Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2016, 11:15   #10936
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Mod note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] or Edit original post to add reply. Thanks.

Hi Folks,

Two strange sightings on my Ecosport (36k kms done)

1. Yesterday in the evening while travelling back from office , my AC suddenly automatically set its temperature to "Hi" and throwing warm air.
This is a common an known issue in Ford it seems. My Figo also jumps to high temp when the AC is switched on, no workaround for this. Just set the desired temp and you are good to go.
Old 15th December 2016, 11:16   #10937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
This is a common an known issue in Ford it seems. My Figo also jumps to high temp when the AC is switched on, no workaround for this. Just set the desired temp and you are good to go.
And what about the auto turn-on of the AC? This has to be a sensor issue or something right?
Old 15th December 2016, 11:59   #10938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Went ahead and booked Ford Ecosport 1.5D Titanium. OTR 10.30 Lakhs in Cochin after free zero depreciation comprehensive insurance, free third year Extended Warranty with RSA and free essential accessory kit. Dealer has the vehicle in stock, make 10.11.2016 as per Form 22/VIN. Is this a good deal?
You may have some room for negotiating. I got the same model 3 weeks ago from Trivandrum at 10.19 lks OTR (Excluding Insurance). I did get Free 3rd Year Ex. Warranty with RSA and Free essential accessory kit as well.

Took Zero-dep Insurance by myself.
RobC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 13:57   #10939
BHPian

Quote:
Vehicle manufactured in Nov 2016 is ok right?
Ecosport is manufactured in ONLY in Chennai, so looking at November and the time taken for transit, it looks fresh off the line vehicle. What is the make of the tire? I got Good year.
Self Driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 14:44   #10940
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
Hello, Any idea where I can install good quality reverse parking camera in Bangalore ? Any recommended model/make and any accessory shops preferably in south Bangalore. Whenever I visit my in-laws place, the only option is to take a U-turn on a very narrow road and the reverse parking sensors only help a bit. I would like to add the camera so that the sensor functionality is retained. Thank You.
Why not pick up the reverse camera available at the dealer?

I got that fitted on mine, I believe a lot of others have the dealer-fitted as well; works perfectly in conjunction with the sensors. It fits snugly above the no. plate.

Only drawback is, you lose the day/night functionality of the mirror.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 15:28   #10941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
You may have some room for negotiating. I got the same model 3 weeks ago from Trivandrum at 10.19 lks OTR (Excluding Insurance).
Thanks for the reply. My quote Rs10.30 lakhs is including zero dep insurance, 3rd year warranty/RSA plus essential accessory kit. Seems a good deal right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Ecosport is manufactured in ONLY in Chennai, so looking at November and the time taken for transit, it looks fresh off the line vehicle. What is the make of the tire? I got Good year.
Thanks for the reply, was worried if Nov 10, 2016 was too old . As for the tires, am yet to check out, will update once I am able to.
Old 15th December 2016, 22:49   #10942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Why not pick up the reverse camera available at the dealer?

I got that fitted on mine, I believe a lot of others have the dealer-fitted as well; works perfectly in conjunction with the sensors. It fits snugly above the no. plate.

Only drawback is, you lose the day/night functionality of the mirror.
Thank you Libran. The only reason I was leaning over to third party was the cost. Can you give me an What is the approximate cost if fitted through the dealer ?
Old 16th December 2016, 13:23   #10943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
The rare hatch is something I have been facing constantly. What I understand from the others is that, this is something that we have to live with :(
Get yourself a WD-40 spray(Pidilite also has something similar), clean the hinges thoroughly using a dry cloth and spray all the hinges of rear door. The hatch shall be rattle free until you drive in a muddy/dusty road.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 16:56   #10944
BHPian

For my 2014 Ecosport AT, I am looking to install an after market vanity mirror, on the driver side sun visor. Wanted to check if any one has any recommendations.

I did try at a nearby shop and realised that sun visor on the EcoSport is very thick, so the "tongs" of the vanity mirror would not fit.

Perhaps there is an original sun visor with a vanity mirror for the driver side now available with Ford. In which case I will buy that.

Last edited by indusboy : 16th December 2016 at 16:56. Reason: typo
Old 17th December 2016, 10:46   #10945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Get yourself a WD-40 spray(Pidilite also has something similar), clean the hinges thoroughly using a dry cloth and spray all the hinges of rear door. The hatch shall be rattle free until you drive in a muddy/dusty road.

Thanks PrideRed. Will surely Give this a try and update
Old 19th December 2016, 13:22   #10946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Doesn't WD40 dissolve paint? This may lead to rusting over time and compound the problem. Try applying a little automotive grease to the hinges instead.
Old 19th December 2016, 13:36   #10947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Doesn't WD40 dissolve paint? This may lead to rusting over time and compound the problem. Try applying a little automotive grease to the hinges instead.
WD-40 is a lubricant. Here is a small description of the same:

"WD-40 is the trademark name of a lubricant, penetrating oil and water-displacing spray. This product has over thousands of uses in Industrial, automotive household, construction etc. It can clean [carbon deposits, gum, paint, rubber, cement, stickers, rust stains, dirt and rubber adhesives], Lubricates [steering mechanism, de-greaser], Removes [rust, stickers, loosens rusted bolts and displaces moisture], Fees [sticky mechanisms] and Stops squeaks.Application: multiple applications in household, automobiles and industrial. It can be used to clean or lubricate sparkplus, battery terminals, brakes disc & drum, door latches, bearings, bushes, chains, exhaust pipe, wire circuits, clutch plates, sticky drawers, removes crayons from walls, seat adjustment, wiper mechanism and other moving parts."

Grease will stop squeaks but the moment you travel through a dusty/mud road things get worse. Dust particles+ grease is a perfect recipe for awesome squeak .
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 22:58   #10948
BHPian

Did the pre-registration inspection of my Golden Bronze 1.5 Tdci today.
1. Odo shows 27kms done.
2. Goodyear assurance!!!
3. VIN MAJAXXMRKAGS77421, Nov 2016 make, 10-11-2016 as per Form 22.
4. Checked all around with t-bhp as well as few other PDI checklists, and no major issues prima facie.

Have finalised delivery on Saturday, will post pics then. As of now, in two minds whether to go for underbody treatment from Ford, they say it's some sort of rubberised coating by the brand name Diamond Brite. Is this any good?
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 01:13   #10949

Quote:
Did the pre-registration inspection of my Golden Bronze 1.5 Tdci today.
1. Odo shows 27kms done.
2. Goodyear assurance!!!
3. VIN MAJAXXMRKAGS77421, Nov 2016 make, 10-11-2016 as per Form 22.
4. Checked all around with t-bhp as well as few other PDI checklists, and no major issues prima facie.

Have finalised delivery on Saturday, will post pics then. As of now, in two minds whether to go for underbody treatment from Ford, they say it's some sort of rubberised coating by the brand name Diamond Brite. Is this any good?

How much is the on-road price and did you get any additional accessories?
Old 23rd December 2016, 02:17   #10950
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new ride.

Do not opt for the under body coating and the teflon coating (get this if offered for free) from dealership, take a pass. Its no good and just a way to milk more money from customers.

Get the under body protection + treatment for exhaust pipe from 3M store outside. Should cost you about 4-6k (don't recall exactly). Got mine done and its really worth it.
Eyas337 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks