Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2013, 17:33   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Freak View Post

As per local Renault dealer here it could be launched any time between March - April 2014.
Last I've read. Renault has no plans of a new vehicle or Duster refresh for India in 2014. They will be consolidating their product line and strategy.

But then in a competitive market, you never know.

Good for consumers.
Old 7th November 2013, 17:47   #212
vij
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
I believe the new engine might come as a top of the line RXZ variant that will be an enthusiasts car. The peak torque at low RPM is a great combo for petrol.

The petrol Terrano does not have many takers with it accounting about 5% of vehicles sold.
And I doubt an engine with more torque at the low end will help balance that figure more. But ya, I too think If it gets released, they might only offer it in the top end model like you said - similar to how they have spaced the diesel engines.

I took delivery of the nissan terrano Petrol early this week. My monthly usage is just about 350kms normally, as I work from home.

The car seemed bit stiff and slightly sluggish in the beginning but feels better already. The mileage was showing 6.6km/l when I drove home the car(19kms done) from the dealer... But now its steadily increasing and touched the 7.0km/l now(odometer showing 171kms now) with A/C in the city. Hopefully it will touch 9.0 soon.

There is not much at low RPM and first 2 gears but its getting better. I will make a report soon once I get my alloys(ordered the alloys of the top end) and break-in the car a bit more. But yeah, no oomph at the lower end but enough once we get past that.

Last edited by vij : 7th November 2013 at 17:56.
Old 7th November 2013, 18:12   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
I took delivery of the nissan terrano Petrol early this week. My monthly usage is just about 350kms normally, as I work from home.
Congrats Vij for your Terrano. Your feedback will be awaited in your ownership report

You might want to reset trip meter. It will reset your fuel consumption. Right now it is including the earlier figures, which seem to be low, for calculating your mileage.
Old 7th November 2013, 18:29   #214
BHPian

Quote:
The petrol Terrano does not have many takers with it accounting about 5% of vehicles sold.
========
But yeah, no oomph at the lower end but enough once we get past that.
It is time for you to initiate the ownership thread, as all this info is going to be useful to track. I should hopefully join in by month end
Old 10th November 2013, 17:22   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
You are lucky. Seriously. Your dealer has just cached your down payment cheque, my Duster dealer has completely taken *all* my money and not provided a firm delivery date. Looks like Renault/Nissan believe I taking their customers for a ride.
Well thank God I canceled my booking seeing that delivery ain't gonna happen by anytime that I wanted... but getting a refund was a big hassle only after did I raise the issue with Nissan customer care. It was a breeze after that but I don't think its a practical approach on a daily basis... its high time Nissan pull up their errin dealers.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:09   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! You look to be the first in Team BHP to buy a Terrano. Looking forward to your review on how it compares with Duster on Interiors and Sheet metal. I am told that Duster has a very thin sheet metal that buckles easily.
Old 14th November 2013, 14:39   #217
BHPian

Ok, so it has so far been a bad experience with Shahwar Nissan. Didn't want to drag this into my ownership thread, so letting it out now.

No test drive - I was promised a test drive (at home) and have had none so far. On checking they said the showroom vehicle would not go out for TD rounds. I agreed as it was not something I had asked for

Date of deliver - Was promised for pre-Diwali. Again this date was not on my request, but came from them. Never happened anyways.

No call backs - Not pro-active. From the date of pre-booking at Queens road showroom I have had to call them for updates on car variants, pricing, and recently even for status of deliver.

No coordination - There is lack coordination and ownership within the Sales team. I have had to explain the same facts & figures to multiple members in the same team. And they somehow made sure to give me conflicting answers. This included purchase of insurance from outside, disbursement of loan from the banker, purchase of accessories, DOD etc. At times I almost felt as part of their organization, working with the insurance company and bank staff on their behalf

Anyways DOD is this weekend. Hope they do not drag this any further. I am taking my wife along ...just in case there is a fist fight

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th November 2013 at 17:09.
anil_neo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 17:23   #218
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Terrano yesterday evening... it was a XL variant with after market 17" chrome alloys. Must say that the front appears classy as compared to Duster, but at the rear it looks a size smaller, maybe because of the tail-lights, which are bigger in this case.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 17:51   #219
vij
BHPian

Well, My Terrano(Petrol) is still waiting for the alloys. Its been 4 weeks since payment and they have still not delivered them and have no estimated date. I love the design of the company alloys. Do you guys think I could get the similar looking ones outside?
vij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 19:15   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Must say that the front appears classy as compared to Duster, but at the rear it looks a size smaller, maybe because of the tail-lights, which are bigger in this case.
+1 to that. I thought it was just me imagining it. The Terrano does look smaller, to me both front and back. Could be the V design at the front grill and the triangular tail lamps create that visual effect.

The butch look is faint and looks more refined.
Old 19th November 2013, 19:49   #221
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
+1 to that. I thought it was just me imagining it. The Terrano does look smaller, to me both front and back. Could be the V design at the front grill and the triangular tail lamps create that visual effect.

The butch look is faint and looks more refined.
Yes - the Terrano profile is similar but more refined - and like you say looks smaller.. Perhaps also because of the lesser height.

Last edited by vij : 19th November 2013 at 19:58.
Old 20th November 2013, 14:35   #222
BHPian

Finally cancelled the booking of Terrano on Monday. I had done a pre booking on 9th September.
Old 21st November 2013, 12:26   #223

I bought the Nissan Terrano 85 PS Diesel variant. I had booked it during the pre-booking period and received the vehicle before Deepawali. The dealership experience(Surya Nissan - Bangalore) was not so good and you need to push them for all aspects of a new car delivery.
The car itself is great to drive both in the city and on the high way.
ArunP_Terry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:10   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunP_Terry View Post
I bought the Nissan Terrano 85 PS Diesel variant. I had booked it during the pre-booking period and received the vehicle before Deepawali. The dealership experience(Surya Nissan - Bangalore) was not so good and you need to push them for all aspects of a new car delivery.
The car itself is great to drive both in the city and on the high way.
Congrats and all the best for a happy long association. Can you share us the Model info and the Price Split-up with any discounts got?
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:56   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunP_Terry View Post
I bought the Nissan Terrano 85 PS Diesel variant.
Many congrats and wishing you many happy miles with the ride!

Please post an ownership log of the ride. AFAIK, we do not have a single ownership thread on the forums for the Terrano yet - you've the privilege of posting the first one!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed