Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 12:44   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Electricals acting wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
It will get reset only if the battery is disconnected. How about the average speed and elapsed time in the trip meter ? The elapsed time trip meter working range is between 00:00 ~ 99:59. Is elapsed time maximum limit linked with Trip A and Trip B ?

Does automatic reset of the trip meter indicates battery discharge ? Do by any chance, the old problem of Grandi10 battery drain happening again ?
Honestly, my battery was never disconnected in the entire ownership period. If that is the case, the digital clock as well as the radio channels too should get reset, right? That isn't the case. It is only the trip meters which are a problem. I think this is probably a software bug in all Grand i10s (and Xcents too?).

Regarding the elapsed time thing; I haven't ever paid attention to the elapsed time or average speed or any other meters. But once when I did pay attention, the average speed meter still indicated 19 km/h even though both the trip meters read 0.0 kms. So I don't know how that functions.

Luckily, I haven't faced any battery drain issue as yet. I hope it continues the same way
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 16:51   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Honestly, my battery was never disconnected in the entire ownership period. If that is the case, the digital clock as well as the radio channels too should get reset, right? That isn't the case. It is only the trip meters which are a problem. I think this is probably a software bug in all Grand i10s (and Xcents too?).

Regarding the elapsed time thing; I haven't ever paid attention to the elapsed time or average speed or any other meters. But once when I did pay attention, the average speed meter still indicated 19 km/h even though both the trip meters read 0.0 kms. So I don't know how that functions.

Luckily, I haven't faced any battery drain issue as yet. I hope it continues the same way
Funnily enough, even though I fiddle with the trip meters quite a bit during my daily drive - Trip B is reset only at the time of fuel-up so I can monitor FE, but Trip A is something I frequently use for fun to measure random distances but haven't faced this issue at all in my 1 year of Grand i10 ownership. The involuntary/by-mistake reset that drivers feel is tough since a long-press is required to reset the trip meter and unless the driver is being really absent-minded, don't think it would happen very frequently, if at all.

Never faced the battery drain issue as well so far at all even though the max I've let the car parked/idle is around 1 week when I was out of town. Also, mine is the top-end Asta (O) with Smart keyless entry and this was the variant which was supposed to most afflicted with battery trouble. Hope this info helps.

On a more serious note, I also noticed a general increase/roughness in the idle vibration and smoothness after second service which was fixed by the HASS by adjusting the throttle body.

Last edited by Parth46 : 10th March 2015 at 16:53.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 16:37   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
I guess this issue has something to do with the engine running time info in the MID. I think it gets resetted if the engine running time reaches 24 hours. I have come to this conclusion because I rarely reset the engine running time and this reset issue arises only if I haven't resetted this engine running time for a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
The elapsed time trip meter working range is between 00:00 ~ 99:59. Is elapsed time maximum limit linked with Trip A and Trip B ?
Regarding the trip meter reset, I think you guys have possibly given the most probable reason. It might be possible that the elapsed drive time may have reached its maximum limit, after which, it automatically becomes 00:00 and so do both the trip meters. I'm going to keep an eye on the elapsed time too now and see how exactly it behaves.
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 12:27   #724
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Hey guys.

My Gi10 is a little short of a year, it's running well. Covered 6500 kms now. Not had a single issue so far, touchwood. Just got 13 km/l(tfm) in the last tank with 20-30% AC and a bit of idling on some days during rush hour.

Wanted to ask about insurance. I've started getting calls by insurance people on a daily basis to renew my insurance. Now they are telling me that from 1st April the premiums are going to go up etc etc. Any truth in this, should I bother? My insurance expires end of April. What is the premium for a zero dep cover in the second year. Just as an idea, ball park figure?

Also, the one year service is coming up. What all is taken care off ? and, could someone please share the approximate cost of the service. Just wanted to get an idea, what to expect.

I have banged the bottom part of my front bumper. A thin plastic cover which sits at the lip of the bumper held by screws. It was dangling and touching the ground, I've pulled it out. How can I rectify this, is it possible only to get that part? Surely don't see the point of changing the entire bumper if thats the case.

Thanks
Promit
Old 16th March 2015, 13:31   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Hey guys.

Wanted to ask about insurance. I've started getting calls by insurance people on a daily basis to renew my insurance. Now they are telling me that from 1st April the premiums are going to go up etc etc. Any truth in this, should I bother? My insurance expires end of April. What is the premium for a zero dep cover in the second year. Just as an idea, ball park figure?

Also, the one year service is coming up. What all is taken care off ?

I have banged the bottom part of my front bumper. A thin plastic cover which sits at the lip of the bumper held by screws. It was dangling and touching the ground, I've pulled it out. How can I rectify this, is it possible only to get that part? Surely don't see the point of changing the entire bumper if thats the case.
The quote you get from Dealer will always be higher than what you can get individually.
For my grand i10 magna diesel, I got bumper to bumper zero dep insurance in Feb 2015 for Rs. 135XX/-. The quote I got from dealer was Rs. 188XX/-.
Only difference is I will get 2 claims in my insurance where as the one offered by dealer had unlimited claims.
Gave a thought to it, I am not going to crash a lot and that too so heavily that insurance claim has to be dragged in.
Considering my previous experience in Wagon R, I opted for Bajaj Allianz insurance.

For smaller damage like the one you have mentioned, take it too a good mechanic/independent garage. These guys are reasonably good at repairing smaller things or putting in a few screws for fitment.

For my 1st year service, I paid Rs. 1800 ( or 1300, cant remember ). This was including oil and oil filter change. All other things were as good or as bad as they are. Noise for me has increased after second service, but mine is a diesel.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 16th March 2015 at 13:33.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 16:57   #726
BHPian

Hi Friends ,

Our Grand i10 AT is now one year old. Its overall a good package. However I am facing one irritating issue since day one and its really bothering me now. It's said that AT is best suited and enjoyed when you are in a slow moving traffic. But my experience has been otherwise. When you brake gently while in slow moving traffic it gives a jerk. It takes away the comfort of fellow passengers (other than the driver). This is my first AT and I was wondering it this is how it is or there is something wrong in this car design.

regards
Amol
Old 18th March 2015, 17:03   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Same thing happened to me a few months back, banged the bottom by a rough patch of road accidentally and the plastic cover broke off but not completely such that it was not scraping the road. Drove my car like that for another two months without any problems until I got the plastic cover replaced in my 10k kms service. It costed me about Rs.300 to 400 to replaced it from the showroom (Blue Hyundai, Mysore Road, Bengaluru).

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Hi Friends ,

Our Grand i10 AT is now one year old. Its overall a good package. However I am facing one irritating issue since day one and its really bothering me now. It's said that AT is best suited and enjoyed when you are in a slow moving traffic. But my experience has been otherwise. When you brake gently while in slow moving traffic it gives a jerk. It takes away the comfort of fellow passengers (other than the driver). This is my first AT and I was wondering it this is how it is or there is something wrong in this car design.

regards
Amol
Its a known issue in Grand i10, the grabby brakes. This thread has a lot of posts regarding the same issue. Even I had felt it initially when I got my car initially. In my opinion its just a matter of getting used to the brakes, that is learning how to apply the brakes in a non jerky manner. Otherwise the brakes are pefectly fine.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th March 2015 at 21:10. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
fazonater1911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 10:57   #728
Senior - BHPian

1) The trip reset issue does not seem to be related with the time count. Yesterday, I had the 99:58 hours on the display, stopped by the side of road, kept the engine running. The trip meter did NOT reset.
So I think the reset issue is related with something else.

2) The brakes and OE tyres, both are not good. Yesterday, while going to work, a 10-12 year child was walking by side of the road, suddenly thought of playing and started jumping in the middle of road. I was around 50 kmph, so braked hard. But somehow, my car vibrates if I brake hard is a controlled manner to avoid wheel lock.

Images I took yesterday of trip meter not resetting with the time counter.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20150320_181220.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20150320_181227.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20150320_181309.jpg  

aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:04   #729
BANNED

Last week, me too faced this issue being discussed here(trip meter resets). Apart from this, another issue I face is, whenever I load up the boot, the door lock/unlock request sensors stop working and a long beep sounds. Only remote locking works. On unloading the boot, the request sensors function fine. This happens without fail, every time I put something in the boot.

Another issue I face sometimes is, while unlocking the doors (via request sensors), the lock undergoes a cyclic unlock-lock-unlock (grug-grug-grug) routine in a quick succession and the mirrors fold up. So, after entering the car, I have to unfold the mirrors on my own.
Last weekend, took the car for 2nd free service. Morons at safdarjang hyundai Gurgaon, filled 5.5L of engine oil. I told them that as per user manual the engine oil capacity is 4.7L. To this they said that 'we fill 5.5L only in all diesel grands'. Brought the car home and next morning saw the oil level in dipstick way above the top level. Had to remove 700mL myself using ryles tube and 60mL syringe.

Apart from these issues, the car is working fine. Contrary to what others say, I infact like the car' behavior at speeds above 100KmpH. No noise inside cabin even upto 140KmPH and feels planted too. FE is around 19-20KmpL in winters with 300kM highway and 500kM city driving (in a tankful). I rarely go above 3000 RPM.
Ride is acceptable with 2-3 people, anything higher than that and it starts behaving like a pogo stick. Suspension bottoms out frequently with higher loads and a sharp kick comes in on hitting bump stoppers.

A perfect car for a non demanding or an un enthusiastic driver.

Last edited by chaudh2s : 23rd March 2015 at 13:06.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 13:26   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
I bought a 2015 White Grand i10 Sportz petrol earlier this week and when I reached the showroom to take the delivery was surprised to find body coloured door handles without sensors.

I was then informed that Hyundai has decided to Replace the Keyless Entry+ Push Button Start feature with the Inbuilt Music System (with 1Gb Storage & Bluetooth), Steering controls (from the Asta) and a Rear defogger for the Sportz trim starting 2015.

The Salesperson was ill informed and told us that as this was one of their first petrol 2015 models he wasn't aware about any changes apart from the defogger.

In my opinion, these are welcome changes as Bluetooth and a Defogger are basic features and keyless entry still remains a luxury.
I took the delivery of my Grand i10 Sportz model this Sunday.
Following are the diffferences of 2015 Gi10 as compared to 2014 Gi10

1. Rear Defogger added
2. Steering Wheel Mounted Control Added
3. Stereo with Bluetooth Controls
4. Auto Start-Stop removed
5. Micro Roof Antenna replaced with a Longish Roof Antenna
6. 1GB Storage for "My Music" added

In my opinion the changes are for good.
achopraa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 15:22   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
I took the delivery of my Grand i10 Sportz model this Sunday.
Following are the diffferences of 2015 Gi10 as compared to 2014 Gi10

1. Rear Defogger added
2. Steering Wheel Mounted Control Added
3. Stereo with Bluetooth Controls
4. Auto Start-Stop removed
5. Micro Roof Antenna replaced with a Longish Roof Antenna
6. 1GB Storage for "My Music" added

In my opinion the changes are for good.
Congrats on the new wheels achopraa !!!
All changes are really welcome. But why change the stubby antenna with a long one? Can you please post some pics of the car?
Old 12th April 2015, 18:02   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_saunak View Post
Congrats on the new wheels achopraa !!!
All changes are really welcome. But why change the stubby antenna with a long one? Can you please post some pics of the car?
Thanks for the wishes.
I actually noticed this quite late and then checked the brochure and it no longer had mention of Small Antenna.
The reception in second basement is really good with the current antenna as opposed to micro antenna in my Rapid.

Here are the pics (with changes)

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20150405_174836682_hdr-copy.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20150405_175228380_hdr.jpg

Steering Wheel with Bluetooth Control
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20150411_085710034_hdr.jpg

Music System wth 1GB Storage
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20150411_085830222.jpg

Long Antenna
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20150411_091221595_hdr-copy.jpg
achopraa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 01:08   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Thanks for the wishes.
I actually noticed this quite late and then checked the brochure and it no longer had mention of Small Antenna.
The reception in second basement is really good with the current antenna as opposed to micro antenna in my Rapid.
Hi

Even though the large antenna may look outdated compared to smaller ones, for India, it's good to have large one as my Grand i10 Asta with small antenna is no good and misses FM signals even in an underpass Road.

Another observation, while Hyundai have given steering Mounted controls in 2015 sportZ, they have quietly removed the leather wrapping, which was earlier available in limited edition SportZ launched last year during Diwali.
Old 15th April 2015, 11:21   #734
BHPian

Hello All!

Looking at the Grand i10 Asta(O) petrol for parents' purposes. My mom will be driving the car predominantly. Does anyone know of any offers running currently on the vehicle and also the delivery times? Also any dealers recommended around Noida would be appreciated

Thanks for your help!
Old 15th April 2015, 20:22   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
Hello All!

Looking at the Grand i10 Asta(O) petrol for parents' purposes. My mom will be driving the car predominantly. Does anyone know of any offers running currently on the vehicle and also the delivery times? Also any dealers recommended around Noida would be appreciated

Thanks for your help!

I got a discount of 22000 on Grand i10 - Sportz Version via my Company Car Lease.
I bought the car from Safdarjang Hyundai in Gurgaon (Udyog Vihar)
You can dial their number and ask for Manav.

Initially they offered me a paltry 6000 discount but upon negotiations the discount went north.
Also, this was without exchange of any Hyundai car.
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks