Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:24   #571
BHPian

Re: Decision - Grand i10 Petrol ASTA - vs - Grand i10 Diesel Magna - same price.

Quite similar to ours, currently our family too has statistics biased towards Hyundai's though we have a couple of others as well, since you already seem to have a good experience going, won't be wrong with another Hyundai, Grand is highly competent.

Now between both the listed variants I too, like everyone above, raise both my hands for the petrol Grand with ABS + airbags (ABS is absolutely important as you mentioned you will take the car out on regular highway drives, and though Rishiraj did a lot of good, there still are some crazy drivers around), and since you have multiple rides I think you'd be shuffling between them often, so you may not clock as many kms, moreover diesel is being de-regulated.

I find the butter smoothness of the Grand Petrol motor attractive, my sister has one and it gives about 16 kmpl (incidentally she too is in Trivandrum), it is a better overall product than the diesel and being petrol long term maintenance costs will be lower.

Last edited by s_pphilip : 2nd September 2014 at 21:35.
s_pphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:22   #572
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Hyundai Motor India Limited has launched the Grand i10 'SportZ Edition' on the occasion of the Grand i10's first anniversary in India.

The 'SportZ Edition' is based on the regular 'Sportz' variant with certain enhancements. Changes to the exteriors include 14” diamond cut alloy wheels, rear spoiler, black B-pillar and 'SportZ Edition' body graphics. The interiors get additions such as a leather wrapped steering wheel, bluetooth connectivity and steering mounted audio and phone controls. The biggest change on the inside however, is the interior theme which has been changed from black and beige to black and red. The dashboard fascia, gear lever console and lower door pads feature the new red colour scheme. Even the fabric seats on this variant feature a two tone (red and black) colour pattern.

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 3rd September 2014 at 15:24.
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 09:51   #573
BHPian

SportZ Edition of the Grand i10 launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Hyundai Motor India Limited has launched the Grand i10 'SportZ Edition' on the occasion of the Grand i10's first anniversary in India.
Hyundai celebrates first anniversary of Grand with ‘SportZ Edition’: Over 1.1 Lakh Happy Owners in India

New Delhi, September 03, 2014: Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL), the country’s largest exporter and the second-largest car manufacturer; celebrating the first anniversary of Grand i10, today introduced its ‘SportZ Edition’. Launched in September 2013, Grand has over 1.1 lakh happy owners in India and has won the prestigious Indian Car of the Year (ICOTY 2014) and numerous awards.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-2.jpg

The Grand ‘SportZ Edition’ comes with a host of sporty and high-tech features like 14”Diamond cut Alloy wheels, blue tooth connectivity, steering mounted audio and Bluetooth controls, leather wrap on steering wheel, rear spoiler, B-Pillar blackout along with body graphics. Moreover, the interiors of the car have been further enhanced with premium full cloth upholstery and crafted in tones of red.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-redinteriorsportzgrandi10.jpg

The SportZ variant comes with the highly advanced and frugal 2nd generation U2 1.1 litre CRDi diesel engine which offers a combination of optimum performance along with best-in-class fuel efficiency of 24 kmpl (ARAI figure). Also the highly acclaimed all-aluminum 1.2 litre Kappa petrol engine comes with Dual VTVT technology and best-in-class mileage of 18.9 kmpl (ARAI figure).

Some more images:

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-1.jpg
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-3.jpg
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-4.jpg

Source:
http://overdrive.in/news/sportz-edit...-i10-launched/

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/09/h...aunched-144381

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th September 2014 at 16:09. Reason: Adding link to image source as well! Thanks.
rohansachar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 10:04   #574
Senior - BHPian

Re: SportZ Edition of the Grand i10 launched

Disgusting to say the least.

The Figoish interiors are certainly not to my taste.
Even the jazzy exterior graphics are downright pathetic.

Why do manufacturers stoop to these levels to download these so called "celebration editions" to the hapless customers who don't really feel that "celebrated"!!

A poor effort from Hyundai.
Old 4th September 2014, 10:49   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Disgusting to say the least.
+1 to that. Ruined an otherwise good looking car. Period! Perhaps, a good contender for the whacky mods thread.
Old 4th September 2014, 11:05   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Checked the details of anniversary edition of SportZ Grand i10 as I booked Asta.
Well its a good value propositions at a price 11K lower than Asta, but still did not change the original booking as

1. Asta, after discount comes to same price. It gets rear wiper/defogger and driver seat height adjust extra. We need height adjuster badly, but Diamond cut alloys on anniversary edition is true bonus.

2. Only three color choice available. Our preference was Twilight blue and its not available in anniversary edition.

3. Had it been Red as in i20, we would have surely gone for it, but wine red is basically Maroon and reminds me of Maruti 800s/Vans. Red interior matches only with wine red, white and silver colors.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 11:13   #577
Senior - BHPian

They must have learned from the grand success of the red-interior Figo!
Old 4th September 2014, 11:22   #578
BHPian

While some of the additional features are welcome, the exterior body graphics look downright hideous. A more subtle approach there would have gone down well.

Btw, whats the price difference between this and the regular variant?
Motormania is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 11:34   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Hyundai celebrates first anniversary of Grand with ‘SportZ Edition’: Over 1.1 Lakh Happy Owners in India...
A completely pointless update in my opinion.

The Grand i10 is a nice looking hatch, but giving it red interiors, sporty decals and vinyls just does not work IMO.

Why Hyundai wants to spoil the looks of an otherwise decent looking hatch, is beyond me. Instead, they should have added some safety features such as ABS, Airbags or Climate Control which are missing from an otherwise feature loaded hatch.
Old 4th September 2014, 12:06   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar;3522655

[ATTACH
1282638[/ATTACH]
Attachment 1282640
It is shocking to see there is no engine start/stop button and neither does the car come with keyless entry (or even a smart key). Even the door handles are body coloured and not chrome. So then this is not really based on the 'sportz' variant but on the 'Magna' variant with a lot of additional features. It seems like by launching this special edition, Hyundai is smartly trying to push out excess stock of the Grand i10 'Magna variant' with 'Sportz' badging and added equipment.

Last edited by S2!!! : 4th September 2014 at 12:07.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 12:11   #581
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I do like the red highlights (instead of beige) on the interior trim, and the Bluetooth enabled music system with steering mounted controls is very welcome, but the exterior graphics are downright silly!

Instead of coming out with such meaningless "editions", Hyundai would do well to equip the regular Sportz & Asta variants with at least a driver airbag, if not ABS as well.

Quote:
It is shocking to see there is no engine start/stop button and neither does the car come with keyless entry (or even a smart key). Even the door handles are body coloured and not chrome. So then this is not really based on the 'sportz' variant but on the 'Magna' variant with a lot of additional features.
Excellent observation! I became aware of this only after you mentioned it. So it is indeed a Magna variant with plenty of additional features, but trying to pass of as a "Sportz".

Any idea if it gets the electrically retractable mirrors too, or only electrically adjustable ones?

Last edited by RSR : 4th September 2014 at 12:34.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 12:28   #582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So then this is not really based on the 'sportz' variant but on the 'Magna' variant with a lot of additional features. It seems like by launching this special edition, Hyundai is smartly trying to push out excess stock of the Grand i10 'Magna variant' with 'Sportz' badging and added equipment.
Excellent catch! Not at all ethical from Hyundai

The sportz edition might have still worked, but putting a Sportz badge at the rear instead of magna is downright cheap! And the modifications with all the red inserts - not tastefully done at all!
Old 4th September 2014, 12:28   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Excellent observation! I became aware of this only after you mentioned it. So it is indeed a Magna variant with plenty of additional features, but trying to pass of as a "Sportz".

Any idea if it gets the electrically retractable mirrors too, or only electrically adjustable ones?
Honestly, I am not aware, but I don't expect these to be there on the 'SportZ Edition'. Did a bit of googling and I found out that the interior image in the press release has been lifted off from one of Hyundai's Euro websites and even the exterior shot is photo-shopped as the blackened B-pillar is not visible in it. Guess only when potential buyers reach the dealerships, will they get a better idea about actualities.

I guess BHPian Wanderers might have the answer to your question since he did go and actually check out the 'SportZ Edition' before booking the Asta variant.

Last edited by S2!!! : 4th September 2014 at 12:30.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 12:57   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post

Btw, whats the price difference between this and the regular variant?
The price difference is 15K (higher) with Sportz.
Anniversary Sportz is not Magna upgraded, Its Sportz upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I do like the red highlights (instead of beige) on the interior trim, and the Bluetooth enabled music system with steering mounted controls is very welcome, but the exterior graphics are downright silly!

Instead of coming out with such meaningless "editions", Hyundai would do well to equip the regular Sportz & Asta variants with at least a driver airbag, if not ABS as well.

Actually the red color interior is not as bright as it looks. Yes its like figo. Personally I liked it on immediate basis but in long run it will look bad as it gets old.
You have better graphics available in market for Rs 1500/-

I could not agree more.
Airbag + ABS should be right from entry level.
I20 Elite is still better.

I think the picture is not correct. The keys were not there but I honestly did not look for it.

Electrically retractable mirrors are available on SportZ.

Quote:

I guess BHPian Wanderers might have the answer to your question since he did go and actually check out the 'SportZ Edition' before booking the Asta variant.
Infact I had already booked the Asta yesterday morning but went in late evening to see the difference and price. I would say white is a good option in anniversary edition.

I love white except that this car is for my wife and hence twilight blue.

For Gurgaon Registration, you have strong incentive as, white anniversary SportZ is under 6 Lakhs and RTO gets doubled, when you cross 6 Lakhs. So you get benefits like 18K on RTO + 5K on Non-Metallic as well.

Last edited by Wanderers : 4th September 2014 at 13:00.
Wanderers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 14:41   #585
BHPian

I would say its a poor 'effort'. Why call it a SportZ edition at all and paste those race car stickers - this car is far from a sporty car and is a family hatchback at best.

Red interiors wont gel with any color expect the Maroon one. Reminds me of the hideous red interiors in the Figo. Steering Mounted Audio Controls are the only worthwhile addition which can't be fitted outside.

Last edited by heavenlybull : 4th September 2014 at 14:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks