Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 20:14   #1501
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Went to Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar and booked the Ecosport Diesel Titanium in mars red, waiting time quoted is 3 months
Do you have any idea on the waiting period on the EcoBoost? Or other variants?
Old 26th June 2013, 20:21   #1502
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats coolboy007, hope you get it soon! What is the final OTR price? Did you get the Delhi OTR pricelist from the dealer?
I will scan and put it up tommorow morning. The OTR price as per Noida ford Price list for Delhi is Rs 1068534 ( incl of comp ins Rs 33235, Regn + Road tax Rs 84970, handling Charges Rs 7500, Number Plate Rs 500, Essential Kit Rs 4304, Extended warranty 3rd Year Rs 8556, Zero Dep Ins addl Rs. 5764, Extended Warranty 4th year Rs 14990, , Car Care Rs.8725.

I would appreciate if somecan tell me what zero Dep insurance from outside would cost. Generally it is a lot cheaper outside.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 20:22   #1503
BHPian

Great pricing by Ford and will likely be cross shopped with a variety of other cars - right from the Fiesta to City and hatchbacks like i20, Polo etc.

This is the first time I am really reading the official review in full (being out of India, no plan of buying one in the near future!) and noticed one thing that's likely a safety hazard - the hatch opens on the wrong side! It would be easier and safer if the hatch was hinged to the right side of the vehicle. Looks like ford took a short cut here and just moved the steering from left to right?
Old 26th June 2013, 20:28   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
[
The dealers are also charging 2% processing charges if the Rs 50 K booking is mde using a credit card. Dunno what is the Ford India stand on this.
That's the norm with most dealers. I remember the Toyota dealer also charging 2% if paying by credit card.
Old 26th June 2013, 20:31   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
OTR Prices for Ecsport in Pune as attached. Absolutely cracker of a deal even the Titanium (o) is!! For just 44k more, you lose the grab handles but get 4 more airbags!

i think Talera Ford has misprinted the pricing in place of pune they have put PCMC and vice versa,how come Pune pricing is cheaper than PCMC pricing,isn`t it meant to be other way around
vineetg84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 20:34   #1506
Team-BHP Support

Realistic pricing indeed! Good to see that Ford has learned from the Fiesta fiasco. I remember the Fiesta thread went onto a freeze mode when the pricing was announced, and here 15 pages got added in just a few hours after the pricing announcement

It will be interesting to see how the dealers manage (or mismanage) the overwhelming response.
Old 26th June 2013, 20:34   #1507
BHPian

with almost a lakh difference between ecoboost titanium and diesel titanium,ecoboost seems to be a good choice for people who have less than 30 kms commute per day
Old 26th June 2013, 20:40   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Received this from Lathangi Ford.

What is incidental expenses? - Rs 8000
Isn't extended warranty too expensive? Rs 10444
And essential pack? Puncture kit and key chain for Rs 4500?

Making hay when the sun shines?

Attachment 1102822

This is weird. The prices are different between dealers? Here's the document from Cauvery Ford, there is a different of ~8K.
I guess incidental expenses includes the 'charges' at the RTO
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-pricelist.jpg  

Gizmokid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 20:45   #1509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Also here comes the first shocker the Rear wheel cover is 11.5K
Add to that the painting charges.

From Ford's site -
Quote:
Function
  • To protect the spare wheel from theft, dust and damage
Feature
  • Elegant looking cover
  • Comes with Ecosport badging
  • Comes with special lock
  • Comes as primed and can be painted to Body colour / Silver colour
Benefit
  • Protects the spare wheel from dust and damage
  • Adds to the sporty look of the SUV
  • Lock provides additional security to the expensive alloy wheel
Dealer fitted Accessory only. Prices might change without notice and all prices are Ex-showroom Delhi
Old 26th June 2013, 20:49   #1510
Senior - BHPian

While the great amount of Euphoria being generated, I would like to post few observations with regard to last few "exciting" launches :

1) XUV5OO generated this kind of euphoria two years ago. Just because of single factor = pricing. - Also voted COTY by T-BHPians - It belongs to premium SUV category and offers 3 rows of seating. Novelty Factor being only vehicle in >10 Lac - <20 Lac
price bracket.

2) Then came Duster - same thing like XUV5OO - also COTY - belonged to Compact SUV category. Novelty factor - First (after Fusion) Compact real SUV to be offered, 5 seater. Comfortably beat Ertiga for COTY award. Was VFM when launched and gave people option to own a decent SUV (not Scorpioish kind butch) at lower price point.

3) Ertiga - Born to succeed but doesn't create excitement like other cars, due to the SUV crazy mentality. Lost to Duster for COTY.

4) Amaze - Also born to succeed as Honda+Diesel is sureshot recipe for success and the segment it is targeting is the one registering highest sales i.e. compact sedan. Also didn't create much excitement due to not being SUV. Will lose out to EcoSport for COTY.

5) EcoSport - Will walk away with COTY this year and rightly so and created how much excitement we all know.

Next big thing - IMHO as all the manufacturer's are preparing to offer compact SUVs within a year or so, be it MUL, Hyundai, Fiat, etc. I strongly believe that the SX4 based SUV has the potential to give EcoSport a run for its money as it looks stunning and its a Maruti.

Last edited by carwatcher : 26th June 2013 at 20:52.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 20:50   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats coolboy007, hope you get it soon! What is the final OTR price? Did you get the Delhi OTR pricelist from the dealer?
Thanks buddy, 3 months is what i was told so lets see, hope it turns up soon.
Yes i got the price list and am uploading it below. The final otr with their accessory crap and without extended warranty is 1002000, they didnt have the ext warranty price yet.
Name:  ForumRunner_20130626_204723.png
Views: 24718
Size:  573.4 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Do you have any idea on the waiting period on the EcoBoost? Or other variants?
They are quoting the same 3 months to every one, only the automatics are being given a long 4 to 6 months wait.

Another swift in the making, book it mid year, get the delivery next year.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 26th June 2013 at 20:51.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 20:55   #1512
BHPian

With Ford pricing the Ecosport aggressively, the market will also respond appropriately. It is only going to be better for us customers. Now when can we all expect slashing of prices across models by other manufacturers to counter the Ecosport especially when it eats across a wide range of sedans and premium hatches?
Old 26th June 2013, 20:55   #1513
BHPian

Fantabulous pricing. I went to Cauvery Ford for their launch program, and requested to upgrade my Titanium booking to Titanium(o). They seem to have received enormous bookings, and everyone from the SA to their Manager & GM spoke to me, and promised to try their best, but I am not too hopeful
Hope to get delivery early next week. Apparently they will have the allocation details by friday
Old 26th June 2013, 20:56   #1514
BHPian

Boy o boy! Ford's pricing of the Ecosport, following FIAT's lip-smacking pricing of the T-Jet, gives a feeling the Indian customer can no more be taken for granted.

Heck! Had Ford managed the release a good 6-12 months sooner, we wouldn't be sighting as many Dusters as we actually do.

TD time folks ... its the EcoBoost Titanium versus the Diesel Titanium.

Well done Ford, you really did undo Fusion and the nuo Fiesta (read fiasco), in one good shot!
Old 26th June 2013, 20:56   #1515
BHPian

Looks like the guys at VW are also following this thread closely and decided to come up with this . Who knows Swift/i20/Duster might also come up with discounts like this

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-vw-ad.jpg
aviorp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks