Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 19:21   #1306
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Finally got an armrest for my car. It is black, has felt lining storage, has cutout for handbrake and rear ac vent.
Most importantly it is a slip on accessory. No drilling.

Sourced by a friend from a shop near Indirapuram.
Looks purposeful! Any idea where we can source it in Chennai? Being a slip-on accessory, is it sturdy enough on our pot-hole filled roads?
Old 31st October 2018, 19:28   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramji_or View Post
Looks purposeful! Any idea where we can source it in Chennai? Being a slip-on accessory, is it sturdy enough on our pot-hole filled roads?
I have the same one in our Grand i10 and the armrest being a snug fit one, does not move or rattle on bad roads.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 20:37   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
I have the same one in our Grand i10 and the armrest being a snug fit one, does not move or rattle on bad roads.
Can you share pictures of yours? Just curious
Old 31st October 2018, 21:05   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Can you share pictures of yours? Just curious
Here's the link to the pictures from my ownership thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4107709 (Our White Knight - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2)

I have a installed a similar armrest on our Figo as well. As these are custom made for different car models, they fit well without any rattling or any other issues.
Old 31st October 2018, 22:00   #1310
BHPian

Has anyone tried replacing the gear oil with a better quality one? Does it help in the reverse gear issue as i read a post by a user that changing it to shell helped him a lot. Also is this a complex job or can i go to some FNG for this?
Old 9th November 2018, 17:31   #1311
BHPian

Anyone knows which bulb type is used in the position lights in the 2015 model? I guess T10 but just want to confirm before ordering LED replacements.
Old 17th November 2018, 08:38   #1312
BHPian

My 2014 Grand i10 is giving a tough time to me, and a challenge to my Octavia in terms of unreliability.

Around 20 days back, my car AC gave up, the blowers were working, but no cool air was coming out. The FNG all our cars visit diagnosed it as Gas leakage and topped it up. The AC started working fine, albeit a very mellow hissing sound which came up shortly after running sometime.

Last night, it gave up again. I contacted the FNG and they suggested that they need to open up the front and the dashboard to check for any issue with internal components.

I'll be sending my car again on Monday for initiating full repairs. Does anyone have any idea regarding what the possible fault could be?

My car about going to be 5 soon, but has covered only 22K total kms (100% city)..
Old 18th November 2018, 07:10   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
My 2014 Grand i10 is giving a tough time to me, and a challenge to my Octavia in terms of unreliability.

Around 20 days back, my car AC gave up, the blowers were working, but no cool air was coming out. The FNG all our cars visit diagnosed it as Gas leakage and topped it up. The AC started working fine, albeit a very mellow hissing sound which came up shortly after running sometime.

Last night, it gave up again. I contacted the FNG and they suggested that they need to open up the front and the dashboard to check for any issue with internal components.

I'll be sending my car again on Monday for initiating full repairs. Does anyone have any idea regarding what the possible fault could be?

My car about going to be 5 soon, but has covered only 22K total kms (100% city)..
My Grand i10 diesel of 2014 had similar issues at around 60k (currently around 75k). Topping up of the gas did not solve the issue. It was later found out by a FNG to be a faulty evaporator coil. Got it replaced by the same FNG for Rs. 10k including labour. This has been working fine since last one year. If your car is out of warranty I suggest u to show at a good ac garage than show in Hyundai where they do not have much idea about the car's internals. They are only competent to do regular oil change and regular service related issues. This has been my experience so far with Hyundai in Mysore and Bangalore.

For details about my similar issues I had posted previously in the ac thread as well as here in this thread.

I hope it helps you.

Thank you.
fazonater1911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 20:17   #1314
BHPian

A peculiar problem has occurred in our Dec 2017 Sportz (Auto), which has run about 6K odd kms till now. The airbag indicator (driver's I believe), which ideally goes-off after few seconds of starting the car, remains ON all the time now! Have checked the fuses and found them intact.
Googling on the net revealed few owners reporting the same, which was diagnosed to an seat-belt pre-tensioner issue. However, upon visiting the HASS, I was informed that it is a common problem (not model specific), which they remove in a diagnostics check, essentially just remove the airbag module error via an OBD scan.

Has anyone faced this issue; want to understand the probable causes and how was it resolved?!
Old 20th November 2018, 22:58   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Has anyone faced this issue; want to understand the probable causes and how was it resolved?!
Not Grand i10, but I had similar problem in my 2009 i10.
Please get the service center guys do a thorough check using G scan tool to find out the root cause.
In my case, it was a faulty SRSCM (airbag control module) which was replaced under warranty.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 23:20   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
A peculiar problem has occurred in our Dec 2017 Sportz (Auto), which has run about 6K odd kms till now. The airbag indicator (driver's I believe), which ideally goes-off after few seconds of starting the car, remains ON all the time now! Have checked the fuses and found them intact.
Googling on the net revealed few owners reporting the same, which was diagnosed to an seat-belt pre-tensioner issue. However, upon visiting the HASS, I was informed that it is a common problem (not model specific), which they remove in a diagnostics check, essentially just remove the airbag module error via an OBD scan.

Yes, faced the same issue but in Fluidic Verna. Check out this link (My Commuter - Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel. EDIT, now remapped!).

Initially, they tried the same thing - reset through OBD but after some time it showed up again. So had to get the part replaced. In my case it was a pothole which caused the issue.

Last edited by batish : 20th November 2018 at 23:21. Reason: Link wasn't working
Old 21st November 2018, 07:56   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Around 20 days back, my Grand i10's AC gave up, the blowers were working, but no cool air was coming out. The FNG all our cars visit diagnosed it as Gas leakage and topped it up. The AC started working fine, albeit a very mellow hissing sound which came up shortly after running sometime.
Does your car have Auto AC? If yes, get the Expansion Valve in AC Compressor checked.
Similar problem had occurred in our Elite i20 Diesel (the AC was blowing warm air inspite of setting correct temperature). After replacing the same, the AC was back to normal.
After replacing the Expansion Valve, you have to refill the gas.

Also you have mentioned hissing sound. Did the AC guy perform vacuum check before filling new gas?

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 21st November 2018 at 07:58.
Old 8th December 2018, 18:44   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
My Grand i10 diesel of 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Does your car have Auto AC? If yes, get the Expansion Valve in AC Compressor checked.
Sorry for not updating earlier.
The FNG guy fixed the issue. Turned out there was a piping fault in the engine bay from where the gas had leaked, which was replaced thereafter. I was busy atm, so couldn't pry more relevant details.

Last edited by theMAG : 9th December 2018 at 18:54. Reason: Typo fixed. "their"="there"
Old 11th December 2018, 19:39   #1319
BANNED

Hyundai i10 issue

Bought a new i10 Asta model(Petrol) in 2015. In my opinion car engine is amazing for small run but all the premium features sucks.

Now the problem is that four months ago the music system button on steering started creating problem For ex:- by clicking volume up button the system is minimizing the volume, Mode button not working, mute button sometime work sometime not.

When it is shown to Deep Hyundai Mangolpuri(Delhi) they said it is because of carbon deposit so they cleaned it up and it started working only for few days.

But three months back the problem started in Engine start stop button, i had to press the button hard to get it started but after visiting the showroom they just checked it and said no problem found in their system.

and as of now i have to press 3-4 times to get the car started and my steering button are not working at all.As i again visited the service centre and they said that you have to change ECM and told me the approx value of 1.25 lakh

After that i have shown this in local market but they straightly show me the way to the service centre.

Now please guide me what should i do?
Old 4th January 2019, 11:43   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
My Grand i10 diesel of 2014 had similar issues at around 60k (currently around 75k). Topping up of the gas did not solve the issue. It was later found out by a FNG to be a faulty evaporator coil. Got it replaced by the same FNG for Rs. 10k including labour.
My A/C worked well for 2 weeks before going kaput again. This time the FNG guy is stating that their is most probably the issue with the coil, as they have thoroughly inspected the condensor and compressor, and that their is no issue there.
I apologize for not heeding to your advise first hand. Lets see if I can haggle and bring down the costs of the overall repairs, as that issue should have been sorted out first hand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks