Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:39   #151
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Screenshot taken from Nissan Terrano's official website now - 0900 AM British Standard Time, 22 Oct 2013.

Words fail me.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-nissanindiafail.png  

prashanthyr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:49   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
Screenshot taken from Nissan Terrano's official website now - 0900 AM British Standard Time, 22 Oct 2013.

Words fail me.
I saw this too. How can this even happen, its a Mazda interior and that is a totally different group.

Is Nissan such a nonchalant company. Do they not even check what they publish. And this not a image but a walk through, I Dont know, I can not even place my head around this.
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:06   #153
vij
BHPian

I checked the website yesterday and today morning. I dont see that. I see the much humbler Terrano interiors.
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:19   #154
BHPian

I checked this on both IE and Chrome - this seems to be a chrome specific problem. But still doesn't take away from the fact that Nissan India goofed up.
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:00   #155
BHPian

Has anyone collected actual pictures of all the available colours? Which colours are most popular? Does the white colour has black roof rails and door handles?
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:14   #156
vij
BHPian

I paid in full for terrano xl petrol + alloys+seat covers etc =12.38 otr hyd. Delivery on 1st nov.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Has anyone collected actual pictures of all the available colours? Which colours are most popular? Does the white colour has black roof rails and door handles?
I booked bronzegrey... I liked silver and red too. But there was already the similar silver duster in the near family...so chose the color of the terrano in this review. Only top 2 variants have silver roof rails... rest have black.

The alloys are awesome!!
Old 22nd October 2013, 23:33   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
I paid in full for terrano xl petrol + alloys+seat covers etc =12.38 otr hyd. Delivery on 1st nov.
Can you please explain the reasons for choosing the petrol over the diesel? Also what will you be missing in terms of equipment for going with the petrol? Did you TD the petrol and the 110 diesel?
Old 22nd October 2013, 23:41   #158
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Can you please explain the reasons for choosing the petrol over the diesel? Also what will you be missing in terms of equipment for going with the petrol? Did you TD the petrol and the 110 diesel?
I work from home primarily, so my usage is only around 500km per month.

I havent driven the Petrol Terrano but have driven the Petrol Duster,110PS diesel Duster and 110PS diesel Terrano. Diesel has power above 2,000RPM, but untill then it feels restrained and this is so so obvious. People say the 85PS has less turbo lag and is better suited to city driving. The Petrol has very linear power delivery but it never really pins you to the seat but theres is always the quietness and refinement you would expect from a petrol engine. And the Duster/Terrano ride quality is awesome and I like the handling too.

Petrol comes in only one version - the XL which is just above the base variant(of the diesel).

Petrol XL has quite a bit of equipment missing, check here
http://www.nissan.in/~/media/Files/N...ls/Terrano.pdf

I got the alloys, leather seats, steering cover, mudguard etc addons.
The Nissan alloys were very pricey - 55k. I loved it and had to get them

Last edited by vij : 23rd October 2013 at 00:05.
Old 24th October 2013, 12:46   #159
vij
BHPian

I have not even taken delivery yet and I am already thinking of a modification.

Do you guys think that matte black Vinyl Wrap on the roof will look good for Terrano "bronze-grey" color(same color as the car in this review) ?
Old 24th October 2013, 13:18   #160
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vij

Bronze-Grey is the same colour a the one reviewed by @n_aditya. I would suggest go for lighter shades for roof vinyl wrap that you are planning... something sort of Off-White or Beige would look good. Try few mods on the computer (on the .gif/ .jepg) before you do it on your vehicle.

CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 13:29   #161
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi Vij

Bronze-Grey is the same colour a the one reviewed by @n_aditya. I would suggest go for lighter shades for roof vinyl wrap that you are planning... something sort of Off-White or Beige would look good. Try few mods on the computer (on the .gif/ .jepg) before you do it on your vehicle.

Interesting suggestion. Never saw any car with beige vinyl wraps on the roof. May get some points for uniqueness perhaps

Last edited by vij : 24th October 2013 at 13:30.
Old 24th October 2013, 13:34   #162
Team-BHP Support

Just thought I'll mention a difference between the Terrano and the Duster for the new Duster 110PS RxL and the 110PS Terrano XL.

The prices are 11.05 for the Duster ex-Delhi and 11.33 for the Terrano ex-Delhi.

The Terrano is 28K more for the looks but what is more important is that the Duster now gets dual airbags and rear parking sensors in the RxL which is missing in the Terrano.

For the higher variants the critical features are same so the price difference is only for the Terrano's looks and styling.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 13:40   #163
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Just thought I'll mention a difference between the Terrano and the Duster for the new Duster 110PS RxL and the 110PS Terrano XL.

The prices are 11.05 for the Duster ex-Delhi and 11.33 for the Terrano ex-Delhi.

The Terrano is 28K more for the looks but what is more important is that the Duster now gets dual airbags and rear parking sensors in the RxL which is missing in the Terrano.

For the higher variants the critical features are same so the price difference is only for the Terrano's looks and styling.
So basically when you add those accessories to the terrano so as to match the Duster features, the price difference between the top-end models is as high as the price difference between the lower models of Duster:Terrano.

They have given that choice to the customer, which is good. Maybe Renault has asked the price difference to be a min 50k across comparable variants and Nissan tried a 'fast one' for the top end by adopting this strategy

Last edited by vij : 24th October 2013 at 13:45.
Old 24th October 2013, 13:44   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
So basically when you add those accessories to the terrano so as to match the Duster features, the price difference for the top-end models is as high as the price difference in the lower models of Duster:Terrano.

They have given that choice to the customer, which is good.
How do you add airbags as an accessory?

The Duster RxL is pretty decently speced and priced now. 11.05 plus some discounts gets you 110PS with ABS, dual airbags, parking sensors, bluetooth audio.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 14:30   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Duster RxL is pretty decently speced and priced now. 11.05 plus some discounts gets you 110PS with ABS, dual airbags, parking sensors, bluetooth audio.
+1.

I just booked the Duster 85 RXL (O) and got a cool 47K discount plus 4.5K worth of accessories for free. Same goes for the RXL 110 variant which is just 9K more expensive than the 85 RXL (O).

So if you look at it, the price difference between Duster RXL 110 and Terrano XL 110 is 28K, but add 50K discounts to it, and its a whooping 78K difference plus the added advantage of twin airbags!

It's hard to pick Terrano over the Duster at the moment, unless you hate the looks of Duster and floored by looks of Terrano.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks