Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2015, 11:39   #376
ISO
BANNED

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xistinchaos View Post
Big Bro is here. Big Bro to my Royal Enfield C500.
Congrats Bro

Why did you choose National Auto in Pune? Pandit and Concord are famous in Pune.

Did National Auto offered best price or accessories compared to other dealers in Pune?

Last edited by ampere : 21st September 2015 at 12:15. Reason: Removed sections of quoted post
ISO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 11:43   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xistinchaos View Post
Delivery time picts below. Opted for Arctic Silver colour,.
Many congrats and wish you a million miles of safe & happy driving!

Btw, looks like you forgot to attach the pics

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 11:52   #378
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
in Chennai who wants the older version - there is a nice Pearl White Lx at Tafe Reach ( if you value those rear jump seals in the base model - rush with your cheque book )
Could you please check price of LX?

And is there is any discount for the old stock?

I hope I can purchase from Chennai and registered in Pune.
Old 19th September 2015, 12:51   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
Congrats Bro

Why did you choose National Auto in Pune? Pandit and Concord are famous in Pune.

Did National Auto offered best price or accessories compared to other dealers in Pune?
I found their team to be the best.

Most approachable, and ready to please.

Am very happy with my ownership experience with them.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 10:33   #380
BHPian

BHPians

Is there an Automatic variant of the Storme in the offing?
Any news, or insider info ?

cheers
lazy
Old 21st September 2015, 12:10   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Congrats to another Pune National Storme owner buddy.

Am one too.
Thanks ebonho! I read your Safari related posts through my decision making and they helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
Congrats Bro

Thanks ISO! I explored all the three major dealers in Pune - Concorde, Pandit and National. It boiled down to who gave me a good deal on cost & freebies and who followed up with me to convert the sale. Not to mention decent salesmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Many congrats and wish you a million miles of safe & happy driving!

Btw, looks like you forgot to attach the pics

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks Vikram. Yeah, the picts uploading window timed out and hence. Posting them here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I found their team to be the best.

Most approachable, and ready to please.

Am very happy with my ownership experience with them.
I agree!
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img20150917wa0013.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img20150917wa0012.jpg  

xistinchaos is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 22:28   #382
ISO
BANNED

@xistinchaos

Congrats again. Hope to see ownership review with lots of photo soon. I think you will be the first one to do that.
Old 21st September 2015, 23:10   #383
BHPian

@xistinchaos, congrats for your acquisition. Its looking fabulous. In fact, the new front grill goes very well with the silver colour. That is probably why even Tata was promoting silver in their print ads this time. Wish you luck bro!
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:15   #384
BHPian

@xistinchaos

Many congratulations from my side too. It surely looks awesome in that color. Looking for some more pics from interiors and exteriors as well.

Also, wishing you many miles of niggle free drive.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 07:58   #385
BHPian

Tata Safari Next Generation coming 2018

New-gen Tata Safari coming on Raptor platform -EXCLUSIVE

The new-generation Tata Safari will be based on the Raptor platform, which will be used to make the new-generation Sumo as well. The Raptor platform will be designed by Tata Motors and Land Rover together.

The new-generation Safari is bound to be launched in first half of 2018 and the initial platform work is half way through for the Raptor. Tata Motors will be changing the Sumo and the Safari both, the former primarily because the current Sumo will not meet the crash test norms that will be implied in 2017.

The design of this new Safari and Sumo will have some inputs from the Land Rover team, while major design work will be done by Tata’s in-house team. The team has been working on several new concepts and the Zest and Bolt are the redesigned version of the Indica Vista platform. This time around, the design of the Safari won’t be the same anymore and Tata Motors will no longer be conservative with the styling.

The Safari will get the 2.2-litre VARiCOR engine, unless the company decides to switch to the 2.0-litre multijet. The new Safari will come loaded with more features, better driving dynamics, lighter body, better performance and enhanced fuel efficiency. The Q502 is likely to come with Fiat engine and it might become easier for the company to utilise this same engine for the new-generation Safari as well. The company has plans to launch two products every year and this year so far it has launched the Bolt. There is one more new product launch that is due.

For the time being, the Safari will get another model update in 2016. This will be a more powerful version, with 165bhp of power and 400Nm of peak torque and mostly a six-speed manual transmission. Tata has tested the Hexa with an automatic transmission and this could be offered on the Safari 400 also.
aditya79india is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:06   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Next Generation coming 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
...For the time being, the Safari will get another model update in 2016. This will be a more powerful version, with 165bhp of power and 400Nm of peak torque and mostly a six-speed manual transmission...
This statement makes it look like the problem with Safari / Storme is the lack of power! Instead of all these, they should kit the car better. A 15L car without an ACC is insane.

Plus, I would suggest they keep the Automatic for the new version. This generation can't be resurrected anyway, so why waste all the resources on these?! Instead, give your 200% on the next gen and give us a top notch product.

And probably to the tune of Nexa, please add premium showrooms also for your 10L+ products.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd September 2015 at 15:07.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:06   #387
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Next Generation coming 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This statement makes it look like the problem with Safari / Storme is the lack of power! Instead of all these, they should kit the car better. A 15L car without an ACC is insane.

Plus, I would suggest they keep the Automatic for the new version. This generation can't be resurrected anyway, so why waste all the resources on these?! Instead, give your 200% on the next gen and give us a top notch product.

And probably to the tune of Nexa, please add premium showrooms also for your 10L+ products.
+1

Apart from adding cosmetics like ACC, they should be adding dual airbags and ABS even on the LX trim. They shouldn' t be a need to pay 3 and a half lakhs to step up to the vx variant toget basic safety. Especially when cars like the figo ambiente now have dual airbags standard for 4.6 lakhs . Why can' the lx variant at 10+ lakhs have it? Even the zest xms has dual airbags and abs extra over the xm for just 30k
Old 23rd September 2015, 21:41   #388
ISO
BANNED

What is the use of going to new platform with same set of problems?

Safari is old but beautiful.

What average customer want is reliability, peace of mind (like Toyota Innova), better availability (and quality) of spares, more nation wide service outlets, skilled technicians etc.

Why TATA is not doing component reliability study? Why they are not giving zero problem guarantee like XUV5OO?

Being Punekar I know TATA is well engineered company. Then where it is going wrong?
Old 24th September 2015, 14:35   #389
BHPian

I have completed 2500 kms and thereby completing the run in norm. Have not got the chance to drive the beast with a heavy foot as yet and still do not have the heart to do so as in Mumbai traffic, probably over the weekend I shall try and test it.

I have had one niggle irritating me as of now. The side pillars of both driver and co-driver are making a clocking noise. Seems like the AC pipes attached to the rear ac that are either loose or trickling water which make the noise so audible that I always need some music to keep me distracted. I shall be addressing this issue during my first service.

Apart from small niggles, I am believing the dream to be true. The comfort and reliability of the beast over really bad monsoon roads are amazing, for once I need not think too much of which side of the road I need to be driving on to avoid these pot holes.

Moreover, road to my apartment is a steep 2 kms twisting & turning drive which the beast is beginning to like over 1500 RPM!

Trips planned :

1. Goa in October
2. Bangalore in November
3. Off roading once I complete 10,000kms (is there a way to check if my 4x4 is in mint condition other than the lights coming on (HT/LT) while engaging the 4x4 in stationary condition?)
siki1010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 12:27   #390
BHPian

I drove on a proper highway for the first time this morning. It was a 250 odd km drive. Satisfied with the car though I felt the steering shudders a lot at speeds around 100 kmph. I am not sure if this is due to the 4x4 version. Can somebody throw any light? Driving comfort was amazing vis-a-vis my hyundai accent. I have a knee problem and walked out of the car today with very little pain. Could be a phenomenon of seating position.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks