Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2019, 18:09   #1396
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I got it fixed.

My FNG immediately diagnosed it after a test drive in a quite parking lot. He told me that he will remove the front shock absorbers and grease them. In worst case, we need to change linkers (???).

So after test drive, he removed front shock absorbers and ruled out the need to change linkers.

The job took less than one hour. We went for test drive to the same place and there was no kat-kat sound.

I know it is too early but I will update this thread if it the sound comes comes back.

Great news.Which FNG is this? They should conduct a training session at Hyundai A.S.S.

By linkers he probably meant link rods.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 18:17   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Great news.Which FNG is this? They should conduct a training session at Hyundai A.S.S.
Too early to give that verdict. Get your car checked and if they fix it, then we can talk about giving this FNG that honour.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...i-gurgaon.html (Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon))
Old 31st December 2019, 10:57   #1398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

By linkers he probably meant link rods.
Did you visit them? Please update.
Old 3rd January 2020, 11:15   #1399
BHPian

Upgraded and upsized the tyres on my car. See my post here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Replaced the stock Goodyears on my Grand i10 with upsized 175/65/R14 ZLXs. The stock tyres were absolute crap. Had multiple punctures on everyone of them and it was affecting my confidence to take the car out on long drives. Had finalised Michelin XM2+s but changed at the last minute to the ZLXs. The latter cost lesser than the Michelins (Rs. 4250 vs Rs. 4950) and more importantly are also from a soft compound. They are durable too (dealer says 60k kms life. Will be happy with anything above 40k). Love the ride now. I feel a lot more insulated from the bumps and the road grips seems like it's better. Multiple folks said the MRFs were better suited to our conditions than the Michelins. While I take this with a grain if salt, I do believe the MRFs are quite close to what the Michelins offer.
Like I said there, very happy and the difference is perceptible. Briefly flirted with the idea of 185/60s but that may have had a noticeable effect on the pick up. The 175s are perfect for me. Combined with the near perfect gearbox-engine combo of the car, each ride is now so much more fun and comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
Attachment 1913405
Per tyre cost was Rs. 5000 for the upsized 175/65 R14 tyres and alignment and other necessities were provided for free.
Did you not consider the XM2+? Here in Mumbai, I was quoted 4900 for the same size as yours. They are essentially the same as the XMs but have been modified for better durability (dealer claimed 115k kms).
Quote:
Did almost 500kilometres after the upgrade, here are the few things that I noticed with respect to the car itself:
Agree with all your points An upsize to a good tire really does transform this car

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd January 2020 at 11:57. Reason: Posts merged as requested. Thank you!
Old 10th January 2020, 18:04   #1400
BHPian

My Grand i10 is having a strange problem. This afternoon when I switched on the AC a strange loud sound came from the engine bay, as if something was spinning but was coming into contact with something. The typical khrrrrrr sound. Then came home and saw that if I switch on the AC in idle the RPM falls drastically by 500-600. While accelerating the typical khrrrrrrrr sound can be heard inside the engine and in the cabin too.
Also, while switching on the AC, a loud thud can be heard when the compressor turns on.

If other users have faced the same problem, please share your inputs.

Last edited by Tanveer02 : 10th January 2020 at 18:16.
Old 10th January 2020, 18:42   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
My Grand i10 is having a strange problem. This afternoon when I switched on the AC a strange loud sound came from the engine bay, as if something was spinning but was coming into contact with something. The typical khrrrrrr sound. Then came home and saw that if I switch on the AC in idle the RPM falls drastically by 500-600. While accelerating the typical khrrrrrrrr sound can be heard inside the engine and in the cabin too.
Also, while switching on the AC, a loud thud can be heard when the compressor turns on.

If other users have faced the same problem, please share your inputs.
Tanveer,

Did you check the area in and around the AC compressor in the engine bay to see if anything is misaligned or loose? Is the sound heard everytime the ac is switched on irrespective of time of day?

With the ignition on (engine off), operate the AC on off switch and see if any untoward sounds can be heard. At the most you should hear a clicking sound (ac clutch engage disengage).

Repeat with engine on and try to locate the source of sound. See if the compressor shakes (indicating loose mount).

Also call your SA and apprise him of this development.
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 00:49   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Tanveer,

Did you check the area in and around the AC compressor in the engine bay to see if anything is misaligned or loose?
Your suggestion is spot on sir This piece of plastic (image attached below) broke in one corner and was coming in contact with the pulley. Will be taking the car tomorrow to HASS to replace the part. As for now, I've taped the part to stay in its intended place so that the belt and the pulley mechanism can operate freely.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-screenshot_20200111004032223_com.whatsapp.jpg
The area marked in blue is the plastic piece that broke off.
Tanveer02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 09:43   #1403
BHPian

I am facing a peculiar issue with my car. The keyless entry on two ocassions appeared dead and i had to open car with key. After that when i pressed the start button the car started. I have replaced car battery a month ago. What could be issue?
Old 16th January 2020, 20:51   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
I am facing a peculiar issue with my car. The keyless entry on two ocassions appeared dead and i had to open car with key. After that when i pressed the start button the car started. I have replaced car battery a month ago.

Please check the key battery. It might have died.
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 22:42   #1405
BHPian

Hi guys, I recently purchased a second hand Grand i10 Sportz 2013 (petrol). I had a few questions -

1. Tyres - the car is running on stock tyres and honestly they look kind of puny, I am not sure if there is a recommended upsizing for them? I will most likely change the tyres, so I just wanted to get some suggestions.
2. Arm rest - I am flirting with the idea of getting an arm rest for the car and saw a custom built one on Amazon https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07DC6XR41/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_8rTrEbJEJBB01. I wanted to know if there are any recommended ones which I can buy?
3. What is the service interval for the car running on synthetic oil?

Thanks for all the help! Cannot wait to upgrade this thread with pictures.
Old 18th February 2020, 22:45   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting here to know if any of the Grand i10 owner faced this issue.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4754048 (Disadvantages of keyless engine start systems)
Old 26th February 2020, 22:35   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Hi guys, I recently purchased a second hand Grand i10 Sportz 2013 (petrol). I had a few questions -

1. Tyres - the car is running on stock tyres and honestly they look kind of puny, I am not sure if there is a recommended upsizing for them? I will most likely change the tyres, so I just wanted to get some suggestions.
2. Arm rest - I am flirting with the idea of getting an arm rest for the car and saw a custom built one on Amazon https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07DC6XR41/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_8rTrEbJEJBB01. I wanted to know if there are any recommended ones which I can buy?
3. What is the service interval for the car running on synthetic oil?

Thanks for all the help! Cannot wait to upgrade this thread with pictures.
Congratulations on a really cool and FTD small car. I think it's the best car ever for Delhi traffic.

1. 185/60R14 (best upsize), 165/70/r14 (common size and GC)or 175/60R15 (xcent size).
I have never felt the need to upsize because the car is very stable and brakes well with the stock tyres.

2. I have the same armrest and it serves the purpose well at the cost of blocking the handbrake to some extent. Slip on armrests are very popular now and should be available between 500-1000 depending on the quality/ locality of car accessory shop.

3. In Indian conditions changing oil once in 12-14 months irrespective of mileage is advisable.

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 26th February 2020 at 22:40.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 10:03   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on a really cool and FTD small car. I think it's the best car ever for Delhi traffic.

1. 185/60R14 (best upsize), 165/70/r14 (common size and GC)or 175/60R15 (xcent size).
I have never felt the need to upsize because the car is very stable and brakes well with the stock tyres.

2. I have the same armrest and it serves the purpose well at the cost of blocking the handbrake to some extent. Slip on armrests are very popular now and should be available between 500-1000 depending on the quality/ locality of car accessory shop.

3. In Indian conditions changing oil once in 12-14 months irrespective of mileage is advisable.
Thank you for your response. I recently got the car back from the workshop. I decided to get the whole car painted. It is really fun to drive and I love the spacious cabin and the quality of interiors.

1. I went with the stock tyre size and changed all 4 tyres. Got the MRF ZVTV for 2500 each.

2. I got the arm rest from Palika Bhawan for 650 and I am very satisfied with the quality except for occasionally adjusting the position since it slides back at times.

3. Thanks, so that makes it 10,000 kms or 1 year? My annual running is about 7-8k kms at the most.

Questions -

1. The speed sensing automatic door lock works intermittently. Sometimes the doors lock upon attaining a speed of 10 kmph, and at times they do not. I am wondering if there is some switch for it.

2. The trip meter erratically resets on its own. This does not happen every time and it hasn't since the last ~100kms, but it resets on its own. A likely loose battery connection?
sibot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 11:27   #1409
BHPian

Dear Sibot,

Congratulations on the purchase. The answers to your questions are as below.

1. There is no speed sensing door lock in Grand i10 AFAIK. There is a switch to lock it manually. It is located in the driver side power window console. Pic of the same is attached.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-download.jpg
Beside the window lock button.

2. The trip meter resetting automatically is the sign of a weak battery. Please check for battery health.
Old 27th February 2020, 12:28   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post

1. I went with the stock tyre size and changed all 4 tyres. Got the MRF ZVTV for 2500 each.

2. I got the arm rest from Palika Bhawan for 650 and I am very satisfied with the quality except for occasionally adjusting the position since it slides back at times.
Hi Sibot, I own a 2015 Grand i10 Petrol Sportz, and I absolutely love the car for Bangalore's driving conditions.

One of my OE tyres recently suffered a sidewall cut and needs to be replaced. Given the age of the car, I think it might just be prudent to change all 5 tyres. Did you look at any other brands before zeroing on the MRFs? What is the price range that I can expect for OE tyres?

And I'd be extremely grateful if you could post a few pictures of the armrest as well.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks