Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-297.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalBuff (Post 3869032)
Could any of the current owners confirm if the new Honda City is equipped with a burglar alarm system?

The post April model of Honda City does have a burglar alarm. It goes off if the door is opened manually after having been locked with the remote (and waited ~20 sec). It sounds like the car horn. Thinking back, tried to unlock the car from inside (it worked) when buying the car and didn't try to unlock it from outside. Can try in the evening and reply back here.

What it does not seem to do is to sound off when someone tries to damage the car, something that the tinny Alto's Nippon autocop manages every time even if the car cleaner lets the wiper down too hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinee (Post 3869669)
Got my Honda City VX CVT (Alabaster Silver) on 13th December. Trident Honda (Bangalore) was very helpful and everything was smooth. Will get the number on 14th December and they will come home and fix it for me. No accessories bought. Thought of upgrading the tyres, but pushing it for later.

Will post a detailed "my review" after a small drive we plan to do in the Christmas weekend.

Dear ashwinee,

So finally you are a proud owner of Honda City VX CVT.
I had a City ZX VTEC 2006. And - by the way - it was Alabaster Silver too!
My suggestion - do not upgrade the tyres. Just my 2 cents!
Also, I think you need not buy any accessories.
Just something nice smelling - maybe?

Have a happy and safe driving experience.

Girish Mahajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3867191)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alive2Drive (Post 3867249)
My car is applicable for a recall. I have already submitted a form on the honda website for the same. Should be getting a call soon from them.

Mine as well. I called the Service Center and they said it would be about half a day's work to make the replacement based on the recall. They would start from the 19 Dec. So mostly, he will call me back again next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalBuff (Post 3869032)
Could any of the current owners confirm if the new Honda City is equipped with a burglar alarm system?

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunsangal (Post 3869698)
...Can try in the evening and reply back here.

Tried yesterday evening. Alarm sounds when you try to unlock from outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKMahajan (Post 3869702)
Dear ashwinee,

So finally you are a proud owner of Honda City VX CVT.
I had a City ZX VTEC 2006. And - by the way - it was Alabaster Silver too!

Have a happy and safe driving experience.

Girish Mahajan

Thanks for the suggestion. Any particular reason for that (everyone else suggests an upgrade). Yes, no accessories as this is the top end. Dealership gave a Car Perfume (Natural, eco friendly types) as well and hence that's taken care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinee (Post 3870468)
Thanks for the suggestion. Any particular reason for that (everyone else suggests an upgrade). Yes, no accessories as this is the top end. Dealership gave a Car Perfume (Natural, eco friendly types) as well and hence that's taken care.

Dear ashwinee,

Actually, I have a friend who upgraded his tyres. He had bought his City within a month of my purchase - so, practically, we had the same model same time cars. I did not upgrade.

I have never sat in his car. But, his wife, who was my colleague, sat in both cars. From her feedback, there was no perceptible difference. He said that he had done it to avoid the car kissing the speedbreakers! Maybe it made a difference. However, I got a very good life from my original Bridgestone tyres (72,000 km). I am not into racing, so I did not feel any issues of cornering, etc. My point is that 'better is enemy of good'. My suggestion, keep as is - after some time you will know if you are comfy. If you feel you need something different, try it out on somebody else's car, then decide. Spending 25~30 kRs when Honda does not feel the need - why?

On another note, if you want to 'upgrade', then upgrade the quality of tyres - not the size! There is always a possibility of the tyres touching some part! IMHO only! I do not remember the full details, but I upgraded the quality of my tyres at the end of 72,000 km to more 'sporty' tyres of Bridgestone of same size. When I sold the City, after running for (130,000 - 72,000 = ) 58,000 km the tyres were still good and the ride was significantly better than with the originals.

But, in the end, it is all perception based! If you still want to - then (as Nike says) Just Do It!

Girish Mahajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKMahajan (Post 3870566)
Dear ashwinee,
Actually, I have a friend who upgraded his tyres. He had bought his City within a month of my purchase - so, practically, we had the same model same time cars. I did not upgrade.

Makes perfect sense. With 150 KMs on odo, I feel the car is really planted and better than most cars I have driven. Got Good Year as factory fitted tyres. I did replace my old cars factory tyres with Bridgestone Potenza G3 and had seen lot of improvement. Will do the same here. If it aint broken, why fix it? Got the same suggestion from the garage where I used to service my old car.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting entire post while responding

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinee (Post 3870732)
Makes perfect sense. With 150 KMs on odo, I feel the car is really planted and better than most cars I have driven. Got Good Year as factory fitted tyres. I did replace my old cars factory tyres with Bridgestone Potenza G3 and had seen lot of improvement. Will do the same here. If it aint broken, why fix it? Got the same suggestion from the garage where I used to service my old car.

Dear ashwinee,

Glad I could add value. Like I have already said - it is all perception!

Now, go and ENJOY the car.
Drive safe and be happy.

Girish Mahajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKMahajan (Post 3869702)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKMahajan (Post 3870566)
Dear ashwinee,

I did not feel any issues of cornering, etc. My point is that 'better is enemy of good'. ....

On another note, if you want to 'upgrade', then upgrade the quality of tyres - not the size! ......
But, in the end, it is all perception based! If you still want to - then (as Nike says) Just Do It!

Girish Mahajan

+1, I haven't felt any need for a tyre upgrade, the stock size is grippy (upto 120 kmph) and comfortable is more than adequate for our road conditions. The ground clearance is very good, so there is no need to have a bigger diameter tyre. I'm running on MRF ZVTV and happy with it and when the time to upgrade comes, I'll stick to the same size but possibly opt for Michellin XM2 (with the perception that this would be a better quality tyre).

I've never upgraded the tyre size on any of my previous cars and stuck to OEM specifications and have always changed the tyres every 5 years even if their condition looked good. Tyres tend to get brittle as they age, so please check the manufacturing date of the tyre when you buy them. This is embossed in the tyre but unfortunately it is cryptic to read. For eg: 0514 would mean manufactured on the 5th week of the year 2014. Regardless of how good a car maybe, Tyres are the only point of contact with the road and its very important for them to be in perfect condition, so its good that wheel alignment, balancing and tyre rotation every 10K km.
(link1). Link2

The V and VX models are fully loaded and don't need any additional accessories except a perfume bottle and tissue box

After a year, I put transparent(non-slip) floor mats over the existing fabric mats. The fabric mats is a hightly impractical choice given our conditions. The get so dirty easily by whenever anyone with a mud soiled footwear, it used to keep me on tenterhooks. Now I have peace of mind knowing that the muck won't percolate beyond the transparent mats.

The factory fabric seats without any seat covers is also very comfortable and dissipates sweat efficiently.

I have the following extras in the boot.
Tyre pressure guage, puncture repair kit, Tyre inflator.

Can you guys tell me what fuel efficiency you are getting on the i-Vtec during city and highway drives?

Can you guys tell me what fuel efficiency you are getting for the i-Vtec on city and highway drives? City owners please help. :D

Ok. The build quality of this generation of City officially sucks. Random noises and rattles that that the ASCs cant fix, a permanently squeaking back seat, super thin and dent-prone body panels and a paint job so appalling that a 3year old can scratch it with her fingernails.

And the worst part is that lousy front bumper. It is so fragile that it starts to fall off with even minimal impact. Just the other day, kids were playing football in the street and the ball hit the bumper. It got misaligned! And this is not the first time. Twice, that thing has completely fallen of due to minor hits with bikes and rickshaws in rush hour traffic. Both times, I had to get out of the car to put that piece of plastic shit into the boot and then drive all the way to the ASC with the car looking like a monstrosity. Similar hits don't even leave a scratch on my Gen1 Jazz.

I am so done with it, I am sending the car over to my trusted denter tomorrow. I am open to him drilling holes and simply bolting the bumper into place. It will look ugly but as long as it can keep the bumper from falling off at the slightest provocation, I am good.

Misaligned bumper
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20151218_245514984.jpg

One-finger gap between bumper and headlight
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20151218_245544423.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3872590)
Ok. The build quality of this generation of City officially sucks. Random noises and rattles that that the ASCs cant fix, a permanently Ge

Sad to see you finding so many issues with the car related to build quality, have you tried mailing Honda about it? The last gen city was bullet proof, wonder what went wrong this time.

In one of the photos you posted, i could spot some moisture inside the headlamp too. Is it there or are my eyes playing tricks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iss1307 (Post 3872555)
Can you guys tell me what fuel efficiency you are getting on the i-Vtec during city and highway drives?

The City returns a mileage of around 10-12Km in City conditions (Stop n Go Traffic) and it goes up to 18KM on Long highway stretches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno (Post 3872719)
The City returns a mileage of around 10-12Km in City conditions (Stop n Go Traffic) and it goes up to 18KM on Long highway stretches.

Oh! I thought it might give 14-15 in city condition.
And there was one BHPian claiming 22 on highways using cruise control.