Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 12:52   #391
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_see View Post
congrats on your purchase
can you please share what discounts you got on the car?
Thanks. Discount was approx 40k incl corp discount. I think its standard across the duster range. Last month there was some additional offer on 85 RXL+ variant which was being phased out.
Old 11th August 2015, 10:43   #392
BHPian

I own an RxZ AWD and it has been close to a year now.
I noticed something very strange that has been happening for a couple of weeks now. The distance to service indicator was showing about 100 (though I had driven about 17.5k now) and once it reached that mark I heard a beep (like the seat-belt warning beep). No indication turned on in the dashboard so I assumed this beep was an indication to take to service.
A little after that I heard a beep for every 5 minutes for about 30 minutes. It was just this beep in regular intervals but no indicators showed up on the dashboard or console.
I called the Renault service who asked me to get the vehicle to have a look. The beeps never came back after that first time so the service guy also had no clue other than suggesting it could be this or that. However, he did take the car inside to check if everything was alright and also reset the software once.
Everything looked fine until a couple of days back when the regular beeps came back. This time I noticed the beeps were prominent if I accelerated suddenly and RPM went over 2K in a lower gear. I thought this could be a speed indicator thingy but I did not have any settings for speed limit. Again, no indication on the dashboard or console when these beeps happened.
I have no clue what this is, so wondering if any of you guys experienced something similar. Any advice is appreciated.

- Vikram
Old 11th August 2015, 11:23   #393
BHPian

Just finished the first long journey from Pune to Mysore. The Duster AWD gobbled up miles without breaking a sweat. Fantastic ride quality and road manners. The 6th gear is a boon on highways.
Kept the speed in check and RPM under 2.5k. The drive mode was ‘Auto’ throughout. SatNav was accurate and came in handy during the last leg of the journey. MID was showing FE of 17.9 for the trip.

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-map.jpg
C300 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 11:47   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvikram View Post
I own an RxZ AWD and it has been close to a year now.
I noticed something very strange that has been happening for a couple of weeks now. The distance to service indicator was showing about 100 (though I had driven about 17.5k now) and once it reached that mark I heard a beep (like the seat-belt warning beep). No indication turned on in the dashboard so I assumed this beep was an indication to take to service.
A little after that I heard a beep for every 5 minutes for about 30 minutes. It was just this beep in regular intervals but no indicators showed up on the dashboard or console.
I called the Renault service who asked me to get the vehicle to have a look. The beeps never came back after that first time so the service guy also had no clue other than suggesting it could be this or that. However, he did take the car inside to check if everything was alright and also reset the software once.
Everything looked fine until a couple of days back when the regular beeps came back. This time I noticed the beeps were prominent if I accelerated suddenly and RPM went over 2K in a lower gear. I thought this could be a speed indicator thingy but I did not have any settings for speed limit. Again, no indication on the dashboard or console when these beeps happened.
I have no clue what this is, so wondering if any of you guys experienced something similar. Any advice is appreciated.

- Vikram
Hi Vikram,

That is not so comforting. Is there no option where we cam factory reset all the settings like Speed limit/Cruise control etc. Would request you to record the same & show it to the service center. Would try & dig out if I can find something similar reported on international forums.

Regards,

Pawan
Old 11th August 2015, 12:07   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Hi Vikram,

That is not so comforting. Is there no option where we cam factory reset all the settings like Speed limit/Cruise control etc. Would request you to record the same & show it to the service center. Would try & dig out if I can find something similar reported on international forums.

Regards,

Pawan
Hi Pawan,
Thanks! I have only updated the MediaNav personally but I don't think there is anyway of updating the System software unless we are plugged into the on-board computer. I believe there is very little we could do here other than monitor the issue and take it to service.
Next time around if I am able to consistently produce this issue myself, I will take it to service and show them.
- Vikram
Old 19th August 2015, 06:57   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pawan,
Thanks! I have only updated the MediaNav personally but I don't think there is anyway of updating the System software unless we are plugged into the on-board computer. I believe there is very little we could do here other than monitor the issue and take it to service.
Next time around if I am able to consistently produce this issue myself, I will take it to service and show them.
- Vikram
Hi Vikram, mine is almost a year old as well. The service reminder was very erratic and mine blanked out at 17,000 KMS.(started at 20K Kms when bought). Haven't observed any warnings, beeps, niggles yet. Now the car has 19.5 K Kms on the odo. Will ask the service center to reset it while the 20K service.
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 10:20   #397

I bought a 2014 manufactured RXL AWD for 13L on road ( purchased in June). Alloy wheels and rear parking sensor +camera added bonus. 3K driven so far.
Initial issues ( 1 week)
1. Both side indicator just popped out with a simple touch. 3 days after purchase. Dealer replaced on first servicing.
2. The strap on the door which holds the carpet had come loose. So the carpet popped out a bit. The dealer just streched it and fixed it back again. Hast troubled since then.

Comfort
We are 4 adults and one 3 year old in the family and its a pleasure to take them around. We have child seat but still a lot of space for 2 adults. The wide body and extra inches in width did help. At times rear leg room is an issue, but its manageable. Would have preferred if the rear seat moved a inch or two behind.

Ride
No words for it. What you have read is true. Just love it

Driving
The steering feel is to my liking I like the firmness. The view around is great. Side mirrors give a very good wide angle view. Seating is comfortable ( I am 5'11"). Have done two offroading trips so far. And all has worked out well. Saw the ESP blink in couple of wet patches. So it's working. The gear throw is short, but there is a slight movement when I press the accelerator or throttle. You cannot see it, but can feel it when I place my hand on the gear.

---More inputs to come in..
ahindra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 11:07   #398
BHPian

My insurance is due in a couple of months and I have a few questions on renewal. Initially I chose the comprehensive insurance + bumper to bumber with the providers that was tied up with Trident Renault Bangalore. I had not done my due homework and ended up paying a lot for the first year. However, I do not wish to do the same mistake this time around and any suggestion is well appreciated,
1. Will it be a problem if I switch insurance from dealer-tied-up provider?
2. Who offers the best insurance currently wrt service and cost for Comprehensive + Bumber to bumper.
3. Any other suggestion

Thanks
Vikram
Old 24th August 2015, 12:04   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Vikram,
Quote:
If the insurer you plan to go with doesn't have a tie up with your dealer, you will have to settle the bill with the dealer and then get re-imbursed by the insurer. AS long as you have the cash to roll for this, until your claim is paid there are no other issues.

Even if you want to get the same insurance as you have now, don't go through the dealer. Go to the insurance company directly and get a quote.

In my case, dealer had a tie up with Tata AIG. Dealer gave me a very high quote for Tata AIG. I got the same bumper to bumper, nil deprecation policy from Tata AIG through another independent dealer and saved the dealer mark up.

Quote:
2. Who offers the best insurance currently wrt service and cost for Comprehensive + Bumber to bumper.
I use Tata AIG for all my vehicles. They may not be the cheapest but service is good. I never had to fight them to get any claims. They paid up without any issues.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 20:57   #400
BHPian

Quote:
My insurance is due in a couple of months and I have a few questions on renewal. Initially I chose the comprehensive insurance + bumper to bumber with the providers that was tied up with Trident Renault Bangalore. I had not done my due homework and ended up paying a lot for the first year. However, I do not wish to do the same mistake this time around and any suggestion is well appreciated,
3. Any other suggestion

Thanks
Vikram
Hi Vikram,

Same Situation here, Got quote from ICICI, TATA and HDFC all are quoting around 30K. You don't have to go through the dealer, You can get the same Company's insurance from outside and will cost a lot cheaper.

Thanks
Krishna
v6kgang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 02:07   #401
BHPian

Quote:
3. Any other suggestion

Thanks
Vikram
Hi Vikram,
Make sure the insurance company you choose must have tie up with Renault; it will make claim process much easier.
For my Eon (sold) I bought Zero Dept from Royal sundram, and the claim process was a breeze, I took claim twice in two different cities and both showrooms didn't ask for FIR copy or any paper formalities.

Do let me know about your decision, it will help me in future for my duster
divyankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 10:45   #402
BHPian

So here is what I finally did for my insurance renewal. My current insurance is with Royal Sundaram and on contacting the provider directly for renewal, I was quoted 31K for an IDV value of 10.5L after some negotiations. So this was to be final.
Meanwhile after doing my little bit of research (via team-bhp and checking with friends) I wanted to try TATA AIG, HDFC and Bharati AXA. Turned our that TATA and Bharati were almost quoting the same around 26K while HDFC was much lower at 19K.
I also called Trident, Bangalore just to check which provider has tie-up with them and it turned out to be Bharati AXA.
On close scrutiny of the individual quotes, I figured out that Bharati AXA's cover was more comprehensive and HDFC was suspect because of its low price and not many reviews or recommendations around.
TATA AIG was not as comprehensive and since Bharati had a tie-up with Trident dealers here, I preferred going with the latter.
Finally, I paid a renewal premium of 25.5K for 11L IDV with Bharati AXA for the following,
- Comprehensive insurance plan
- Bumper to bumper no depreciation
- Cashless claim facility with Trident Renault in Bangalore
- Engine, battery, tires (in case of a blast or other unforeseen incident) covered 100%

- Vikram
Old 30th September 2015, 23:23   #403
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Want to report a few things noticed yesterday.

1. The cruise control can be engaged at speeds >= 30kmph. I had 40kmph stuck in my mind. Don't know why?

2. If you go over a speed breaker and the vehicle is set at a cruise control speed. Depending on your speed and the unsettling that the speed breaker does to the stability of the vehicle, the cruise control may or may not get disengaged.

I think the cruise feature has a calculated amount of wheel speed at every kmph that you set for cruising at, pre-defined into the system. If the wheel speed doesn't match the engine speed as per the vehicle's ECU algorithm or if the wheel speed changes due to any reason, ie. going fast over a speed breaker or braking, that's what disengages the cruise function. I suspect this is a standard feature of all cruise control systems and not just the Duster.

3. Cruise and speed limiter get disengaged if you click the switch at the farthest travel of the accelerator pedal. Guess everyone already knew that.
Old 2nd October 2015, 15:41   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Hi Vikram, mine is almost a year old as well. The service reminder was very erratic and mine blanked out at 17,000 KMS.(started at 20K Kms when bought). Haven't observed any warnings, beeps, niggles yet. Now the car has 19.5 K Kms on the odo. Will ask the service center to reset it while the 20K service.
I wanted my service reminder to be reset to 10000 when my 10k service was being done, but the service guys - renault silkboard - could not do it. They managed to reset it back to 20000. What they told me was that there were wiring problems and the internet was down, so they could not fix it. I just do not believe these guys.
Old 2nd October 2015, 16:01   #405
BHPian

Recently did the Mysore-Wayanad round trip in our Duster AWD. Total distance of 373kms including some off-roading to reach the resort . FE was respectable 17.8 tankful to tankful.

Heres a picture of the beast.

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-imgp80432.jpg
C300 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed