Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-397.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4332991)
Only 1,953 Verna sold in Dec’17 and the numbers atleast are a setback for the Korean OEM.

One of the reasons for this is the utter lack of space at the rear. My friend who was sold on Verna AT for its looks /features was totally disappointed with the space. His Verna booking converted to City ZX AT

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4333542)
I am seeing much better coverage at cheaper premium rate from "coverfox" on Kotak general insurance as compared to what Honda Assurance [Bajaj Allianz] offers me from Whitefield Honda.

Check with your dealer what the Honda Assurance policy includes: RSA, 0-Dep?

Honda RSA is pretty good so I'd recommend getting the Honda Assurancepolicy also considering the reason PrideRed has mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4333698)
While the premium is lower, most likely the dealer will not honor your cashless claims. As long as you are okay to forego cashless claims, you can buy insurance from outside.

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4333698)
While the premium is lower, most likely the dealer will not honor your cashless claims. As long as you are okay to forego cashless claims, you can buy insurance from outside.

Thanks. If "reimbursement" process is not of much hassle, I don't mind doing that because of the savings I see in comparison.
But, I see your point. Its the question of convenience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4333822)
Check with your dealer what the Honda Assurance policy includes: RSA, 0-Dep?

Honda RSA is pretty good so I'd recommend getting the Honda Assurancepolicy also considering the reason PrideRed has mentioned.

I agree, I had been with Honda RSA for the last 2 years. No claims made though.
I am already running at 50% NCB.

Thanks again, folks. I would most likely go with the Honda Assure but the difference of 10K in premium seems too much to me!

Prem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4333833)
Thanks. If "reimbursement" process is not of much hassle, I don't mind doing that because of the savings I see in comparison.
But, I see your point. Its the question of convenience.

I have had great experience with Honda Assure where I had a large claim and it went very smooth. But like what you are saying this year I decided to move away due to the higher cost this year. Based on quotes from multiple vendors I finalized on Tata AIG - more details here: URL

As called out on my earlier post, HDFC Ergo had the best quote but based on my research online I found the settlement process was a time consuming one on HDFC Ergo whereas Tata AIG seems to have a 7 day assured settlement process. Based on that input I went with Tata AIG. I do not have much info on Kotak though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4333954)
I have had great experience with Honda Assure where I had a large claim and it went very smooth. But like what you are saying this year I decided to move away due to the higher cost this year. Based on quotes from multiple vendors I finalized on Tata AIG - more details here: URL

As called out on my earlier post, HDFC Ergo had the best quote but based on my research online I found the settlement process was a time consuming one on HDFC Ergo whereas Tata AIG seems to have a 7 day assured settlement process. Based on that input I went with Tata AIG. I do not have much info on Kotak though...

Thank you.
For my 2 years completed Honda City, I am seeing a difference of 10K difference b/w Honda Assure v/s HDFC Ergo through coverfox and 12K difference b/w Honda Assure v/s Bharati Axa through Policy Bazaar.

Also, I see that Bharati AXA has listed "Whitefield Honda" as one of the "cashless" garage.

Bharti AXA includes RSA and Consumables that are not included with Honda Assure [as per what I was told from the showroom].

Prem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4333980)
Thank you.
For my 2 years completed Honda City, I am seeing a difference of 10K difference b/w Honda Assure v/s HDFC Ergo through coverfox and 12K difference b/w Honda Assure v/s Bharati Axa through Policy Bazaar.

Also, I see that Bharati AXA has listed "Whitefield Honda" as one of the "cashless" garage.

Bharti AXA includes RSA and Consumables that are not included with Honda Assure [as per what I was told from the showroom].

Prem.

Would recommend that you post a question on the Bharti AXA thread: URL to get more inputs on how good they are in recent times.

Seems a free service camp is organised by Honda at various dealerships nationwide. Below is link to zigwheels article on the same.

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...s-india/29485/

Text from the article

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda.png

Got the same confirmed with Whitefield Honda just now and booked a slot.

Any past experience or feedback on such service camps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suryendu87 (Post 4335094)
Seems a free service camp is organised by Honda at various dealerships nationwide. Below is link to zigwheels article on the same.

Got the same confirmed with Whitefield Honda just now and booked a slot.

Any past experience or feedback on such service camps?

Yes, this is a probably a country-wide program organised by Honda itself. I have been receiving these messages from my local dealer in Ranchi (Basudeb Honda) and Kolkata as well (Pinnacle Honda).

The offerings are as below as per the texts I have been receiving for last 3 days:
1. 50 point free check up
2. Free Top wash
3. 10% discount on extended warranty purchase & road side assistance
4. 20% discount for value added services
5. 10% discount on labour charges

Regards,
Saket

Quoting my own post from another thread. CAn anybody help me here locate a place where I can buy the 3D Kagu MAXpider mats for a 2014 model City?
Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4335605)
I'm looking for authentic 3D Kagu MAXpider mats for my Brother in law's 2014 Honda city in Bengaluru. Not able to ind them online. Any idea where I can source these?

Google Car Shringar at JC Road or Hot Tracks on Victoria Road. Have found them to be very enterprising and helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4335129)
Yes, this is a probably a country-wide program organised by Honda itself. I have been receiving these messages from my local dealer in Ranchi (Basudeb Honda) and Kolkata as well (Pinnacle Honda).

The offerings are as below as per the texts I have been receiving for last 3 days:
1. 50 point free check up
2. Free Top wash
3. 10% discount on extended warranty purchase & road side assistance
4. 20% discount for value added services
5. 10% discount on labour charges

Regards,
Saket

I was thinking of taking the car for the Free Check Up and also asked about the Extended Warranty. Magnum Honda, Bangalore quoted a price of Rs.9,589/- for the 5th Year Insurance. Not sure if this is the discounted price.
The email does say we can take Extended Warranty for the 6th and 7th Year as well until the ODO hits 1,00,000 kms.

Honda Engines are generally considered safe - so is it an overkill to go for Extended Warranty on the i-DTEC engine or is it a necessity? Please advice...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4336814)
Magnum Honda, Bangalore quoted a price of Rs.9,589/- for the 5th Year Insurance. Not sure if this is the discounted price.

Amount quoted is on a higher side. I presume you service vehicle as recommended by Honda.

Attached extended warranty pricing details which I received last month from SA (no free service camps were running then, means this is not discounted price).

Honda seems to have silently increased the City price across all variants.

Pune ex-showroom price for ZX CVT variant
Dec'17 - Rs. 13,83,100
Jan'18 - Rs. 13,96,497

An increase of approximately 13K. Same goes for VX CVT too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 (Post 4338157)
Amount quoted is on a higher side. I presume you service vehicle as recommended by Honda.

Attached extended warranty pricing details which I received last month from SA (no free service camps were running then, means this is not discounted price).

Thanks for sharing. I enquired at multiple dealer outlets and got multiple responses.
  1. I called Dakshin Honda and the lady said she will call back and never called back for 2 days.
  2. In the meanwhile Magnum Honda guys sent the mail with the quote of 9.5K +. They said there is no discount on Warranty.
  3. Then I called Whitefield Honda and it was hilarious - the guy said I need to come to your house and see the car lol:

By this time, The Dakshin Honda lady calls back and says she can offer me a two year extension at 11,324 which also includes RSA for 2 years!!

I realized this is too good to be true and asked the lady to double check with some additional person. She then revised the quote to 15,236 (saying the earlier quote was indeed a mistake) for two years without RSA and said it is discounted by 20% during the Service Camp Period and shared the same info over an email. I finalized on this and I have paid the money - will need to wait and validate that the Warranty information does get extended by 2 years. My RSA is valid till Apr 2018 and hence there is no real hurry - will call again tomorrow and check for any offers. I believe tomorrow is the last day for the offers.

Other than that, I drove to Magnum Honda on Kanakapura Road, Bangalore today and gave for the Free 50 Point check up. I checked in at 9-15 AM and there were already 50+ cars before mine.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20180113_093438_hdr.jpg
Poster at the Entrance to the Service Bay, Magnum Honda

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20180113_093411_hdr.jpg
Service Bay filled with cars

My main issue was the rattle from the Speedometer. Not sure what all they checked - the guy claimed everything is fine at the time of delivery which was 5.-30 PM. The bill was for Rs.0/- and when I drove back the Speedo Rattle was gone :thumbs up

Hello Fellow BHPians
I have a City 2014 iDTECH SV which was delivered with the Good Year 175/65 R15 tyres. I have already clocked 58K kms. On my recent visit for Balancing/Alignment I was suggested by the mechanic that my tyres cannot be balanced any more as there are slight bubbles on the walls and suggested me to replace my tyres.
I went out to various vendors and found that Continental and Michelin seem to be a good option to move to, after my 3.7 years of Good year driving. Both of them looked good to me as none of them are Carbon tyres. I even plan to upgrade to 185/65 R15.
Based on experience of all of you, which ones should I move on to? Michelin or Continental? Any help really appreciated.