Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2019, 18:37   #2746
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_404 View Post
I have a 2016 vtvt asta option model. It has done 42k kms on it's stock apollo alnac 4g tyres and now am planning to get them changed. My main priorities are comfort and logitivity. What options do i have for the replacement?
My suggestion is Michelin Energy XM2. It is smooth, comfort and longevity (with proper care of wheel alignment and rotation at every 5K kms). The goodyear stock in my CRDI asta has lasted for 60K kms and I switched to XM2 same profile. So far I did 9K kms with no issue.
vijayk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 22:09   #2747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
If your priority is comfort go for Michelin’s,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_machine View Post
Recently, I have changed mine good year to Continental mc 5 in my 2015 asta diesel, after alot of market study and comparison with other options like Michelins ,hankook etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
My suggestion is Michelin Energy XM2.
Thank you all for your suggestions. I have decided to go forward with michelin p4st in the wider 205 55 r16 profile. As this profile has a really low supply i have placed an order and am waiting for them to arrive.They will cost me 8.3k per tyre.

Last edited by ampere : 17th July 2019 at 06:49. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 17th July 2019, 00:48   #2748
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for your suggestions. I have decided to go forward with michelin p4st in the wider 205 55 r16 profile. As this profile has a really low supply i have placed an order and am waiting for them to arrive.They will cost me 8.3k per tyre.
Don't you feel these will be a size too big for a 1.2 Petrol? For the diesel, it will be alright, but I am not sure whether you should pick a size bigger. Also it will make your fuel economy go down as well
The i20 is adequately 'tired' for its size. You might as well buy Michelin XM2s on the stock size.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 08:58   #2749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Don't you feel these will be a size too big for a 1.2 Petrol?

To be honest this was the first time I have gone for a tyre upsize. As most of the owners went for michelin p4st or p3st i thought to give them a try. I didn't find any reviews for xm2's on a elite. How much do u think the performance and fe will be hampered?
JD_404 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 14:50   #2750
BHPian

Quote:

To be honest this was the first time I have gone for a tyre upsize. As most of the owners went for michelin p4st or p3st i thought to give them a try. I didn't find any reviews for xm2's on a elite. How much do u think the performance and fe will be hampered?
Have a look at Yokohama Blue Earth AE 50.
They are as good as Michelins plus cheaper too. Available in 195/55/16 size. I am using them on my Fluidic Verna for past one month.

Last edited by GTO : 20th July 2019 at 07:17. Reason: Formatting
M124 is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 17th July 2019, 15:27   #2751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A bit of unsolicited advice here, but 205 section tires will be an overkill for the i20. I have used the 195 section Yokohamas in my Swift for the last seven years, with no complaints wither in grip or braking, and continue to now use 195 section Michelin P4STs in my Honda City. Again without any complaints whatsoever.

You should strongly consider 195 sections for your i20. Not only will it cost you less money, but manoeuvrability and fuel efficiency will also be better, without any appreciable difference in performance. In other words, 195s provide the golden mean between ride, performance, handling and FE.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 21:44   #2752
BHPian

Thank you all for your advice. I have decided to stick with the stock 195 55 r16 profile.
Old 27th July 2019, 15:16   #2753

Hi All,
Have a strange problem with my cars radio, I have the Elite i20 Asta O with the AVN from 2015. When I tune in the English Radio stations 91.9 or 94.3, the radio keeps jumping between the two with no input from me. Have tried re-setting, changing fuse, removing the antenna but still the problem persists.
Has anyone else faced this issue and know how to resolve it?
Posted a pic of the AVN to help. As you can see the top line shows the radio station to be 91.9 but the signal is coming from 94.3 and this keeps jumping.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-car.jpg  

Old 29th July 2019, 08:57   #2754

Hello everyone !

I have a query. I am having a 2017 Elite i20 Asta (P) Dual Tone. 27000 km on the odometer. Around 4~5 months ago, the car developed a TIK - TIK kind of noise from Cylinder Head side when the engine is cold (irrespective of the time of the day). The sound can be heard clearly even with the lid closed. However, the TIK - TIK sound wanes out with the rise in temperature and after 20 minutes or so it completely eliminates only to return the next time I start the engine after it has cooled off.
The noise is irritating to say the least and sounds like a diesel motor.

Checked it at the dealership (Deep Hyundai, Delhi) & they opined that the sound may have been due to carbon deposits on the piston top or combustion chamber. They suggested to put a Fuel system cleaner (BG 44K) in a tank full, which should solve the problem. However, no improvement was noticed.

Next, I moved to Unity Hyundai, Delhi (Friend's reference) for the solution and a senior technician there also said the same thing (possibility of carbon deposits over Piston top/ Combustion chamber). They suggested to clean the Cylinder Head using some cleaner to solve the problem. After the cleaning the sound did reduce but was right back after 2-3 days.

Now I have escalated the concern to the Hyundai Motor India (through the dealer) & they are asking for the car to be kept with them for 4-5 days to diagnose the problem.

Did anyone of us here faced this problem in his/ her elite i20 petrol ? If yes, what was the remedy. Suggestions are most welcome.

Regards,
Coolvik.
Coolvik_2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 16:32   #2755
BHPian

Hey Everyone,

I am planning to replace the audio system on my 2017 i20. Currently, it has the 2DIN Hyundai HU (non AVN model).

I am planning to go with Sony XAV-AX1000 -> Simple, no frills, front USB/AUX, Apple CarPlay

Had a few queries with how well 3rd party systems integrate with the car:

1. Any experience with Sony systems and the steering mounted controls?
2. Can the inbuilt bluetooth mic (the one near the cabin light) be used with a 3rd party AVN, or do I have to use a separate mic.
3. For AVNs which do not have a front USB/AUX header, can we repurpose the stock headers, instead of the ugly wiring through the glovebox most shops are pushing for.
Old 4th August 2019, 16:44   #2756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I am planning to replace the audio system on my 2017 i20. Currently, it has the 2DIN Hyundai HU (non AVN model).

I am planning to go with Sony XAV-AX1000 -> Simple, no frills, front USB/AUX, Apple CarPlay
Spend a bit more and go for AX5000.
I had installed it in my Vista recently.
  • Capacitive touch is ultra superb
  • 2 usb inputs. 1 with fast charge/usb music or video, 1 for AndroidAuto/Apple car play
  • 55w x 4 RMS
  • Integrates with all leading Indian, Korean and Japanese cars' existing steering mounted controls
  • Has 3 pre outs
  • 7 inch screen
  • Comes with its own mic. Can use existing mic also but I recommend using the Sony one. Get it mounted on top right corner of the windshield with wiring via A pillar. Its super clear and far better in calls or Google assistant compared to car OEM.
  • I could install one of the USB in existing port. Other was sticking out of the glove box. You can opt not to install the 2nd one altogether. Connector is modular and removable.

A slightly cheaper AX3000 is equally good. Has resistive touch instead of capacitive and a single USB. Rest of the features are identical. Difference between AX5000 and AX3000 is abput 3k roughly but worth it.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th August 2019 at 17:01.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 11:34   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Had a few queries with how well 3rd party systems integrate with the car:

1. Any experience with Sony systems and the steering mounted controls?
2. Can the inbuilt bluetooth mic (the one near the cabin light) be used with a 3rd party AVN, or do I have to use a separate mic.
3. For AVNs which do not have a front USB/AUX header, can we repurpose the stock headers, instead of the ugly wiring through the glovebox most shops are pushing for.
Follow my guide here.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...av-ax5000.html (DIY: Upgrading the Hyundai Verna's Head-Unit (Sony XAV-AX5000))

To answer your queries :-
1) Works fabulously.
2) Yes you can use the inbuilt mic (if you wire it up as mentioned in my guide). And Yes, Hyundai mics are fantastic. Brilliant call clarity.
3) Yes you can. Again its in my guide. I show you how to use the stock USB/AUX port.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 12:18   #2758
BHPian

Maybe a noob query but I have no clue. I get this low battery indicator on my i20 Asta whenever the connection is via Bluetooth. The mobile battery is not low though.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20190811_144412140.jpg
Old 13th August 2019, 12:53   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I get this low battery indicator on my i20 Asta whenever the connection is via Bluetooth. The mobile battery is not low though.
Which means the battery is not fully charged either. Usually a phone may throw low battery warning when it reaches 20% or 15% or below (Based on power management settings in phone). But here it gives the low battery warning even before that. I will check and let you know the threshold value in Hyundai ASAP
Old 18th August 2019, 22:46   #2760

Hi guys,
This is my first post in the team bhp forum, a big thank you to the moderators for approving my account.

The post is regarding a nagging problem that I have been facing for quite some time. I have a 2018 model elite i20 sportz with an OEM keyless entry. The problem that I am having is the honk honk sound that I get while locking and unlocking the car. Is there any way to get rid of this sound?

I found a video on YouTube where a guy disconnects a coupling in his Verna to get rid of the same sound, does something like that exist for the i20?

Here’s the link to the video.
Turbo-Fan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks