Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2016, 10:10   #481
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post

As of 2nd Jan 2016, I became proud owner of Amazon Green Duster AWD.
Had booked it in Nov Last week. After various delays, finally took her home on late evening on 2nd Jan.

Got Deal of Insurance free + reverse Camera

There were few issues on Delivery day, hence demanded compensation from dealer for mess up. They agreed to do Underbody coating for free. I agree to one of the statements made in one of the previous posts - They mess up, however they co-operate at the same time. Love it or hate it

2. Driver side Arm Rest - The Test Drive vehicle did not have it. Mine came with Driver side arm rest. Have you all got that?
Hey Firebird - Many congratulations on your latest acquisition. I have always been a fan of the AWD edition of the Duster.

Was the driver side arm rest part of the accessories deal you got from the dealer or is it a factory fitted one. If it's from Renault, then that's a good thing as Renault is adding more equipment to the fairly limited niceties in the cabin.

Also can you give a on road price break up and the discounts if any, thanks.
Old 8th January 2016, 15:03   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitra1981 View Post
Hey Firebird - Many congratulations on your latest acquisition. I have always been a fan of the AWD edition of the Duster.

Was the driver side arm rest part of the accessories deal you got from the dealer or is it a factory fitted one. If it's from Renault, then that's a good thing as Renault is adding more equipment to the fairly limited niceties in the cabin.

Also can you give a on road price break up and the discounts if any, thanks.

Hey Mate, thanks for your wishes. During buying process, dealer offered to fit the centre Armrest as what we see in all Sedans. That was wooden and dealer crafted - for INR 3000. That was to be given free. However to my surprise mine came with driver side arm rest same as Lodgy, hence did not opt for that accessory. Only accessory free given was reverse camera, however not integrated with HU screen. That's a stand alone unit on Dash. I preferred not to get into removing the HU for integration of reverse camera.

The overall deal was Free Insurance. Overall OTR stands at 16.4x Mumbai from 17.04.
Old 18th January 2016, 12:29   #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Some update on the phonebook sync. Apparently you will need a bluetooth app with PBAP support now to connect for phonebook sync. One of the app recommended is 'Bluetooth Phonebook' and I tested with the trial version of this and it works. Looks like a lot of vehicle ICE platforms have this issue post the Lolipop release. Now the safety of this app is a question mark and one more app asking for all possible access.

HTH.

Regards, M
I have the RXL model (it does not have the Media Nav) and my OnePlusX doesn't work the same way as my IP4 used to. I could voice dial with my iphone but not with my oneplus. I bought the Bluetooth Phonebook yesterday and would do a trial tonight.
Old 18th January 2016, 22:19   #484

It works but the app needs to be running when you get into the car. It takes the latest details from the phone. I hope Google doesn't make a similar mistake when updating the OS of the driverless car
Old 22nd January 2016, 19:25   #485

What's the sound that comes as soon as you start your engine. I hear one coming from right under the hood 3-4 secs after start. Do you hear that too ?
Old 28th January 2016, 22:33   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahindra View Post
What's the sound that comes as soon as you start your engine. I hear one coming from right under the hood 3-4 secs after start. Do you hear that too ?
Yes, i hear that too. That sound is apparent during cold start. Nothing to worry about it i guess..
Old 1st February 2016, 20:22   #487
BHPian

Came across this crazy video of a duster fitted with tracks racing with a T80 tank

Mighty muscle!

Thanks

Last edited by bijubalan : 1st February 2016 at 20:25.
Old 6th February 2016, 17:30   #488
BHPian

I too am getting the grinding noise at around the 60km speed on my new AWD. Definitely doesn't sound normal. The noise disappears once you release the accelerator and tap it again.
Old 6th February 2016, 18:26   #489
BHPian

I am noticing the same thing but was told it is tyre noise (in this case mrf). Mine started at around 18 k. Convinced that it is tyre noise. Can try running your vehicle on a slope in neutral.
manohar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 23:34   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manohar View Post
I am noticing the same thing but was told it is tyre noise (in this case mrf). Mine started at around 18 k. Convinced that it is tyre noise. Can try running your vehicle on a slope in neutral.
Manohar. The MRF Tyre will run more than 40K with regular usage, but as you correctly pointed out, they get noisey after about 20K. My duster has run only 10K, but my friend changed his tyres earlier due to tyre noise. This is partly due to the fact that duster has very poor noise insulation.
Old 7th February 2016, 08:57   #491
BHPian

No its not tyre noise. Its like a harsh grinding noise from the underbody as mentioned in a few posts earlier.
Old 7th February 2016, 13:23   #492
BHPian

Yes, the sound coming out is harsh grinding underneath and more prominent on smooth tar road. If you drive on a mud / Sandy road, you will not notice this sound. I tried so many things and convinced that the culprit is MRF wanderer tyres. Do try and make observations.
Old 8th February 2016, 07:16   #493
BHPian

No you are mistaken. Its not tyre noise. It happens only in 6th gear at around 60km/hr. Once you cross 70km/hr the noise goes. Something to do with the gearbox/transmission. I had an RXL110 before with the same tyres and there weren't any such noises.
Old 16th February 2016, 00:19   #494
BHPian

Sorry to say this, but most of the people getting grinding noises are the ones straining the drivetrain by underdriving it.
An awd system already puts some strain on the gearbox and this will strain the dual mass flywheel due to vibrations and blow the clutch.
Please do not engage the overdrive gear before 80 kmph. A friend of mine just shelled out 53K for a clutch anf flywheel change for his RXZ after a week in his drivers hand.
amitc7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:17   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
Sorry to say this, but most of the people getting grinding noises are the ones straining the drivetrain by underdriving it.
An awd system already puts some strain on the gearbox and this will strain the dual mass flywheel due to vibrations and blow the clutch.
Please do not engage the overdrive gear before 80 kmph. A friend of mine just shelled out 53K for a clutch anf flywheel change for his RXZ after a week in his drivers hand.
You really mean Rs 53,000 for Clutch and flywheel. Recently we spent 10,000 on clutch + flywheel for my swift Zdi. I was under the impression Duster was reasonable to maintain?

I am planning on the AWD duster. not sure whether to opt for the new version or pick the discounted one from Manufacturing Year 2015. Any Idea on the tentative launch dates

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks