most of the rare Aria that we see on the road seem to be either night shade black (a brownish Black) or Pearl White.
Old 25th April 2013, 14:59   #880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Cant help notice but, are the tyres in the picture different than the BS?
Sharp ! yes, those dont look like BS.
Old 25th April 2013, 15:42   #881
Team-BHP Support

If tata releases a Yellow or bright red 4x4 with black non body colored cladding in EX trip, I may get in the line, but the current set of colors looks pretty sad to me.
Old 25th April 2013, 16:27   #882
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^

Just trying to imagine Yellow and Red Storme with Grey Cladding.

Any family with a child below 10 going into to buy the Strome or on a test drive is sure to get this one. It will throw out of the picture all other vehicle options.

Actually Tata should provide customizations options for the Strome with say a lead time of 2.5 months. Allowing one to choose our own exterior and cladding colour along with a limited set of features (including 4X4) that may be added on for say the EX model for an extra charge of Rs. 25K over and above the cost of that feature.

May not sell much or may who knows but it will definately make for some tempting storme samples on the road.
Old 25th April 2013, 16:37   #883
Senior - BHPian

I would just be happy with a Black Storme with matte black cladding. Even if it a 4x2 only.

Then my puppy can chase cats and clamber up the sids of my truck all he wants.
Old 25th April 2013, 17:33   #884
AVR
BHPian

I don't know if TML consciously stayed away from all the bright reds and yellows to give it a more understated look. Though I think the matt red Snow Rescue custom storme posted a few pages back is beautiful.

I like ACM's idea of allowing customization. Given that TML is selling so few of their cars and at the rate its declining, there will be so few Stormes being sold that the assembly line guys will even know the exact guy who's ordered that bright red EX 4x4 from Delhi. Which in this case would be tsk1979

Btw, shouldn't the lovely custom Storme shown at the Auto Expo be offered via dealers. Any dealer talked about it yet?
Old 26th April 2013, 10:43   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I think Storme should offer the grey body cladding that comes standard with the Dicor LX. Maybe same matching shade to the matte grey strip on the tailgate. Should look nice. I would have chosen that.

The Safari looks imposing and people move out of the way only if you are bearing down on them head on.

Otherwise everyone seem to be coming extra close on the sides (esp the left) and unlike in a sedan, since you are not at the same height, your peripheral vision often misses these low flying objects.
The gray cladding IMO starts looking very jaded and sad, after a few years of exposure in the sun, unlike a painted cladding.
May be people are coming extra close to your car to admire their image in the shiny black cladding People tend to stay away from my car, because the beige cladding doesnt shine. Jokes apart, the mirrors are mighty useful in detecting the low flying objects.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks