Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2021, 10:02   #1471

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

The clutch plate issue is something I have been hearing a lot on the grandi10. Will reserve for others to chime in whether any one has managed to get it covered under warranty. However, you may want to try with just changing the clutch cable and see before changing the whole assembly. It worked for me. Actually, they wanted me to change the whole assembly even though I requested them to check the wire first and finally I gave the go ahead but later they changed only the wire as they did not have clutch assembly stock.
trichy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 10:48   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichy View Post
However, you may want to try with just changing the clutch cable and see before changing the whole assembly. It worked for me. Actually, they wanted me to change the whole assembly even though I requested them to check the wire first and finally I gave the go ahead but later they changed only the wire as they did not have clutch assembly stock.
If you do that then everything wears out at different times and you wind up stripping the clutch three or four times. Labour is expensive so you will wind up paying more than if you change the entire set at one go. Don’t ride the clutch and it’s quite fine.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 14:25   #1473
BHPian

I am having a very peculiar issue with my remote car keys, when I try to open my car after an extended period (say about 12 hours) using the push button lock on the handle, it does not open and even the remote unlock does not work.

So I have to manually open the car with the key and then quickly switch on the car by pressing the remote against the push-button start since the security alarm is going off.

BUT, after driving for a few minutes, the remote, push start button and the handle button starts working as normal. What could be the issue here?

I was thinking it could be low battery on the key, but then it shouldn't magically start functioning as normal after sometime.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by sibot : 7th February 2021 at 14:26.
Old 8th February 2021, 11:22   #1474
BHPian

Seems like a low battery issue, but of the car battery.
Kindly have that inspected, if Exide you can call the Batmobile Service or your local battery guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I am having a very peculiar issue with my remote car keys, when I try to open my car after an extended period (say about 12 hours) using the push button lock on the handle, it does not open and even the remote unlock does not work.

So I have to manually open the car with the key and then quickly switch on the car by pressing the remote against the push-button start since the security alarm is going off.

BUT, after driving for a few minutes, the remote, push start button and the handle button starts working as normal. What could be the issue here?

I was thinking it could be low battery on the key, but then it shouldn't magically start functioning as normal after sometime.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by neofromcapone : 8th February 2021 at 11:23. Reason: typo
Old 9th February 2021, 17:46   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
My grand i10 2017 petrol MT went for regular service in November, in the invoice in the pending jobs section they mentioned clutch hard. After that in regular driving, I also feel clutch to be slight hard. The service advisor told me that it would cost me about 9k + tax (I am unable to recall the exact amount) and it won't be covered in warranty being a wear & tear part. But car has run only 12k kms, should a clutch get hard at this milage & shouldn't Hyundai repair it being a quality issue?
The grand i10 seems to be notorious for a hard clutch. I recently had to get my clutch plates replaced and I got it done from the FNG for about 4.5k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Seems like a low battery issue, but of the car battery.
Kindly have that inspected, if Exide you can call the Batmobile Service or your local battery guy.
Thanks for responding! I decided to change the key battery on one of the keys and it seems to be working fine for now. Will test it out for a few more days and report back.
Old 11th February 2021, 10:20   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
My grand i10 2017 petrol MT went for regular service in November, in the invoice in the pending jobs section they mentioned clutch hard. After that in regular driving, I also feel clutch to be slight hard. The service advisor told me that it would cost me about 9k + tax (I am unable to recall the exact amount) and it won't be covered in warranty being a wear & tear part. But car has run only 12k kms, should a clutch get hard at this milage & shouldn't Hyundai repair it being a quality issue?
Same here.
I got my 2016 Grand i10 Asta(O)'s First Free Service done in June-July 2016 at Elroy Hyundai, Okhla wherein they managed to probably damage or swap the clutch assembly with a bad one.
Plaza Hyundai, Mathura Road (Now Closed) also did nothing to rectify the same during (2nd & 3rd free) during base warranty period.
Shuban Sai Hyundai, Sarita Vihar, Mathura Road also did nothing to rectify the same during (4th & paid) during extended warranty period.

This was my very first Hyundai and probably my last.
Old 11th February 2021, 10:31   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_goyal2000 View Post
Same here.
I got my 2016 Grand i10 Asta(O)'s First Free Service done in June-July 2016 at Elroy Hyundai, Okhla wherein they managed to probably damage or swap the clutch assembly with a bad one.
Plaza Hyundai, Mathura Road (Now Closed) also did nothing to rectify the same during (2nd & 3rd free) during base warranty period.
Shuban Sai Hyundai, Sarita Vihar, Mathura Road also did nothing to rectify the same during (4th & paid) during extended warranty period.

This was my very first Hyundai and probably my last.
Yes, I also feel that something fishy happened during the service as clutch was fine before service, most likely my car was used as donor car and it's clutch assembly was swapped. Even the SA before taking in my car for service asked me whether I would be staying for duration of service, I said no I will leave and come back to pick the car. I believe now it is must that we stay with our cars during service.
Old 14th February 2021, 14:31   #1478
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if the rear parcel tray of i10 will fit grand i10? I am looking for second hand parcel tray for grand i10 and someone is selling i10 parcel tray. He lives far from my place so not able to take my car there to check in person.
Old 14th February 2021, 14:53   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Any idea if the rear parcel tray of i10 will fit grand i10? I am looking for second hand parcel tray for grand i10 and someone is selling i10 parcel tray. He lives far from my place so not able to take my car there to check in person.
No. It does not fit.

I10 parcel tray design is different from grand i10 (till 2016) parcel tray design and it is different from grand i10 parcel tray design (2017) and it is different from grand i10 neo design

One doesn't fit other. If you still have questions, you may check the width specs of i10, grand i10, nio and verify all are different

Last edited by gkveda : 14th February 2021 at 15:16.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 23:24   #1480
Senior - BHPian

I am having 2014 sportz model. While the car runs butter smooth, I am not very comfortable about the braking. There is lot of bite and car brakes quite abruptly specially at lower speeds. I get my car serviced very regularly at authorized service center and almost every time they change brake pads etc. When I complain about sudden braking issue, the SA usually says it is how the ABS supposed to be at lower speeds. I do not buy that because the ABS function should be exactly opposite to what I experience. Not sure if the ABS system is not working properly. Anyone has experience this issue and found a solution, please share your feedback.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 01:35   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
I am having 2014 sportz model. While the car runs butter smooth, I am not very comfortable about the braking. There is lot of bite and car brakes quite abruptly specially at lower speeds. I get my car serviced very regularly at authorized service center and almost every time they change brake pads etc. When I complain about sudden braking issue, the SA usually says it is how the ABS supposed to be at lower speeds. I do not buy that because the ABS function should be exactly opposite to what I experience. Not sure if the ABS system is not working properly. Anyone has experience this issue and found a solution, please share your feedback.
I also have a 2014 Sportz 1.1 CRDI. I don't think this variant has an ABS. Can you please recheck (or may be some optional version came later that year). The brake bite is a regular thing for initial sometime as you start your car but it becomes normal subsequently.
You don't need to change brake pads on all service occasions. Brake cleaning is a must but not replacement. Please check the car manual on that part and see if the dealership is not fleecing you.
Also, try this - as you ignite the car in the morning, gently push brake pedal 2-3 times. That will allow the brake oil to lubricate adequately and can help you with softer brake performance.
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 09:27   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Your car unlikely has ABS as it is a Sportz variant. But Grand i10 of that vintage is usually known for that strong bite while braking. I remember even GTO mentioning this in his review. Even my car is a 2014 Grand i10 and has the same experience while braking and it is just a matter of getting used to by feathering the brake pedal and reducing that strong jerk while braking.
fazonater1911 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 12:07   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Oh ok. I was under impression that my car has ABS and it is malfunctioning for some reason. Thanks for info @fazonater1911 and @ShankarG. Let me follow your suggestions and see if it makes a difference.
Old 1st March 2021, 10:46   #1484

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If you do that then everything wears out at different times and you wind up stripping the clutch three or four times. Labour is expensive so you will wind up paying more than if you change the entire set at one go. Don’t ride the clutch and it’s quite fine.
Thanks. But, already changed the cable in Dec-20 before your message and so far things have been good. Will plan to change the whole set next time
Old 1st March 2021, 10:50   #1485

Was driving from Kochi to Puducherry yesterday and the cooling effect of the AC was great from till about 11:30 AM. From 11:30 till 3:30 PM, the heat became unbearable and had to resort to switch off the windows and keep the windows open. After 3:30 PM, we were able to again switch on the AC after closing the windows and it was chilling again. Is this due to the design limitation of the AC or any issue with the AC of my 5.5 years old car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks