Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 11:29   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post

If you are interested in checking, do let me know your contact details @ iabhishekkumar at gmail dot com and I would provide the details to you.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post
Worth the wait or not is entirely up to your current requirement, I waited 30 extra days in monsoon period and travelled by local trains etc etc just so that I could have a 4x4 which I can use year after year and not repent having taken a 4x2 just because i did not want to wait for those few extra weeks.

All the best in making your decision, do keep us posted!
Thank you Abhshek and siki1010!

I called Concorde South Ex later yesterday and they seem to have a few 4X4 in stock. Will take a look and proceed early next week.

As far is requirement is concerned, I do not need to change my car. I just WANT to get Safari Storme .That means I am not in real hurry to get one. However, after speaking to a dealer in Gurgaon, I got the feeling that he will not deliver it before 2016.

Also, I may or may not use its capability to the fullest but at least I will not repent later for the lack of 4WD option.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 06:52   #362
Senior - BHPian

Delivery of 4X4 is an issue. Siki1010 you may have got your vehicle early due to cancellation by some one. I for example had booked a Silver 4X4 but decided to go in for the Urban Bronze as the waiting period kept on going up.
Old 12th September 2015, 23:39   #363
BHPian

Does anyone have Storme Vs. XUV 5OO's in-gear acceleration & braking distance figures please?

Last edited by Rock 'n' rollz : 12th September 2015 at 23:42.
Old 13th September 2015, 22:16   #364
BHPian

hello bhpians,
i had posted this on the official storme thread.
i am posting here in the hope that someone replies.
Is there any news on the Storme AT hitting shores anytime soon?
I am in the market for a AutoBox Diesel. The Creta seems to be the only one that has it and in my price range.
Please help with some information.
thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 22:26   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally View Post
hello bhpians,
i had posted this on the official storme thread.
i am posting here in the hope that someone replies.
Is there any news on the Storme AT hitting shores anytime soon?
I am in the market for a AutoBox Diesel. The Creta seems to be the only one that has it and in my price range.
thanks
Why, there is new Scorpio AT just launched. A 2WD version will be actually cheaper than Creta, and a lot bigger, too. I know bigger is not always better but in case of SUVs, it generally is.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 22:48   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Why, there is new Scorpio AT just launched. A 2WD version will be actually cheaper than Creta, and a lot bigger, too. I know bigger is not always better but in case of SUVs, it generally is.
i am not a fan of mahindra and i totally detest the scorpio. it has a too much body roll for my liking. i have owned a 2008 2.2 dicor earlier and am totally in love with the beast. i had to let it go with a very very heavy heart . when i heard the AT is about to launch, i started salivating and dreaming of owning the beast all over again. i have even convinced my better half for it.
i just wanted to know if the AT is in it's test phases still or will it get into production soon.
else my choice is very clear - either the current refresh storme or the hexa.
Old 15th September 2015, 11:58   #367
BHPian

Quote:
i am not a fan of mahindra and i totally detest the scorpio. it has a too much body roll for my liking. i have owned a 2008 2.2 dicor earlier and am totally in love with the beast. i had to let it go with a very very heavy heart . when i heard the AT is about to launch, i started salivating and dreaming of owning the beast all over again. i have even convinced my better half for it.
i just wanted to know if the AT is in it's test phases still or will it get into production soon.
else my choice is very clear - either the current refresh storme or the hexa.
Yea the Scorpio was a bad option, though the new one is pretty decent. you may want to test drive it and check again, I went on a TD (it was a stick not an AT) and felt the engine was a little underpowered.

AT in Storme would still be a gamble even if it came out this year. They are finally on the verge of getting the SUV into its own after god know how long.

My bet would not be on the beast with a leash(AT)
siki1010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 20:00   #368
BANNED

Quote:
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Why, there is new Scorpio AT just launched.
In addition to the Scorpio as quoted by pgsagar, there's the TUV300 with an AMT option on the T6 and T8 variants. However, the power of this vehicle seems less and should drive like a Bolero, with better ride and NVH levels, I guess.

In all probability, the TATA HEXA is due for launch around Diwali, with an auto option. If you are a fan of the Safari / Storme, this one should interest you. I own the ARIA, believe me, it's miles ahead of the Scorpio, XYLO likes.
lifebuoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 15:06   #369
BHPian

Big Bro is here. Big Bro to my Royal Enfield C500.

Delivery time pictures below. Opted for Arctic Silver colour, not so popular it seems. I was told that this vehicle was made specially for me since this colour is not in demand. True or not, I am chuffed.

Dealer: National Autowheels, Hadapsar, Pune
Model: VX 4x2
Cost (incl 0 dep insurance, extd warranty and all the usual) - INR 14,70,000.
Will be claiming my NCB from previous car.
Freebies: Front and rear nudge guard, mats, camera.

From booking to delivery it was not entirely hassle-free, however I am optimistic that Big Bro will make up for it.

More as I take longer and longer drives in it. One car I want to remain inside of for a long time.

More later.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st September 2015 at 12:42. Reason: Adding link to post with images
xistinchaos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 16:33   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xistinchaos View Post
Big Bro is here. Big Bro to my Royal Enfield C500.

Delivery time picts below. Opted for Arctic Silver colour, not so popular it seems. I was told that this vehicle was made specially for me since this colour is not in demand. True or not, I am chuffed.

Dealer: National Autowheels, Hadapsar, Pune
Model: VX 4x2
Cost (incl 0 dep insurance, extd warranty and all the usual) - INR 14,70,000.
Will be claiming my NCB from previous car.
Freebies: Front and rear nudge guard, mats, camera.

From booking to delivery it was not entirely hassle-free, however I am optimistic that Big Bro will make up for it.

More as I take longer and longer drives in it. One car I want to remain inside of for a long time.

More later.
Congrats to another Pune National Storme owner buddy.

Am one too.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 17:58   #371
BHPian

Is it my bad luck or the sale of storme has gone down further? I am yet to see the facelifted version on roads :(
Old 18th September 2015, 18:59   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Is it my bad luck or the sale of storme has gone down further? I am yet to see the facelifted version on roads :(
How would you know if you saw one on road ? Looks the same right !

On a related note, a dealership in Chennai still has the old version as the display vehicle. Shows that stocks are there of even the earlier version. Anyone in Chennai who wants the older version - there is a nice Pearl White Lx at Tafe Reach ( if you value those rear jump seals in the base model - rush with your cheque book )
Old 18th September 2015, 22:21   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
How would you know if you saw one on road ? Looks the same right !

On a related note, a dealership in Chennai still has the old version as the display vehicle. Shows that stocks are there of even the earlier version. Anyone in Chennai who wants the older version - there is a nice Pearl White Lx at Tafe Reach ( if you value those rear jump seals in the base model - rush with your cheque book )
Well, I keep a check on the front grill. The moment I see a storme approaching, I am filled with hopes but they are dashed on getting closer. I travel everyday in and around south delhi, Noida etc and not even a single new one spotted yet.
Old 18th September 2015, 22:32   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I keep a check on the front grill. The moment I see a storme approaching, I am filled with hopes but they are dashed on getting closer. I travel everyday in and around south delhi, Noida etc and not even a single new one spotted yet.
I have seen a few on road. However nowadays I see a few Stormes every day which was not the case a couple of months ago.
Old 19th September 2015, 08:54   #375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The badlands of Bihar rule then. Have spotted 4/5 new Stormes. White and Brown. EX & VX. No LX spotted yet nor 4X4.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks