Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2018, 20:26   #2356
BHPian
 
amarprusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 147
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Planning to buy a used pre-owned 2015 Honda Jazz AT-20,000 KM driven

What fuel economy can we expect in Bangalore City driving and in Highways

Service Cost & Spares?

Please suggest what all needs to be checked

Also looking at Nissan Micra CVT,Polo GT TSI,Suzuki Baleno CVT

Thanks
Amar
amarprusty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 21:44   #2357
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: KA03/UP80/DL7S
Posts: 226
Thanked: 191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Planning to buy a used pre-owned 2015 Honda Jazz AT-20,000 KM driven

What fuel economy can we expect in Bangalore City driving and in Highways

Service Cost & Spares?

Please suggest what all needs to be checked
B2B traffic with AC ~9-10kmpl
B2B traffic without AC ~11kmpl
City normal traffic with AC ~11.5-12kmpl
Highways - 16+ with ac and full load.

My car is 4 months old so cant really comment on service cost and spares. I believe it should at par with other Honda cars in the same range.

Please ensure to check power windows.
adi_gt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 22:24   #2358
BHPian
 
amarprusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 147
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
B2B traffic with AC ~9-10kmpl
B2B traffic without AC ~11kmpl
City normal traffic with AC ~11.5-12kmpl
Highways - 16+ with ac and full load.

My car is 4 months old so cant really comment on service cost and spares. I believe it should at par with other Honda cars in the same range.

Please ensure to check power windows.
How does it compare with Suzuki Baleno CVT and Nissan Micra CVT
Those are the other CVT options in market
amarprusty is offline  
Old 16th April 2018, 22:36   #2359
BHPian
 
satan's_valet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: TN09/KA04
Posts: 318
Thanked: 188 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
How does it compare with Suzuki Baleno CVT and Nissan Micra CVT
Those are the other CVT options in market
My uncle was looking for an automatic hatchback for city use and he had narrowed it down to Jazz and Baleno. He test drove them back to back and found the Jazz better in terms of build quality and gear shifts. The bouncy suspension of Baleno didn't do any favours as well.

Finally, he found a 2017 Jazz V AT run only 4k kms and he picked it up last week. Granted it's early, but he is very happy with the Jazz.
satan's_valet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 23:30   #2360
BHPian
 
amarprusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 147
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
My uncle was looking for an automatic hatchback for city use and he had narrowed it down to Jazz and Baleno. He test drove them back to back and found the Jazz better in terms of build quality and gear shifts. The bouncy suspension of Baleno didn't do any favours as well.

Finally, he found a 2017 Jazz V AT run only 4k kms and he picked it up last week. Granted it's early, but he is very happy with the Jazz.
http://overdrive.in/reviews/comparo-...ki-baleno-cvt/
Overdrive says the same

Thanks everyone let me checkout the service history & condition of the used pre-owned Honda Jazz AT 2015-20,000 km driven
amarprusty is offline  
Old 20th April 2018, 14:19   #2361
BHPian
 
MDED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: KA/TN/BR
Posts: 281
Thanked: 502 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Planning to buy a used pre-owned 2015 Honda Jazz AT-20,000 KM driven

What fuel economy can we expect in Bangalore City driving and in Highways

Service Cost & Spares?
Hi,
Good to know that you are considering Jazz. The Jazz is a pretty decent car with amazing space inside. Though the only issue which I face is the low end grunt of the engine, but post 2500 rpm the car talks to air. FE in city conditions will vary from 10-12 kmpl and on highways it should return an FE of 14-15.5 kmpl. The car would need servicing every 6 months interval and it should cost you anywhere between Rs 3500-6000, depending upon the service interval at which it is being done.

Regards
MDED
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 16:05   #2362
BHPian
 
amarprusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 147
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Hi,
Good to know that you are considering Jazz. The Jazz is a pretty decent car with amazing space inside. Though the only issue which I face is the low end grunt of the engine, but post 2500 rpm the car talks to air. FE in city conditions will vary from 10-12 kmpl and on highways it should return an FE of 14-15.5 kmpl. The car would need servicing every 6 months interval and it should cost you anywhere between Rs 3500-6000, depending upon the service interval at which it is being done.

Regards
MDED
Baleno Service & Spares are cheaper Rs 5000-6000 every 10,000 KM or 1 Yr
Ground Clearance is 170mm does not touch most speed breakers with full load
amarprusty is offline  
Old 23rd April 2018, 09:24   #2363
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 597
Thanked: 846 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Planning to buy a used pre-owned 2015 Honda Jazz AT-20,000 KM driven

What fuel economy can we expect in Bangalore City driving and in Highways

Service Cost & Spares?

Please suggest what all needs to be checked

Also looking at Nissan Micra CVT,Polo GT TSI,Suzuki Baleno CVT

Thanks
Amar


Dear Amar,

That is very interesting! I have a Oct 2015 make Honda Jazz V CVT. It has done about 20,000 km. AND I am not planning to sell it for at least 2~3 years. Anyway, I think you might find information regarding your queries in my review of my car. In the last year or so, I have made very few updates - since it is now with my wife most of the time. Just check out. Feel free to ask specific queries. I will try to answer to the best of my ability.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 10:36   #2364
BHPian
 
amarprusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 147
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Amar,

That is very interesting! I have a Oct 2015 make Honda Jazz V CVT. It has done about 20,000 km. AND I am not planning to sell it for at least 2~3 years. Anyway, I think you might find information regarding your queries in my review of my car. In the last year or so, I have made very few updates - since it is now with my wife most of the time. Just check out. Feel free to ask specific queries. I will try to answer to the best of my ability.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Service is every 5000km or 6-months for Rs 5000/- for Jazz CVT
Do you face any problem with 165mm Ground Clearance with full load 5 people and luggage
Fuel Economy in city & Hghway
amarprusty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:32   #2365
BHPian
 
turbospooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 249
Thanked: 414 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Service is every 5000km or 6-months for Rs 5000/- for Jazz CVT
Do you face any problem with 165mm Ground Clearance with full load 5 people and luggage
Fuel Economy in city & Hghway
Hi Amar,
I am owner of petrol Jazz SV (2015 batch) and have faced the issue of low ground clearance multiple times.
On loading 5 passengers and luggage, you need to drop the speed to 10-20 kmph to avoid scraping the speed breakers.
Also, the CVT pulls the massive vehicle with ease but expect it to struggle while overtaking (when loaded).
Ride quality is also not very good and be careful around bumpy roads/potholes.
That being said, I love the way this vehicle can seat everyone comfortably, swallow weekend luggage for entire families and still look really good.

Last edited by turbospooler : 23rd April 2018 at 12:53.
turbospooler is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 20:22   #2366
BHPian
 
amarprusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 147
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Hi Amar,
I am owner of petrol Jazz SV (2015 batch) and have faced the issue of low ground clearance multiple times.
On loading 5 passengers and luggage, you need to drop the speed to 10-20 kmph to avoid scraping the speed breakers.
Also, the CVT pulls the massive vehicle with ease but expect it to struggle while overtaking (when loaded).
Ride quality is also not very good and be careful around bumpy roads/potholes.
That being said, I love the way this vehicle can seat everyone comfortably, swallow weekend luggage for entire families and still look really good.
Bangalore Roads are worst with massive speed breakers and huge potholes
Booked a Red Suzuki Baleno Delta CVT Petrol Automatic as the ground clearance is better with lower maintenance cost

Thanks to all my dear T-BHP Membera and Jazz Owners for sharing honest Feedback

Only Forum I Trust before buying any Automobile in India
amarprusty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 09:23   #2367
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 597
Thanked: 846 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Service is every 5000km or 6-months for Rs 5000/- for Jazz CVT
Do you face any problem with 165mm Ground Clearance with full load 5 people and luggage
Fuel Economy in city & Hghway
Dear Amar,

My wife manages the services directly. I am not sure about the money involved. However, I think it is slightly less - but of the correct order of magnitude. Yes - it is every 6 months - which is okay for me. My earlier Honda City had 3 month interval - that was a nuisance. My Scorpio has a km based servicing - which I think is better.

Regarding ground clearance - I had Honda City ZX VTEC 2006 with a ground clearance of 160 mm and a significantly longer wheel base. That touched every speed breaker in Mumbai and Pune and in between. The Thane district speed breakers were the worst. My Oct 2015 Jazz has traveled the same routes and not touched. I remember one speed breaker on some side road where the road on both sides of the hump was worn out forming trenches. With four people in the car, it made a small scraping sound! Ouch!! On the whole I think Jazz has good ground clearance. Of course, my Scorpio is leagues ahead on this front! Kidding - not fair comparison.

Fuel economy - hmmmm - oft discussed topic! The best I got was from Aundh Pune to Panvel by the Expressway - a travel of 115 km at 24.1 kmpl! But, I could never repeat it!! I got 20+ many many times. However, please note that slow driving and stop-and-go bumper-to-bumper traffic is a fuel killer. I have traveled 15~20 km in a couple of hours and got about 10 kmpl. Most of my wife's trips are 2~5 km. I am sure she burns more petrol in the parking space than on the trip! On the whole, I found the CVT to be very frugal - specially if you maintain steady driving. It is a fantastic highway vehicle. If you maintain 80~90 kmph, you can easily do a 500+ km trip and not show it.

I hope I am able to respond adequately to your requirements. Please feel free to contact me for more details.

By the way, have you seen my review on my Jazz VCVT Oct 2015? You might find that I have already written about something that is of interest to you.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 11:51   #2368
Senior - BHPian
 
sridhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,056
Thanked: 1,801 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

I got the third "free" service done for my Jazz CVT and it costed me 3400!

Basically the SA guy was only interested in cross selling some crap like underbody coating and engine lacquering. He also pronounced an expert opinion that "You are using borewell water to clean your car. So it will start rusting". (I use 1 bucket of Kaveri water to clean the car) I also asked him to give his statement in writing, jokingly, which he ignored. (Obviously!)

I told him "Dont do anything without my explicit approval even if you think it is only 50 bucks".

They changed the engine oil (Claimed it was synthetic) and rotated, balanced & aligned the wheels despite it being only 6k KMs.

They also thoughtfully left behind this item on the seat: Any idea what this is?

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20180504_085912eit.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20180504_085919edit.jpg

The thing which gets my goat with Honda is this insane 6 month/ 10k service interval. While I have no issues with (or, minor issues with) asking me to bring in the car every 6 months so that they can try & sell crap to me, I am absolutely incensed by them doing needless mechanical stuff just to get money off me. I agreed to the wheel rotation, balancing & alignment this time because I did not want them to say "You did not do this; therefore warranty is voided".

The other thing is that they have completely smudged the interior glass surfaces in the name of 'cleaning'.

The service experience has not been anything to write home about; let us see. The feeling & indications are that it is not going to be good for my BP in the future!
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 22:39   #2369
Distinguished - BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,032
Thanked: 5,644 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
The thing which gets my goat with Honda is this insane 6 month/ 10k service interval. While I have no issues with (or, minor issues with) asking me to bring in the car every 6 months so that they can try & sell crap to me, I am absolutely incensed by them doing needless mechanical stuff just to get money off me. I agreed to the wheel rotation, balancing & alignment this time because I did not want them to say "You did not do this; therefore warranty is voided".

The other thing is that they have completely smudged the interior glass surfaces in the name of 'cleaning'.

The service experience has not been anything to write home about; let us see. The feeling & indications are that it is not going to be good for my BP in the future!
Which Honda SVC was this? Your experiences mirror mine and I used to give my Jazz V CVT for service at Whitefield Honda. I never used to get alignment done through them, I go to Madhus every 5000 kms and they always do a very good job.
neil.jericho is online now  
Old 9th May 2018, 06:36   #2370
Senior - BHPian
 
sridhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,056
Thanked: 1,801 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Which Honda SVC was this? Your experiences mirror mine and I used to give my Jazz V CVT for service at Whitefield Honda. I never used to get alignment done through them, I go to Madhus every 5000 kms and they always do a very good job.
The same one, Neil!

Will start outside alignment after the warranty is over - I like the work done by the tire Empire at HSR.
sridhu is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks