Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 13:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Excellent review GTO. Nice chic looking car and excellent fit and finish.

Hyundai has taken the segments benchmark to another level for sure. For me, the sore thumb seems to be the pricing for the high end versions. The diesel version is almost close to 8lacs here in Bangalore!! Higher by 50-60k in my opinion.

And, safety features like ABS and airbags should have been optional in the Sportz version too.

@GTO: In your first post, in "what you wont" section, in the third point, did you mean to say Grand instead of i10? (folks may confuse with the old gen i10)

Rated well deserved 5 stars!!
flyingkolors is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 13:57   #17
BHPian

I agree 100% on the point of an AT Diesel in this segment.

Apart from BMW and Merc, no other manufacturer currently has that option.

People looking for a budget Diesel AT hatch will have a lot to look forward to. I myself would love to explore that option if its made available.

Hyundai, are you listening?

Cheers,
Yogesh.
Old 16th September 2013, 14:08   #18
BHPian

My personal opinion after taking a TD is that the car has all peppy features included but is missing something. I don't know what, something is missing. is it ride quality / handling / size, height /, slightly more power??? what is the missing element?
Was waiting for this review since the car was launched to understand that missing feel, still couldn't find the missing element.
Old 16th September 2013, 14:08   #19
BHPian

Great review as always, thanks a lot GTO!

The rear seat area of the car seems very similar to our 'old' i10, with the exception of the door pockets, which are sorely missed in our car.

The Grand i10 seems a fantastic quality product, but I feel Hyundai should have at least provided basic safety features starting from the Sportz variant. I feel that a rear wiper+defogger is an essential feature in a car. This alone, would almost convince me not to buy anything other that the Asta. They should also have provided at least a driver airbag in the Sportz variant, and remove some of the not so essential features, such as push-button start.

On the looks front, I find the EU i10 a lot more attractive. Also, I feel that there is no need for roof rails in a city hatch such as the i10.

P.S I find it surprising when integrated headrests in cars >40-50 lakh are considered sport but for lesser cars, they are considered as a cost saving measure.
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 14:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yet another well explained review. Grand i10 is looking good in terms of the features and spec. I liked everything except for the name "Grand" it sounds so artificial.

2nd row AC will be very appreciated by the "Shet" and the ladies. I also liked the way it is perfectly integrated. Something Renault could not achieve in a 14 lakh Duster !!

Quality of interiors and exteriors are both looking top notch. I feel a good option for those looking at Ritz(and few swift owners too).

On the other hand, what will happen to i20 sales ?
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 14:09   #21
BHPian

Excellent review by GTO, as always!

Rear looks similar to one of the Renault hatchback which was spotted being tested.

Hope Hyundai has also strengthened the body while extending the wheelbase.

And GTO, why no TBHP stickers on the test car??
amolbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 14:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great review GTO!
As I have stated elsewhere in a different thread - I believe the Kappa 1.2 old i10 is expected to be pulled from the market - only the 1.1 irde2 model should be around.
Damn my 2009 i10 feels ancient when compared to the Grand!
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 14:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the detailed review GTO !
We just bought a Honda Brio as we predicted that the mid variant of Grand i10 would be higher in price than mid variant of Brio (Bengaluru). You just made our predictions correct. That said, Hyundai's do make some brilliant cars and Grand i10 is no exception. I felt a bit sad that Airbags are available only in top-end version yet again. We Indians are so obsessed with gizmos like electronically folding and adjustable mirrors, rear power windows and built-in music systems that we can let go some life-saving features and manufacturers also consider it right.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 14:22   #24
BHPian

As usual, a brilliant review GTO.

Coming to the car, it definitely will give headaches to other car manufacturers. The exteriors and quality interiors look top notch and can certainly give cars 2 segments above tough competition. The space looks good and the feature list is impressive too, although i would have liked Auto AC in the top variant at least.
Hyundai has a winner on its hands. Beware Ritz, Beat, Polo.
manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 14:28   #25
BHPian

Again an awesome review GTO . You have captured the details wonderfully. Hats-off to you. The detailed explanation of the Diesel engine here will surely help the buyers to decide between the i10 diesel and swift/ritz diesel.
amiya.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 14:28   #26
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Here it is! The much awaited, full test-drive and review of the Hyundai Grand i10, and it was completely worth the wait. A comprehensive 5-star review that can only be expected from Team-BHP. The quality and attention to detail that Hyundai have offered on the Grand i10 are perfectly matched by the quality and attention to detail in this review! A BIG thank you, GTO! And to Stratos! And Ritesh as well!

What Hyundai have done with their latest car, is to set the bar higher. In athletic events like high jump and pole vault, the top athlete sets the bar quite high on his/her initial attempts. The other contestants struggle to clear this height and exhaust all their attempts in doing so. Then much to their disbelief and dismay, the top athlete goes on to set the bar even higher during the final attempt, and goes on to take the gold! The other athletes cannot match this, and are left to squabble among themselves to see who can take the silver and bronze. This is the best analogy that comes to my mind when I think of this car.

Hyundai have set the bar very high with their latest mainstream hatchback, and even if not in terms of monthly sales numbers, this is a potential gold medal performance when it comes to meeting (and even exceeding) almost all the customer's requirements in a B-segment hatchback, and delighting them in the process of doing so. I think this is what the Hyundai HQ in South Korea has asked of their guys in India. Becoming the no.1 in terms of earning customers' delight, if not in terms of sales numbers. And the Hyundai folks in India can get a pat on the back from HQ for managing to achieve precisely that with the Grand i10

I may risk sounding like a broken record, but my request to Hyundai still stays the same - bring on the automatic, and importantly, a Sportz(O) with driver's airbag, ABS and adjustable rear head-rests. A diesel automatic would be the icing on the cake!

Last edited by RSR : 16th September 2013 at 14:48.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 14:31   #27
BHPian

Super review GTO.
Power packed car! Hats off to Hyundai. This car gonna give the competition a run for their money.
Somehow I have become a fan of this car. Wish they give him little more power during next upgrade.
Well done Hyundai.
Old 16th September 2013, 14:37   #28

A very good review GTO! Excellent...
I test drove the car last week and I was bowled to see the interiors to say the least. The fit and finish and the quality speaks volumes about product development capabilities of Hyundai. The Kappa engine is among the best in the world right now for small petrol engines, but I did not like the 1.1 Diesel. It has been calibrated for city driving, take it to the highway and it sucks. The flat torque in the mid range is too good but raise it to higher revs and the lack of torque is evident. A six speed would have been better. The other thing is reliability. How reliable are Hyundais in the long run?
akileshsri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 14:46   #29
BHPian

Great review GTO!

This certainly is a well packaged car. It is time the tall boy i10 is being replaced by a more European style model. I am impressed by the features it is packed with and the price point also seems attractive. I did see one on the road last week (a test drive) in Bangalore and really liked the rear angle
Old 16th September 2013, 14:49   #30

Fantastic review GTO and team. I took a TD of the Grand i10 in diesel and found it good. However what put me off was a the sales executive who seemed uninterested in explaining features like the lane change indicator,. gear shift indicator, reset function on the steering etc. Also the TD I took lasted for roughly 15-20 mins with no highway and less than ideal city traffic (being Sunday afternoon on Ganpati Visarjan day).

I quite liked the interior packaging, suspension, the torque delivery and the SPACE.

Reason I held back booking: absolutely no schemes whatsoever (I dont mean discounts) and the restriction on the TD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks