Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2018, 14:42   #6061
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Before ordering, please check the system's entry if this is the part you wanted.
Part Number : 77611T9AT51ZA
Part Name : OUTLET ASSY. CENTER (NH900L)
Price : ~1700 rupees
Thanks a lot! I do see that the part is available from BoodMo Online - URL
There is no photograph though - so need to double check at the Service Center.
Old 12th April 2018, 19:51   #6062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
IIRC the difference between the VX MT iVtec and ZX CVT iVtec is somewhere around 2 lakhs.

80k difference is for the VX iDtec/ZX iDtec or are you comparing the VX CVT with the ZX CVT ?
My bad. I actually forgot about the fact that ZX petrol comes only with CVT. I had checked out only CVT models, so was under the impression that MT also would be having a ZX with similar price difference. Thanks for the correction.
Old 13th April 2018, 16:59   #6063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRaccoon View Post

While the heart says VX as it will be a better upgrade from the i20 (which has leather wrapped gear knob, steering etc.) the mind is looking at the numbers and questioning if I 'need' a sunroof.

Wanted to take opinions from both V and VX variant owners - which one should I go for ?
I was in a similar dilemma last year and then went ahead with V.

Leather interiors can be done from outside if you want for the seats. Leather on the dashboard was a complete no no for me, because over time I wasn't sure how it would last.
15 inch wheels helped me for 2 reasons. Firstly, the alloys look better and I upgraded to 195 section making them wider than the 185 on Vx. Also I carry a tyre inflator, so I will only use the stepney as a last resort.
I was of the opinion that white lights during rain generally creates visibility issues, not sure how it is for the LEDs. I upgraded the bulbs to NBUs and am pretty happy. Maybe will upgrade to bixeon HID fogs, not sure yet.
Telescopic steering, auto dim IRVM and rear reading lamp was not a deal breaker for me with the latter two being available aftermarket if ever the need be.
Ultimately it boiled down to Sunroof and I was not keen to spend near 2.5L (3.4L with interest) for it. When I sell the car, I doubt I will get more 50k extra for having a sunroof.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 13th April 2018 at 17:01.
Altocumulus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 00:18   #6064
BHPian

I would advise all to check out this video from Honda Japan.

If said features like Collision Prevention Warning and Auto Lane Adjust were added to the current city, I believe it would be unbeatable in the current segment.

Let's hope we see it in the next gen City.

Old 19th April 2018, 13:45   #6065
BHPian

Got my city serviced on 25th March at Whitefield Honda. It was the 1st paid service and included oil change. Post reaching home, I checked oil level and it was nearly at half of dipstick's marked levels which is usual for a cold engine. Did not bother to check afterwards.

However, after a 15 kilometers(45 minutes) journey through bengaluru traffic today, decided to have a look at the oil level when engine is hot, found it nearly at the 3/4th mark. 2 questions:

1)Should not it be supposed to show at the highest level of dip stick when engine is hot?
2)When I was putting on the cover, bent down and saw a wet patch on the ground near the front left wheel. It seemed fresh but the smell or feel was not of oil. Checked the engine guard as well and it was dry.

I have a planned trip to mangalore- udupi next weekend and these small things are not helping. May be, I will visit a car wash over this weekend to lift up and ensure nothing is leaking. Any other suggestions on this?
Old 19th April 2018, 13:52   #6066
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
2)When I was putting on the cover, bent down and saw a wet patch on the ground near the front left wheel. It seemed fresh but the smell or feel was not of oil. Checked the engine guard as well and it was dry.
This could be the discharge water from the a/c compressor.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 19:34   #6067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
decided to have a look at the oil level when engine is hot, found it nearly at the 3/4th mark. 2 questions:

1)Should not it be supposed to show at the highest level of dip stick when engine is hot?
1) AFAIK you're not supposed to check a hot engine for oil levels because it will always show less because in simple words, a lot of the oil is up in the engine doing its work and takes time to all tricke down into the sump to give a right reading. I'd suggest at least a 3-4 hour wait after switching off to be a good time to take a reading. Or best in the morning before starting.

2) That should be your Ac evaporator excess water dripping from its drain pipe. It's normal.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 07:17   #6068
BHPian

Hey Guys,
My stock B250's have completed 44k in 2.5 years and looking almost bald because of Long highway runs on cement roads. I am planning to change tyres and my priorities are low tyre noise,good riding comfort and good tyre life on cement roads.
Can you guys suggest some silent,comfy and decent lasting (55K-60K)tyres for highway runs?
Old 2nd May 2018, 08:15   #6069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
Hey Guys,
My stock B250's have completed 44k in 2.5 years and looking almost bald because of Long highway runs on cement roads. I am planning to change tyres and my priorities are low tyre noise,good riding comfort and good tyre life on cement roads.
Can you guys suggest some silent,comfy and decent lasting (55K-60K)tyres for highway runs?
Michelin XM2 and Yokohama Earth 1 should be your choices according to me. I personally prefer the Yokohamas as they are value for money with almost equivalent performance to michelins. Do checkout our tyre and alloy section, you will get an accurate foresight.
Old 4th May 2018, 09:49   #6070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
Hey Guys,
I changed from Michelin XM2 to Continental MC5. Continental MC5 have completely matched the XM2 experience with a tad lesser cost. Done about 6-7K kms on the Continental MC5 till now. XM2 were good but then went hard too early. BY the end of three years itself, the tyres were hard and tyre noise had increased.
Old 7th May 2018, 21:13   #6071
Team-BHP Support

I was using a City CVT over the weekend. Coming from a Jetta and also driving the Yaris on test with us, I found that
  • City build is flimsy
  • Transmission shunt when driving hard
  • Stupid boot lever positioning - I opened the boot instead of adjusting seat
  • Nice instruments
  • Goes to pieces on rough roads
  • This one was slightly rattly after 2 years and 20000km.
ajmat is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 23:13   #6072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I was using a City CVT over the weekend. Coming from a Jetta and also driving the Yaris on test with us, I found that
  • City build is flimsy
  • Transmission shunt when driving hard
  • Stupid boot lever positioning - I opened the boot instead of adjusting seat
  • Nice instruments
  • Goes to pieces on rough roads
  • This one was slightly rattly after 2 years and 20000km.

1) Felt the same when downgrading from a CR-V. The City is very poorly built, the doors flex right at the touch of a finger.

2) This takes some time getting used to. While overtaking, do not apply full throttle, gently press the A pedal and the sound significantly reduces.

3) Never faced a problem with this. Anyways, you also have the key fob to open the boot with.

4) Ride quality on stock Bridgestone Ecopia’s is very, very poor. However, as reported by BHPians, changing the tyres improves ride quality quite significantly.

5) Ours is slightly rattly too, after 7 months and 6500 kilometres. The rattles are pronounced on bad roads which makes it very irritating to drive on poor roads - combined with the bad ride quality.

Prathik
Prathiiik is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 20:24   #6073
BHPian

Folks,

My honda city's antenna is stolen and what I thought would be resolved by a simple visit to a accessory shop has become full fledged "hunt". Honda service center has no stock, can't find it online either. Shark fins available online are not in titanium color.

Any ideas where can I get this from ? Not motivated to visit JC Road.
Old 10th May 2018, 17:48   #6074
BHPian

Sounds very strange!! Why would someone steal a Shark Fin Antenna? I believe they would want to sell it in the second hand market.

If Honda is not having any stock, you can also contact Hyundai and get one from Creta as the metallic color is similar.

Also, how is the assembly of the antenna done? Is it placed on a bolt? Or is it stuck to the roof surface?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelydude77 View Post
Folks,

My honda city's antenna is stolen and what I thought would be resolved by a simple visit to a accessory shop has become full fledged "hunt". Honda service center has no stock, can't find it online either. Shark fins available online are not in titanium color.

Any ideas where can I get this from ? Not motivated to visit JC Road.
abhisheknandan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 22:45   #6075
BHPian

Time to add another Honda to the garage!

After driving the Honda Amaze i-Dtec for 5yrs at almost 80K kms my dad decides it's time to get home the car he always wanted. The Honda City this year.

So after very careful consideration the trusty and again our 5yr old Hyundai i10 will retire to make space for the City. While the Amaze will replace it as the daily runner.

After my dad had his stint with re diesel motor of the Honda (though noisy its simply lovable) wanted to get home the City in the diesel variant. Finally somehow convinced dad that #VtecKickedIn is more cooler than 27.6kmpl

And we are now going ahead with the City Petrol (V MT). And the confusion of the color Silver v/s Mettalic Grey is still there and will be mostly in favour of the Alabaster Grey. As with 11.53L OTR in Goa calls for superb VFM too. VX is a sweet model but sunroof is something we will never use. Sadly will miss on LED headlamp and fog lamps. And yes the 16inch wheels with wider rubber.

Now coming mainly to the rubber. I plan to change the tyres as soon as the car rolls out of the dealership. Stock tyres are 175/65-R15 and I plan to get the wider (improves the looks as well) 195/60-R15

Been using the Yokohama Earth1 on the Amaze and the i10 as well. No complaints whatsoever.

Are those a good choice to go for on the City for upsizing or should I consider tyres like Goodyear Assurance Triplemax, MRF Perfinza or ZLO?

All the help would be appreciated. Thanks
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks