Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2018, 07:41   #1261
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Great review which is indepth and crisp, GTO.
I purchased G-I10 in 2014. Luckily, (might be based on user feedback) I got the steering mounted controls, bluetooth connectivity as a default option on the Sportz variant. This has pleased me a lot.
Only feature which Iam missing out is the sunroof, atleast as an option on top variants.
Old 4th July 2018, 08:23   #1262
BHPian

I had my car 4th year service done this weekend. Paid 6500 inclusive off tax. The only extras I had were alignment, balancing rotation (Rs 1500 with weights) and engine dressing (Rs 350). I usually have the WA and all done outside, but succumbed this time around and got it done at HASS. Gear oil and brake oil were topped but not replaced. I was offered an absurd 5000+ tax AC service recommendation. Refused since AC works absolutely fine. The pushing of pointless extras really gets to me.

Met a guy with a brand new petrol Grand i10 run 2500 km at the service centre who wasn't happy with 12-13 km/l . I had a chuckle to myself when the service advisor promised him it will increase to his expectation after the next service.

Lastly, I hate Hyundai's service feedback calls and the points system they use. It is extremely flawed. If Hyundai really cared about listening to suggestions or taking feedback seriously they should consider emailing the surveys and openly invite pointers and feedback. The sitting on your head to give a 9/10 point rating for a service which is 7 or an 8 at best is ridiculous! Giving them a low rating (less than 9/10) gets your service advisor in trouble.

Last edited by promit : 4th July 2018 at 08:24.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 11:03   #1263
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I had my car 4th year service done this weekend.
Get your brake pads checked too! My Gi10(D) is Jun-14 and has done around 40K. There was a faint 'choon' sound occasionally while braking, so got all the 4 brakes cleaned and got the brake oil changed with bleeding, to remove old oil completely. Front brake pads were found to be having good life in them still, so chose not to replace them.
Then one day (a month after doing all the steps above), i found once disc all rusted up while the other disc was shiny clean. On braking, the car was not stopping in a straight line. I immediately took the car to service center, nursing the brakes, and fearing the worst. Luckily, the disc was not damaged, and a generous dose of sanding paper, brought the disc to its shiny state. Got the pads replaced, and now everything is OK. The pads were still having a lot of material onto them, but presumably had become hard and were not working optimally.
So, please check yours too and get them replaced if you too are facing such issues, and prevent damage to discs.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 11:06   #1264
Team-BHP Support

We are getting our silver Grand i10 sports A/T delivered today most probably. Can't wait to welcome an A/T hatch into the family after ages.
Old 4th July 2018, 14:24   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
We are getting our silver Grand i10 sports A/T delivered today most probably. Can't wait to welcome an A/T hatch into the family after ages.
Congrats to the new member of family.
Will be waiting for your review on AMT.
On my petrol engine, the gear shift is very smooth. Will be very eager on how an AMT performs.
Also throw some light on the fuel efficiency. Please keep updated.
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 14:48   #1266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Congrats to the new member of family.
Will be waiting for your review on AMT.
On my petrol engine, the gear shift is very smooth. Will be very eager on how an AMT performs.
Also throw some light on the fuel efficiency. Please keep updated.
Thank you Coolmind. I will post regular updates although the usage will principally be by other members of the family.

To the best of my knowledge almost all Hyundai A/Ts are torque converters - no AMTs in their portfolio - certainly so for the Grand i10 A/T which is a TC unit. The only exception to that is the new i20 A/T, which is a CVT.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 16:01   #1267
BHPian

Got 2 Grand i10's in our house in last one month. One for wife and one for dad.
Both Sportz FL AT 2018 model.
Such a fantastic ride it is when you are in traffic.
What I am missing is rear wipers and fold-able key set.
Cooltronics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 18:35   #1268
BHPian

Hi, Has anyone got aftermarket Fog Lamps for the 2018 Grand i10. Mine is a Magna A/T that does not come with fog lamps. All those fog lamp housings that I see on Amazon or even Aliexpress are in the pre facelift shape. Hyundai dealers have them, but are quite pricey ; 6600 for the one without DRL and 12000 odd for the DRL ones.
Old 5th July 2018, 13:13   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quick question. There is one remote key and one normal key with Sportz model. Is it possible to get second remote key from Hyundai accessories department?

I was told this is possible with i20 for the foldable key.
Old 5th July 2018, 15:05   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Quick question. There is one remote key and one normal key with Sportz model. Is it possible to get second remote key from Hyundai accessories department?

I am sure you can get it. What happens if you loose your primary remote key ? They have to give you one.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 08:43   #1271
Senior - BHPian

I am almost finalizing on i10 Grand Sportz 2018 due to following reasons:

1. My Santro has completed >5 years and maintenance cost is going high (some 10.5K for last year's service).
2. Between Swift Vxi 2018 and Grand i10 sportz I am seeing huge required features missing on swift, as simple as parking sensors, fog lamps, defogger etc. Also i10 has reverse parking camera built in, something good to have factory fitted than aftermarket installation.
3. Build quality of Hyundai (experience with 2 Santros), solid as rock.
4. Primarily for city driving. (Many youtube videos too recommend the same)
5. Two coloured interior feels airy than all black.
6. Budget of around 7 Lacs on road price.
7. Nice discounts offered by Hyundai on i10 Grand

A few questions though:

1. Has anybody tried installing center armrest for front seats? If yes, is it a standard accessory available from Hyundai? Certainly helps in long drives.
2. It is for my wife with 5'4" height. Sportz model does not have driver seat adjustment. Is it OK for that heighted person? Of course will confirm with TD.
3. If I need to upgrade tyres to 185/60 R14 immediately, are there any tyre shops in Bangalore who will exchange the stocks with good discounts? I can directly go to that shop and exchange the tyres right after taking car delivery from showroom.

Any inputs are appreciated,
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 17:42   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Has anybody tried installing center armrest for front seats? If yes, is it a standard accessory available from Hyundai? Certainly helps in long drives.
I had an armrest fitted in my Grand i10. I brought it from a car accessories shop in Mangalore. It is a snug fit, removeable type and custom made for the Grand i10(has cutout for the rear ac vent). No drilling or screws were needed. It fits well in between the front seats. Only issue that it interferes marginally with the handbrake operation, but its not a big issue and only a matter of getting used to. Details here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4107709

Quote:

3. If I need to upgrade tyres to 185/60 R14 immediately, are there any tyre shops in Bangalore who will exchange the stocks with good discounts? I can directly go to that shop and exchange the tyres right after taking car delivery from showroom.
You risk your car's warranty getting void by upsizing the tyres.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 18:45   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
I had an armrest fitted in my Grand i10. I brought it from a car accessories shop in Mangalore.
Perfect. Do you have their contact so that I can check if they have any shop in Bangalore for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
You risk your car's warranty getting void by upsizing the tyres.
That's odd. I checked with dealer's accessories department with the SA with me and they only recommended this size. If warranty is at stake why should they even be talking to me on that? Either it is not allowed or the dealer people have no clue. I checked on tyre exchange at the time of car delivery. Thanks for this warning.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 08:50   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perfect. Do you have their contact so that I can check if they have any shop in Bangalore for me.
It probably would be available with any good car accessory shop. You could try showing them a picture of the armrest and they might source it for you. As for the contact, google for 'Car decor Mangalore', you will get the contact numbers. I have seen the same armrest on ebay.in as well. So it should be available easily at your local car accessories shop. If it is, you can check it personally and see if you are comfortable using the handbrake with the armrest installed.

Quote:
That's odd. I checked with dealer's accessories department with the SA with me and they only recommended this size. If warranty is at stake why should they even be talking to me on that? Either it is not allowed or the dealer people have no clue. I checked on tyre exchange at the time of car delivery. Thanks for this warning.
When the first gen i20 owners were grappling with the dreaded i20 steering rattle issue, one of the excuses Hyundai workshops resorted to void the steering warranty was Tyre upsize by owners. Whereas the truth was that the i10/i20 steering rattle issue was because of faulty steering rack/column design and not tyre upsize. So in case your car develops steering/ suspension issues later, the first thing they will look at is your upsized tyres.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 11:34   #1275
BHPian

I recently got a Grand i10 Asta Petrol. I have driven it so far for about 300km and quite like it. However, I have some questions with the facelifted version,

Every time I crank the car, I hear a beep chime for 20s irrespective of seatbelts and doors closed. I also hear it in most of the online reviews when reviewers crank the car. I checked with the service personnel and we heard the same chimes in a new Xcent with a conventional key as well. Is it a safety feature on new cars and does anyone experience it in other brands as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks