Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2014, 21:54   #511
BHPian

Asta (O) Petrol BOOKED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Can someone please give me the OTR Mumbai price for a Grand i10 Asta (O) Petrol? We have shortlisted it, and will start the purchase process soon. The Modi Hyundai dealer at Santacruz has given an on-paper quote of Rs 6.6 lakhs.
We booked our Grand i10 Asta (O) Petrol in Twilight Blue. Expected delivery in two weeks. OTR is Rs 6.5L, inclusive of third year's extended warranty and zero dep insurance. The dealer also threw in anti-rust treatment for the underbody.

The wait begins.
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 13:19   #512
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Sorry for the late reply. Hyundai doesn't recommend any tyre/size/alloy upgrades - as per an official communication received by me.

What did Hyundai say about the tyre upgrades because I was looking at going for aftermarket alloys and 185/60/R14 tyres if I get the Gi10 even if its the Asta since i donot like the design of the alloys ?[/quote]
Old 1st July 2014, 21:37   #513
BHPian

I saw this on Hyundai's website:
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-screen-shot-20140701-9.34.15-pm.png

Is Hyundai planning to launch a Magna variant with the 3-cylinder 1.0L Kappa engine?
vikred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 10:03   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikred View Post
I saw this on Hyundai's website:
Attachment 1256805

Is Hyundai planning to launch a Magna variant with the 3-cylinder 1.0L Kappa engine?
I believ thre is a problem with proof reaing before authorising the same to put on company website by the Marketing Team. It should be the LPG varaint in 1.2L displacement & not 1L.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 14:19   #515
Senior - BHPian

Need some info from Grand i10 owners who have recently bought in Mumbai. Whats the road tax charges applied for the car, I mean in %. Is it 9% of the exshowroom cost for petrol vehicles? The Mumbai RTO website does provide the calculation but is way too less than what the dealer quoted. I need this information for my office colleague who has booked a 1.2 Magna.

The dealer is blatantly asking for additional amount towards registration charges to cover the palm greasing expenses at the RTO, fuel charges for driving the car to RTO, Driver + agent charges and god knows what else. What should be the final charges a car buyer should be paying?

Also the dealer is asking for 5K for 3rd year warranty (EW) but Hyundai website show 3100. Similarly Insurance charges are bloated by 4K. Who gives an idea to the dealers that a new car buyer is flush with funds that they cab go about ignoring the extra charges.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 17:41   #516
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai Motor India has announced that it has delivered a total of 1 lakh units of the Grand i10 hatchback. Launched in September 2013, the car has achieved this milestone in just ten months, making it the fastest to breach the 1 lakh mark.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 12:52   #517
BHPian

I must confess after driving my BIL automatic Grand i10, its absolute value for money! the interior are so rich & nice to touch! The keyless entry & start button & auto folding ORVM are an absolute delight! The regular problem of light steering & suspension in Hyundai cars is missing & its a huge improvement in the way it drives! The only grouse is we could not get airbags & ABS.

After driving the automatic, I am now contemplating if i should replace my Ford Ecosport with the upcoming new i20 (grand i20?) which i am sure will drive in with same goodies with more space (might be under powered though)! I am kicking myself for getting the ecosport manual after having booked for the automatic Ecosport due to my impatience.

Full thumps up to Hyundai for delivering such a fantastic car which is total Paisa vasool!

Last edited by urajkumar : 5th July 2014 at 12:54.
urajkumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 13:21   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
After driving the automatic, I am now contemplating if i should replace my Ford Ecosport with the upcoming new i20 (grand i20?) which i am sure will drive in with same goodies with more space (might be under powered though)! I am kicking myself for getting the ecosport manual after having booked for the automatic Ecosport due to my impatience.
The Grand i10 auto drives better than Ecosport AT, the latter is quite heavy & hence sluggish. Brio AT drives even better than Grand i10 auto because its lighter. Polo 1.2 TSi DSG is of course the best, but costliest too.
Old 6th July 2014, 10:36   #519
Senior - BHPian

Any takers on this? Which is more peppier, Grand i10 or Micra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Can anybody point out the main difference between Grand i10 and the new Micra both petrol? The variants are Grand i10 XVS vs Micra XLO both costing around 5.5L ex-showroom.

My cousin is looking for space, easy drive-ability, ingress and egress, power. I think on first three points, the Micra scores better. So I am looking for the 3rd point, power, not what is on paper. He is thinking to upgrade from his Alto whose lag while turning on the A/C is irritating.
Old 6th July 2014, 19:40   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even with the technical specs in hand, I'd say this decision comes down to which brand one prefers over the other. As far as facts go :

Micra - 900 kg (no idea if facelift added weight), 1.2 3 cyl @ 75hp, 104nm

Grand - 935 kg, 1.2 4 cyl @ 83hp, 114nm

So from the above, the Grand would not only have more refined power delivery due to the added cylinder, it has more torque and horses under the engine. 'Peppiness' though can vary according to personal taste. Some like the rumble of a 3 cylinder and call it sporty. As far as all round power band goes Grand is much ahead. The same dual VT engine in i20 is an absolute slug but on the lighter Grand it should be great. Torque is in the lower end in both cars for the sake of economy.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 15:14   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Have decided to book Asta AT today, any specifics i should keep in mind before handing over the cheque.

Regards
Aman
Old 7th July 2014, 15:23   #522
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
any specifics i should keep in mind before handing over the cheque.
All the details you can read here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...car-india.html
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 15:30   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Thanks Rudra, have completed all that, just wanted to check if anyone was able to get any freebies along(should have been more specific), as it stands dealer is not ready to give anything(One he says it is Asta so already loaded), second he says they are not allowed to give any discounts :(

Disappointed though that AT Top end is missing ABS, and is only available in MT(that too as option), tough to understand the logic of these manufacturers.
Old 7th July 2014, 15:41   #524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Thanks Rudra, have completed all that, just wanted to check if anyone was able to get any freebies along(should have been more specific), as it stands dealer is not ready to give anything(One he says it is Asta so already loaded), second he says they are not allowed to give any discounts :(
There's actually no hard and fast system they follow. It all depends on how you manage to negotiate. Also it greatly depends on demand and supply situation at dealers point.
Old 7th July 2014, 15:53   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have NOT driven both, but my pick is Grand i10. The kappa 2 engine is one of the best rated on the forum while Micra's petrol option is nothing great I believe. Add to it, the car is modern, better A$$, features.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks