Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2019, 16:30   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Hyundai is killing two of it's own birds with the Nios launch! Bird No 1 will be the Santro which isn't as good a success as expected and Bird No 2 would be the Elite i20/Active: which has become a little long in the tooth and short on space compared to the competition.
Old 29th August 2019, 14:03   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Finally got an armrest for my car. It is black, has felt lining storage, has cutout for handbrake and rear ac vent.
Most importantly it is a slip on accessory. No drilling.

Sourced by a friend from a shop near Indirapuram.
Hi, need this type of hand rest for a friend in Bangalore. Can you mention the shop name or number. Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 11:09   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_machine View Post
Hi, need this type of hand rest for a friend in Bangalore. Can you mention the shop name or number. Thanks
I don't have any details of the supplier. However, I know this is a very common accessory nowadays. Just ask around for a wooden armrest in the car market of your area.
Old 7th September 2019, 19:09   #1384
BHPian

Guys, I have a Grand10 Sportz variant which I purchased in 2014 . My total running in the 5 years of ownership (until Jan 2019) has been 9000 kms
This is because I have been a sailor last 15 years and only from January this year shifted to a shore job which has me now driving daily to and from office.
I was looking for an AT and thought the Nios will be a good replacement .But as Hyundai strategy goes, the equivalent Nios Spotrz dosent even come with a push button start which my current grand has. The second key isnt even fully remote. I'm unsure if request lock/unlock is there on the door handles. Also as everyone knows the AT isnt available in the top variant
I also sorely miss extendable head rests and rear wiper/ wash. All this is making me want to stick with current grand which has now clocked 12500 on the ODO (Sept 2019) and feel the running is too less to change the car.
I would like to shift to an AT by January 2020 when the car becomes 6 yrs old.
My other car , the XUV is also manual and not very practical for daily Bombay city driving.
Would appreciate any suggestions.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2019 at 04:22. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 20:38   #1385
BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20190907_193923.jpg

Went through the most needed upgrade that I had kept planned for my Grand i10 since a long time. While the stock 165/65 R14 Goodyear tyres didn't give me any problems or made me face any nervous situations in my 45k kilometres and 2.4 years journey till now, in the back of my mind I always knew this car could do much better with bigger and better tyres. Also, this is my first tyre upgrade so I was all ears of hearing options from everyone. A very close friend of mine and BHPian Chiranjitp strongly suggested upgrading to Michelin Energy XM2 tyres after he used them in his Punto 75 and was all praises for the tyres. Per tyre cost was Rs. 5000 for the upsized 175/65 R14 tyres and alignment and other necessities were provided for free.

Did almost 500kilometres after the upgrade, here are the few things that I noticed with respect to the car itself:

1) The most important and primary reason for the upgrade, the handling. It has improved and by a huge margin. While the Grand i10 is not a corner carver by any means, still the tyres have given the necessary confidence needed in tackling the twisties and the car holds it's ground maturely even in the hills and doesn't overshoot lanes like before.

2) The tyre noise has reduced greatly. Below 100KMPH of speed, only engine and wind noise his heard. You know the tyres are good when you drive a Hyundai and you are hearing the engine noise more than the tyre noise

3) The ride quality has also improved noticeably, though I was always satisfied with the Grand i10s ride quality, but more is always better.

4) Aesthetically, the wheel wells look more occupied now than before giving the car a better overall stance.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the upgrade and would suggest it to those looking for an upgrade. Also, since this is my first tyre purchase, I might've missed products from other brands that provide more for less. Still, there's always time to experience more.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20190907_193945.jpg
A parting shot of the Korean beauty.

Last edited by Tanveer02 : 7th September 2019 at 20:45.
Tanveer02 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 13:14   #1386

Dear BHPians,

I have recently purchased Grand i10 (Fiery Red) from Dee Emm hyundai, Gurgaon after having covered many smiling miles on my Ikon 1.3.

Grand i10 with the discounts being offered and the comfort it provided in terms of features, interiors, cushy ride on rough roads and a peppy 1.2 L engine was definitely a VFM proposition and hence was the obvious choice for a new car.

I took the delivery of the car on 02 October and am pretty much satisfied with the choice. However, there is one issue which makes me feel whether the choice was right?

I am experiencing very bumpy feel at the rear. Even on highways, all the minor undulations can be felt. This started as soon as I picked the car from the showroom and hit the highway. However, no issues while passing through potholes. I have checked the tire pressure and have set it to the recommended 33psi. I have no clue why I am facing this issue on a brand new car?

Really worried. Would request the opinion of fellow Grandi10 owners on whether the issue is car specific or is commonly observed on all i10s. Also, any help in sorting out this issue will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Old 4th October 2019, 14:46   #1387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelIKON View Post
Dear BHPians,
I have recently purchased Grand i10 (Fiery Red) from Dee Emm hyundai, Gurgaon after having covered many smiling miles on my Ikon 1.3.
Wow you had one good car there in the Ikon. Brings a smile by just looking at it! Even before driving. Driving one, brings the devil out of the driver .
Congratulations on the new acquisition & welcome to the forum. A wonderful car the i10. Red looks very sharp. Especially on a sunny day, it really is a beautiful colour for the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelIKON View Post
I am experiencing very bumpy feel at the rear. Even on highways, all the minor undulations can be felt. This started as soon as I picked the car from the showroom and hit the highway. However, no issues while passing through potholes. I have checked the tire pressure and have set it to the recommended 33psi. I have no clue why I am facing this issue on a brand new car?
Santro and then the various generations of i10 have been bumpy on highways and undulations. I drive my father in law's next Gen i10 often & the experience is identical since day 1 of ownership. With the Grand i10 some of it was rectified owing to its revised chassis and dimensions. But as far as my little experience with the Grand goes - it was still bumpy and highway undulations were quite annoying if coming from a larger/heavier/longer car.

Brand new car suspensions tend to be a bit stiffer & need to "settle" a bit with use over a couple of months is what I have experienced. At the end of the day, the perception of bumpy ride is very subjective for each individual. Some may find a ride compliant and others may find the same like a road roller. The best way for your peace of mind is to simply find another owner in your friend circle. Or take another test drive at a dealership & take it on the highway. Sit on the back and ask the sales fellow to drive. See if these different units give any different experience than your car.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th October 2019 at 14:58.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 22:34   #1388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Brand new car suspensions tend to be a bit stiffer & need to "settle" a bit with use over a couple of months is what I have experienced. At the end of the day, the perception of bumpy ride is very subjective for each individual. Some may find a ride compliant and others may find the same like a road roller. The best way for your peace of mind is to simply find another owner in your friend circle. Or take another test drive at a dealership & take it on the highway. Sit on the back and ask the sales fellow to drive. See if these different units give any different experience than your car.
Thanks Reinhard. That was reassuring. I'll let it run for a few kms and then observe again.

Yes, negotiated hard with the dealer for the Red colour and it feels this car looks the best in this colour. Will post some pics of the Ikon and the Grand shortly.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2019 at 23:21. Reason: Quote trimmed.
TravelIKON is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 17:05   #1389
AAD
BHPian

Hello,

I am looking to buy Grand i10 NIOS Asta Manual version in Mumbai. Any suggestions on best dealer with good service back up for Western Suburbs that I should consider? And how does this compare with the new Swift in terms of safety, features, performance etc.? Our usage will primarily be in Mumbai City and the monthly run will not exceed 100-150 kms.

Also, are any discounts being offered on the top end model as of now? Swift is available with mouth watering discounts so am in a bit of a bind as to which way to go.

A quick answer from any of you will help me take a quick decision on this. The other car I was considering earlier was Suzuki Ignis but have now dropped the idea.
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:03   #1390
BHPian

Grand i10 owners, can you help me.understand what this indication means. Started appearing on the screen since last week
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-collagemaker_20191123_120141416.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2019, 13:30   #1391
BHPian

I don't know what it means, I would like some one to shed some information on it to.
What I know is that it can be changed by pressing the Trip button on the steering wheel

Also this in the review - Link (Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review)

Also when the key is turned to ignition, there are ~8 chimes.
Why are those chimes?
Should one wait till those chimes are done and then fire up the car?
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 17:50   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Grand i10 owners, can you help me.understand what this indication means. Started appearing on the screen since last week
It's the average speed of the vehicle since you last resetted it. Other options available when you press the trip button are time of travel since last reset and trip meters A and B.

Last edited by fazonater1911 : 23rd November 2019 at 17:52. Reason: Incomplete information
fazonater1911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 09:09   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got it checked at Hyundai. While they accepted the noise isn't normal, they had little idea what it could be.
Any update on this? Even my 46k driven Grand i10 makes tak-tak noise at very low speed when steering is rotated in either direction (noticeable specially while taking out car from basement parking).
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 10:24   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Any update on this? Even my 46k driven Grand i10 makes tak-tak noise at very low speed when steering is rotated in either direction (noticeable specially while taking out car from basement parking).
Living with the sound since a long time now. Last service they made a huge mess while taking out the dash/ steering just to clean to the clock spring, after which they said "maybe" replacement of it will fix it. I didn't replace.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 16:01   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Living with the sound since a long time now.
I got it fixed.

My FNG immediately diagnosed it after a test drive in a quite parking lot. He told me that he will remove the front shock absorbers and grease them. In worst case, we need to change linkers (???).

So after test drive, he removed front shock absorbers and ruled out the need to change linkers.

The job took less than one hour. We went for test drive to the same place and there was no kat-kat sound.

I know it is too early but I will update this thread if it the sound comes comes back.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks