Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 11:25   #796
BHPian

Re: Interim style ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Something makes me think if the current avatar of the Storme will become like the 3.0 Dicor - an intermediate model ?

The 3.0 Dicor was a stop-gap between the 2.0 TCIC & the 2.2 L in terms of functionality. The current Storme will likely end up as a link between the 2.2 Dicor & an all new looking Storme.

When, or how long is the question.
Well, if this is true, then wonder how much money TML in invest in getting such intermediate half hearted vehicles which do not set the sales chart on fire !!
Nevertheless, even if they get another variant of the storme with the same quality plastics that they are offering since the last two decades and without it being a proper 3rd row front facing seven seater, then the obituary of the next storme is clearly written on the wall. As I have mentioned before in another thread, all they had to do was to get the old safari to have proper 7 seats and better handling and braking with superb quality plastics. TML quality of plastics does not even match Maruti's. Check out the Ertiga, the quality is superb. Even from Aria to Manza, everything looks like some piece of cardboard placed here and there with gaps God only save tata motors who unfortunately have fundamentally capable vehichles, spoilt only by fit and finish and their legendary TASS
Old 1st April 2013, 21:55   #797
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Rs 1271710/- is it justified for LX Storme in Bangalore/Karnataka?
Old 2nd April 2013, 00:02   #798
Distinguished - BHPian

Well. Not a question to ask :(

You can save a little there by getting your own insurance (not from dealer).

I dont see parity in price difference between trim levels vs the difference in equipment levels. I would prefer EX, for the rear-wash/wipe & the roof a/c + fog lamps. But this hardly constitutes the difference of 2L.
Old 2nd April 2013, 00:28   #799
BHPian

Is it a good time to buy Storme or wait for some more time when they eventually start offering further discounts. I am in a dilemma
Old 2nd April 2013, 06:20   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Is it a good time to buy Storme or wait for some more time when they eventually start offering further discounts. I am in a dilemma
Two schools of thought.... Head says wait you will get more discount. Heart says just reclaim your life. My take is live life today as there is always a better tomorrow & you will always feel I should have waited 6months more. So don't get into a discount trip, it's just about you having money in bank & fire in belly. Go for the kill. You will be happy.
Safe driving.
krdeshmukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 06:32   #801
Distinguished - BHPian

Deepak, any official discount would possibly be towards end of the year. You could wait, but you will get a little less later for your current car (DZire ?) than now. You could ask / try for discounts even now _ may be you will get lucky. But remember, if you step into the showroom, you are most likely to get one now itself
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:11   #802
BHPian

Quote:
There are discounts up to 30k available already if you negotiate hard. Further you'll save about 8k if you bring your own insurance. Additionally try to get the dealer to waive the'logistics charge'. If you ate an excellent negotiator and are in no urgency to buy thevehicle (and can communicate your ability to walk away well to the dealer) then you should be able to bull doze your way into 40+k of discounts already. Naturally it's easier to get 'free' accessories than cash back.

I would say Just get it now man. I did. You may overpay by 50-60k but who knows how long you'll have to wait to get this otherwise!

Also if you are a value conscious customer, then consider the aria which I'd available for deep discounts, and is a really good car.
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:29   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I dont see parity in price difference between trim levels vs the difference in equipment levels. I would prefer EX, for the rear-wash/wipe & the roof a/c + fog lamps. But this hardly constitutes the difference of 2L.
Bro the difference between the LX and EX is just 60K on the road. The big jump is between the EX and the VX 4x2 - around 2 lacs. And the VX 4x4 is around 1.5 lacs more.

With the tax advantage of being sub 10 lacs ex showroom now lost for the LX, the difference would be even smaller. In such a case, it would make sense for TATA to keep the EX and VX where they are, and pull the LX back to being a properly stripped down budget version.

This is what they were planning anyways (I recall they already had the cars ready). No ABS, no all 4 wheels disc brakes, no music system/bluetooth. At that time (when the LX was still 9.95 lacs ex showroom), this stripped down version was to have come in at around 8.6-8.7 lacs ex showroom.

Which would then space out the 4 versions pretty equi-distant (with 1.5-2 lac gaps) and prevent confusion and cannibalization internally between variants.

Last edited by ebonho : 2nd April 2013 at 10:43.
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:40   #804
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tata Safari sales were stagnant around 800 mark, leading to 50K discounts from dealers.
When Storme was launched, sales peaked at about 2000, and then settled at 1000. The burst was due to people who did not buy safari because they wanted to wait for storme.
The sales are not settling down to 1000 odd, and once this number is achieved, there will be lot of pressure on dealers to clear inventory.
this is the main reason to wait.
Secondly, in another 2-3 months, most critical niggles should be sorted out. Its wise to wait for 6-8 months atleast before buying a new Tata vehicle. Ideally, I would say wait 1 year.
Remember Tata 3.0. Lot of Safari 3 liter owners were stranded on road due to cam sensor issue, and then the sensor was replaced with a better version
When 2.2 came out, lots of owners(even after 1 year of launch) had this timing belt snap issue.
This Storme has a new oil separator, and all 4 disc brakes and new suspension. So its prudent to wait a while because most of the testing happens at user end and then retro fixes come into play.
Waiting will give you double benefit
1. More discounts as pressures on dealers increase
2. A more reliable vehicle as other users work as the testing team.
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:53   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
There are discounts up to 30k available already if you negotiate hard. Further you'll save about 8k if you bring your own insurance. Additionally try to get the dealer to waive the'logistics charge'. If you ate an excellent negotiator and are in no urgency to buy thevehicle (and can communicate your ability to walk away well to the dealer) then you should be able to bull doze your way into 40+k of discounts already. Naturally it's easier to get 'free' accessories than cash back.

I would say Just get it now man. I did. You may overpay by 50-60k but who knows how long you'll have to wait to get this otherwise!

Also if you are a value conscious customer, then consider the aria which I'd available for deep discounts, and is a really good car.
adding to that, many dealers and TML have 2012 stocks even now. you will ideally get the prebudget prices on these and can bargain for higher discounts.

I am waiting for my company's car lease policy for this year to be announced. By then, i hope TML brings in the new 2 din system. also the way the monthly sales are going for TML, discounts are bound to increase.
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:13   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Bro the difference between the LX and EX is just 60K on the road. The big jump is between the EX and the VX 4x2 - around 2 lacs. And the VX 4x4 is around 1.5 lacs more.

With the tax advantage of being sub 10 lacs ex showroom now lost for the LX, the difference would be even smaller. In such a case, it would make sense for TATA to keep the EX and VX where they are, and pull the LX back to being a properly stripped down budget version.

This is what they were planning anyways (I recall they already had the cars ready). No ABS, no all 4 wheels disc brakes, no music system/bluetooth. At that time (when the LX was still 9.95 lacs ex showroom), this stripped down version was to have come in at around 8.6-8.7 lacs ex showroom.

Which would then space out the 4 versions pretty equi-distant (with 1.5-2 lac gaps) and prevent confusion and cannibalization internally between variants.
In Bangalore/Karnataka it is not the case. LX is 1271710/- and EX is 1384257/-

Thanks
Deepak
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:25   #807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In Bangalore/Karnataka it is not the case. LX is 1271710/- and EX is 1384257/-
12.05 for LX and 13.48 for EX - pre-Budget prices. That's a difference of 1.4L
Old 3rd April 2013, 11:13   #808
Senior - BHPian

Must be something to do with the Tax structure in Bangalore then. Coz in Pune the pre-budget prices was 11,53,860/- for LX and 12,18,174/- for EX. On the road. Individual.
Old 6th April 2013, 08:17   #809
Senior - BHPian

Buying a vehicle is an emotional decision, some how practical thoughts foul this process
Example: Practical thought says for the city a 3 lac hatchback is enough or may be a 5 lac hatch with auto everything. For 2-4 people this much is more than enough. So the Storme doesnt fit here at all.
If you need to haul 7 people there are better MUV available starting from a humble Versa. Why need 150bhp/2.2 liter?

So if one has decided from his heart on the Storme, waiting for supposed ironing out of supposed glitches is futile. I believe TML honors all kinds of warranties in the worst case, so the fear of paying for a part is not correct.
Plus delaying an emotional decision spoils the pleasure big time, maybe waiting for a few months may make one buy a boring hatch after .
PS: IMO make rational decisions when buying a mixer or a washing machine (an appliance), for us autoheads a car/bike is not an appliance
apachelongbow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 09:47   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Buying a vehicle is an emotional decision, some how practical thoughts foul this process
Example: Practical thought says for the city a 3 lac hatchback is enough or may be a 5 lac hatch with auto everything. For 2-4 people this much is more than enough. So the Storme doesnt fit here at all.
If you need to haul 7 people there are better MUV available starting from a humble Versa. Why need 150bhp/2.2 liter?

So if one has decided from his heart on the Storme, waiting for supposed ironing out of supposed glitches is futile. I believe TML honors all kinds of warranties in the worst case, so the fear of paying for a part is not correct.
Plus delaying an emotional decision spoils the pleasure big time, maybe waiting for a few months may make one buy a boring hatch after .
PS: IMO make rational decisions when buying a mixer or a washing machine (an appliance), for us autoheads a car/bike is not an appliance
Very well said, couldn't agree more.i feel a car or bike speaks a lot about the person sitting inside, even how well it is maintained also potrays his enthusiasm. There are decisions which require more than rationality, they require our approach towards life and the need to attain the ideal self image,one always wished for.

No offence but a friend of mine just bought an etios diesel for the sake of reliability, rationality and practicality, 3 months from purchase now his sister drives the etios and he is back to his 2 year old swift vdi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks