Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2020, 15:47   #1426
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

O' BHPians of the grandi10 thread,

I've been having an oil leak ,a pretty minor one, but worrying nonetheless.
after a bit of driving, there are a few drops hanging off the oil filter.
And after parking overnight there are patches of oil on the ground.

THe car has gone to kun hyundai twice after but not fixed. returned and didnt take it back due to lockdown. car is now in workshop and they're working on it again. Brake pads and disks also being changed.

Has anyone else faced this problem regarding the oil leak?
It doesn't seem to go away.
Old 25th September 2020, 16:01   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
O' BHPians of the grandi10 thread,

I've been having an oil leak ,a pretty minor one, but worrying nonetheless.
after a bit of driving, there are a few drops hanging off the oil filter.
And after parking overnight there are patches of oil on the ground.

The car has gone to kun hyundai twice after but not fixed. returned and didnt take it back due to lockdown. car is now in workshop and they're working on it again. Brake pads and disks also being changed.

Has anyone else faced this problem regarding the oil leak?
It doesn't seem to go away.
Haven't faced it yet on my parent's car.

My best guess is that the threads of the oil pan and filter have gone bad due to age(?)/improper handling by service personnel.

If that is the case, they will take to lathe and have it redone, should be fairly easy fix.
Old 28th September 2020, 17:50   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_goyal2000 View Post
Probably not the correct thread, but still, here goes nothing..

My query pertains to need for a good Hyundai Service Centre in Delhi. I live in South Delhi. I own a 2016 Grand i10 Asta(O). The running in more than 4 years is around 20-21K Kms. It's a secondary car.

I'm aware that there's already a thread (Decent Hyundai Service Centre in Delhi/NCR) in the forum for this purpose. But looking at the last date of post as well as the outdated content, the thread seems as good as dead.

Yesterday, I went to renew PUC for my car, but the test failed with reason cited by the technician that the engine RPM's are not stable & Lambda value is elevated/more. The reason he stated was either an overdue vehicle service and/or vehicle not used for a long time. Well, he was correct for both the reasons cited.

I got my vehicle serviced 2 years ago at 13K Kms (3rd & last free service). And due to Covid-19 lockdown, the vehicle has been taken on road barely 10 times since March 2020. Regarding overdue vehicle service, like I mentioned earlier, the ODO's still at around 20-21K Kms since it's a secondary car and not much used. So around 7-8K running in more than 2 years.

Earlier, I used to get my Grand i10 serviced at Plaza Hyundai, Mathura Road, Delhi. Their service was nothing to boast about, but they used to get the job done. But apparently, the service centre shut down last year.

So I had a look at Hyundai India's service booking page and there were a few new Service Centres.

Being a novice about such stuff, I would like to know from my fellow BHPians where should I get my vehicle serviced, preferably in South Delhi itself. Safdarjung Service Station & Gymkhana Service Station are nearest to my residence, but don't know about their service.

Moreover, I would like to know about the unstable RPM's as well as elevated Lambda values and whether I should be concerned about them.

Would really like some guidance. Thanks.
Hello fellow BHPians,

My 2016 Grand i10 Asta(O) had been last run on 26-Aug-2020 with a failed PUC test (kindly see my earlier post above). Thereafter, me & my entire family were diagnosed with Covid-19, hence we were in quanrantine. So the car had not been used for an entire month.

Today on 28-Sept-2020, I needed to take out my car for a visit to the Doctor since my kid is suffering from Dengue fever. The door opened normally upon pressing the button on the handle.

But when I pressed the ignition button, the engine did not crank up. The stereo started as well the dashboard lit up. I've tried turning off and turning on the car numerous times, but the engine does not crank up. There are no specific lights blinking or any error messages/signals being thrown up.

The vehicle battery has never been changed since puchase in April 2016, with last vehicle service done in April 2018 with ODO reading 13K Kms. The battery of the Smart key was changed just prior to lockdown. The current ODO reading is 20K Kms. It's a secondary vehicle.

After coming out of quarantine, I was planning to get the vehicle serviced at HASS. But since the vehicle is not even starting, it's a peculiar situation.

I urgently need some expert advicec on this issue. Thanks.
Old 28th September 2020, 18:02   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
[b]But when I pressed the ignition button, the engine did not crank up. The stereo started as well the dashboard lit up. I've tried turning off and turning on the car numerous times, but the engine does not crank up. There are no specific lights blinking or any error messages/signals being thrown up.
Hello g_goyal sir, I wish you and your family a speedy recovery.

This is likely an issue with the battery not delivering adequate power to the start stop button. And the only solution is a battery replacement. I faced a similar issue two weeks ago when my car, a 2016 Asta (O), refused to start after I had parked it for a week.

You should call up Hyundai RSA and they'll send a mechanic who can jump start the vehicle. Once the jump start is done, the engine needs to run for close to an hour. That way you'll get around a month's time before you're able to replace the battery.

The RSA, a tie-up with Bajaj Allianz, will charge you Rs. 885 and roughly make you wait for an hour to send the mechanic. But this looks like the only plausible solution for now.
Old 28th September 2020, 18:22   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians,

My 2016 Grand i10 Asta(O) had been last run on 26-Aug-2020 with a failed PUC test (kindly see my earlier post above). Thereafter, me & my entire family were diagnosed with Covid-19, hence we were in quanrantine. So the car had not been used for an entire month.

After coming out of quarantine, I was planning to get the vehicle serviced at HASS. But since the vehicle is not even starting, it's a peculiar situation.

I urgently need some expert advicec on this issue. Thanks.
Firstly, I hope you and your family have recovered well.

- Does the stereo, horn, and light work? If it does, then press the smart key against the push button start

- If the electric accessories don't work, your car battery is most probably out; 4.5 years is a long time

- On the PUC front, do try another station till you can service your vehicles; fines are pretty high for those now
Old 3rd October 2020, 20:20   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
But when I pressed the ignition button, the engine did not crank up. The stereo started as well the dashboard lit up. I've tried turning off and turning on the car numerous times, but the engine does not crank up. There are no specific lights blinking or any error messages/signals being thrown up.
I’ve faced this issue twice till date. Mine is a 2018 make.

In both the occasions, everything dependant on the battery was working normally and the dashboard showed no warnings. I’ve noticed that the engine was cranking, but was not sufficient to start the engine. I’ve kept the car in neutral and depressed the accelerator pedal fully and tried to start the vehicle. This worked in both the occasions. I made the service advisor aware of this during my regular service. They shrugged this off as bad quality fuel. I don’t know if this a common issue with i10s. Please try if it worked for you.
Old 4th October 2020, 11:28   #1432
BHPian

My 2017 Grand i10 Sportz Auto has developed a peculiar problem.

For the Up/Down button adjascent to the Mode button, only the Down button is working.
Trying to avoid visiting the service center as a precation from Covid.

Is this an issue which can be resolved by a DIY or do I need to take it to the service center/FNG?
Old 4th October 2020, 20:53   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhineet Singh View Post
My 2017 Grand i10 Sportz Auto has developed a peculiar problem.

For the Up/Down button adjascent to the Mode button, only the Down button is working.
Trying to avoid visiting the service center as a precation from Covid.

Is this an issue which can be resolved by a DIY or do I need to take it to the service center/FNG?
When did you start noticing it ? Is it a recurrent issue or you just faced it once? I had faced a similar issue two years back when I was driving for about 3 and a half to four hours with the music on and intensely using the volume buttons as well as seek buttons on the steering. It so happened that the volume buttons and the up/down buttons reversed their respective function. I thought my steering buttons went kaput after prolonged usage. Later when I swtiched off the vehicle and restarted, the problem disappeared. Since then no issues with the button as such.
fazonater1911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 21:47   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
When did you start noticing it ? Is it a recurrent issue or you just faced it once?
The issue has been persistent for a few weeks now. I have tried a reset of the infotainment system but the glitch remains.
Old 6th October 2020, 10:12   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Hello g_goyal sir, I wish you and your family a speedy recovery.

This is likely an issue with the battery not delivering adequate power to the start stop button. And the only solution is a battery replacement. I faced a similar issue two weeks ago when my car, a 2016 Asta (O), refused to start after I had parked it for a week.

You should call up Hyundai RSA and they'll send a mechanic who can jump start the vehicle. Once the jump start is done, the engine needs to run for close to an hour. That way you'll get around a month's time before you're able to replace the battery.

The RSA, a tie-up with Bajaj Allianz, will charge you Rs. 885 and roughly make you wait for an hour to send the mechanic. But this looks like the only plausible solution for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Firstly, I hope you and your family have recovered well.

- Does the stereo, horn, and light work? If it does, then press the smart key against the push button start

- If the electric accessories don't work, your car battery is most probably out; 4.5 years is a long time

- On the PUC front, do try another station till you can service your vehicles; fines are pretty high for those now
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
I’ve faced this issue twice till date. Mine is a 2018 make.

In both the occasions, everything dependant on the battery was working normally and the dashboard showed no warnings. I’ve noticed that the engine was cranking, but was not sufficient to start the engine. I’ve kept the car in neutral and depressed the accelerator pedal fully and tried to start the vehicle. This worked in both the occasions. I made the service advisor aware of this during my regular service. They shrugged this off as bad quality fuel. I don’t know if this a common issue with i10s. Please try if it worked for you.
Thanks for the wishes & blessings and prompt replies. I apologize I could not post an update earlier.

My kid is okay now & is in recovery. Thankfully, the need to hospitalize him did not arise. Past week had been very hectic. Can't imagine how we would've managed had there not been another car in the family, but thankfully there is.

I have an RSA from TATA AIG. Called them up and they gave me an ETA of around 2 hours. I declined since I park my car more than half a KM from my home due to parking constraints in my locality and I wasn't going to sit/stand around for 2 hours in summer heat.

I checked the headlights as well as the horn. They both were working. I even tried depressing the pedal while trying to start the car. But the engine still does not crank up.

Had a chat with a local car mechanic and he too concurred that it's been more than 4 years and battery need to be changed. As for the working headlights, horn, dashboard, stereo system, etc., he said that battery must have some residual charge left but not enough to crank up the engine. Sounds weird.

Anyway, have decided to change the car battery. If not already, in next 6 months, the battery might go kaput. Current factory fitted battery is Amaron. Should I again go with Amaron or some other brand such as Exide or Luminous? Any specific model I should choose?

Kindly advise. Thanks.
Old 6th October 2020, 11:26   #1436
BHPian

Estimate on service charges for 2013 Grand i10

Hello everyone,

I have recently taken possession of my brother-in-law's 2013 Grand i10 Asta (manual petrol). It's been maintained very well indeed, and has clocked about 40,000 KM.

The car had barely run from 2018 (which was when the previous service was done) upto 6 months ago. It has since been driven for about 5000 KM.

Trident Hyundai, Bengaluru, has given the following estimate for the routine service. I would like to know if these are applicable and the charges appropriate. I have come across a few posts where dealers upsell quite a bit while performing such periodic maintenance and would like to avoid being another casualty to such tactics.

Air cleaner/filter......................Rs. 300
Engine oil...............................Rs. 1102
Engine oil filter........................Rs. 250
Climate control air filter............Rs. 650
Fuel filter................................Rs. 400
Engine coolant.........................Rs. 500
Spark plugs.............................Rs. 450
Brake oil.................................Rs. 250
Manual transmission.................Rs. 400
Engine belts.............................Rs. 1500
Total parts...............................Rs. 5802
Total (including labour charges)..Rs. 8500 (as per their estimate)

Is the above maintenance drill regular for this car when run to 40,000KM? Is there anything I need to be wary off? Should I get estimates from other service centers too?

Please let me know.

Thank you for your guidance.
Old 6th October 2020, 13:16   #1437
BHPian

Re: Estimate on service charges for 2013 Grand i10

Hi. Most of the parts seem sensible for 40,000 km service, also considering that the car is not serviced for around 2 years or more. You can also have a look in the service book if you have it.

What exactly is "Manual Transmission"?

Also, Engine belts normally don't need replacement at 40,000 km.

Other than these two, I don't see anything else out of ordinary. Spark plugs, coolant, brake oil etc are required to be changes at 40,000 km for most (petrol) cars.

Last edited by fazayal : 6th October 2020 at 13:19. Reason: Typo
fazayal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 13:28   #1438
BHPian

Thanks for your response.

There is a service calculator of Hyundai that lists these headings (https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...ice-calculator). "Manual Transmission" is one item.

I took this list to Trident Hyundai and asked them to fill up charges against the relevant headings.

Let me ask them what "Manual Transmission" is.
dearchichi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 13:49   #1439
Senior - BHPian

The service charges seem reasonable. At the most, you'll be able to skip the spark plugs and engine belts (check manual for replacement interval).

Also, check the break up of labour cost. Say, this manual transmission costs Rs400. The labour charges for its service could be much more.

Lastly, I think it would be fair to go ahead with this estimate and service part replacements. It will give you peace of mind in the long run. Congratulations on your new acquisition. Wishing you countless happy miles of ownership.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 14:21   #1440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
Spark plugs.............................Rs. 450
Brake oil.................................Rs. 250
Manual transmission.................Rs. 400
Engine belts.............................Rs. 1500

Please let me know.

Thank you for your guidance.
All the above is most likely not required. The best way is to simply refer to your owner manual and see what all items Hyundai recommends to change at the 40k km service. One discrepancy would be that the service centre would be likely going by the age of the car and following the service requirement at the end of 7 years. You may be looking at the odometer value and referring to that column. Assuming that your car has a 10k km service interval, as per the service centre they are doing the service as per 7 years/70k kms mark.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks