Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2015, 08:31   #286
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhiljaipurkar View Post
Hello All.

The RxL AWD variant is available with the dealer at INR 10.99 lakhs as mentioned in the advertisements. But I have not seen an advert for the price of the RxZ version. If anyone has any information on it, please post.

Secondly, the dealer is insisting that the Insurance @ INR 1.00 offer is not available on these two models of AWD (MY2014), and another model (85 PS RXL, I think?). The flyer attached mentions that Insurance @ INR 1.00 is applicable on all variants. Can someone please confirm?
I spoke to dealers in Raipur and Chandigarh. Both have confirmed that the scheme is for RxL and RxZ AWD versions at Rs 10.99 and 11.99 Lakhs respectively (price applicable countrywide).
They are also not offering insurance at Rs 1 and as you mention , insist it is for other variants.

Seems like Renault has a lot of stocks at the factory premises also, because when i inquired about green colour adventure RxL from dealer at Chandigarh, he promised delivery after a week since his present stock in green colour was nil.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 10:17   #287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
The highway mileage is at 15.2 if I drive it mostly around 90kmph. Anything above brings it down to 14.3 level
I get close to 14kmpl on my S10 4WD Scorpio at ~90. I was also considering the AWD variant & despite the aerodynamics and a 1500cc engine, the FE isn't as good as I was hoping for. Regular Dusters do provide good FE...?

And none of our member has made an AWD video, its working etc? Pictures at least?
Old 27th February 2015, 10:41   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Now the question is, what happens to the owners of AWD RXL that got booked and delivered a week or two back? This type of quick sale is nothing new at Renault!!
That is a valid question, and one that has been asked a few times before, on this forum as well. I have been following the AWD Duster right from it's launch, with an eye to buy. And the price has been yo-yoing since then. There was a price reduction in early December (or late November), which had left the early adopters fuming.

The price was increased in January (increased duty etc.) but I guess not many were buying. Early in Feb, the company was selling (or trying to sell) the MY14 stock at the same price as the 2015 Duster. In fact, there was an offer of free insurance on the 2015 models (INR 30k equivalent), but not on MY14 stocks!

I have been fending off calls from the dealer for the last five months, but I think the current offer is good for me. Steeper discounts may be announced in March if the stock doesn't clear up, but I will have to take that risk.

Update on my car: The dealer insists that the white color model will not be available any time soon. Two RxZ AWD Dusters are supposedly in transit, likely to arrive first week of March, and both are Woodland Brown!

I think I will have to go with the woodland brown color after all. And from the dealer's tone, I think the current offer may be extended to March.
Old 2nd March 2015, 20:41   #289
Team-BHP Support

Guys, one quick question. Have you tried the pairing of your phone with the AWD ICE system? I have tried different phones including very latest Androids, iPhone and a Blackberry. Results are always the same! The phonebook is never synchronized with the system. Nor are the SMSs. So I can't see the names for any incoming calls and for dialing also I need to punch in the number. Alternately, I can dial from the phone, making this a glorified BT headset.

Is this the same for everyone? What am I missing?
Old 2nd March 2015, 23:35   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Guys, one quick question. Have you tried the pairing of your phone with the AWD ICE system? I have tried different phones including very latest Androids, iPhone and a Blackberry. Results are always the same! The phonebook is never synchronized with the system. Nor are the SMSs. So I can't see the names for any incoming calls and for dialing also I need to punch in the number. Alternately, I can dial from the phone, making this a glorified BT headset.

I paired my Android (Ver 4.4.2) the day I was doing the PDI and even before delivery , worked and still works like a charm. I can see my phone book , calling list et all. I can see names on incoming calls and can dial using a name (last name then first name). The connection to the phone is always within about 30 seconds of the MediaNav system being switched on. However if I forget to switch on Bluetooth in my phone and first switch on the MediaNav unit , then on most occasions I have to manually connect from the MediaNav phone menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
And none of our member has made an AWD video, its working etc? Pictures at least?
I know mine is working - had to engage it on my last drive to Kaluk . However I was not prepared as I ended taking a wrong turn and went on continuing through the slush and craters. I donot have a dash cam yet and since that was my first brush with 4WD , I dared not get down and take snaps !. The road just happened on me. Once I felt the wheels spinning I went onto AWD mode (I normally drive engaging 2WD only) and for a really treacherous stretch switched on AWD Lock - worked like a charm. However no pictures or videos to show for the adventure.

I know this sounds strange but I absolutely love the way the AWD handles city driving . The ride is good , the clutch is not very hard , there is next to no turbo lag and you can really really let your speed bleed off and pick up again without changing gears. The acceleration is smooth and the car is very stable at speeds and on the corners , you are reminded that you are in a SUV because of the high seating position , but you might as well be driving a Sedan !
DriveTrain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 10:14   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post

I know this sounds strange but I absolutely love the way the AWD handles city driving . The ride is good , the clutch is not very hard , there is next to no turbo lag and you can really really let your speed bleed off and pick up again without changing gears. The acceleration is smooth and the car is very stable at speeds and on the corners , you are reminded that you are in a SUV because of the high seating position , but you might as well be driving a Sedan !
Totally agree with it...the drive-ability of the car reminds me of my Palio S10
+
the added benefit of high ground clearance and ability to glide over craters ( potholes ) or mountains ( the famous speed breakers of Bangalore & Mysore )

regrading fuel efficiency part- with my usage pattern, i am getting 12 in city & 15-15.5 on intercity roads
(In comparison my swift Vdi used to give me 13.5 in city & 18-18.5 on intercity roads for same driving style/conditions)
i_see is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 10:52   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This experience is in AWD or 2WD mode?
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:00   #293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I get close to 14kmpl on my S10 4WD Scorpio at ~90. I was also considering the AWD variant & despite the aerodynamics and a 1500cc engine, the FE isn't as good as I was hoping for. Regular Dusters do provide good FE...?

I drove the AWD for around 5000kms in pretty tricky terrain. Got approximately 18-20kmpl.
Also made a video in the Porsmork region, which is the domain of monster trucks. You can check out the video in my review post in the first part of this thread.
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:00   #294
BHPian

Quote:

There is an Android app called "BT PhoneBook". It has a Trial version, You can just see if you can access the Phonebook. If you are able to get it synchronized then you can download the paid version which costs Rs 200+.
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:42   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I paired my Android (Ver 4.4.2) the day I was doing the PDI and even before delivery , worked and still works like a charm. I can see my phone book , calling list et all. I can see names on incoming calls and can dial using a name (last name then first name). The connection to the phone is always within about 30 seconds of the MediaNav system being switched on. However if I forget to switch on Bluetooth in my phone and first switch on the MediaNav unit , then on most occasions I have to manually connect from the MediaNav phone menu.
Wow!!! I tried the KitKat 4.4.4 version of Android besides a few others. Do you need to make any changes to the phone settings to make these information available? After it has connected to Medianav I see that it has the headset profile and the audio profiles only which are connected. I dont know if these two are good enough to transfer the data content from the phone. Will have to explore further I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
There is an Android app called "BT PhoneBook". It has a Trial version, You can just see if you can access the Phonebook. If you are able to get it synchronized then you can download the paid version which costs Rs 200+.
Hmmm... Ok. Let me find out what it does to begin with. Not sure why something that should happen by default will need another app in the first place!
Old 4th March 2015, 00:37   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
This experience is in AWD or 2WD mode?
I normally drive in the 2WD setting. I personally feel that with AWD switched on , the ride quality becomes a little softer. The rest is the same.

In city driving I have no occasion to engage first gear, in fact the manual recommends to start off in second gear on flat surfaces with no load- and I follow it to a T. I last engaged first gear on a steep mountain slope. Essentially during driving over paved surfaces I equate it with a five speed gearbox , one that starts from the second gear upwards

Quote:
Wow!!! I tried the KitKat 4.4.4 version of Android besides a few others. Do you need to make any changes to the phone settings to make these information available? After it has connected to Medianav I see that it has the headset profile and the audio profiles only which are connected. I dont know if these two are good enough to transfer the data content from the phone. Will have to explore further I guess!
None except switching on bluetooth visibility on the phone during the initial pairing. In between I had to factory reset my phone , when I tried to connect back with the MediaNav after the event , I was simply prompted that the phone profile was already saved and would I like to use the same connection and that was it. On my phone I can see Phone Audio and Media Audio listed against the MediaNav profile.

You mentioned SMS , SMS is not visible on the HU. Audio media on the phone can be played via the MediaNav unit over the BT connection.

My current S/W version on the MediaNav unit is 4.0.3 , I upgraded it from 4.0.2 as the upgrade was available. But there was no BT connection problem in the earlier S/W version. I noticed one change on BT behaviour with the new version. If you have something playing with a lot of bass when a call comes in , once the call is disconnected and the same score is playing - you hear a distinct whump kind of a sound when the call disconnects and the audio kicks back in.

Last edited by DriveTrain : 4th March 2015 at 00:38.
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 13:02   #297

Quote:
Guys, one quick question. Have you tried the pairing of your phone with the AWD ICE system? I have tried different phones including very latest Androids, iPhone and a Blackberry. Results are always the same! The

phonebook is never synchronized with the system. Nor are the SMSs. So I can't see the names for any incoming calls and for dialing also I need to punch in the number. Alternately, I can dial from the phone, making this a glorified BT headset.

I remember seeing a similar post on the 2WD forum for Duster, and the solution given was to un-pair your Gmail account and then pair it with the ICS. It seems that the sync with Google accounts causes some problems. Once paired with ICS, you can enable the Google sync.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-241.html

Apparently, the issue is with contacts that have an extra field like email etc associated with it. I haven't tried it myself though, as still haven't got my hands on the vehicle!
nikhiljaipurkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 14:20   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I normally drive in the 2WD setting. I personally feel that with AWD switched on , the ride quality becomes a little softer. The rest is the same.
Huh! You mean Duster sports adaptive suspensions? Jokes apart, I don't see how engaging the 4WD mode can make the suspensions go soft really.
Quote:
In city driving I have no occasion to engage first gear, in fact the manual recommends to start off in second gear on flat surfaces with no load- and I follow it to a T. I last engaged first gear on a steep mountain slope. Essentially during driving over paved surfaces I equate it with a five speed gearbox , one that starts from the second gear upwards
Hmmm... I have heard this so many times. However, except for the 1st one being a roll-on gear I dont see much reason to start on 2nd. It causes a definitive stress on the clutch. I can't release the clutch as easily as I can on 1st gear. So although I am forced to shift to 2nd almost immediately I still prefer that over slipping the clutch even if that miniscule bit.
Quote:
On my phone I can see Phone Audio and Media Audio listed against the MediaNav profile.

You mentioned SMS , SMS is not visible on the HU. Audio media on the phone can be played via the MediaNav unit over the BT connection.
I also see the Phone Audio and Media Audio. But then, no SMS? I thought even if it can't read the SMSs at least it can show in that big rectangular box on the phone screen. Wonder what that big text area is used for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhiljaipurkar View Post
I remember seeing a similar post on the 2WD forum for Duster, and the solution given was to un-pair your Gmail account and then pair it with the ICS. It seems that the sync with Google accounts causes some problems. Once paired with ICS, you can enable the Google sync.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-241.html

Apparently, the issue is with contacts that have an extra field like email etc associated with it. I haven't tried it myself though, as still haven't got my hands on the vehicle!
Fantastic!!! Finally a different but definitive sounding approach. Will give it a shot. Although, I can't understand why then my Blackberry phonebook which has no GMAIL related fields should also fail to sync with the MediaNav. One more thing to ponder about is that almost everyone with a smartphone will have the Gmail connection in their addressbook. In that case everyone should have been complaining about this same issue!

At least you have shown me a different route to try (no matter how wacky it sounds ). Let me give it a shot.
Old 7th March 2015, 18:03   #299
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Are you aware if any dealer in Delhi NCR has stocks of Duster AWD (RZL) available currently at last months offer price. I am looking for Green / Brown colours.

The discount being offered on model year 2015 cars is Rs 61700 at Renualt Noida. I am ok with a 2014 model if I can save an additional Rs 1 lakh

Last edited by rajneeesh : 7th March 2015 at 18:04.
Old 7th March 2015, 20:10   #300
BHPian

Why don't you contact the dealers. I am pretty sure that they will have 2014 stocks. Else wait till the third week of march or first week of April. The Renault team is geared up for the launch of Lodgy probably after 15th March. I am pretty certain that all dealers and the Chennai plant have stocks. My Duster Rxl booked in February is in transit and will arrive in Mumbai next week.
By April you will probably have the special discount scheme back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks