Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2024, 13:00   #1546

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Hi all,

My family owns a 2014 Grand i10 AT which has run a measly 26,000 kms in the past decade, is due for its 10th year annual service in the coming weeks. Since we plan to retain the car for as long as possible, I was thinking to change the ATF on the car as we all know these fluids aren't made to last a lifetime and should be changed. There are some doubts on my mind and hope to hear your inputs on the same:

a) I don't know if the ASC is equipped or experienced enough with changing the ATF and I am not sure if they will even do it if asked. If anyone has done the ATF change on their Gi10 or any Hyundai in any of the ASC's in Hyderabad, please let me know

b) The car runs and shifts fine even with the old fluid in the transmission. Are there any risks involved when changing the ATF given that the car is old and has run very less?

Also is there any other preventive maintenance that I can do to make sure the car is running well for the foreseeable future?

Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 13:09   #1547

Need advice on fixing AC in my grand i10 (2017) petrol. Since 2022 summer we are AC related issues and Hyundai ASS (kun hyundai, gachibowli ) is not able to diagnose the issue properly. Looks like all they know is replacing ac filters. When i try to escalate the issue, they are asking me everytime to sit in the service center and personally supervise things. but the thing is i already spent few weekends in their super busy service center where we wait most of the time for just system entry, job card etc to get ready rather than mechanic actually looking at the issues. They are not even doing car wash properly leave about solving technical issues. only option is weekdays but with a tight work schedule and too many unexpected things happening in the extended family, i can't waste another day at their ASS unless if they actually work on AC issue but looking at the number of cars they are getting daily i don't have hope.

So, is there any competent Hyundai ASS or outside repair shop for this task you guys would suggest near gachibowli, Financial District, shaikpet areas? Also i want to get denting and painting to be done for the car but it is a secondary requirement.

The following are the issues
1) if the car travels in 5-10 minutes of rain then AC is throwing hot air instead of cool air. which is causing fogging off glasses and rendering the car unfit for travel in the rain.
2) AC performance gradually reduced since 2022 summer and now even in nights it is just throwing a slightly cool breeze (almost the same as outside air) even when it is in its lowest setting. In the afternoons, AC almost cuts off after 15-20 minutes and won't throw even this slight breeze when the 3-4 adults are traveling. performance is slightly better when only 1 or 2 ppl are in the car.

All these things started when we had a long trip of 5+hrs drive and next day we used car AC for 1-2 hours in parking without any roof and all this is in 43+ degrees temperatures.

Hyundai ASS resolutions:
March 2023: Said no leakages of AC coolant. No issues with any parts. Just replaced AC and air filters. Felt cooling is slightly improved but may be a placebo. After 3-4 weeks during the rain issue surfaced again but couldn't reachout to ASS due to a busy work schedule for a few months. by then winter started and somehow managed with the below par cooling.

March 2024: Again they said no leakages of AC coolant, No issues with ant parts except rat bite to auto cutoff wire which they fixed. this time they told ac filters are heavily clogged due to dirt and rat droppings. so again changed the filters (within 1 year). i wanted to test the performance in hot day time but they made me sit from morning to evening and handed over the car at 7 PM. They told they tested the car AC in day time by running for 30 minutes in hot sun and said things are working fine. I felt ac performace was slightly improved.
after few days was travelling with family (3 adults and 2 kids) in mid day within city when temperature around 38+, ac simply gave up after 15-20 minutes and we were all sweating up in the remaining journey. Since then day journeys have become torture for us.
Old 19th April 2024, 14:41   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius View Post
Need advice on fixing AC in my grand i10 (2017) petrol.
I had the exact same issue in the exact same variant of car. I put much effort - visiting multiple service centers and at the end a local mechanic near my home was able to fix it in 10 mins flat. He just adjusted the position of the AC thermister located near the clutch pedal. It is sealed with rubbed from the factory...he cut it open and pulled it out about an inch and held it there by tape. I used the car for another 2 years without any AC problems and then sold it off.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 17:51   #1549

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I had the exact same issue in the exact same variant of car. I put much effort - visiting multiple service centers and at the end a local mechanic near my home was able to fix it in 10 mins flat. He just adjusted the position of the AC thermistor located near the clutch pedal. It is sealed with rubbed from the factory...he cut it open and pulled it out about an inch and held it there by tape. I used the car for another 2 years without any AC problems and then sold it off.
Thanks for the info. In this video, thermistor for grand i10 is at glove box side. does the car have 2 thermistors?

Last edited by graaja : 19th April 2024 at 17:58. Reason: Minor typo: thermister -> thermistor

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks