Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 18:46   #166
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
Hey RSR! I have captured few snaps of "twilight blue, Silver, Wine red" of grand i10, when I visited showroom.
I can share the same, if you want to see them.
Yes, please. Do share pics of the Grand in diff. colours, I think many of us here would be interested to see how the car looks in various shades.
Old 26th September 2013, 20:02   #167
BHPian

Here are the few snaps of different color shades of grand i10, which I clicked when I visited the "Trident Hyundai, Whitefield Road" showroom last week.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-20130908-20.52.38.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-20130908-20.52.18.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-20130908-20.04.12.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-20130908-20.04.38.jpg  

GRAND23 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 21:52   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the few snaps of different color shades of grand i10, which I clicked when I visited the "Trident Hyundai, Whitefield Road" showroom last week.
Thanks for posting the snaps of the Grand i10 in three different shades. I kinda liked the first one, the silver. Somehow, I feel that the lighter shades -- white, silver, etc., would look nice on this car
Old 26th September 2013, 22:00   #169
BHPian

Thanks for posting these pic Grand23! Out of these, the silver one looks the best, although my favorite so far is the white one that a BHPian has a bought, a couple of pages back.

I have a feeling this car would look really good in black, hopefully someone will see one and post an image!
Old 26th September 2013, 22:56   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
I have a feeling this car would look really good in black, hopefully someone will see one and post an image!
Saw the car in person at our office where it was displayed by Hyundai. Yes I agree with you, it will definitely look better in a dark shade.

Have to admit that for the first time I'm impressed with a hyundai product (from looks and interiors perspective). The curves are not overdone this time, and the whole stance looks propotionate. Put in bigger alloys, and this can compete or even outclass Swift in the looks department.

The way the doors close, and the sheer quality of plastic inside was a revelation for the budget at which this car comes. Nothing but respect for Hyundai, they are improving with each product iteration it seems.
Old 27th September 2013, 02:43   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure you were in a Hyundai showroom ? Guess imitation is the best form of ..........

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-hyundai.jpg Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-ford-fiesta.jpg
Old 27th September 2013, 07:30   #172
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the pics . Silver looks better IMO. However, I hope the blue shown above is similar to the new blue shade that is available with i20. That colour looks very good usually. May be insufficient lighting in the showroom has played a spoil sport here.
Old 27th September 2013, 09:56   #173
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for sharing the pictures, GRAND23! I agree with the others that lighter shades seem to be a natural fit for the Grand i10. It must be because of the clean, understated design without too many flamboyant "fluidic" cuts and creases. Silver and white gel well with the design. My preferred colour is blue and this new "twilight blue" is unlike the other blue shades offered by Hyundai. It looks a bit grey-ish in the artificial lighting of the showroom and different under bright sunlight.

On another note, the roof rails are of the subtle kind and the car looks almost the same without them, unlike some vehicles where the roof rails seem conspicuous by their absence from the lower variants. It's good that the rear parking sensors are factory-fitted on the top two variants - they are neatly integrated into the rear bumper because of this.
Old 27th September 2013, 18:19   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
Are you sure you were in a Hyundai showroom ? Guess imitation is the best form of
Ford fiesta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka46 View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics . Silver looks better IMO. However, I hope the blue shown above is similar to the new blue shade that is available with i20. That colour looks very good usually. May be insufficient lighting in the showroom has played a spoil sport here.
You are right kaka46! I took snaps at almost 9PM with insufficient lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Silver and white gel well with the design. My preferred colour is blue and this new "twilight blue" is unlike the other blue shades offered by Hyundai. It looks a bit grey-ish in the artificial lighting of the showroom and different under bright sunlight.
Agreed RSR!
Even my preferred color is blue, the one i20 has, but not twilight blue as it mostly looks like grey.
There is one more color in grand i10 called as "stardust". The sales person was explaining me that its a mixed of two colors. In sunlight it looks like "twilight blue" and in shades as "blackish grey", the one current i10 has.
He says this color is specially launched for grand i10.

I am not sure, what do you think on this?
GRAND23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 23:23   #175
BHPian

I test drove the car and being interested in what a diesel feels like. Well I liked the pick up especially the pulling power with 4 occupants in 2nd and 3rd gear as the speeds lowered. It was very impressive. I liked the looks and the fresh look and feel. I did not however understand the engine noise on the testcar. It sounded rather loud. ONe of my friends who drove the same car from the same showroom was also complaining about it. According to him the Swift Diesel is much quieter. I don't know but that noise on a test drive car well I think maybe the car being used for test drive is grossly abused and hence the noise. Maybe some owner who has driven the diesel for some time may be the right person to comment. Overall I really liked the package on the grand i10.
Old 28th September 2013, 00:12   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

I would like to see the rear profile of this LHD variant. Hyundai made changes to the 'Grand' i10 for India with a larger rear window, etc. I assume this would have the Euro rear profile (which looks cool !).
Ask and thou shall get. Credit to the same photographer:

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-image4256767730.jpg
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 06:04   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The car looks very smart from the rear, especially without those umpteen badges on the tailgate.

Wonder why no Indian manufacturer wants to save some money on these meaningless badges.
Old 28th September 2013, 09:02   #178
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is one more color in grand i10 called as "stardust". The sales person was explaining me that its a mixed of two colors. In sunlight it looks like "twilight blue" and in shades as "blackish grey", the one current i10 has.
He says this color is specially launched for grand i10.

I am not sure, what do you think on this?
I think he must be correct. I don't see the "stardust" colour available on other Hyundai models. Manufacturers usually introduce some colours on new models/facelifts, in addition to the shades already on offer on their other models that share the same factory paint shop.

It looks like "stardust" and of course, Hyundai's communication colour - "golden orange", are the new colours introduced on the Grand i10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Thanks, moralfibre! If one leaves out the rear wash/wipe unit, then this is how the Magna variants meant for India would like (without the roof rails & side moulding but with wheelcaps). It's good that they don't differ too much from the higher variants on the appearance front, though the side moulding and the roof rails are very useful features to have.
Old 28th September 2013, 17:33   #179
BHPian

Hi,
Anyone having any idea when Automatic variant will be made available? Hyundai's website is mentioning Automatic transmission but dealers in Mumbai have no clue.
Thanks.
Old 29th September 2013, 12:02   #180
BHPian

Last week I had a TD of the Grand i10. Here are a few points that I noted

- Looks really good and big than one can imagine from the pictures. In the showroom, the i10 and Grand i10 were sitting side by side and the difference in size is considerable.
- Interior space is much bigger than Swift but a little smaller than Figo. Rear bench can accommodate 3 persons comfortable, provided they are medium built. When we went one of my friend is huge, more than 95 percentile, but the 3 of us were still able to sit but the shoulders brushed. For my family won't be an issue for 3 persons in the rear bench.
- Driver visibility is good, not so much of blind spots. Yes, but as GTO mentioned, the dash is mounted quite high but was quite OK for me and I am 5 ft 6'. Sorry but I did not try the height adjuster, even though the one I drove was an Asta.
- Engine noise in cabin at idling was minimal, though obviously is not absent but is indeed minimal. I turned off the music system to listen to the engine sound and feel the vibrations, but was pleasantly surprised. Friend's Figo even being a 4 cylinder has more engine noise in the cabin.
- For the drive, just a slight push and we are away with 5 persons in the car. The power delivery was quite smooth. At around 1500 rpm the turbo comes into action and it was fun. Though it was not as prominent as the Swift's turbo but was enough that the rear benchers took notice.
- Luckily, I got to drive on the Highway it reached 90 Km/h in no time. Till then, the engine is very smooth, after 90 - 100 kmph though, it feels as if the power drains out. Overtaking, as everyone has pointed out, will be a skill on highways at high speeds. Coming down to 4th for overtaking should be a routine I suppose.
- Handling was very easy. Steering did not feel as light as Wagon R or Ritz.
- Braking was firm and confident. But was it because of the ABS version, that was only available for TD, I don't know. Based on my Santro's brakes, I have no doubt it will be OK in non-ABS version too.

Based on the versions and their specifications, Asta (o) is very VFM.
Sadly, sports version though very well loaded lacks some basic features like rear defogger, height adjuster (must considering the high dash), rear seat adjustable headrest to name a few.

Only thing I missed in the car is a 60:40 split seats, would have made it perfect, though it's not a deal breaker.

I am surely confused between Grand i10 and Ford Figo but now after the TD I am leaning towards Grand i10. What do you guys suggest?
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks