Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2017, 10:59   #2146
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hi all,

Took delivery of my glistering grey Ciaz Delta DDis SHVS yesterday evening from Nexa Turbhe, Navi Mumbai. I will share some photos soon. With the joy and excitement thought of almost sleeping in the car overnight.

There were many more Ciaz's delivered yesterday, two of them just before us so not sure there is an issue with Supply. Mine is a 2017 May manufactured car.
Old 14th June 2017, 16:52   #2147
Senior - BHPian

We Have booked the the car on 23rd May. Still no word from the dealer.

My experience with maruti's NEXA has not been any different than a regular maruti dealership. Yes, the team is in suits and they have all these glaring lights on 24 hours but the customer experience is still the same.

Honda still gets my vote here.
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 19:15   #2148
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend's 1 month old Ciaz ZDI+ had gone for 1st service. As per him, the workshop replaced injectors without asking. It's not a formal recall as such, but they are silently replacing when cars are going in for service. A small batch of cars is affected.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img20170613wa0033.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img20170613wa0030.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 20:43   #2149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
A friend's 1 month old Ciaz ZDI+ had gone for 1st service. As per him, the workshop replaced injectors without asking. It's not a formal recall as such, but they are silently replacing when cars are going in for service. A small batch of cars is affected.
Not just limited to Ciaz. Almost all the cars with 1.3 MJD 90 hp are affected. The culprit was "Bosch Fuel Injector" as per RCA document. The fuel injectors produced by Bosch (particular batch) was found to have defects.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 14th June 2017 at 20:47.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 08:02   #2150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
A friend's 1 month old Ciaz ZDI+ had gone for 1st service. As per him, the workshop replaced injectors without asking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Not just limited to Ciaz. Almost all the cars with 1.3 MJD 90 hp are affected. The culprit was "Bosch Fuel Injector" as per RCA document. The fuel injectors produced by Bosch (particular batch) was found to have defects.
Is that an official recall? If not any idea on which months production is having quality defects?
Last month i sent mine for first service at Thrissur BRD and nothing was bought to my notice.

Cheers!
Old 15th June 2017, 08:36   #2151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Is that an official recall? If not any idea on which months production is having quality defects?
Last month i sent mine for first service at Thrissur BRD and nothing was bought to my notice.

Cheers!
My friend's Ciaz is of April 2017 make, purchased in May.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 09:51   #2152
BHPian

Guys,
Does anyone have ownership experience of the Ciaz Delta AT (or whatever model that was before coming to Nexa)? Is it worth the money or is the new Dzire Zxi+ AMT a better choice? I am planning to buy one between these and I'm primarily going to use it for city driving with stop and go traffic.
Thanks!
Old 15th June 2017, 22:33   #2153

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Guys,
Does anyone have ownership experience of the Ciaz Delta AT (or whatever model that was before coming to Nexa)? Is it worth the money or is the new Dzire Zxi+ AMT a better choice? I am planning to buy one between these and I'm primarily going to use it for city driving with stop and go traffic.
Thanks!
I have owned Ciaz Zxi+ AT for over an year now. Totally loving it especially in city driving. I think Ciaz itself is a VFM offering.

Haven't physically looked at the new Dzire, it looks nice though. But I am sure it doesn't beat Ciaz's rear seat leg room any case . One major difference to note - Dzire is AMT Vs. Ciaz is conventional AT. Would suggest you test drive both to get first hand driving experience. Best luck!
ranjitjadhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 12:05   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitjadhav View Post
I have owned Ciaz Zxi+ AT for over an year now. Totally loving it especially in city driving. I think Ciaz itself is a VFM offering.

Haven't physically looked at the new Dzire, it looks nice though. But I am sure it doesn't beat Ciaz's rear seat leg room any case . One major difference to note - Dzire is AMT Vs. Ciaz is conventional AT. Would suggest you test drive both to get first hand driving experience. Best luck!
Thanks!
What FE do you get in city?
Old 20th June 2017, 12:12   #2155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Guys,
Thanks!
I have driven the Ciaz AT extensively and find it to be a very relaxing car to drive. The gearshifts are hardly noticable and ofcourse the usual strenghts of Ciaz remain - a roomy cabin and comparatively cheaper to maintain being a Maruti.

However, since you are contemplating between DZire AMT and Ciaz AT, why not also have a look at the Nissan Sunny CVT. With latest price cuts, the ex-showroom price for the Sunny after discounts is nearly the same as DZire AMT ZXi+ but you get much more bang for the buck - a proper CVT transmission (which is very good to drive mind you - with no shift shocks at all unlike AMT), interior space which is even more than the Ciaz. Ofcourse, being a Nissan one cannot compare the after sales and service levels with Maruti - its an individual decision. But product for product, the Sunny CVT is much more value for money than the new DZire, infact a segment higher car for the same price!

Last edited by DCEite : 20th June 2017 at 12:14.
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 21:39   #2156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I have driven the Ciaz AT extensively and find it to be a very relaxing car to drive. The gearshifts are hardly noticable and ofcourse the usual strenghts of Ciaz remain - a roomy cabin and comparatively cheaper to maintain being a Maruti.

However, since you are contemplating between DZire AMT and Ciaz AT, why not also have a look at the Nissan Sunny CVT. With latest price cuts, the ex-showroom price for the Sunny after discounts is nearly the same as DZire AMT ZXi+ but you get much more bang for the buck - a proper CVT transmission (which is very good to drive mind you - with no shift shocks at all unlike AMT), interior space which is even more than the Ciaz. Ofcourse, being a Nissan one cannot compare the after sales and service levels with Maruti - its an individual decision. But product for product, the Sunny CVT is much more value for money than the new DZire, infact a segment higher car for the same price!
I, for some reason, don't like the looks (especially the interiors) of Sunny. Also, from ASS point of view, I want to restrict myself to Maruti, Hyundai and Honda.

What mileage does Ciaz AT give?
Old 21st June 2017, 14:58   #2157
BHPian

Dear Ciaz Owners, my car is due for the first free service/inspection at 1000 kms and going by the service manual there seems to be no replacement. However owners here have reported changing engine oil. Is it required to do so? If yes, mineral or synthetic since someone confirmed Maruti shipping ciaz with Mineral oil and it is better than synthetic for the first 10,000 kms. Awaiting suggestions
Old 21st June 2017, 15:19   #2158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Dear Ciaz Owners, my car is due for the first free service/inspection at 1000 kms and going by the service manual there seems to be no replacement. However owners here have reported changing engine oil. Is it required to do so? If yes, mineral or synthetic since someone confirmed Maruti shipping ciaz with Mineral oil and it is better than synthetic for the first 10,000 kms. Awaiting suggestions
I would strongly recommend you to stick with what the service manual says, no one knows your engine better. You can blindly believe them and go by the book.
If not changing an engine oil would cause harm to the engine, then most of the cars running today should be in garage by now.
This is not the case with Ciaz but with any manufacture and any vehicle.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 09:17   #2159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat
Dear Ciaz Owners, my car is due for the first free service/inspection at 1000 kms and going by the service manual there seems to be no replacement. However owners here have reported changing engine oil. Is it required to do so?
If the manual says no replacement, please go by that. Earlier, for Maruti cars, there used to be an oil change done @ 1st service - was done for my Baleno sedan. But looks like with the Ciaz, it is not needed. Btw when is the 1st oil change mandated as per the manual ? At 10k kms, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat
If yes, mineral or synthetic since someone confirmed Maruti shipping ciaz with Mineral oil and it is better than synthetic for the first 10,000 kms. Awaiting suggestions
Again stick to the grade/type of oil recommended by Maruti - as mentioned in the manual.
Old 22nd June 2017, 13:36   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hi Dr.Naren,
Does this apply to S-Cross 1.3 too? Going to NEXA today to get some initial niggles addressed. Can have this checked.
Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks