Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2017, 23:12   #1156
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
Any idea as to how much this might cost in Hyundai as well as independent garages?

Thanks in advance
Fazonater, my absolute bad here. Has the problem been rectified? I will be visiting the service center tomorrow. If the issue is not rectified I can check with them about the problem.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 02:12   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Fazonater, my absolute bad here. Has the problem been rectified? I will be visiting the service center tomorrow. If the issue is not rectified I can check with them about the problem.

Regards
Nikhil
The problem is not yet rectified sir. I am planning to go to take my car only next month. Please check with them.

Thanks in advance
Old 2nd September 2017, 16:18   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
So, after 3.5 years of ownership of Gi10 1.1 CRDI, the door auto lock feature has activated itself without any external intervention. Now, as soon as i cross speed of 20 kmph, all doors auto lock themselves. I attribute this behavior to a dying battery. The starter turns over very slowly before the engine starts. I hope this auto lock feature will cease to exist once i replace the battery with a new one. But, one thing is for sure, this feature is possible in a Gi10 but hyundai refuses to activate it. I have asked the service centre several times to activate it, but they deny that it is even possible.
This is new! We have Grand i10 Asta (O) manual petrol which my son drives and this is one safety feature we all miss. So this is definitely present in the car's system. Shame that Hyundai doesn't want us to utilize it. Very strange. BTW, did you manage to check it with some other dealership, if they can activate it? I'm going to ask my son to check it with his SA. Though I think I already know what his answer would be - "Nooo sirji, it can't be done" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Same with me. For me, the new feature would be activated, after the ECU reset problem while cranking the engine.
Though replacing the battery solved the issues, I am little disappointed with the quality of OEM battery used in the car, as numerous people have had their battery die out in under 3 years (2.5 years for me), a problem I never experienced in any of the others cars in our garage.
Our car is about to complete two years and yes, the battery has already started acting funny at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Friends,

I'm in the market to replace my house hold's second car 'Alto K-10' and the final three (in Petrol) are Grand i10 (Sportz), Figo & Tiago.

I wanted to take your unbiased opinion hence this post. The car will be doing mostly intra city and few highway runs (could be more) and after evaluating the option that I'm inclining towards is i10 Sportz, due to:

1. Good build quality - e.g. the 'thud' sound when closing the doors is unmatched (quality on both Punto & Figo was unimpressive where I had high expectations)
2. Bluish Interior illumination is amazingly nice compared to others. (Tiago’s interior is nice but not as suave & appealing)
3. Peace of mind ownership/H.A.S.S like Maruti
4. Benefits of 4 pot engine compared to 3 on Tiago, proven kappa engine.
5. Fairly spacious for 1/2 Adults and 2 kids at a time (better than Tiago)

Dislikes:
1. Vanity mirror only on passenger side (Gents aside, does Hyundai think that the ladies will never drive)
2. Safety features like ABS only in top variant and no EBD. It’s very disappointing that Hyundai & TATA are keeping ABS only in top end variant. kudos to Toyota, Ford here.

I understand that the Sportz model will be without ABS but then I don't plan to take the car on maniac runs or unmanageable speeds so I guess non-ABS should be okay as I've some experience driving non-ABS cars since good 20+ years.

So, can you please advise if I’m missing a car in this segment, or have overlooked any other parameters of other cars that could swing the favour, or are there any issues in i10 that could impede my above expectations?

Thanks & cheers!
Hey, I might be late here and you might have already bought your new car but here are my two cents which are based on our experience with our Grand i10 -

1. Yes, the build quality is absolutely awesome. The paint quality, interiors, plastic everything feels premium. Plus the car is super comfortable with tremendous space. The car looks small from outside but it offers superb support for everyone. Headroom is great, legroom is way better than other cars in the segment and overall feel of the car for the passengers is absolutely super. Your family would love it.

2. When it comes to driving this car, well, the car does suffer from a few issues -
a. Bad clutch - My son hates his car when it comes to driving in city traffic conditions. The clutch makes irritating tak tak sound while depressing it. It makes all sorts of mechanical sounds (thuds, springs tak tak etc.). I have driven his car multiple times and I experienced everything which he's been complaining. Didn't like it. Takes away the driving experience of otherwise a good car. The car has been checked multiple times at various HASS and nobody seems to have a solution to this issue. We have now learnt to live with it.

b. Hissing noise from AC - The car makes hissing noise every 10 seconds (while driving on AC). The noise appears when the RPM is increased. It remains for a few seconds, disappear and comes back. It definitely comes from the AC unit as the noise disappears when AC is switched off. Took our car multiple times to different HASS and again these guys couldn't find any solution. The AC gas level was very low which they topped up but it didn't help. The noise remains. And we are living with it, for the moment .

c. Drivability - Though the overall experience is good, particularly in highways and open roads, the first and second gear ratio is very short which makes it a little tricky to drive within city traffic conditions. The car feels heavy to drive in 1st gear and 2nd gear is jerky. You need to constantly play around with the clutch and A pedal. Not the best driving experience. Our five year old Vento petrol, on the other hand, is such a terrific city car. No jerks, no irritating noises. Very smooth.

I would suggest you take comprehensive TDs (if you haven't bought your car yet). Make sure you understand how the car behaves in different traffic conditions. Listen to the sounds/noises it produces when you switch on the AC and depress clutch. Both 'tak tak' clutch and AC hissing noise is present in most of the Grand i10s and Xcents. So make sure you choose wisely (they might have rectified it in the post facelift models though).

I understand you don't really feel the need of airbags and ABS but I would still strongly suggest you to consider buying Asta model with these safety features. They are 100% worth of the extra cost you pay. Best wishes.
Col Mehta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 06:13   #1159
BHPian

Hello everyone. I've been checking out the petrol Asta(o) variant.
The ongoing Dusshera offer has about 52k benefits (27+k insurance given for free, 25k cash discounts). In addition to this, there may be a corporate discount of 10k.
As per the sales rep, the car is available for immediate delivery. I was surprised to hear that there's no waiting period. They can deliver within 3 days on full cash payment, or within 7 days if opting for a loan.
If I decide to book this car now, should I be cautious about anything specific?
Old 14th September 2017, 10:37   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurupalani View Post
If I decide to book this car now, should I be cautious about anything specific?
I don't think so. When I was checking out I20, the guy was pushing me hard to buy the Grand I10, I am assuming that, it is not as fast moving as they wanted it to be.

What is the on-road price in Bangalore?
Old 14th September 2017, 11:42   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
A question on Car Play:
I've an iphone 6s, running iOS 10.3.3 which connects flawlessly with the GI-10. However as soon as i connect the cable, the maps disappear.
Anyone here have an idea for getting the maps to run using CarPlay?
Have you figured out a way to access maps? I recently saw a video in youtube demonstrating apple carplay and android auto. The apple carplay doesn't even show the apple maps on the screen.

Also, just noticed genopv reviewed his VW head unit and the carplay there also doesn't show the maps! See here
Apple's website also indicates that Maps is currently unavailable in India via Carplay (Notice the legend 1 near India and the explanation below).
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-carplay.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
What is the on-road price in Bangalore?
The sales rep quoted an on-road price for Petrol Asta(O) as 7.2L, after a discount of about 63k.

Last edited by gurupalani : 14th September 2017 at 12:01. Reason: Added information from Apple's website
Old 14th September 2017, 12:31   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Have you figured out a way to access maps? I recently saw a video in Youtube demonstrating apple carplay and android auto. The apple carplay doesn't even show the apple maps on the screen.
Unfortunately No. iOS is not a strong point for me. However i tried speaking with Apple support, and they were clueless saying it should work and passed on the blame to the Manufacturer.

The hyundai dealer told me that Car Play Apple Maps is not available for India, and i'm grudgingly accepting this because, I tied in Ciaz as well with the same result.

Hopefully the just released iOS 11 may offer a solution. Fingers Crossed

Cheers
Old 14th September 2017, 14:28   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
The hyundai dealer told me that Car Play Apple Maps is not available for India…

Cheers

I believe so too. Even Apple's website claims the same. Let's hope they bring it soon.
Meanwhile, are you using AndroidAuto for maps? If so, which handset are you using? I heard several handsets were incompatible with AndroidAuto too. Trying to read online about these issues is even more confusing. So, temporarily I stopped reading about them at all!
Old 14th September 2017, 14:55   #1164
BHPian

All,

I need some help with technical info on the Grand i10 springs - front and rear - like the spring rate or stiffness, height, diameter of coil spring? Any additional information will also be welcome.

Plus can this spring fit on the 2012 model i10? I am looking to fix the problem of wallowy ride quality on bad roads for my i10 AT.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 21st September 2017, 09:21   #1165
BHPian

Has anyone rectified the issues with the steering feel?
If I am driving in the city, the steering feels really heavy at low RPMs ! And if I rev once it to a high RPM say over 4000 rpm, the steering becomes butter smooth for the next few minutes, even when driving under low RPMs. Is it an ECU issue or a general Grand i10 problem?
Old 21st September 2017, 10:06   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone rectified the issues with the steering feel?
If I am driving in the city, the steering feels really heavy at low RPMs ! And if I rev once it to a high RPM say over 4000 rpm, the steering becomes butter smooth for the next few minutes, even when driving under low RPMs. Is it an ECU issue or a general Grand i10 problem?
Never felt this. The steering is smooth in all conditions.
Old 21st September 2017, 10:22   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
I believe so too. Even Apple's website claims the same. Let's hope they bring it soon.
Meanwhile, are you using AndroidAuto for maps? If so, which handset are you using? I heard several handsets were incompatible with AndroidAuto too. Trying to read online about these issues is even more confusing. So, temporarily I stopped reading about them at all!
Apologies for the delay.

Yes I'm using Android Auto and it works like a charm. I have a Honor 8 Pro & Moto X Style handsets, both of them connected seamlessly without any issues.

Alos I've installed Rocket Player for the default music player on AA is Google Music, which is cumbersome to use. This player is fantastic and does the media duties when plugged in to AA.

So far with Android Auto, I've tried navigation, calling and google assistant.

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2017, 11:41   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Never felt this. The steering is smooth in all conditions.
Mine unfortunately isn't. The steering feels quite heavy at normal conditions, but once I cross 4000 RPMs, it suddenly becomes lighter for the rest of the duration. I had spoken to the SA in the workshop when the car went for it's 3rd Free Service, but he shrugged it off claiming it's normal.

Another Help Needed :

I have installed the Bosch Dual horns (sounding similar to that of Skoda). However, often when I press the horn, only one of the 2 sounds. I had replaced the horns thinking about a defective piece, but the problem resurfaced again after some days. Can the issue be about the fuse and wiring capabilities?

Last edited by sharktale : 23rd September 2017 at 11:42. Reason: typo
Old 24th September 2017, 01:53   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Mine unfortunately isn't. The steering feels quite heavy at normal conditions, but once I cross 4000 RPMs, it suddenly becomes lighter for the rest of the duration.
Grand i10's steering wheel isn't that light anyways. It is heaviest among our three cars (Creta and Vento, the other two). Being an EPS unit, there isn't much can be done about it unfortunately. But if you experience heavier than usual wheel before increasing the RPM then you should talk to HASS but..

Quote:
I had spoken to the SA in the workshop when the car went for it's 3rd Free Service, but he shrugged it off claiming it's normal.
This is the real issue with HASS. Their so called technicians are no better than polished version of road side mechanics. You report issues other than regular service, oil/filter change etc to them and they start running around like headless chickens . You would have to push them hard. Write to their higher management, if needed. Might work. Person experience.

Quote:
Another Help Needed :

I have installed the Bosch Dual horns (sounding similar to that of Skoda). However, often when I press the horn, only one of the 2 sounds. I had replaced the horns thinking about a defective piece, but the problem resurfaced again after some days. Can the issue be about the fuse and wiring capabilities?
No idea, sorry.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 11:54   #1170
BHPian

Do any of y'all know if it's possible to get the new Apple CarPlay infotainment system on the older Grand i10 Asta (O)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks