Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 08:41   #1351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Any suggestion on how to fix the aux lights ?
  1. fabricate a small bracket fix it to number plate ?
  2. Go in for nudge gaurd which can hold the lights ?
  1. Number plate option will not be suitable - since the num plate is mounted on the bumper, a non-metal part
You could try for the nudge guard, or fabricate a suitable metal clamp.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 09:00   #1352
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
My vehicle is at the service center today, post alignment at Madhu's it again started pulling to the left. Had I upsized the tyre, it would have been a difficult task to get TML to fix the issue.
Hi Charles,
Which service center is the vehicle at? I know a few people at the Concorde Motors, Mysore road branch and they are really good at their work. Let me know if you can bring your vehicle down here.

Quote:
Any suggestion on how to fix the aux lights ?
  1. fabricate a small bracket fix it to number plate ?
  2. Go in for nudge gaurd which can hold the lights ?
I going in for hella 3003 .
Buy the TML nudge guard that is on offer as an accessory on the Explorer edition and mount your fog lamps on it. This will ensure that they do not vibrate and if something goes wrong, the nudge guard is the only part which will be experimented on and not the vehicle bumper.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 09:32   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi Charles,
Buy the TML nudge guard that is on offer as an accessory on the Explorer edition and mount your fog lamps on it. This will ensure that they do not vibrate and if something goes wrong, the nudge guard is the only part which will be experimented on and not the vehicle bumper.
Thanks Devdath I enquired they say I have to buy the whole set for 56K . They do not sell only the nudge gaurd . Is this true ? Can u suggest a nudge gaurd ? I tried extreme , one cannot mount lights .
Old 31st July 2013, 10:17   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi Charles,
Which service center is the vehicle at? I know a few people at the Concorde Motors, Mysore road branch and they are really good at their work. Let me know if you can bring your vehicle down here.
Devadath, the vehicle is at the KHT service centre. There is a TML engineer resident at KHT and took it there at his behest. The steering rack and pinion is being changed. If this does not work I will contact you for information on Concorde motors. While TASS is helpful their inability to solve problems is worrying and I don't want to spend time at the service center.
Old 31st July 2013, 10:18   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Are you still on OE speakers, or have you upgraded them yet ? (sorry if I have missed an earlier update from you).

Increasing Bass should help,
but Sub-woofer setting will not do anything unless a sub is connected.

The HU is quite good, but is limited by the OE speakers.

Of course, so substitute to having an amp driving the front components + a sub. The rear co-axials can go directly from the HU.

Btw, the vehicle has a set of tweeters, but there is no cross-over to drive them !!
(At least I didnt find one in my EX)
This is all going over my head bro. I'm essentially a biker and am happy with any nice sounding music in my cars. Can you please suggest a workaround? I have my accessory shopping list nearly finalize, but if its worth it, I'll try to fit this in as well.
Old 31st July 2013, 11:28   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

This is all going over my head bro. I'm essentially a biker and am happy with any nice sounding music in my cars. Can you please suggest a workaround? I have my accessory shopping list nearly finalize, but if its worth it, I'll try to fit this in as well.
Doc I am also not an expert here. But all I did was to add a subwoofer for the low and mid. I have an active sub, and the setup gives decent sound and base. Rest everything is stock.
It is not a setup which will turn a lot of heads, but takes care of my needs for music.
It only needed a socket wiring from head unit, and a power cable from battery. Hence no wires cut or spliced, keeping Tass worries out of the window!

Last edited by stormerider : 31st July 2013 at 11:31.
stormerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 11:52   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Doc I am also not an expert here. But all I did was to add a subwoofer for the low and mid. I have an active sub, and the setup gives decent sound and base. Rest everything is stock.
It is not a setup which will turn a lot of heads, but takes care of my needs for music.
It only needed a socket wiring from head unit, and a power cable from battery. Hence no wires cut or spliced, keeping Tass worries out of the window!
A subwoofer is that big box or barrel like thing in the trunk or 3rd row in our case right? If so, that is out for me man ..... have 3 very active kids and need all the space the Storme has. One of the main reasons for buying the Storme in the first place (and planning on a roof rack as well). Speaker mods are ok. And an amp goes under the seat so that's cool as well.

Last edited by ebonho : 31st July 2013 at 11:53.
Old 31st July 2013, 13:13   #1358
BHPian

Quote:

A subwoofer is that big box or barrel like thing in the trunk or 3rd row in our case right? If so, that is out for me man ..... have 3 very active kids and need all the space the Storme has. One of the main reasons for buying the Storme in the first place (and planning on a roof rack as well). Speaker mods are ok. And an amp goes under the seat so that's cool as well.
Maybe then someone can guide you with a shallow sub fitted over tail gate.
Or maybe an active sub I had seen at a dealer from xenos, was very slim to slide under a seat or so. Don't know about the quality and output.
stormerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 15:13   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Ebonho, I have an AMP from my old car which I will try with the HU and Infinity Kappa speakers without a subwoofer. If the head unit is as good as they say, I feel it should suffice. Right now I have to keep the base level at 6 or 7 to get any decent sound from these speakers. You should visit a car audio shop and check actually what would suit you best.
Old 31st July 2013, 15:18   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is all going over my head bro. ... Can you please suggest a workaround? I have my accessory shopping list nearly finalize, but if its worth it, I'll try to fit this in as well.
Will be easier to help if you can let us know where you are right now - have you changed any parts from the stock set up ? Or is it as it was the day it came out of the factory ? (I refer to Physical components only. Settings can be re-set).
Old 31st July 2013, 16:01   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Will be easier to help if you can let us know where you are right now - have you changed any parts from the stock set up ? Or is it as it was the day it came out of the factory ? (I refer to Physical components only. Settings can be re-set).
Everything is like the day it came from the factory. Except the batteries in the remote (which were dead from the factory) and some unit that was not functioning properly which is needed for the remote and the bluetooth to work (don't know its name). This recently came all the way from Germany (since Alpine India does not stock it) and was replaced.
Old 31st July 2013, 16:37   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
Devadath, the vehicle is at the KHT service centre. There is a TML engineer resident at KHT and took it there at his behest. The steering rack and pinion is being changed. If this does not work I will contact you for information on Concorde motors. While TASS is helpful their inability to solve problems is worrying and I don't want to spend time at the service center.
May the force be with you my friend! This is more of a test between the quality control of what comes from the factory vs the workmanship at the service center. Hopefully everything will work out eventually (you can't say that I never warned you about Tata quality! )

I guess someone already mentioned it before, the wheel alignment issues aren't new for Tata and this is not even an issue that will be gone forever once fixed. Any big jerk on the steering and suspension will bring it back again, so be careful of what extent you go in trying to fix it.
Old 31st July 2013, 16:38   #1363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Everything is like the day it came from the factory.
1. Replace all speakers.
1a. Front: get a pair of 6.5" component speakers. Any good brand you like.
1b. Rear: Get a pair of 6.5" round co-axial speakers. Any brand you like.

Retain the stock location for the tweeters. With 6.5" speakers. no cutting is required anywhere.

This itself will make a lot of difference.

Step 2:
Add a 4 channel amplifier.
Ask installer to run the Front components off 2 of the 4 available channels.
The other 2 channels can be bridged to run a sub-woofer. A Sealed box should do fine, and will be quite compact. A 10" or 12" sub should be fine.
Run the rear co-axials directly off the HU.

This is the simplest possible set up. The gain settings will be done by installer, mostly on the amp ( for the sub)

You dont have a sub right now, hence the setting you have done for "Sub-woofer" will have no impact.
The stock speakers arent worth anything, hence any change in settings will not show in the output.

I dont have a sub, so I just replaced all speaker, at this time running directly from the HU
Bass is at +1
Treble is at 0
HPF cut-off is at 60Hz
Fader is at -1

Nothing fancy, just a simple set up that does it's job.

Hope this helps

Last edited by condor : 31st July 2013 at 17:03.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 16:50   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
May the force be with you my friend! This is more of a test between the quality control of what comes from the factory vs the workmanship at the service center. Hopefully everything will work out eventually (you can't say that I never warned you about Tata quality! )

I guess someone already mentioned it before, the wheel alignment issues aren't new for Tata and this is not even an issue that will be gone forever once fixed. Any big jerk on the steering and suspension will bring it back again, so be careful of what extent you go in trying to fix it.
Yeah Amol...I was on dope for not taking your advise. Hopefully its all sorted.
Old 31st July 2013, 16:53   #1365
BANNED

Quote:
Can u suggest a nudge gaurd ? I tried extreme , one cannot mount lights .
Hiker and Carryboy are still designing nudge guards for the Storme. Let us wait for some time.
I will be at Delhi soon and will enquire with fabricators that I know to see if there is something available there. The NCR is certainly a much bigger market for nudge guards.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks