Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2015, 13:07   #286
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
As I started my car this evening I noticed that it makes a "tak" sound when the clutch lever is pressed down. I had the window rolled down and was in a quiet area hence it was very noticeable. It was a cold start and the noise came every time I pressed the lever. Is it normal?
Hi Libra,

You were right. I finally hear a noise when I press/release the clutch pedal quickly. It does not happen when I press/release the clutch pedal in a normal way and not in quick motion.

I would get the beast checked over the weekend to see if this is expected behavior or something is wrong. I would post the update once the beast has been checked.

Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

Cheers
Old 7th August 2015, 15:45   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
But then you get used to the dimensions and turning radius.
From a turning radius point of view the world of safari has indeed changed. Between my hyundai accent and the Storme I don't feel much of a difference. Maneuverability is a lot easier than the previous generation safari which I test drove very recently, after booking my Storme.
Old 7th August 2015, 17:08   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes. The difference between old dicor's almost 6m turning radius with current storme's 5.4m is obvious.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 17:15   #289
BHPian

[quote=PrasannaDhana;3773331]Yes. The difference between old dicor's almost 6m turning radius with current storme's 5.4m is obvious.[/QUOTE

Yes, I stated the obvious since adjustment is lot easier to this bigger vehicle courtesy improved dynamics.
Old 8th August 2015, 08:38   #290
Senior - BHPian

Rustom is almost a month old. I have a little over 860 Km on the clock and they have been troublefree. I live in Noida and my office is at the Delhi Airport. The truck is easy to drive in city traffic but it dies make me feel a bit guilty about the amount of space it takes on our clogged roads, especially when I am the only person in the vehicle.

Driving this vehicle has made me a lot more considerate in my driving style,
a la gentleman driver. My office to home journeys (36 km) typically take me 10 minutes longer than what it took in the SX4. However, the truck is nice and refined and as of now I don't mind the extra time. On the expressway, the vehicle is something else. It munces miles like no other and it is very silent and composed. It is very easy to overspeed in this vehicle on an expressway and you have to keep looking at the Speedo every now and then to ensure that you are not getting carried away.

Yesterday the area around IGIA was lashed by heavy rains in the evening and the roads were waterlogged . At some places there was over 6-10 inches of water. However, Rustom took it all in his stride without batting an eyelid even as sedan drivers had to turn back.
rajneeesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 09:47   #291
BHPian

Finally, 7th August is when I got my delivery. It was smooth and got a decent demo out of the sales guy although the service rep was not there to explain about AMC

Nonetheless, Took delivery and went straight to Shell for a top up(picture posted)

Thereafter I took it for a spun and by the time I reached home and checked out every part in detail, i realised that Libra is right, there is a "Tak" sound that comes on releasing the clutch a little fast. This "tak" sound I am sure is not a defect as 3 of us have noticed it now in our respective beasts.

Next day I take it to 3M for an under body coat/over body coat/ engine coat, hardships one has to face in Mumbai/Pune due to the monsoon conditions.

3M was professional about every little detail and the delivery was given to me in 4 hours, however, rear bumper paint started peeling off while they applied polish and we noticed that TATA has painted the bumper without any coating over the plastic bumper! how does the paint stick onto the plastic without a coating of something (material usually put in denting and painting). 3M was really apologetic and have promised to repaint/buy me a new bumper, till the time being (as my decision is pending) they have put a black wrap on the whole bumper which too looks great. As they work with paints for Honda as well as TATA sometimes, this paint from the bumper would have come off within 3 months whether or not I had applied wax/polish as it is not the correct way to paint a bumper is what I got from them. "Word of advise on this paint job on rear bumper please". A quick call to Concorde made me realise that they may take 2-3 months to do something about it so I shall have it done from 3M around the last week of August due to certain time constraints.

Nonetheless, my weekend carried on and I finally took of on Sunday to Mumbai at 11 AM. This is the moment I have been waiting for. The beast is worth every little effort and time and money and and and.......Needn't say more right.

I am a believer and she makes me believe!
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-shell-fuel.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-3m.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-paint-chip.jpg  

siki1010 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 10:30   #292
BHPian

Hi siki1010,

Many congratulations for bringing the beast home. Pics looks awesome and beast looks intimidating and gorgeous at the same time. makes me remember my first day with my beast.

I wish you lots of niggle free miles.

I also got my beast checked over the weekend and the "tak" sound is infact not a problem rather something which is just there. Thanks for the confirmation from your side too on this.

Post some more pics of the beast.

Cheers
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 11:46   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post
Finally, 7th August is when I got my delivery.

TATA has painted the bumper without any coating over the plastic bumper!
Many congratulations! I am sure you are elated. The photograph taken on the petrol pump is stunning.

Paint coming off a new car is a sad story. No matter how much we like the vehicle, such issues leave a bitter taste.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th August 2015 at 15:08. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Libra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 11:54   #294
BHPian

You will enjoy the beast i bet . mine has done 57000 with no issues till date . Glad i bought this.
Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 13:42   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Hi siki1010,

Many congratulations for bringing the beast home. Pics looks awesome and beast looks intimidating and gorgeous at the same time. makes me remember my first day with my beast.

I wish you lots of niggle free miles.

I also got my beast checked over the weekend and the "tak" sound is infact not a problem rather something which is just there. Thanks for the confirmation from your side too on this.

Post some more pics of the beast.

Cheers
Thanks iabhishekkumar, looking forward to some uploads from your end as well.

Take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Many congratulations! I am sure you are elated. The photograph taken on the petrol pump is stunning.

Paint coming off a new car is a sad story. No matter how much we like the vehicle, such issues leave a bitter taste.
Thank you Libra,

I too hope that this bitter sweet story has a happy ever after!

By the way, what running in procedure are you guys following if any?

I saw one on team BHP and its slightly different from the one on our service manual.

Some advice please.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th August 2015 at 15:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 10th August 2015, 14:17   #296
BHPian

Hi buddy, I do the following
1. One minute idling on cold start.
2. Not exceeding 2200 rpm
3. Gearing at 0, 20, 40, 60
4. Gradual increase in speed.
5. 30 seconds idling before parking
6. Full throttle 4-5 times when the engine has reached ideal temperature.
Libra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 15:14   #297
BHPian

So I am finally over the shock that my paint was chipped off and now I am actually beginning to like the black wrap 3M has put, although a little shoddy job as this is a very temporary thing. (pictures below)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1&d=1439285398

Moreover, i took the liberty of taking a few picture of that part of our beast which is never easy to inspect properly. Feast on guys.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img20150811wa0024.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20150808_135145.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20150808_135121.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20150808_135231.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20150808_135402.jpg  

siki1010 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 22:55   #298
BHPian

This evening while reversing the car, the sensors started showing the Stop sign. There was no obstruction. This continued as I checked at three four different spots. After half an hour of drive the problem went away. Can anybody explain the phenomenon?
Old 15th August 2015, 00:54   #299
BHPian

What is that cable hanging underside ? It can be seen prominently in a couple of the photos.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th August 2015, 02:48   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
cable hanging underside ?
I believe its the cable which holds the underbody spare in place, it seems to be wound out.
TorqMaster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks